Chapter 3

True owner of my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ok we are here now" Luhan turns off the engine as I hang up the call to work telling them I won't be in today. "I am rather nervous and excited" I look towards Luhan as he just has the biggest smile on his face. "Baek, you know I love you right. So no matter what happens I will always have your back" he reaches across my lap holding my hand giving it a little squeeze. Looking down at my hand I notice I still have my engagement ring on. "Oh crap" I move my hand from his and look at the small ring on my finger. He notices and covers his mouth. "Do you think Chanyeol saw it?" I look up at him a little worried. "I doubt it he asked you out for a coffee or maybe he saw it and thought it was a normal ring you were wearing on that finger. These days you can't really tell. Plus it's not your average engagement ring but it is what Mason could afford and you loved him and said yes to him".He gives me that sad smile letting me realise it's all really over. " I don't really want to take it off yet though but I know I have to as it's over". I begin to feel my heart break again as my emotions rise. "Hey look how about we just go inside and see the baby and then you can decide all that later or another day". He covered my ring with his hand making me smile. "I guess you're right, I just think the man that put it on should be the one to take it off" I sniff as I wipe my tears in my sleeve. "Hey maybe instead Chanyeol can remove it" I look at him with wide eyes as he winks at me smiling. "Luhan it's just coffee '' I gently nudge him as he climbs out of the car. Smiling to myself as I look down at the ring I take a deep breath and climb out of the car and just decide to deal with the ring later.

Arriving outside my doctors office we register with the Receptionist and take a seat. "Oh Baek this is so exciting. We are going to see your baby" Luhan hugs my arm so tight I try to peel him off."Luhan I will be ok wont I?" I look at him with sad eyes as he just pulls me closer so I can hug him. "Hey you are the strongest person I know baek and I am here for you to help you with the baby ok now smile and wipe those tears this is a happy time now ok" he wipes my stray tear as I strengthen myself up and take a deep breath letting it out. "Yes you are right, I got this" I smile as the nurse calls us. "Let's go see baby" Luhan stands in front of me pulling me up from the chair as I now feel butterflies in my stomach as we follow the nurse.

"Ok Mr Byun, the doctor will see you after we do the ultrasound ok" She smiles while closing the door after us and taking a seat at a machine that just looks like a computer on wheels. "Ok Mr Byun if you would like to pop up onto the bed here and just open and pull down the waist of your bottoms. "I do as I'm told, shaking like a leaf knowing I am going to see my baby soon. "Ok if your partner here would like to take a seat on the far side we can start the test" she smiles as Luhan doesn't correct her and takes the seat holding my hand. "Ok so we are gonna put some tissue just along the band of your bottoms so as not to get the jelly on them" she does her thing as I look up at the ceiling not being able to control my nerves and how now I am beginning to shake. "Baek are you ok?" I feel Luhan hold my hand tighter as I look at him. "Just can't stop shaking with nerves" I whisper as the nurse looks at me. "You will be ok,sure today is a good day you will get to see the baby" She smiles as she too rubs my other hand.

"Ok I know you are shaking a little but I do need to put the jelly on now.It is rather cold at first till I start moving the little wand around" she holds up the jelly bottle and gives it a shake before placing it over my body and squirting it out onto my belly making me flinch. "Damn that is cold '' I laugh making them both laugh too. "I know, you would be surprised at how many people say that on a daily basis" she smiles as she uses the wand-like device placing it on the jelly and moving it around my stomach while looking at the screen. I can't look at the screen so I keep looking up at the ceiling. "Ok there we go '' The nurse says, making me look at her as she turns the screen and higers up the sound. "Holy moly, is that the baby's heartbeat?" Luhan says making my own heartbeat raise hearing the sound. "It sure is and it's nice and healthy. If you look here Mr Byun there is your baby" She smiles as I look at the screen and burst out crying with joy. "Oh my god, how far along are you baek?" Luhan says, making us look at each other in shock. "I thought I was only a few weeks" I look at the nurse as she smiles while doing things with the machine. "I'm sorry but you are definity more than a few weeks. '' She smiles again as I keep looking at the screen as she pauses the picture on the screen and removes the wand like device from my stomach. "Let me just go get the doctor and I will be right back" She leaves the room as I can't take my eyes off the screen.

Luhan gets up quickly from the chair making me look at him as he holds up his hand, answers his phone and leaves the room. I am all alone and looking at my baby on the screen and how much I hate Mason right now. He has left me to do everything alone. I start to cry before I snap myself out of it. I have Luhan. I don't need Mason. I am strong enough to do this alone but right now I need a hug and they left me alone. I begin to cry and laugh as the nurse comes back in with the Doctor and Luhan following behind.

"Well Baekhyun looks like baby is about 4 months judging by the size" my doctor moves closer to me taking my hand. "Congratulations,you are halfway there Baekhyun without even knowing it" he smiles at me as the nurse hands me some tissue to wipe the jelly off my stomach as Luhan helps me. "How is he half way there. Isn't it nine months doctor and why isn't he showing yet?" Luhan questions as the doctor shakes his head. "I'm afraid not, men tend to have babies at eight months not the full nine like women do. Also many people have been full term on being pregnant and have had no stomach or symptoms. Baekhyun you have been doing marvelously everything looks good on the scan. I will give you some vitamins to get in the chemist for the next few months please take everyday. I will see you back in my office in about 3 weeks and we will see how things are going if you need me don't be afraid to call or pop in for an appointment". He scribbles on a pad and hands me the paper along with a picture of my baby. "What do I do now doctor? I look at him with tears in my eyes sitting on the side of the bed. "Go home and get ready for baby young Baekhyun. Celebrate the news and I will see you soon" He shakes my hand and leaves as I get off the bed and close the waistband of my trousers. "Ok Mr Byun congratulations you can head off home now" the nurse smiles holding open the door as Luhan and I leave.

Walking back to the car I can't believe how far along I am. Luhan is skipping like a child in front of me as he opens the car door for me smiling a bright smile. "You're very happy?" I frown at him as he smiles and moves closer. "I got a call to tell me that you have a choice of an apartment " He squeals, making me look in shock at him. "Really that fast?" I sit in the car as he closes the door and climbs in. "Yeah that was the apartment company they said you can pick which one you want" he starts the car as I click on my seatbelt. "Luhan" I call out as I start to sob, making him turn off the engine and move closer to me. "Come here I am so sorry you have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter