Our Names

Winning The Goddess

Come on come on come on-- Did u get the last of it? Wait the mini polaroid on the fridge! She chanted and and ran to the kitchen. She peeled it off and gently laid the picture in the drawer, along with many other of their framed selfies and pictures.

 

She stood there and looked around one last time, proud of her work. She couldn't have Irene's mother here and see all of these. Not when she's visiting her house that she's living with her roomate. And no roomate has this many lovey dovey pictures togather.

 


Irene walked out of their room after her shower, her hair still a bit wet. Holding her phone she looked at Wendy strangely, ".. What are you doing?"

 


"Oh. Nothing? Just thought I'd clean things up before you mom comes" she lied looking nervously away from her.

 


She stared at her a while but then shook her head and plopped down on the couch, still absorbed with her phone.

 


Ok. Pictures done.I think we're pretty decent-- the bed! No roomates share the same room, you idiot.

 

She thought and ran to their bedroom. She grabbed the pillow she had often used, the left one, because her girlfriend thinks it's easier to cuddle with her being there. She smiled at the memory and tiptoed out their bedroom behind the couch where Irene was siting, still playing with her phone. She went to her office where she would leave all the documents and where she'd get all her work done. They had bought an extra bed thinking it'd be easier for the crew to come and have a sleepover.

 

Wendy laid the pillow there, doing extra caution to make sure that the bed looks often used and absolutely her own bed. She was busy punching the mattress to make it look worn when she heard her girlfriend's sigh. Wendy walked out to see her girlfriend looking at the phone dejected.

 

".. Hey what's wrong?" she asked gently. Taking a seat next to her pulling Irene's head to rest on the crook of her neck. She rubbed her back gently before circling her arm to rest on Irene's waist.
The girl relaxed on her shoulder and sighed again. "The manager is asking me to take the night shift tomorrow.."

 


"Wait you still have to go?" she asked pulling away from Irene to look into her eyes. The girl nodded and typed her reply.

 


"But.. I earn more than enough for the two of us. Can't you--" she grabbed her hand to make Irene look at her, "Won't you let me take care of you?"
Irene looked at her with love dripping from her eyes. Her words sending butterflies in her stomach.

 


"Please? I really don't want you working there anymore.. I can't live if I'm in class and you're at that place" she pleaded with puppy eyes
Irene scoffed, "Excuse me, that place is where you met me"

 


"I know!", she exclaimed, "And who knows how many more of me out there. Thinking that you're pretty and would try to hit on you..."she mumbled

 


" No one's that much of an idiot to go through that much like you" she scoffed lifting her hand to cup her jaw

 


Wendy glared and leaned in to rest her forhead on her's, "Says the person dating that idiot"

 


Irene hummed and smiled, closing her eyes leaning forward to give her the softest kiss.
When they pulled away, Wendy rested her head on her shoulder, soaking in the warm scent.

 


"You could always try writing.. You've always said how much you wanted to be a writter. Or you could try opening an online business-"

 


Irene smirked, "Those are all work from home jobs"
Wendy jumped slightly and pulled away. Her face hidden from Irene's view but she could definitely see the pink tips on her ear.

 


She mumbled in her hand, "Is it that bad to want my girlfriend at home.." 

 


She smiled, "Maybe I will give writing a try"

 


"You will??" she yelled shifting up from her hand quickly. But when she got up she was suprised with a grinning Irene near her. She gulped and moved backwards, still shy with the close contact even though they've done way much more than this.

 


Wendy looked into her eyes still a nervous ball of wreck. Irene leaned forward making Wendy shut her eyes, when all she did was gave her a peck on the cheek. Wendy blinked her eyes opened and saw Irene giggling, already getting up from the couch.

 


"Where are you going" she whined

 


"I'm cutting some fruits for my mom. Clingy much?" she smirked

 

 


Oh yeah-- that.

 

 


Minutes passed and Wendy was looking up staring at the ceiling thinking about the girl's mother coming to visit. The sounds of cutting boards could be heard as she stared, when Irene's phone that she left on the couch rang.

 


"Wendy? Can you answer that and put it on speaker for me?"

 


Wendy grabbed the phone and slided answer. She got up to the kitchen and went next to her as she worked with the fruit.

 


"Joohyun?"

 

 


Wait-- what.

 

 


"Mom? Where are you now?" she asked pilling the chopped apples in a bowl.

 


"I just left the hotel, are you sure you don't want me to bring you any food Joohyun?" her mother asked in the other line.

 


"No, mom. Just get over here and we'll eat outside"

 


They both talked and chatted while Wendy held the phone towards her. The foreign name still echoes in her mind.

 


The family ended their phone call after Irene had told her the direction, Wendy pressed end and stood next to her, looking at her. The girl was still focused on cutting a pear to even take notice of the girl.

 


"So.." she said, "Joohyun?"

 


"Hm?"

 


"What's that all about?"

 


She looked up before smilling and focusing back to the pear, "Oh, that? Irene is a nickname I got during high school. And almost everyone calls me that. Joohyun is what my family calls me" she said grabbing another pear

 


"And you were going to tell me this when?"
Irene scoffed finally looking to her with a smile, she dropped the knife and turned to lean her back to the kitchen counter, pulling Wendy so she'd lock her there. She grinned her arm stretched on  Wendy's neck, "When we're family"

 


Wendy looked at her in disbelief, "When I purpose to you?"
Irene nodded playing with the little strands of hair on Wendy's neck

 


"That long? You were thinking to keep your real name from me that long?--" she stopped herself when she saw Irene smirking, her eyes full of mischief.

 


Wendy quickly went pink when the girl in front of her just dared her to pop the question.
"Why not? Someone here did say she was going to wife the pretty cashier once she gets a job" she trailed of enjoying the absolute wreck Wendy's in.
Wendy ignored her fast thumping heart and looked at Irene, her eyebrow raised in a smirk, "You mean Solar?"

 


Irene bit on her tounge trying to stifle her laughter, she scoffed "Check your phone later I'll give you her address"

 


Wendy hummed and went to her neck giving her open mouthed kisses, making Irene grasp the back of her head staring to the ceiling, "I'd like that. Back then when you were on leave, she's often say I was adorable"

 


Her mood shifted and she cup Wendy's jaw pushing her away from her neck, "Oh you are so sleeping on the couch tonight"

 


Wendy pouted, ".. But it's cold.. "

 


"Then turn on the heater"

 


"I'll be lonely.."

 


"Get a ouija board"

 

 

 

 

 


They giggled, Wendy plastering her faces with bunch of kisses. Irene still with her serious face but her bitting on her lips shows how much she's enjoying this and struggles to hold her smile. Wendy pulled Irene into her arms softly. Engulfing her in a warm hug.

 


Joohyun. She tried in her mind.

 

 

 


"Can I call you that?"

 


"Hm?" Irene hummed enjoying the warm embrace. Her eyes closed hugging back the girl back equally tight.

 


"Joohyun. Can I call you that?"
Irene smiled and got off from the girl. She couldn't get far as Wendy still has her hand circled around her waist, she look to her humming in thought, "I don't know.. " she raised her hand, looking throughly, "I don't see a ring here"

 


Wendy immediately went blushing making Irene smile. Enjoying her little victory. She raised her hand to pull Wendy down so they could share a deep kiss, hands carrasing everywhere, both enjoying each other's warmth, when the doorbell rang.

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Oh my god-- Joohyun the house is beautiful!"
Her mother exclaimed looking around the penthouse apartment. She went in and kissed Irene on the cheek before hugging the girl.

 

The women was an absolute beauty. Definitely not a question where Irene got her beautiful features from. She was strikingly stunning. Her looks could pass her as an actress, Wendy thought.

 

 

She stood at the side awkwardly behind Irene. When they separated the women took notice of her presence and smiled. "You must be Wendy"

 


"That Wendy-- uh, yes. Wendy is me-- She is, I"
She stammered, absolutely swimming in sweat.
The women merely smiled and nodded slowly while Irene was glaring at her.

 


"The interior design is amazing! And would you look at that beautiful view" the women exclaimed already walking towards the ceiling tall window.
Irene laughed and went to follow her. Wendy shifted and went to move to her office, she thought they'd want to spend their time togather when Irene looked back to her with a frown, "Where are you going?" She looked absolutely angry

 

"Office? I thought I wouldn't intrude a mother daughter bonding.. I'll just be in there and finish my work" she said, her voice slowly growing slow and hesitant as Irene's face looked more and more grim and she spoke.

 

The both stared at each other when Irene turned going back to her mother, and was that, sadness in her face?

 

 

 

Hours passed and Wendy had completed her last assessment. She was now working on her laptop, checking the the new client's cash budget when her phone rang. It was a text message from her girlfriend,

 

'Out to find food.'


That's weird.. It's so dry. She didn't even add a blue heart emoji like she usually do..

 

 


Wendy stretched in her chair. Her stomach grumbling as she stoop up turning open the door so she could grab a bite in the kitchen.

 


"It's not very nice to lock yourself in a room when your girlfriend's mother is here"

 


Wendy jumped yelling in the top of her lungs grasping her poor heart. She turned to see Irene's mother sitting on a chair leaning on the kitchen table. Wendy had went straight to the fridge not looking around, absolutely didn't notice the extra eye.

 


"You-- Oh my god.. I thought-- you left with her" she said gasping when her eyes went wide, "Wait-- girlfriend? You-- you knew?" she said looking at the women. She had her jaw cupped on her hand looking mindlessly at Wendy.

 


"I-- I thought you saw me as her roomate.. I-- I didn't know if she had told you-"

 


"Darling, that girl tells me everything. You do know she call home every day do you?" Wendy nodded recalling the times Irene would spend hours talking about her day to her parents.

 


"Of course my daughter would tell me about you. If you're thinking I'm not aware of my daughter's uality then you're absolutely wrong. I had noticed it when she was still in school when she wanted to change all her toys and pencil to purple ones because a girl she met in school liked the colour." she smiled enjoying the dumbfounded expression on her daughter's girlfriend's face.
" I think we've been going at this the wrong way" she straighten up and raised her hand, "I'm Seo Ji Hye, Irene's mother"

 


Wendy stared at the hand and looked back up the the older women with a graceful smile plastered on her face. She went forward and forced her trembling hand to grab her hand, "I'm Wendy"
She looked downwards and gulped before looking back up, "Her girlfriend"

 

 

 

 

 


When Irene went out the elevator with take outs on her hand she grumbled, her mood obviously down. She had brought her mother down to visit so she could introduce her girlfriend but she had spent hours locked in her office. No matter how many times she glanced to the closed office door, wishing it would open and came out her girlfriend to introduce herself and win her mother's heart but, Alas-- she never stepped foot out the room.

 


Huffing, she pressed the door's pin wrethcing the door open but to see both her mother and girlfriend laughing at each other in the kitchen. They were both in an apron stirring something in a bowl while talking and laughing. Irene stood in awe when Wendy noticed her, "Oh, you're home!"

 


"Joohyun dear, you have to come here and try this" her mother waved her over as Wendy went to were she stood and grabbed all the plastic takeouts away from her hand. "I told Wendy that you love carrot cake and look at it! It's absolutely delicious"

 


They laughed with Wendy blushing and mumbling how it was all the recipe's help. Irene smiled a little enjoying the sight going to them. She leaned to give Wendy a peck on the cheek, and whispered in her ear in a warning tone,
"Don't ever do that again"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

============
Irene was leaning on the headboard her feet tucked under the sheets from the cold, her laptop on her lap as she looked from different publishers and editors she could send her draft to when Wendy stormed in waving her phone in her hand.

 


"Baby! Baby! Look at this" she yelled flopping down next to her on the bed. She grinned showing her the adorable gif Irene's mother had sent her. It was almost like a routine, after they had exchanged contact all they would do is send each other adorable and hilarious gifs. It was  adorable at first when Irene had scrolled upwards at their earlier chat. Her mother had sent a puppy who had question mark and food floating on its head( - have you two eaten yet? -) and Wendy had replied with a photo of them eating lunch at a restaurant. Irene hadn't notice the camera so the picture had captured her at an awkward angle. Her mother had then replied with a gasping the scream gif and soon gave her more than 10 pictures of baby Irene eating messily. Wendy immediately had saved those pictures and replied with another one with adult Irene sleeping on the bed, slightly agape. Her mother then replied with a picture of baby Irene sleeping in a tub.

 

She was an infant for goddamn sake--

 


"I appreciate you two hitting it off but do I really have to be a part of it?" she grimaced while Wendy giggledly searched for another ridiculous gif to reply with. She looked at Wendy lovingly, the girl was so happy to be doing something this simple with her mother.

 


" Oh well, I guess it's fine since my mother loves you too. She even said you were like her own daughter" Irene scoffed patting the girl's head before focusing back to her laptop.

 

 

 


Daughter.

 


Wendy stared blindly at nothing, her phone dropped to her side slowly. Her own mother didn't ever consider her as a family but now..

 


She had spent days alone. During her school days, festive seasons was always the hardest. They'd all say they were going back home or sometimes they'd leave saying they had to pick something up at home.

 

The dorm was her home.

 

She had nowhere else to be. Wendy continued to looked at the ceiling with Irene's typing sounds on the background.

 


"Seungwan"

 


"Hm?" She said still scrolling through a website. When she didn't got a respond for the girl she looked up to see Wendy had the most empty expression on her face. Her heart wrenched sensing something was wrong with her lover. She moved her laptop aside and went to lay down with her, "Hey.. What's wrong?" she asked pushing some of her hair away.

 

 


"Seungwan. That's my real name" she answered looking up to her girlfriend's worried face. She gave her a smile at her girlfriend's shocked face. 
"It's what my dad used to call me before he-- And the kids and teachers at the orphanage center would always call me that. I hated it. Evertime I hear it would remind me of his gentle warm voice calling out to me. When I left there-- I created a new name. Never to be reminded again how I didn't have a family.. "she gulped, ".. But now" she smiled reaching up to cup Irene's lovingly, "I'd be more than happy to hear you call me that"

 


Irene's heart warmed and leaned down to lay on her chest. Snuggling her close with a smile
"Seungwan" she tried


"It's pretty"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

===========
Joy slammed the refrigerator shut grabbing a bottled Pepsi and already cracking it open. She walked back to the living room to see Seulgi working on her iPad while the couple was giggling at something with each other. Wendy's phone rang from the office and she stood up to go pick it up but not before giving Irene a peck on her cheek. Joy stood there watching the gross scene when Wendy walked in front of her to get to the office.She pulled on her arm stopping her, "Don't I get one of those" she asked

 

"Wha-"

 


Joy shifted her head so she'd have her cheek wide and open.

 


Wendy stared at her in disbelief, 
"Irene. Get one from her, she'd be more than happy to give you one" she answered pulling Joy's hand away and left for the office.

 


Joy looked to Irene with an evil smirk already creeping her way slowly
"Don't you dare come near me" she warned
"Joy. I'm warning you-- JOY!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Just admit it, you love me Irene" Joy yelled to Irene who was busy working in the kitchen. Seulgi and Wendy both busy discussing something with her iPad.


"Why would I love someone that save my number as,  'e' ?" 

 


"You have to agree that the is quite disturbing"

 


"She's only 3 years younger!"

 


Joy ignored her and started making gagging noises.

 

Suddenly the knife on Irene's hand felt light to throw it at someone.

 

 

 


"Baby, come over here?" Wendy said her focus still on the iPad.
Irene whined from the kitchen "No.. I don't wanna be anywhere near her"

In response Joy flipped her off.

 


"Come on, please? The bussines is doing well so I'd thought I'd give it a name and already asked Seulgi to design some logo for me"
Irene walked to the living room with lazy steps, the whole way glaring at Joy.

 


"But why do I have to be apart of this.." she whined feeling herself dragged by Wendy, forcing her to sit on her lap.

 


"Of course you have to be apart of this. It's your company too"

 


"How is it my company?" she scoffed

 


"Well, I only build it for you. It was a way to win your heart remember?" she answered plastering her face with kisses making Irene giggle.

 


Joy made puking noises, "I am this close in turning homophobic"

 

 


"Yeah Irene," Seulgi said "It's basically your company" she smiled and turned the iPad her way, showing all the design draft.

 


Irene gasped looking at the screen. It had almost more than ten designs. All with different fonts and sizes but they all write the same letter,

 


'JooWan Financial'


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

++++++++

Woah. I thought that was a bit cringey did anyone thought the same? Well anyways, Irene's mother is inspired by seo ji hye! The second female lead in crash landing to you. She's famous amonh reveluvs for looking similar to Irene! I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit meh, I've been hitting writers block and not to mention the work load my lecturer has been throwing me is definitely not helping. Hence me missing the daily upload.. I plan to end this fic at chapter 10? But we'll see. It's been a long journey between these two and I think it's time to end it. I'd miss all you honestly. But you're more than welcome to come yell at me at Twitter. You could throw me some prompts ideas and I'll see what I can do with them! Or we could just be friends and I'll be more than happy with that! Find me with @nurtastic on twitter. Hope you have a nice day!