Chapter 8

All Eyes On Me Now | ATEEZ Hongjoong

Without much thinking, he passed San and walk into the bathroom. San could only stare at the door behind him, squinting his sharp eyes.
 

--at the company--
 

"Right it's been exactly 24 hours since I gave you the assignment.. You learned well right?" Eden break the silence. 

"Yeah, I have learned a lot.." Hongjoong said trying to convince Eden and himself too.
 

"No, you don't get it didn't you?" Hongjoong could only look at the workstation in front of them. He's failing, he couldn't answer most of the questions directed to him, he really felt bad, he want to dig himself a hole, he can't stand the embarrassment. "I.." 

"Well I'll give you another chance.., now pack your things and follow me for today." Eden leave the room and Hongjoong slouched down the sofa on the corner of the studio. He took a deep breathe in without letting it out immediately. Did he disappoint Eden that much? Would he accept him being a producer in this company? Will he go back to his hometown living as a hard labor worker for the rest of his life? What about his dream? Nobody want their dream to be crushed...

"You ready?" Eden peek his head through the door which startled him. "Yes I  am!" he stand up abruptly looking so unnatural. Then the both of them leave the company, it's around evening now right before the sun sets.

"It's been long since I have a walk through the evening, quite refreshing I could say~" Eden started lightly when they reached Han river side. Hongjoong's eyes have been wandering around the area as it's his first time there.

"So how are you doing? Leaving your home for the first time?" Eden's voice filled with some sympathy.

"Oh, I've been doing-" right then he remembered about his place. "Uh I'm fine, but I didn't really like the place I'm living on now," he said a bit hesitant about sharing his story.

"And why is that?" 

"The place is really giving out an unpleasant vibe, and the residents are weird too, there's this gangster-like guy who's getting on my nerves, and also a game-addict guy who looks really creepy, and then there's this weirdo who's kinda rude that even give me chills down my spine-"

"Hey, hey, calm down now, I didn't know you got stressed already?" he chuckled lightly at that.

Hongjoong closed his mouth even though he still has a lot to say. "Are you sure they're that weird? or you're just being too sensitive?"

Hearing the word, he turned his head to face him in that instant. "Is that how you see me? A sensitive guy?"

"I mean, there's no way that all the people who live in your place are weird, maybe if you don't waste your time minding others, they won't get into you too much." Hongjoong turn his head facing the ground. He has done anything but minding others since he turned into an adult, his teenager self has made him learn to just focus on himself. Caring for other just to be betrayed is what he hate the most. And maybe Eden's right, he is a sensitive guy after that incident took place years ago.

"Then should we have a drink? No, scratch that, you need a drink. Let's go"


 

It's been nearly two hours since they reached the restaurant. They had dinner and drinks. Eden who's sitting across from him has finished 4 bottles for himself as Hongjoong is not so fond of alcohol and just drink a shot. Apparently, Eden is not in a good condition as he rant a lot to Hongjoong after the dinner which made him a bit uncomfortable and try to look elsewhere but his half-drunk . From the corner of his eyes, he spotted 2 men on the sidewalk fighting? 

The sidewalk is not empty yet the people there only watch the fight as it gets more serious. "Is no one gonna stop them?" Hongjoong widen his eyes at Eden which has just turn his head to see the commotion outside.

"Drunk fighting is common around here, just let it be until someone report it to the police~"

"But it seems really dangerous!" just then they heard a loud thud and groans from the man who's currently struggling on the ground with the other man on top of him. Seeing the situation, Hongjoong leave his table and exit the restaurant with his mind focusing on how to stop the fight cause he knew very well that it won't turn good if it keep on going.
 

Hongjoong stood in front of the two guys who are still fighting, he immediately push the man who got the upper hand away when he's about to beat the other man with his fist. The people around shriek at the scene. The badly bruised man cough out blood but he's mumbling something just like how drunk people would do. "Once an , always an --!" the drunk man said or more obviously yelled which make the other man pushed Hongjoong onto the ground as he's apparently stronger than him.

Right when Hongjoong is about to get up to stop the angry man, an officer shows up and swiftly took the man's arm and hold it onto his back and handcuffed it easily. He then rushed to the man on the ground seemingly trying to stay conscious. "Hey can you stand up?" Hongjoong asked while lifting  the man's back carefully.

"I'm hurt, can't you see hah?!" the man replied rudely. /this ungrateful jerk/  

"Excuse me, are you his friend?" 

Hongjoong look up to another officer, "No, I'm not."

"So you're a witness then, could you follow us to the station? We would like to question you about this incident."

"But I can't, I need to accompany someone, he's a bit drunk, can't leave him alone."

"If that's so, then we can do it here now, it won't be long." 
 

After a while, Hongjoong went back into the restaurant to find Eden laying his head on the table /did he passed out? ugh--/