Chapter 1

All Eyes On Me Now | ATEEZ Hongjoong

Hongjoong heave a sigh sitting down the bus seat to Seoul. It will take 5 hours to reach there, he decided to sleep as he wake up really early to catch the bus. He can't expect how he will survive there, people have told him that it wouldn't be easy. As a busier city than the one he lived up till now, he has yet to feel the struggle living life. The environment will be completely new for him, the living cost, the people, the lifestyle.

He don't really listen to what people have said as it will just make him dejected. He wants to start fresh, no stereotypes, no prejudices, no believing in rumors, at least he wished the city to welcome him openly. He also has Eden who might help him familiarize with the city, he shouldn't worry too much.

He close his eyes after plug in his ear buds, let his playlist calm him so he can get some rest. His father worried a lot for him, but he assured him that this new job will pay better and not as exhausting as working in the field. He will enjoy it more too.

--seoul: 12 pm--

He get off the bus slowly, trying to take in his surrounding. The terminal is really packed, guess there's a lot more like him coming here. It's not a matter of adjusting in; it's surviving. He knew well that life is never easy, he's been through a lot anyway.

"Yah get off my way you little bumpkin!" Hongjoong got yanked after the man told him off. He glared at the man who's not looking much older than him, but he didn't say anything until the man left. He straighten his backpack and grab on his suitcase handle ready to leave the terminal. He had already lists some place to stay, making sure it's cheap so he can stay a month before moving to a better place after receiving his first pay. 

Unfortunately for him, the places he had search are far from the terminal and also from KQ, but he has a tight budget, must cope with it for the time being. He need to find the nearest bus stop and get on the city bus to get him near to one of the place on his list. The weather is very hot, the crowd makes him dizzy, some of the people are rude, it's not starting off well for him.

He finally get off after several stops, he still need to walk for twenty minutes to reach the building. Dragging his big suitcase is as hard as plowing the field, given that the road is going uphill. It took him more than twenty minutes but he's now looking around the unit with the landlord. The place is small but it's enough for him alone, a bit cozy but he actually only need it to store his belonging while he may not be going home often being a producer. He asked the landlord to keep it for now as he wants to check the other place to choose the best deal for him.

The next place is nearer to KQ, the place look alike the one from before but it's more expensive so it's a no. Maybe he will stay here after his first pay though. After so much walking, his stomach grumbled, it's lunch time already. He went through his pocket to take his wallet, as expected there's not much. He went to a small restaurant and ordered a rice bowl dish, the portion is small but at least he can keep his stomach from grumbling.

"Ugh! Can you keep your suitcase to yourself?!" he see the middle-aged lady glare at him  nearly trip over his suitcase. He just pull it closer to his chair while nodding at her. Hongjoong is a quiet person and not so friendly, he likes to keep things to himself, he don't want to burden others, he believes that whatever come for him is all under his capability; he can handle things on his own no matter how hard it is for him.

After checking some more place, he finally arrived at the last place on the list. It's the cheapest place on the list by far and he know better what to expect. He need to climbs up numerous stairs to get there, plus he's bringing his big suitcase. His breath huffed and puffed, he paused at the entrance as the sign said that the room is on the second floor of the old-looking building. He straighten his back before setting his feet on another stairs, still glad it's only the second floor.

He opened the metal door with a quite loud creaks. This place is a gosiwon (form of low-cost, cocoon-like accommodation, usually larger rooms divided by thin walls and makeshift doors). He thought that it'll be okay to check the place out but he got an eerie feeling after scanning the corridor. The place is dimly lit, the air is stuffy as there's no window or air-con along the corridor, somehow it felt cold too even though it's summer.

"Oh young man! You need a room?" A man looking at him through the opening of a counter that maybe is a room too. Then the man come out from the door of the room smiling widely at him. He looked really young, maybe the same age or younger. His black hair split perfectly showing his middle forehead, he seems friendly and also good-looking.

"Uh yeah, I'd like to see one..." Hongjoong said, maybe he can trust this guy.

"Well good choice, we have only one room available so you might grab it quick before another tenant take over!" the guy said zealously.

"You must have checked another place, I can guarantee that it's the cheapest here, it suit well for a student like you!" he continued.

"There's also free instant noodle and some dishes that I made sometimes. Trust me, it's the best deal you don't want to miss!" he's now walking ahead leading Hongjoong to have a look around the place.