meeting ms. kim (1/2)

fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s lunch break, and as usual, Minjoo and Yujin spent it together alone at their new found hidden yet peaceful and relaxing place located at the back of the school’s mini park. They finally finished their packed lunch and wasting their last thirty minutes by talking about random stuff, and teasing each other.


 

“You know,” Minjoo started off, leaning her head on Yujin’s broad shoulder. “I was wondering last night.” She continued and pouted, reaching for her mate’s hand and started to draw circles and random shapes on top of her palm.


 

“Should we already introduce each other to our parents?” The older woman asked then turned to look at Yujin who’s also looking at her with a curious gaze. The blue haired woman hummed, wondering as well.


 

Well, they’ve been dating for five months or so already, and everyone in their school already knows their relationship. And everything’s going smoothly as ever between them. Maybe, it’s the right time already, after all, they’re fated mates anyway.


 

Minjoo then fixed her posture, facing her lover properly. “I mean, I’m sure my mom already knows something, she would even ask me every time because of the scent and you know, I think my behavior really changed— in a good way, of course. Plus, she sometimes gawks at my mark but she never says anything.” She explained, shrugging. “She’s just probably waiting for me to break it to her first.”


 

Yujin gulped at the thought of Minjoo introducing her to her mom, she already could feel herself shaking in nervousness. Judging by Minjoo’s stories about her mom, the said lady is definitely a sweet and kind-hearted mother— she's a very responsible and hard-working mom too as she’s the one thriving so she could give her only child’s needs and wants. But of course, Yujin is Yujin, she gets worried a lot and keeps thinking about negative thoughts like— what if Minjoo’s mom won’t like her for her daughter? Even though it’ll be nearly impossible for them to part the mates away, Yujin thinks that it’s important that Minjoo’s mother likes her.


 

The older noticed it and giggled, pinching Yujin’s cheek to snap her out of her thoughts. “Chill, my mom will like you for sure.” She muttered, patting Yujin’s cheek gently. “We might hate Alphas but we know who to like.” She reassured, smiling at her sweetly which put the blue haired woman’s heart at ease.


 

“So, are you in? My mom doesn’t have any shift tomorrow. I’ll tell her that someone will visit,” Minjoo said with a bright tone, obviously delighted at her mom finally meeting her mate. Yujin took a deep breath, well, Minjoo’s there anyway, what could go wrong?


 

“Okay,” She finally answered which made Minjoo squeal, pressing a kiss on her cheek. “Yay! I’ll cook your favorite food tomorrow!” Minjoo said, and hugged the taller woman. Yujin just smiled, hugging her back.


 

“But then,” The older suddenly went serious, breaking the embrace as she looked at her mate. It got Yujin worried for a bit. “Is it okay for your side? I mean, your parents are busy and all.” She asked quietly.


 

Sometimes, Minjoo forgets that her mate is seriously the heiress of a big conglomerate and that her parents are crazy powerful and exclusive. Her father is literally the leader of the Ahn clan, one of the most powerful and influential clans in Korea— they’re literally on top of the food chain. You will rarely hear a person that doesn’t know who the Ahns are, the members of the clan have big names— most Ahns are successful business tycoons or celebrities.


 

Literally, Yujin is the only one who’s unheard of since her parents decided to keep her out of the media but still, a lot of people know her— it’s just that, they mostly talk about how gentle of an Alpha she is and that she possesses very odd traits, and how she doesn’t fit to be an Ahn— mostly criticism but still, amusement stood over it. And it’s not like Yujin has an interest.


 

Yujin herself said that she doesn’t like attention at all, but in this kind of situation, she can’t avoid it. But slowly, she’s learning to adapt with Minjoo’s encouragement.


 

Minjoo couldn’t help but to also be worried, will Yujin’s parents be those crazy rich and arrogant parents that don't like poor people for their child and will ruin their relationship? There’s like, 90% chance rate. Plus, it didn’t help that Yujin doesn’t talk much about them and it looks like they have a not good relationship at all. Common problems of rich protagonists.


 

Giggling, Yujin just stared at Minjoo in amusement- now she’s getting worried over it. “It’s okay. They can make time, somehow. Don’t worry about it. Lunch tomorrow at your place, dinner at ours.” She suggested. Minjoo pouted and just nodded.


 

“I’m scared too,” The older woman confessed and Yujin held her hand. “I’ll be there to protect you.” She responded with a small smile and it alerted Minjoo more. “Damn, I don’t like the sound of that.” She muttered, huffing.


 

With that, they dismissed the topic and just enjoyed their last ten minutes of lunch break.


 


 

Yujin fidgeted inside her McLaren, biting her thumb nail as she waited for Minjoo’s reply. She’s currently in front of the Kim Residence, waiting for her mate to fetch her outside. She’s very, very nervous.


 

She then checked her outfit, straightening it from time to time. She’s just wearing her usual outfit, after all, Minjoo herself said that she should dress like the way she does every day so— hoodie, jeans, and sneakers. Also, she eyed the gift she prepared on the passenger seat.


 

Of course, she prepared. Sakura gave this advice last night when Yujin called her because she was really panicking. Yujin had to stay all night to think of the best gift she could give to Minjoo’s mom and thankfully, she managed to think of one after researching. Even Minjoo doesn’t know she will arrive with a present for her mother.


 

After a minute, the gate suddenly opened which made Yujin jump on her seat and bumped her head on the roof in result but she ignored it, hastily hopping off her car after getting the plastic bag from the other seat with a idiotic grin because her lover looks good as usual. Minjoo ran to her with sparkling eyes, hugging her as a greeting.


 

“Hey,” Minjoo said with a smile. Yujin let out a nervous stutter. “H-Hi.”


 

“No need to feel nervous, baby. She’s waiting already.” Minjoo reassured and reached for her hand, guiding her inside the house. Yujin almost tripped on the porch because she lost control of her jelly legs.


 

“Mom, she’s here already!” Minjoo shouted to the kitchen as she led her nervous lover to the living room, making her sit there. Yujin obeyed, sitting there like a robot with the gift resting on her lap, biting her lower lip to ease her nervousness.


 

They then heard a voice from the kitchen. “Hold on, I’m just cleaning the table.” It made the blue haired woman flinch but Minjoo just grinned at her, sitting beside her and her gaze lowered. It made Yujin flinch also because she thought Minjoo was looking at her thingy but stupid her for assuming, she was actually looking at the gift. “What’s that?” The older asked, looking up to her with a curious look.


 

“Just a small gift,” Yujin answered softly. “For your mother.” She added which made Minjoo’s eyes soften. “You don’t need to.” She muttered but Yujin shook her head. “I insist, it’s okay.” She responded, smiling gently at her lover.


 

The both of them just stared at each other, getting too lost into each other’s orbs— Minjoo then lowered her gaze a bit, landing on Yujin’s lips for a moment before returning her eyes into the blue haired woman’s eyes again and gave her a very pointed look. But then, a nearing sound of footsteps made their intense eye-contact break.


 

“So, who—” Ms. Kim stopped on her tracks, squinting her eyes to the said visitor, eyes sharp.


 

Yujin blinked, her nervousness and anxiety intensifying but she actually got shocked at how Minjoo’s mom looks very young for her age, she’s just literally the older version of Minjoo but her hair is raven and eyes are deep black unlike Minjoo’s honey orbs— she probably got that from her dad.


 

Minjoo smiled and stood up, Yujin followed and almost stumbled backwards but she recovered immediately. She felt so tense because Ms. Kim’s sharp gaze is on her.


 

“Mom,” She said, gesturing to her to come closer and the older woman did, but her eyes remained glued to the visitor. “I would like you to meet, Yujin,” She introduced the blue haired woman behind her and Yujin bowed deeply. “N-Nice meeting you, ma’am.” She stuttered, gulping.


 

But Ms. Kim remained still, just silent and looking at Yujin intensely, raising a brow at her and even scanned her from head to toe. It made Yujin absolutely uncomfortable and nervous as hell, the woman was observing her. The lack of emotions in her eyes and expression really made her shake in her spot. She feared that the woman didn't really like her.


 

Minjoo pressed her lips together. “Mom,” She called for her attention because she noticed how tense Yujin is with her gaze.


 

“Alpha,” Ms. Kim muttered, tilting her head a bit as she glared at Yujin. “You’re an Alpha.” She hissed which made Yujin jump and shake in fear, sweating furiously. It scared her because Ms. Kim accurately guessed her hierarchy, which rarely happens because of her calm scent and gentle traits that no Alpha except her possesses.


 

“And not just any other alpha,” Minjoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter