Chapter 6

All Eyes On Me Now | ATEEZ Hongjoong

It's middle of the night when Hongjoong still working on songs on his laptop. He works with his headphone on, immersed with his work that he didn't notice someone is enjoying the view of him being concentrated from the tiny hole on his wall.

He yawned a few times before calling it a night. He take off his headphone but he heard a thud from the ceiling. He looked up for a while making sure he heard wrong. Wooyoung said that the third level is abandoned because of the fire that took place there. He didn't have the money to renovate the floor so he leave it untouched. There won't be any sound if it's empty right?

After waiting for exactly a minute of silence, he shrug it off and lay himself on the bed. He's really excited for tomorrow, he's sure that he will get at least a single praise from Eden.
 

It's still 9 in the morning, he came an hour early to the company. He waits at the lobby while glancing at the entrance once a while expecting his appearance. He sits straight clutching the straps of his backpack containing his laptop when he heard footsteps coming from inside.

"Oh you're here already?" Hongjoong turned to see Eden who's actually here already.

"Hyung... How have you been?" He greets him politely.

"I've been doing fine, now would you like some coffee? I'm about to get some." Eden asked casually which then Hongjoong follow along.

--at Eden's studio inside the company--

"Now, tell me how everything on this works." Eden said as he gesture his hand in circular motion above his workstation. Hongjoong was taken aback at that. He didn't actually know everything there, just some that he can point out but it's also limited to only the component, not really understanding how it works.

"I know it would be like this, it's actually your first assignment. You need to remember all the parts, how it works, and how to make it functional for song producing."

"Not that I don't want to help you, but I bet it will be better if you study on your own... If you're stuck at something, just keep it to ask me later."

"I'll give you 24 hours to learn on your own. If you can answer my questions for your evaluation, then we can start on songs, we can even start with what you've prepared~ But if your knowledges are still lacking, then it will stall our time and you might not progressing on your works." He said dead serious.

"Okay hyung, I'll do my best!" Hongjoong could only accept half-heartedly because it doesn't cross his mind that learning about the advanced tools is that important. But he believed that Eden must have his own way so he could help him realizing his dream.

"Alright that's it for today, fighting!" Eden said while waving at him smiling a bit and Hongjoong could only nod his head.

/What the hell, my first day goes like that? How in the world memorizing some tools is that important in music producing? I mean he could teach me while we're producing.. Why waste my time for that?!/ Hongjoong heaved a sigh after exiting Eden's studio. Now he has nowhere to go. He thought Eden would guide him around the company, give him room tour, and maybe show him his own studio. Sadly, that's not today, maybe tomorrow... or even a few more days.

He exit the building with disappointment all over his face. He decided to get back to his place because he couldn't spare some of his tight budget going to internet cafe or some cozy place to work on his research.
 

He climbed the set of stairs when he saw a police officer approaching him.

"Good afternoon sir! Are you probably a  resident around here?" The officer asked politely with his calm low voice.

"Uh yeah.. I stay at that place." Hongjoong said while pointing his index finger at the shabby looking three-storey building.

"Oh really? So I'm here because of a complaint from some residents here that they found a cat corpses on the dumpsters around this area. It has occured a few times but the residents here don't have any clue of who would do that. Is there maybe someone looking suspicious around the area?"

"Uh I don't really know either as I've just moved here."

"Is that so? That's a pity but if you find anyone suspicious around here, I hope you could report it to me. I'm officer Kang Yeosang, you can call me Yeosang." The officer said smiling at Hongjoong.

"Okay I'll do that." Hongjoong's about to leave but Yeosang stopped him.

"Oh and you stay in that building? Hmm a gosiwon, maybe I could ask the landlord, may he or she be there?" Yeosang asked while eyeing the long rusty metal sign of the building.

"I don't really know, you should check it out yourself." Hongjoong went straight followed by Yeosang.

Hongjoong opens the creaky metal door which made Yeosang scrunch his face. They step inside and Hongjoong knocked on the counter while calling Wooyoung.

"Wooyoung-ssi? Are you there?"

Just then the door burst open showing Wooyoung dressed up in a formal wear with some make up on.

"Oh Hongjoong, I was about to go some- Oh why is there an officer here?" Wooyoung asked as his eyes laid on the officer who stood behind Hongjoong.

"Uhm I, okay this is the landlord, so talk it out, I've got things to do." Hongjoong said to Yeosang and eyed Wooyoung before he left for his room.
 

He unlocked his door and get in. He set his backpack on the bed and sit there. He take out his laptop and put it on the desk but he noticed the position of his headphone. He remembered that he put it on the left side of the table, not the other side like it is now.

/Huh? I set it there last night, why- Did someone broke in my room?! Geez... That can't be!/