insecure

fated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s been almost two weeks already since the incident happened, and when Minjoo and Yujin learned that they were fated mates.


 

Everything’s going fine, smoothly even— they are taking their sweet, sweet time to know each other well— they would rather take everything slow than rush it. Slowly but surely, indeed.


 

Plus, they couldn’t meet often as they are busy with their classes. It’s midterms so they decided to focus on their studies first before themselves, well, after exams they can solely spend their time with each other with no worries. After all, they eat lunch together— well with their friends, and sometimes, would study together at the library.


 

They are okay, Yujin is still a little bit awkward most of the time, but Minjoo understood. Everything’s still new to her but hey, she can clearly see the effort that Yujin is doing. The alpha is trying her best to learn to be a good mate to her, even taking some physical training so she could protect Minjoo. The brunette’s heart swelled when she learned that from Sakura, Yujin actually didn’t want to tell her that because she might worry (that explains the small bruises she spotted around the younger’s skin).


 

Minjoo is alright with it, that’s what Yujin wanted to do even if she’s capable of protecting them already. She knew Yujin would be upset with herself because she’s the alpha yet she can’t bust asses, she only wanted for her mate not to overwork herself especially that they still have tons of school work. Well, even if Minjoo knew to beat people, she still wanted to be protected by her own mate— after all, she’s still an omega who seeks for her alpha’s protection. It’s in their nature to be submissive.


 

And as expected, they are still the hot topic of the students of Enozi. Well, who wouldn’t be intrigued by their ‘love story’. A badass omega who hates alpha found her fated mate who’s a pure-bred cowardly alpha who acts like an omega. Both are already known around the university because of their weird and odd traits, also godly beauties, brain, and power.


 

Whenever they are found together, people would pin their gazes on them, gush and whisper over them. Minjoo, as expected, doesn’t care about them even in the slightest but Yujin’s still anxious and uncomfortable with those looks but eventually, Minjoo knew that her mate would get used to it somehow.


 

As for Yujin, Sakura’s teaching her to be a ‘real’ alpha. The harsh reality of being an alpha really terrified her but she’s ready to face and learn it all for Minjoo, she needs to be a decent and powerful alpha in order to properly protect and serve her mate. Minjoo deserves a strong alpha so she’s learning to be one even if it’s scary and hard.


 

There were improvements, they barely started anyway but Yujin’s a fast learner and she’s inspired but of course, her true cowardly and innocent nature still stands out most of the time, she couldn’t help it. That’s what she is, a coward still, she grew up like that although she’s giving her best effort to look fearless and strong.


 

And now, enough for their backstory. Currently, Yujin’s waiting for her mate outside the latter’s classroom. She’s just leaning on the wall and playing with her fingers, head down to avoid meeting gazes with random students. Minjoo is not yet done with her tests and Yujin’s patiently waiting for her since she managed to finish hers very early and fast (that’s most expected anyway).


 

The blue haired woman nibbled on her lower lip, feeling her shoulders shaking as her sensitive ears caught up some small whispers from the students, who were gawking at her. She cleared and fixed her posture. “Ignore, ignore, don’t be scared like Kkura-chan and Minjoo said.” She mentally reminded herself.


 

She slowly turned her head up, giving those nosy students sharp looks that made them flinch instantly and looked away, they all started to shake and sweat. Yujin smirked, feeling proud of herself. Yes, yes! Scare them away, only your omega can gawk at you like that, her inner wolf said and the woman rolled her eyes— this beast inside her likes to in but wolfie made a point.


 

They don’t get along sometimes but if it’s about Minjoo then it would be safe to say that they are both whipped and do get along when it comes to the beauty. Her wolf side never took over her system ever again after that one time and Yujin was relieved, she doesn’t want to hurt nor kill people.


 

The door opened and the alpha flinched, yelping and jumping from her spot but she immediately composed herself when the students turned their heads to look at her. Yujin gulped, facing the person who exited the room and it’s Mrs. Kang-Bae Joohyun, Minjoo’s class’ adviser. The teacher looked amused upon seeing the tall woman, seemingly waiting for her mate— she smiled.


 

“Miss Ahn,” Joohyun greeted the student with a charming smile and Yujin bowed before throwing a crooked and awkward smile. “Hello, Professor Irene.” She greeted back. Irene also teaches at the business department so she knows the woman.


 

“Waiting for Ms. Kim?” The teacher asked, playfulness lacing around her tone and there’s a light blush forming on the young alpha’s cheeks, upon hearing that— her nose twitched, catching a faint whiff of jasmine also. “Yes,” She responded politely. Irene nodded and smiled. “They would be out in five or so, we’re also done for the last day of exams.” She said before excusing herself and walked away.


 

Yujin sighed and leaned back against the wall again, glancing at her shining Rolex watch and played with her fingers again, looking at the hallway windows and stared at the view.


 

After a few minutes, students started to go out of the classroom, not forgetting to glance at Yujin before they went on their way, some even gasped and gushed over her but she paid no mind to it, waiting for Minjoo to appear. The scent of jasmine and vanilla started to go stronger and Yujin immediately fixed herself last minute to look more presentable to Minjoo.


 

And there she is. Minjoo exited the room with Yuri, looking beautiful as ever, Yujin’s very smitten and it’s so unreal.


 

Seems like the omega expected her already since she immediately knew where she’s standing and threw her a small smile and wave, approaching her. “Hey, I can smell you ever since you came,” Minjoo said as she halted in front of her. Yujin blinked. “I didn’t distract you, right?” She asked, worried that she might’ve bothered the older with her exams but Minjoo just shook her head with an amused smile.


 

“No, in fact, it helped me focus.” The omega responded and the blue haired woman nodded, relieved. “That’s relieving to hear.” She muttered.


 

Minjoo then turned to Yuri. “We’ll be going now, we have plans of going out.” She said to her friend and the younger immediately understood. “Of course,” The latter responded with a cheeky smile. “Me and Yena have plans too, you guys go. I’ll wait for that duck to finish her tests.” She responded then turned to Yujin, smiling brightly at her. “Enjoy y’alls date, see you around!” She added and walked away.


 

With that, Minjoo and Yujin’s eyes met, and the latter’s heart exploded into a pit of rainbows. “Where do you want to go?” She asked, her voice quivered, she felt so weak with Minjoo’s intense gaze.


 

“Anywhere, as long as you’re with me,” The omega cheesily answered with a honey-ed voice, grinning but Yujin blushed over that, she’s very easy to be flattered especially if it’s Minjoo. “But I want to eat some tteokbokki today.” She added, smiling sheepishly at her.


 

Yujin nodded, she knew a good restaurant that sells delicious tteokbokki— she and Sakura are regular customers there, and that place would be one of her favorites. “There’s a nice restaurant at Myeongdong, they offer tasty and super delicious tteokbokki.” She suggested and Minjoo’s eyes lit up immediately at the mention of it.


 

“Sounds good, let’s go there!” The older exclaimed, grabbing Yujin’s hand and dragged her at the school grounds. Chuckling, the blue haired woman let her do what she wanted and ignored the gazes, her attention all focused to Minjoo only.


 

“W-Wait, I brought my car with me today, no need to take the bus,” Yujin said when she realized that Minjoo was dragging her to the gates. Both of them halted, Minjoo turned to face her. “Really? Lead the way then,” She replied.


 

Both of them reached the parking lot immediately, students kept staring at them— adoration, envious— you name it, but both of them just paid no mind to it, however, Yujin is still a little bit bothered over it. She definitely loathes the stares, every move— they are being watched.


 

They stopped in front of a classy and gorgeous expensive onyx black car. Minjoo’s jaw dropped when she realized that it’s a McLaren 570s, she blinked a few times before looking at her mate. She knew that Yujin is filthy rich but sometimes, it still a shock to her, especially whenever the alpha would lowkey boast and show off how wealthy she is since she usually sticks to something simple.


 

Yujin doesn’t really like to show off and stuff, she would only do that to impress Minjoo, somehow.


 

The blue haired woman took out her car keys and pressed a button, making the car beep and light up for a second then walked at the passenger door, opening it. She gestured for Minjoo to hop in and the latter did, slowly and carefully.


 

When Minjoo got in, Yujin closed the door and circled to get into the driver’s seat. From the inside, Minjoo could spot some nosy students taking a picture of them, or the car. She snorted and rolled her eyes, admiring the interior of the good-looking car and can’t help but to gape at it.


 

It’s the first time she saw Yujin’s car, and it would probably be the first time the alpha drove here with it. The blue haired woman has a driver, heck, she didn’t even know that Yujin knows how to drive. Minjoo smiled secretly, Yujin is full of surprises indeed, she never fails to amuse the omega every time.


 

“Never knew you knew how to drive. And whew, nice car~” Minjoo complimented and even whistled as she roamed her eyes around once again. Yujin scratched her nape. “Yeah, I was forced to learn last year. From now on, I will drive to school so I could fetch you and we go to school together. We would also go home together.” She relayed her plan as she watched her mate.


 

Minjoo’s eyes softened, feeling her heart fluttering, Yujin’s really giving effort. “You don’t need to.” She muttered but Yujin smiled at her. “But I want to. I couldn’t just always let my mate ride public transport, especially when there’s a lot of threats lingering around in public.” The alpha reasoned out, there’s a protective and possessive growl after which made Minjoo’s heart swell.


 

But the older woman decided to tease the younger. She smirked and leaned closer, catching Yujin off-guard, she’s wearing a smug and playful expression. “Well, aren’t you so possessive?” She whispered.


 

Yujin blushed and looked away. “I-I’m sorry. I just…” She stuttered but suddenly, she felt something soft on her cheek. She malfunctioned for a second before looking back at her lover who kissed her on the cheek while wearing a warm smile.


 

“You’re at it, again.” Minjoo pointed out and Yujin pouted, sulking because her cowardly self appeared once again. The older grinned, reaching for her cheek to pinch it. “Cute,” She whispered and settled properly on her seat. “We should go now, hmm?” She said while the blue haired woman nodded as a response.


 

However, Yujin didn’t do anything, she didn’t even turn the engine of the car on and just stayed silent. Minjoo turned to her with an arched brow. “Is there a problem?” She asked curiously, looking around subtly yet Yujin just intently stared at her with those sparkling hazelnut orbs.


 

Minjoo gulped, flinching when the alpha suddenly leaned closer to her. In reflex, she also shifted backward until she couldn’t scoot away anymore, her back tightly pressed against the door and seat. She felt so nervous and excited all of a sudden, cold beads of sweat started to form on her forehead.


 

Yujin’s intense stare made her legs turn into jelly but even so, she didn’t back down with their eye-contact. The blue haired woman inched closer again, Minjoo’s brow twitched, feeling anticipation rising up into her body. She never expected that Yujin would be this bold today, and the omega might say it’s so attractive, so freaking attractive.


 

Unconsciously, Minjoo her lower lip and slowly closed her eyes, waiting for that soft lips to be pressed against her when Yujin was only inches away from her face. It’s been a while since they have shared a kiss, it was hard to spot a perfect timing— Minjoo couldn’t easily kiss Yujin since the latter would freak out since she would be caught off-guard.


 

But now, Yujin herself is leaning in and initiating the kiss first which is very unexpected but Minjoo didn't complain, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter