Irene

Winning The Goddess

Solar was finishing up mopping the floor and was currently now drying it with a dried up one. She left the mop hidden in their closet door and went back to the counter when Irene spoke up, "she confessed"


Solar hummed questionly leaning to the wall while scrolling through her phone.


"The bread girl. She said she liked me" Irene continued sitting on the stool staring blankly out the door.


"Oh.." Solar said looking up from her phone.
"Yeah and she's 18"


"Oh!" she said cheerfully


"What?"


"Well at first I was just worried for you but now I know for sure there won't be any cops driving up the store to take you away"


Irene looked her way fast her face purse disgusted, "What! Ew solar, no! I'm not gonna date her. She said it was love at first sight. And If I wanted to give everyone who have ever said that a chance, than I would've already dated one of those slimey dudes already. Besides she doesn't even know my name.. It's like she's only attracted to me for my face. And what if I was ugly? Would she even still want to look my way?", she said slowly and looked at Solar for a reaction. In response Solar gave her a disgusted face and just grimaced," I'm just gonna-"
She straightened herself up and went to the closer door, "re-mop the floor because you're just being stupid"

 

 

 

 

 


"So let me get this straight -"


"I'm not."


"Shut up" Joy nudged Wendy a little still deep into her textbook. They had return back to their dorm and immediately as she went into their shared house, she sat down in front of her table and started to study.


"You said that you were going to get a good job so you can win her again because she said you were to young for her?" Joy asked with Seulgi beside her both sitting beside Wendy.


Wendy hummed her answer busy looking at her calculator, trying to solve a question to even look at her friends.


"Why.. Why would you do that, Wendy?" Seulgi said slowly currently judging her friend's choices.


Wendy sighed loudly and slammed her pencil on the table, shifting her body to properly look at her friends, "I mean what was I supposed to do? She was rejecting me for my age so I freaked out! And Yerim said to do things what I want other to do for me, so I became nice.. Everyone likes nice people.." she mumbled her confidence now lost.


"Define nice" said Joy with both her arm crossed on her chest.


"I- I don't know.. I'd want to date someone that's nice and won't ever make you question whether they love you or not. Or whether they stopped loving you. They'd never leave you alone and can be a promise that they would always love you" she said shyly now looking at her crossed leg.


Seulgi and Joy shared a glance both still judging at her, "You sappy " said Joy with a disgusted face. Seulgi giggled at that when she saw Wendy's offended face when she looked up.


"And the answer is - 125 the first part was supposed to be a positive" she said starting to get up with Seulgi following behind still giggling.


Wendy blinked following both of her friend's movement when she looked down at her work book and noticed the mistake. She smiled a little and picked up her eraser.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

========================================

"Bread girl came by this morning" Solar said untying her ponytail hair while looking at the mirror. Her clothes now uniform-less to go to her date after completing her shift. Irene still adjusting her collar hummed questionly.


"She suprised me honestly, she bought ramen today. Like a bunch of 'em, like 10 packets at once." she said now applying lipstick before continuing, "it's sad now the famous bread girl no longer can be called that"


After for sure she was satisfied with her look, Solar took one last glance in the mirror before taking off. Of course, not without saying toodles to her workmate.

 

 

Hours had passed and she was just doing her work diligently. Granted there were still some men who tried to hit on her but she rejected politely. Clearly more happier that they don't know her name to go with any of those pick up lines on her. She liked this anonymity way better.

 

She was just restocking up the drinks shelves when the door chimed. She went back to the counter to prepare herself for the new customer when it was the 18 year old school girl or, 'Wendy' as she said the other day. She was already waiting for her at the counter writing something in her small notebook. The girl didn't even bother to look at her not untill Irene cleared .


Wendy looked up for her notebook and gave the cashier her biggest grin before asking,


"How would you feel about a lawyer girlfriend?"

 


Wait what

 


Irene raised her eyebrows, her eyes open wide not expecting this obviously, "Excuse me, what?"


Wendy smiled again shifting on the ball of her feet in an excited manner, "Me. A lawyer, would that earn an extra point?"


Irene now understanding where she was going with this not her face unamused, "No."


Wendy pouted a little and look down on her notebook, she took up her pencil and crossed out something in it, "OK then, what about a doctor?"


"No."


"An architec-"


"No."


"a CEO"


"No."


Wendy now her face scrunched again crossing out something and mumbled, "really? But all those kdramas.."


Irene sighed one last time massaging her temple, clearly stressed, "look kid" she said highlighting the new nickname she gave her and making Wendy wince a little before continuing, "you're really sweet and all but I really don't want to be caught up in a high school love sickness shenanigans -"


"I really like you" Wendy said dejected pouting while looking at the hand holding her Hamtoro notebook

.
"Yes. And I heard you the first time but again, I'm  just not looking for a girlfriend" Irene said sternly looking at the door fearing that a customer would come in.


Wendy looked down at her thumbs and gulping before saying, "But I'm trying to wife you"


And that got Irene to giggle because the girl can never stop surprising her. She let out the softest giggle covered with her palm before looking back at Wendy.


Wendy was in cloud 9, she enjoyed every single of her voice and felt like if she could hear that often then she could take on anything in life.
Wendy smiled warmly, "OK noted, wife it is. And I counted 0.04 second of hesitation after I said the option CEO so I'll look into that more after this" she said smiling smugly at her way before taking a bar of Twix and putting it on the counter, taking out her wallet.


"You know I'm not gonna scan this" Irene said crossing her arms looking a Wendy


"Why not? I'm a customer and I have a right to purchse anything"


"Well not when it's for me" she said her hand rested on her waist leaning on one feet.


Wendy gasped loudly with her hands on her chest showing how absurd that statement was, "Excuse you, but I am on an errand for my roomate and she personally asked for this brand"


Irene glared at her not trusting her one bit but still took the chocolate on the counter. She scanned the item and took the paid amount. Wendy grabbed the chocolate and smiled one last time at her, "One CEO Wendy coming right up" she said with a blush on her cheek and putting the chocolate in front of Irene before sprinting out the door.


Irene scoofed at and shook her head following where the girl had went and she had the biggest grin on her face and she took off.

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Hey, Wen Wen. Can I borrow your laptop for a sec?" asked Seulgi who just got out from the shower busy drying her hair. Wendy was still sitting on the floor focused on her book, "Yeah go ahead"


Seulgi brushed her hair with the towel one last time before letting it hang dry on her bed rack. She took a seat on Wendy's bed putting her laptop on her lap.

She pressed the space bar three times to make it turn on from its sleep mode. When the screen light up she was greeted with a chrome browser that had three different tabs with 3 different Google search results, 'Highest earning job', 'Job that pays a lot' and finally, 'Job that can win the ladies'

 


She slapped the laptop shut making Wendy jump a little. She looked at Seulgi on her bed wondering ig she had super speed to complete her work, "You're already done?" she wondered, 

Seulgi gave her a fake smile taking the laptop away from her lap, "I'll just use my phone"

 

 

 

 

 

 

========================================
Weeks has passed and their CSAT are getting nearer and nearer. But that doesn't stop Wendy to at least visit the beautiful goddess everyday. At time she would be able to buy a Twix for her but sometimes they'd have to quable a little to see who won.

 


"Wow, wife I didn't knew you were so stubborn"


Irene glared at her, "Don't call me that"


Wendy giggled enjoying the angry puppy or more like bunny face, "Oh well, I had thought this would happen so.." she opened the zipper to her school bag and pulled out a Twix bar, "I bought bunch of them somewhere else"

Irene was astonished. She looked at the chocolate in front of her and the customer waving her way exiting the store.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Oh Twix bar yummy" Solar said after returning from finishing her task to restock the ramen shelves. She took the bar and got ready to rip it open when Irene grabbed it from her soflty, "No.. That's - um, mine"

 

 

 

 

 

========================================
It was a Friday night and Irene was busy counting the bills in the counter when two girls walked into the store. Irene noted that it was the two girls Wendy had always walked togather with. One was a bit taller than the three of them while the other one had such a charisma presence yet still look huggable like a bear.

I mean how was that even possible?

Irene secretly glance out the door they just came in searching for the hamster girl but it was just the two of them tonight.


"Yerim? Yeah we're waiting for you at the Wendy's mart."the tall one spoke into her phone. Irene ignored her blush noticing the name spoken, "No. It's just me and Seul tonight. She said she couldn't afford to eat tonight. I mean who could, with her spending her allowance like that" she chuckled bitterly picking up a chip and reading the package throughly with her phone tucked on her shoulder.


"I know! I told her we should at least eat decently one last time before the CSAT tommorow but then she started giving the puppy eyes and asking whether the restaurant takes leaves as payment"


Irene listened secretly here counting had stopped and she stood dumbly hands still holding the 1 dollars.


"Yeah we'll meet up up-front. Aight" she said before hanging up looking at Seulgi who was picking some refreshments


"Seul, we have to buy her some take-outs later"


"Yeah, good luck with that. Knowing her she'll feel to bad to take it" Seulgi answered picking up the new product called Bird's Nest Tea.


"Heck with that, I don't care. We'll force it to her  for all I care. You grab and I'll shove it down"
Seulgi hummed her answer turning to the counter to pay for her drink with Joy following from behind.


The bear grinned at her and paid for the both of them before leaving the store leaving Irene stunned.

There was so many new information to take in.

The CSAT is actually tommorow? I mean that answers why the daily visit from her has been short for a while but she definitely did not expect it to come this fast. And the financial status Wendy is currently in is definitely a shock to her. I mean she had expected it but to see the actual results she was amazed. Irene stopped and thought about the short girl.

Giving her luck in her heart wondering if it could even reach her.

 

 

 


Two hours had passed and she was already excited for Solar's arrival so she could finally get out of this uniform when the girl who's been running wild in her head entered.


"Hi," she said with a smile dropping a packet of ramen on the counter, "I was scared I would miss you today"


Irene hummed before grabbing the instant food and procced to scan it, "I saw your friend before. Said they were going to go out for food?"


Wendy's eyes turned wide and scoffed. She took her hand and scratched the back of her neck in a timid manner, "Yeah they did. I-"


'Couldn't afford it'


"- was craving for Ramen tonight" she decided to went with that and gave the cashier her biggest smile.


After she paid, Wendy stood in front of Irene across the counter not really knowing what to say. After a while Irene broke the silence, "So..tommorow, huh?"


Wendy looked up from her cradled ramen and gave her a small smile, ".. Yeah"


"Good luck" Irene said to her making Wendy suprised and looked at her with wide eyes.


She was feeling all the butterflies flapping wild inside and grinned taking the chance to grow closer with the pretty cashier.


"Eyy just that?"


Irene raised her eyebrow her lips quivering upwards, "Excuse me?"


Wendy leaned on her elbow using the counter as a support as she smirked, "I mean I came here to ease the nervous wreck I am for tommorow. And I'm going to take and crush this CSAT for you-"


"I never told you to do that"


Wendy continued ignoring the cashier's snarky remark, "I'd at least want something more than just a good luck wish you know? Something more big, something more sweet"


"Like what"


"A kiss-"


"No."


"Aww, but I've been working really hard! And - and not to mention -"


The girl continued on and Irene just glared at her. She was no longer focusing on all the ridiculous suggestion she was throwing. Her mind was focused at something else not exactly paying any attention what Wendy was saying. Her eyes then drifted to the single name tag resting under the counter.


"- I mean what about high fives? I'll settle with a high five -"
"What about a name?" Irene cut her off looking under the counter before focusing back to the girl in front of her.


Wendy with a dumbfounded face stood there dumbly. It took her a few second to actually understand what she meant and then she gasped,

"are you serious?"


"Close your eyes"


"Why- why do I have to close my eyes.. Are you gonna whisper it to me?" she said with a smirk and gave her a sneaky eyebrow raise.


Irene rolled her eyes and groaned, "Just close your eyes."


Wendy gave her one last smirk before clicking her tounge and gave her the most ridiculous finger gun ever before closing her eyes obediently, "Whatever you say, wife"


Irene rolled her eyes again for the nth time today. Something about this girl just had the gift to get under her skin in the most absurd way ever. She looked at Wendy who was closing her eyes with the biggest and happiest smile ever. She even shifted to the side a little, giving easy access to her ear like she was actually going to be whispered.


After a few second passed and nothing had happened, Wendy had already thought of opening her eyes thinking that she was being made fun of by the cashier when suddenly she felt her hand being pulled.

She gasped silently at the new cold hand when the said hand had opened up her palm and dropped something. As quick as the hand came was as quick as it left.

With shaky breath she opened her eyes and she was greeted with the cashier and her arms crossed looking at her and was that? Was she blushing a little?


Wendy looked down to her palm and it was her nametag.


".. Irene" she read it slowly. Letting the name roll on her tounge.


Wendy scoffed a little absolutely amazed to this sudden development. She tapped the name tag on her palm and said, "You know you giving this to me just increases the chance of me running out with this, right?" she looked up to the cashier expecting to get a good ol' scolding but she was greeted with the girl looking straight at her and her cheek now clearly obviously painted.


" You serious? "she asked with a high voice. 


" I can keep this??"


Wendy giggled and with the biggest smile she cradled the name tag to her heart, "Thank you! I'll make you proud! " she said ending it with a laugh before leaving.


With the girl gone, Irene groaned in her hand massaging her temples just regretting what she just did when a chime broke in showing a customer had entered. When she looked up it was Wendy peeking her heard inside the door shyly said, "Goodnight Irene"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

++++++++

'You have a new comment' 
*RUNS WILD FEARING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK BUT STILL OBBSESIVELY CURIOS *
hi its me again. Whooh, thank you to those who took their time to comment on the first chapter. I swear if I felt lazy to write I'd just read some of your comments and get pumped up. Please excuse the many grammar mistakes, English is not my first language but I just had to try. Hope you guys enjoyed this!