Chapter 2

All Eyes On Me Now | ATEEZ Hongjoong

The room is tiny, it consists of a small single bed, a desk, and a closet. Here they share the bathroom and kitchen that are located in each end of the corridor. Just like the vibe of the place, the room is not looking more comfortable. A bit dusty, dim with only a small square window, moldy on the corner of the wall and ceiling. The furniture seems old, maybe older than him.

"I can clean the room for you by the way!" Hongjoong just looked at the man a bit skeptical. The man has showed him the bathroom and kitchen, it's not very clean but at least it has everything he needs. The place is only for boys so it would be fine to share. 

"Oh I'll be considering a bit, I still have to look for the other place.." 

"Well the sun will set soon, you should make your choice now, don't you?" the man is right, moreover Hongjoong got really tired after walking around Seoul in the heat carrying his heavy baggage around too. His body is sticky with his pouring sweats, he really want to take a shower and let his body rest in a bed. But he still has his curiosity.

"Uh.. is it correct if I can pay only half the rent now?"

"Of course, as it said in the apps~ I know that students don't have much money anyway"

"But I'm not a student.. Did you have a special offer for students?"

"You are not?! Oh my bad, I mean you look so young so I thought- right never mind, no it's not only for student, it applied to all the residents here." 

"But the rent is already cheap how can you-" Hongjoong said his thought loud. 

"You know it's just because this place is not strategic and the room is not that nice but at least you can sleep peacefully here... Then let me clean the room for you, you can look around the area and your room will be ready once you're back!" he said showing his big toothy grin.

The man lead Hongjoong to the hallway pushing him to the metal door he came from minutes ago. "Oh I'm Wooyoung, Jung Wooyoung.. and you are?"

"Hongjoong, Kim Hongjoong."
 

Hongjoong stepped out of the building, he look around to see other small building. The neighborhood is quiet, there's not many people passing by, he likes the peaceful atmosphere. He then walk down the long stairs to visit the convenient store he has passed before, he needs to rehydrate.

He turns the corner but he bumped into a man causing what the man carries to fall to the ground. Luckily it's carried in a plastic bag so he didn't scatter the man's belonging. "Sorry.."

"Aish what a douchebag." the man hissed lowly after picking up the plastic bag, Hongjoong didn't hear him though. But Hongjoong heard some mumbles from the man who's now leaving already.
 

He went inside the store to buy a bottle of water and drink it on the table set in front of the store. He gulped it down so quick didn't realize how thirsty he got. The sky is getting darker, the bright orange has dived down into the series of building in front of him, the heat is still there but it ceased slightly when the breeze pass through. He sat there trying to calm his mind and maybe get some inspiration for a song to work on later. He needs to adapt living in the city, he needs to make it work, he needs to work harder for a better life, he needs to survive to achieve his dream.

It's been an hour since he left the place, he decided to get back then. 

The creak of the metal door startled him as he pushed it open, but then he got startled again by the man in front of him.

"You're back! Your room is ready now, I've put your bags inside too.. Here's the key." Wooyoung hands him his room key and Hongjoong thanked him then leave for his room.
 

Once inside, he scan the room once more. "Only for a month, it'll pass soon before you realize.." he said to himself. He get a fresh pair of clothes and a towel out of his suitcase before he unpack, he needs a cold shower.

He opened his door the same time with a tall man across his room, the man looks really intimidating with his sharp slanted eyes, pointed nose, and full lips. The man caught him staring but he brush it off and head to the kitchen/entrance direction. Hongjoong hugged his clothes and toiletries tight to his chest feeling a bit scared then rushes to the opposite direction where the bathroom is located. 

Right before he got to see the bathroom, he notices a room opened so he take a look inside. The room is dark and there's a gaming laptop on the desk, it's on, the owner must have gone somewhere quick that he didn't mind closing the door. After he's done scanning the room that look alike as his, he turn to see another tall man. He jumped a bit at the unexpected presence. "What are you looking at shortie?" Unlike the tall man before, he's not as intimidating. When he didn't get any reply, the man just go into his room sitting in front of the laptop to continue his game with his headphone on.
 

Hongjoong set the toiletries on the shower soap dish and hang his towel on the frosted glass partition. He took off his clothes and throw it in the corner of the room. He turned the tap and cold water runs through his head to his toes. While he's still feeling the cool sensation, he heard the door open, must be the resident here. He has went to a public bath so sharing the bathroom is not a big deal. He heard the shower next to his is now running. He didn't care at all until a voice broke into his peace. "Can I borrow your shampoo? I forgot that I've finished mine.."