Blessing

Chaste Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When someone wish to have more money, more love, more health, more of anything, people said that's human greed. Human greed is limitless. Human won't feel satisfied with anything they had and search for something new, something bigger, something challenging.

As for me, I don't think it's greed. Afterall, human potentials are limitless. The best way to channel them is through something unimaginable, something big that they never had.

Acquiring this "out of reach things" makes us feel more valuable, stronger, better.

Just like now, never once I imagine I will spent my time chasing someone I thought special, attempting a role that I don't really feel comfortable with and giving my time trying to please that special someone.

This is unimaginable and I am excited to discover more, feeling more, getting more.

"Do you expect me to at least have basic cooking skill?" sohyun say that when we are halfway eating

"pardon?"

"cooking, is it important?"

"ah, no, not really" I think I somewhat offense her.

"I know that men tend to expect women to cook. Nowadays, men who can cook always praised highly like that skill is assigned to women and they are some sort of gem.

"as for me, sometimes we forgot that cooking is genderless skill, a man who can cook not more valuable than woman who can cook, vice versa" she said that nonchalantly, but I know she is being cautions

"now that you mention it, I feel like my ignorance about things will hurt people"

When she brought a topic like this, I realize that somehow in this world, I just one of those ignorant bastard. Naming object, skill, hobbies like it is intent to be gender or age based. Cooking for woman, extreme sport for man, youngster is amateur and so on. If there are some people who don't fit that, they are one of the odds.

"so do I" Sohyun laugh, this laugh melts down the serious vibe.

"Thanks for telling me this" I smile, I never know that being with someone give me more than what I can reach alone, she advice me to be better.

"Thanks for giving positive feedback" she strech out her chopstick, giving me the noodles she had.

"This kind of things may lead to quarrel but I am glad you have an open heart to think this out" Sohyun adds

"probably because I value your thought, if it comes from my manager it probably takes more time for me to grasp it, isn't it strange?"

"kind of. We are human tho, we select what we want to hear and judge the other, that's why we create many problems"

We dig in our food more cheerfully after the talks. At my age, I think I am an adult, have more insight and a good person. She prove me wrong, I am no good but I can compromise and get things settled in good side.

"We never had quarrel, right?" I say to her

"not big one" she says

"If we ever had one later, what should I do?"

"hm, beg for forgiveness?" she give me question not answer

"Althought I am not wrong?"

"Rather than point out which side is wrong, isn't it better to solve the problem?"

"that might be right, but saying sorry won't makes someone feels good" I said

"I also feel that way. Feels like I am a loser when I admit it"

"I know right?" I bring my plate to the sink, sohyun still have some foods left

"let's have bigger picture when we have problems"

She adds her plate to the sink some time later, trying to help me but I gesture her to just clean the table.

"It will be nice if we can think clearly like now, but it will be frustating period when it come to that later" I say

"how about we try to take our time apart when we are having fight?"

"I am afraid that one of us run away rather t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter