Memories

Winning The Goddess

'hello?? hello?? miss son, are you still there?'


"Yes-- Uh.. Mr Han, I'll-- I'll call you back later" she said with her cheeks squished between Irene's hand.

She ended the call and looked at her girlfriend. Her face full of fear not really anticipating this wrath.


".. Wel-- Welcome home, baby" she tried lamely. Irene scowled at the new pet name.

 

 

 

Darn her. They never called each other that, and she was going to do this now??

 

 

 

 

"Don't you baby me. Explain." She said not breaking eye contact. Wendy gulped knowing how scary her girlfriend can be. Months living togather does that to you, Wendy knows her like the back of her hand.


".. Explain what?" she trailed off. Still couldn't understand the situation they were in right now.
Irene let out a huff dropping both her hand from the innocent cheeks.


"Don't play dumb, Wendy" she remarked puling out the necklace box out her tote bag, showing it to her, "What is this?"

 

 


Dammit Joy.

 

 


Wendy tried to give her her most charming smile before taking the box from her grasp, "Why, it's a gift for you, what else can it be?"


Irene gritted her teeth she growled,
"Son Wendy"


"What? Can't a girl treat her own girlfriend to something nice once in awhile?" she tried pleading to her looking straight into her eyes. 


Irene refused to budge still looking at her with anger dripping from her eyes. If looks could kill, Wendy is probably dead by now.


"What have you been doing behind my back, Wendy?" she demanded


Wendy let out a huge sigh, "Nothing! It's just a little side income I made for the time being-- it's nothing serious, i had to start now if I want to build a bigger company-"


"Would you please -" she raised her voice "stop it with the CEO thing"


She glared at her, "This needs to stop Wendy. You can't keep putting others before you, you-- you need to be selfish once in awhile-"


"No! Wait, baby don't you get it?" she cut her off holding her girlfriend's elbows, "This is me being selfish. For once I am doing something because I want to" Irene still with a frown on her, her eyebrows furrowed. Wendy ignored her and opened the necklace box, going behind her. She took out the diamond necklace and pulled her hair aside. "I've always hated when you would leave the house, when you would come back home all tired. When you would have to get out the bed before me. I knew I had to do something because now there's only one thing I need"


She started putting on the necklace on her. Her warm touch sending hot tingles to Irene but she ignored it. Because this is no laughing matter.


After she had clasped the necklace successfully she relaxed her arm around Irene's waist. Hugging her from behind. She inhaled her girlfriend's calming scent, rocking them both slowly, "I want you all to myself"


Irene's heart thumped at the statement and she felt her anger wavering. She put her own hands atop Wendy's, leaning back to her.


"I want to earn a lot of money so I can get you to stop working. I like it whenever I come home from class and you're on the mattress watching your movies. I want you to have all the jewelries in the world. I want you to be happy"


"But I am happy"


"Well I want you to be happier"


"You have no idea what you do to me, Irene. I want to give you the world"


Irene turned to face her. Wendy's arm still clasped around her waist. She raised her arms to relax on Wendy's shoulder, "I didn't do anything" she scoffed playing with the little strands of hair on Wendy's neck.


Wendy smiled and relaxed her forehead on her's, "Of course you do. You scare the nightmares away"


Irene sighed and moved her hand to caress her cheek, "But I don't like it when you overwork yourself"


"Well I'm not" she smiled moving her head to rest on Irene's shoulder. Inhaling the scent on her neck, "Your girlfriend is very smart so she has no problem catching up in class"


Irene sighed rolling her eyes, "When did you think of this?"


Wendy hummed enjoying the relaxing scent of her girlfriend, "The first time you left for work"


Irene pulled Wendy of off her looking at her with eyes widen, "4 months?? You've been keeping this from me for 4 months?!"


"Well I didn't know how to tell you about this! I don't know if you know this Irene, but you scare me- Ow - Ow - oww" she winced as Irene pinched her side.


"You don't keep things from me" she said gritting her teeth.


"Ok-- Ok-" she said pulling away grabbing a hand mirror on their dresser.


"We need to communicate, Wendy! A relationship won't work if-- Oh" she stopped as she saw her own reflection on the mirror. The necklace looks absolutely stunning. Her hands went to touch the diamond. She looked amazing with the diamond string resting on her collarbone.


Wendy laughed a little and used her free hand to rub the pinched area, "Right? Baby-- can we just drop this?" she pleaded dropping the mirror aside, "I got this all in control and I really can't bear to have you mad at me" she pouted opening her arms wide to invite Irene in for a hug.


The said girl just huffed. Crossing her arm in her chest not moving an inch.


Wendy stood there dumbly with her arms still wide. She pouted, ".. Please?"


Irene sighed and went to her arms.


".. Well you do have great taste.." she said slowly. Talking about the beautiful necklace.


"Right? I had to look for the ones that I thought would look good on you. I swear I had to stop myself from buying the entire store"


Irene pushed her on the chest rolling her eyes, "You dork"


Wendy smiled moving to the door to grab the grocery bag Irene dropped. She moved to arrange them in the kitchen


"Who was that on the phone before?"

 


Wendy stopped her movement turning to look at Irene nervously. She bit on her lips scared for her life, ".. Would you be mad if I told you we're moving out tomorrow?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Baby can you please move? I need to pack the sheets"


Irene stayed on her spot not moving an inch. Irene ignored Wendy's pulling. Even making herself heavier to make it impossible to pull it from under her. 

 

 


When Wendy started packing their things Irene refused to lift a finger. Throwing a tantrum at her. Wendy packed on her own. Trying countless of times to ease her anger but to only fail.


She sighed and kneeled in front of her, "Come on, aren't you excited to see our new house? To start our new chapter?"


"Our new chapter that you didn't even consult me with?"


Wendy pouted and moved closer to the girl. Poking her knee softly, "Come on.. The apartment has ceiling tall windows so we can look at the blue sky like you wanted. It has a huge kitchen we can cook togather in and not to mention it has a TV you can watch your movies in" she tried poking the girl again. But the girl just slapped the hand away, still angry.


She pouted and when an idea came, she smirked, "The front door has tighter security with its safety pin, making it impossible for Yerim, Joy and Seulgi to break in"

 


And that got Irene to look at her.

Tempted with the idea of locking out those annoying brats.

She rolled her eyes and moved slightly making Wendy able to pull the sheet out under her easily.
She grinned and kissed her cheek softly, "Thank you, baby"


Irene sighed closing her eyes before getting up following Wendy to help her pack, "You know I might forgive anything you say if you call me that"
Wendy turned and grinned, "Yeah? I'll keep that in mind then"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

====
After finish loading all their things in the moving truck they went back to the rooftop do a final check when Irene spoke, "You know I'm really gonna miss this place.."


"Really? I mean I for once, am tired of watering other people's plant so I'm not missing anything" she said bending down to pick some trash left behind. She went back up to see Irene standing at the door looking at the room sadly


She smiled and went behind her to hug her tightly, "But I'm going to miss the memories I made with you. But that's okay, we'll make new ones at our new place" she said standing beside Irene to look at the now empty room. "And I'm very excited for our new room. It's has a big bed and very spacious. Even thought we never really do anything-"

She stopped herself, her mind now understood what she just said.

 


Irene turned to look at her. The girl was already breaking a sweat. She smirked, "Are you suggesting something Wendy?"

 


"Yes-- No. I mean Yes-- No, I-- I do want-- Ugh.. " she groaned in her hand hiding her blushing face. Irene laughed and pulled the girl to face her. She pulled the hand away so she could look at her, "We don't have to rush. We have a long time ahead of us and I'm not going anywhere" she said slowly with a smile. Giggling as she went down to the truck leaving a blushing Wendy behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"Would you slap Joy for a million dollars?", Seulgi asked


"I would slap her for a cold cup of coffee and a half a cookie off the floor", Yerim answered. 

 


"Lame. I would slap her just for the fun of it"

 


"I feel very threatened right now"

 

 


The trio talked in a cafe waiting for Irene and Wendy's arrival. The couple had asked them to meet them at a cafe. Something about asking for a favor. The gang had ordered their own drinks and enjoyed themselves when Wendy entered the cafe.


"Come on, the moving truck is gonna take us there. You guys have to help us move in"


"Where's Irene? You're asking for our help and she's not even out here to pick us up?"


"She's waiting in the car. Something about you three only gives her headaches"


Joy look for Irene through the mirrored wall and saw her looking at them through the window. When they exchanged eye contact Joy raised her hand and flipped her off. Irene just rolled her eyes  pulling the windows back up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


"So you're telling me, you prefer to have this couch here but not here-- where the sun hits this matte finish couch perfectly?"


"Yerim, for the tenth times. Putting it here will make the room more spacious" Wendy glared at her.


"Fine--  Fine then, reject my genius intellect ideas when I'm the type of person that likes to think things through"

 


Wendy stared at her in disbelief

 


"I literally once saw you eat a marshmallow that was still on fire, but ok sure"

 


Joy came in and flopped herself down on the couch. Putting her legs on the coffee table playing on her phone. Yerim took a seat next to her turning on the new TV while Irene and Seulgi was working in the kitchen to heat up their delivered Chinese food that had gotten cold.

 

As Joy scrolled her phone and she saw an intresting article, she read the headline out loud, "What if our phobia are how we died in our last lives"

 


Seulgi, screaming from the kitchen, "I KNEW THIS MICROWAVE LOOKED FAMILIAR"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


After they completed moving in all the furniture and finished eating, the trio stood up ready to leave.
Joy smiling widely, "Don't be late to my birthday party or I'll kill all of you!"

 


She laughed

 


Wendy and the others exchanged glances, "You don't have to fake laugh, we know you mean it"

 


Joy's smile instantly disappearing, "good."

 


Yerim grabbed her purse, "Come on guys. I'm sure these horndogs are desperate for us to leave. I'm sure they can't wait to start christening the house"
When all the response they got was a silenced and awkwardly standing Irene and Wendy. She asked again, "You guys have had , right??"

 


"Yerim. Language," Joy said. She cleared and tried again, "You guys have ed, right??"

 


Irene stole a glance to Wendy when she looked at the others with a thin lips she smiled awkwardly when her phone rang. Excusing herself and left the room.

 


Seulgi scoffed, "Woah. She doesn't even get any action yet you got her this whipped" she looked to Irene, "Teach me your ways"

 


Joy laughed bitterly, "Well this is unexpected. When she had her first time with a hooker" she laughed with Yerim.

 


That suprised Irene and she looked at the other with eyes wide. "Wait, she's--?"

 


The three of them looked at Irene, "I've been taking it slow because I thought she was inexperienced!"
"Oh.. I thought you were taking it slow because of your age"

 

 


Irene glared at Seulgi. Reminding herself to kill the girl another time.


"I thought I was her first? She had others before me?" she frowned to the girls in front of her demanding an explanation.

 


Both Joy and Yerim exchanged an uneasy glance, "Yeah, she was. Shortly with her classmate. It didn't exactly end well"

 


Irene turned to look at Wendy still on her phone with her client. She turned back towards them asking them to tell her all about it.

 

 

 

 


Wendy could recall the scenes in her mind, like pictures falling out of place. Flashes of cruelty.
After the confession Wendy had continued seeing Rosé, of course, though far from as much as she'd like. Rosé really does drown herself in her work.
She relax with her in her bed, talk with her, make out
with her- well, often a little more than just make out with her..
Her heart beats faster when she’s around, and she’s quite happy to let Wendy stay with her in her dorm since your own is lonely because you weren't really close with your roommates yet. And so Wendy does, for a while. She sees her as often as possible, and Wendy relish in the moments when she could be with her. Although they are few.
Wendy remembers it clearly. It was one of those nights when she had a few hours free. She was drawing a bit of doodles and sketches- not exactly a masterpiece- and Rosé was reading some huge book about whatever she likes to read about. It was silent though, and in the hour that’d passed she had felt the tension work up even more than it had the last couple of times she'd spent with her like this. Until finally Wendy decided to speak up.
“Rosé I don’t understand, what’s been up with you? Back when you confessed, you were so kind, and we went out together and it was amazing and you seemed happy with me at first but now…”
She gulped to keep yourself composed. There was no need to cry over a little misunderstanding, surely.
“You’re acting so cold. Like you don’t even care about me at all. You never have time for me, and when I do get to be with you you’re so distant. And you know I’ve been okay with you being busy, but this… I don’t know what to do about this.”
It was a relief to finally say what’s been bothering her, because she really had been acting distant. The first week or so was great, but things got less and less as the high faded. And Wendy could never be ready for what was next.
“That’s not my fault. I didn’t ask you to want so much from me.”
She frowned at the words, and at the fact that her eyes were still in the book she’s been reading.
“I figured we could talk about this, talk things out..”
Wendy said with a quivering bit of hope in your voice
.
“Well what do you know, you’re just a friend .”
She was not even sarcastic, she said the words confirming what you were worried about. So- casually cruel, just in the name of being honest.
She's nothing to her. Just another friend. And just like that she snapped.
“Yes, Rosé. I AM just a friend . A friend with feelings and with weaknesses and needs. I thought you wanted this relationship! But you’re not even putting in any effort, you don’t seem to care at all!"

“Well then you should probably look for someone who’s actually up to your standards.”
The same emptiness in both her face and voice. She didn’t even bother to look up at Wendy when she said it.
She wish she could’ve stopped it, but she let out a whimper at whom she thought to be her lover’s words.
“I-I have to go.”
Wendy mumbled, taking her bag and jacket and
practically running out of the place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So she went out to a club to drink the sorrow away and a hooker liked what she saw and I guess she just wanted to get her mind of her. She came back to the dorm all drunk and depressed so we had to cover up for her from the teachers and that's when we started to got closer," Joy explained.

 


She grabbed her bag and checked her phone, " Well the taxi is here and if Wendy asked, I didn't say anything"

 


Joy said her goodbyes dragging the others with her.
Irene stayed there processing the new information. She turned at saw Wendy still on her phone.
She marched over,

 

 

"Hey, Wendy?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++

Oh my god is that? Is that incoming I'm smelling? With all due respect I was thinking I'd bring some lemon/ to the fic if all of you were okay with that? Of course there'll be warning so you can skip them if you're not comfortable. I had so much fun writing out this one so I truly hope you guys enjoyed this. Do leave some suggestion and I'll see what I can do it them! Again, hope to see you guys soon! Take care!