Chapter 4

Crescent Moon

"Good morning" Yeri showed up with a bed hair and she sat on the chair beside the dining table to watch me cook.

"Yeri-yah good morning" I smiled at her.

"You will be a nice housewife Seul Unnie, youre sweet and you cook well and do chores well. You and Irene Unnie are opposite" She yawned.

"We're opposite?" I asked.

"Conpletely opposite" She sighed. "Irene Unnie is a spoiled brat since she was a kid si she doesnt know about chores" Yeri said and she smiled.

"So we're a perfect pair huh" I laughed.

"Do you like Irene Unnie?" She asked.

"We're just friends" I answered truthfully. "How bout you? Do you like Wendy?" I asked and she blushed.

"No" 

"Are you sure?" 

"I love her" She pouted and sighed in defeat.

"Why dont you court her?" I asked and she smiled bitterly.

"She still love her ex, and she sees me as her little sister not as a woman" She said and I clicked my tounge.

"Dont give up yet Yerim-ah, you can still have her if you do your best okay?" I asked and she smiled.

"Yes Unnie, I will do my best and I will make her fall for me" I said and her hands formed to a fist. 

"Good morning guys, what's the tea?" Irene greeted and she sat beside Yeri . I  served the breakfast and sat across Irene.

"Nothing much" Yeri said.

"Ah by the way Yeri where do you study?" I asked.

"Harvard Unnie" She answered.

"Oh, cool. I bet youre smart" I smiled.

"She's smarter than me, she like reading books" Irene justified and my phone rang.

From Wendy:
Hi Seul are you free today? Wanna hang out? 

To Wendy:
Yeah I dont have anything to do. Sure, where are we going? 

From Wendy:
My house, I just want to talk to you for a big

To Wendy:
Sure Wan, I'l be there at 12

From Wendy:
Thanks Seul 

"Who's that?" Irene asked.

"Uh nothing" I answered.

"Hmmm? Are you hiding something?" Irene smirked.

"It's just Wan" I answered.

"Wan?!" Irene almost yelled.

"Wa-" Yeri froze.

"What?" I asked.

"Arent you too close?" Irene asked.

"Are you jealous?" 

"Yes, because she's my bestfriend" She answered.

"Wow" I exclaimed.

What a good way to put it 

-
"Wendy?" I knocked on her door and she opened it slowly.

"Hi Seul, thanks for coming" She said.

"Oh it's such a pleasure" I came inside and noticed the expensive furnitures.

Her mansion is bigger than Irene's

"Ah where's Joy?" I asked and she smiled.

"Yeah she have a meeting today with your boss and she's gonna hang out with somebody later" She smiled and she walked to the kitchen.

"Feel free to sit anywhere" Wendy said and I sat on the sofa.  

"What are you doing?" I asked and she sat beside me putting the cake on the table.

"I made some strawberry cake, have some" She said.

"Thank you, so what do you wanna talk about?" I asked and she smiled.

"Nothing, I just want to talk to you about things. You know it's been 2 months since we met and we're still not that close" She said and I nodded.

"Ah so getting to know each other?" I asked and smiled. She nodded with a smile plastered on her face.

"Ah Wendy I have something to ask" I said. 

"Yeah ask me anything" I look at her eating her strawberry cake. She looked at me with innocent eyes.

"Remember when we're cooking pancakes and I told you that youre pretty good at baking and then you told me that  you used to bake from 'him'. Who is he?" I asked and she put the cake on the table and faced me. She chuckled nervously.

"Well, I had a boyfriend. He's good looking, nice, caring, rich, protective, and to top that all he loves me so much. And I love him too. But one day he became cold and he suddenly hurted me and the last news that I've heard is he's in a mafia gang now. That's why my dad hired an agent to protect me" She chuckled. 

"Hey cheer up, do you still love him?" I asked and she smiled.

"It's been a year and Im over him" She said proudly.

"Cheer up, your friends love you and we're always here for you" I smiled. She was about to say something but then my phone rang. 

"Oh sorry" I said.

"It's okay answer it" She said and she continued eating her strawberry cake. It started raining outside.

"UNNIE!!!" Yeri screamed.

"Irene unnie is...." The thunder roared and I hurried outside and started the engine of my car. 

" Irene!" I yelled and drove hastily.