A Rainy Night

Let the Heart Go On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rain that has been falling for 24 hours is now accompanied by flashes of lightning and claps of thunder. Gusts of wind howl and whistle through the windows while Mother Earth trembles with fear.

The two women who are standing in the middle of their well-sheltered bedroom, just continue to look at each other in silence and have been oblivious to the storm.

When Chaeyeon lowers her head and reaches for Sakura's lips, a flash of lightning followed instantly by a tremendously heavy clap of thunder suddenly detonated. The two women scream and squeeze into a tight hug immediately.

It takes a while before they calm down and burst into laughter.

"Oh, even heaven disapproves me," Chaeyeon jokes and makes a sad emoji face. 

Sakura chuckles. She raises one hand and spanks Chaeyeon's cheek playfully, "you don't need heaven's approval, do you?"

Chaeyeon smiles, "so can I have sensei's approval instead?"

Sakura tip-toes a bit and kisses Chaeyeon on the other side of the cheek.

Chaeyeon uses her long arms to wrap around Sakura's body again. She rubs her cheek tenderly against her temple and trails her lips from her ear to her cheek and rests at the corner of . She hesitates a moment before she closes her eyes and tilts her head slightly to capture Sakura's lips. Trying her best to be gentle, Chaeyeon greedily tastes and smells Sakura all she can. She nibbles and her lips delicately, savoring its sweetness and sniffing in her scents.

Sakura feels her world spinning. She has not expected Lee Chaeyeon to be this stunning. The sensation is so overwhelming that she feels butterflies in the stomach and weak at the knees. She holds Chaeyeon tightly in order not to fall onto the ground. After years of solitariness that was occupied by a full schedule of work and frequent sickness, she thought she has forgotten and will never again remember the taste of desire – or does she thinks so?

A sudden remembrance hits her hard in the head. She struggles to break away from Chaeyeon and sits down on the bed while clutching her heart and catching her breath.

"Sensei how are you feeling? Are you okay?" Chaeyeon quickly kneels down by the bedside, worried.

Sakura tries to chuckle through her heavy breath, "I'm so useless."

"No, no, no! Don't say that!" Chaeyeon presses her ear close to the sensei's chest. Despite the noise outside, she can still hear it's beating hard.

"Do you need your pills?"

"No, no need." Sakura pulls Chaeyeon's head to a hug and plants a kiss on her crown. She then rests her chin there briefly. 

"Chaeyeon, I'm scared," Sakura mutters.

Chaeyeon looks up, puzzled.

Sakura smiles faintly but doesn't answer.

Chaeyeon then carefully puts Sakura on the bed and lies beside her. She entwines their fingers together and pulls them to . She kisses Sakura's fingers one by one before she asks, "Why?"

Sakura's lips flutter but no sound comes out.

Chaeyeon puts her arm under Sakura's neck and pulls her closer.

"Just take your time, agi."

"Eh?"

Chaeyeon smiles, "it means babe or small children in Korean, but it can be used when I want to say: my dear."

Sakura wants to retort but then she changes her mind. Isn't it a nice thing to be pampered like a baby?

Like Eunbi did – in her dreams...

All of a sudden, everything falls together and makes sense.

"Chaeyeon, I need to tell you something."

There is something in her voice. Chaeyeon senses it. She quickly extends her arm to turn on the bedside lamp. Under the light, sensei has worn a facial expression that she cannot read.

"What is it, sensei?"

"I suddenly remember something." Sakura sounds like she is from a faraway place, "I need to tell you."

Chaeyeon is flustered. Déjà Vu...

"I thought...I never know I have forgotten..." Sakura stares at Chaeyeon but her gaze is not focused, "I don't know why I have forgotten, but now I know why I mistook you as Eunbi in the...dream – if it was a dream."

"It's fine, it's fine." Chaeyeon hushes.

"Chaeyeon..."

"Yes, I'm listening."

"Can you hug me?"

Chaeyeon immediately tightens the grip of her arm.

After a long pause, Sakura starts, "I have never told anyone about this."

"Don't worry, just spell it out. I won't tell other people"

"Will you judge me if I tell you?"

"I won't." Chaeyeon kisses Sakura's forehead to assure her.

"Okay," Sakura sounds relaxed a bit, "Around 10 years ago, I was kidnapped. You were probably too young at that time."

"I read it on Wikipedia. It says you got arrested by helping a lesbian girl in some Pacific Island country."

"She was the staff of a KoEBi affiliate NGO, a bit like Chris, but closer. She was caught having with another woman by her husband and was sent to jail. I shouldn't be going but many objective circumstances led me there. She was tortured and in prison. Even though I was there, I couldn't do anything. But I was lined up with meeting a handful of dissidents and they gave me evidence of severe human rights violations in her country and asked me to publish them after I go home. But I was arrested in the airport with all the physical evidence confiscated."

"B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter