Chapter 6

Crescent Moon

"I was so scared, Seulgi I-i thought they will kill me" She said as she ran to me and hugged me.

"Calm down, Irene. I'm here, I got you" I said as we walked to the bed and I sat beside her.

"Ther won't kill you, okay? I will not let them hurt you. I'm always here by your side if you need me" I said and she smiled and hugged me tighted. 

"I cupped her cheeks and wiped her tears using my thumb and then I smiled. The thunder roared and she fliched. I assured her by patting her back.

"When I was a kid, my step mom use to treat me as a slave, make me clean the whole house and then one time when I accidentally dropped her favorite base. She locked me inside the basement and threatened me with a gun. It was raining that night and my father doesn't know that my step mom has been abusing me" She started and I listened. 

"I don't have the guts to tell him that I was being abused. She shot my right arm and the thunderstorm roared. Ever since that day I get scared when I hear the thunderstorm because it reminds me of her. She's my worst nightmare" She said and I hugged her tightly.

"That won't happen to you again, I won't let them lay a finger on you, I will protect you. No matter what happen" I said and she smiled and leaned closer.

"Irene?" I called and she hummed in response. The rain pouring outside as she cupped my cheeks and pulled me closer.

"Protect me, Seul" She said and then our lips met. She pulled me closer and hugged me.

Our tongues dancing in each other's mouth. 

"Rene?" I called and then I realized that she was asleep. I gently lay her down on the bed and then I went outside to make a phone call. I dialed Joy's number and then she answered right away.

"What happened? Is Irene safe now?" She asked. "Wendy told me about whay happened earlier" She added and then I sighed. 

"Yeah, she's safe. But I have a bad news, Joy" I said and she hummed through the other line. I gulped.

"I think I'm falling for her" I said.

"Seul..." She mumbled.