Chapter 12

True owner of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun pov

Feeling rather nervous with butterflies in my stomach I pace my apartment as I wait for Chanyeol to arrive.

I recheck how I look in the mirror hoping I look a lot better than I did earlier when I felt rather sick.

I can't wait to see him again. I have to admit I am starting to fall for him and how could I not. He is just beautiful and kind-hearted and is so respectful to others and me of course.

Hearing my phone ring I feel all giddy.

"Hello"

"Hi Baekhyun it's Chanyeol"

"Hey, are you on the way?"

"No... Baekhyun I'm so sorry I'm still at work finishing off some stuff"

"That's ok no problem"

"No, it's not ok I promised I would drop by and I hate breaking promises"

"It's ok don't worry about it"

"Baekhyun I will worry about it. I feel awful finding out at the last minute I have to go to  China and then instead of me being there with you I'm here at work still when I should be heading to the airport"

"Please don't worry it's ok you have to work"

"I am so sorry Baekhyun can I make it up to you. Will you let me please, when I get back home?"

"Oh I don't know" I say playfully down the phone knowing deep down I feel rather upset 

"Let me take you out for dinner. Actually scrap that come to my place and I will cook for you when I get back how's that sound?"

"You cook?"

"Yeah believe it or not I can cook"

"Are you sure you want to do that?"

"Yes I'm sure, let me make it up to you"

"Ok then it's a date"

"Perfect I will look forward to it"

"Me too"

"Baekhyun can I ask what tonight was?"

"Oh it was nothing really you go get sorted with work or you definitely won't make the airport"

"Ok beautiful I will definitely see you when I get back"

"Yes you will, have a safe trip"

"I will and you and baby be safe and eat healthily and I will speak to you soon"

"We will speak soon"

"Bye Baekhyun"

Bye Chanyeol

Hanging up the phone I let out the lump that was in my throat and burst out crying.

Knock knock

Wiping my face quickly I open the doors to see Luhan

"What's happened?, you were all happy only an hour ago"

"He can't make it"

"I know that's why I'm here and so is.."

Stepping to the side Kai appears holding a massive bunch of flowers.

"What's going on?" I look at them both confused of what I am missing.

Kai clears his throat and moves the flowers so they are in between him and Luhan. " Chanyeol rang me about 15 mins ago and told me I have to drop everything I was doing and collect these flowers he had ordered. I was also to tell Luhan what happened when I arrived back here"

"He didn't want you to be alone Baek and he is very sorry about tonight" Luhan steps into my apartment and pulls me into a hug.

"I was gonna tell him I wanted to date him" I mumble into his chest

"I think he would have loved that" Kai says smiling at the doorway

"Do you think so?" I move away from Luhan wiping my eyes and admiring the flowers Kai is still holding.

"Hell yeah, he is crazy about you Baekhyun. He has gone on and on about you since day one. To be honest Baekhyun I have never heard him so upset for letting someone down as I have tonight"

"See baek just tell him how you feel he has told you he wanted to date you already" Luhan heads to the kitchen to flick on the kettle.

"I wanted to tell him face to face Luhan he deserves that more than over the phone". I walk towards my sofa as they follow me.

"It's none of my business but I'll ask anyway" Kai cautiously takes a seat putting the flowers down on my table.

"Why now, he did ask you to be his before"

"Hey low blow" Luhan says looking at Kai as if any minute now he will kill him

"No, leave it Luhan Kai is right. I guess I got scared. Kai, so much had happened in a week. I broke up I  moved twice went on a date with Chanyeol everything was too much at the one time. Then it's like I woke up and could see Chanyeol is an amazing guy. He wanted me for me not just out of pity cause I was pregnant. If any of this makes sense"

"Chanyeol isn't like that if he likes something or someone he will piss me off till he gets it" Kai smiles softly while reaching out his hand

"Chanyeol knows your situation and wants to be a part of it that must say something" Kai rubs his thumb across my hand making me smile.

"It does" I start to cry again as Kai gives my hand a little squeeze

"Ok so you both like each other so can we say then that when he gets back you guys will get together?" Luhan asks

"Yes I'd like to but we need to do it slowly so we both know where we stand with the baby" I find myself touching my bump feeling rather nervous and upset.

"You're afraid he will leave?" Luhan asked with a whisper before moving closer to me

"Yes" I let more tears out as Luhan hugs me again

"Not all men are Mason" Luhan says while kissing the top of my head. 

"I wanna kill this guy whoever he is" Kai huffs out making me and Luhan laugh at his sudden outburst

"Get in the queue" Luhan smiles as I snuggle into his chest more.

"Fancy ordering food I'll pay?" Kai says while taking his phone out of his pocket

"I am hungry" I smile while rubbing my stomach making Luhan just laugh at me

"I have Sehun downstairs is it ok if he joins us?"

"Oh I forgot you told me at lunchtime he would be over for your date" I feel really bad now holding Luhan back from dating.

"It's ok I needed to make sure you were ok baek. I love you and your my best friend"

"No Luhan go be with Sehun. Kai and I can get some food" I look at Kai who nods his head in agreement

"But you're upset I don't want to leave you"

"Hey Luhan I can take Baekhyun out to get some food you go be with your man" 

"See Kai agrees" I watch as Luhan smiles and pulls me closer for another hug. "If you need me I'll be downstairs"

"I won't now go and thank you"

"No worries Baek have fun" Luhan leaves as I look at Kai "so food " I smile

He just laughs and puts his phone away

"Yes food because my stomach thinks my throat has been cut" he groans putting the flower into my kitchen sink

"That's a bit dramatic Kai "

"That's what Chanyeol says to me all the time so you pair will be great together" he smiles as I grab some shoes and slide them on

"So what sort of food do you want?" Kai opens my apartment door as I grab a jacket and my wallet

"I really wanna dip some fries into a McDonald's Mc flurry".

"Ohhh now that sounds so good, let's do that" Kai looks all excited as we head down the lift

"Kai can I ask you something?"

"Oh crap I know what it is " he steps out of the lift and guides me over to his car.

"What do you think it is?" I look puzzled at him

"You want to know if I will date you instead because we have the same taste in food and Mr. Chanyeol wouldn't dare dream of eating ice cream and chips together so you want me really" he says with a smirk and a wink.

I burst out laughing and so does he

"Yayy I got you laughing" he smiles a big smile as he opens the car door for me.

"You did, thank you" I climb in and wait till he joins me

"So what did you want to ask?" He starts the car as we head out from the underground carpark.

"Chanyeol's ex "

"Oh crap you went there" he doesn't take his eyes off the road as I watch him look sad all of a sudden as we drive to get some food.

"I'm sorry it's just he knows about mine"

"I get it, look I rather he tells you but what I will say is that Chanyeol doesn't just date for the sake of it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter