Damiani

Winning The Goddess

While Irene stirred a cup of hot chocolate, Wendy had retreated to the bathroom to get herself fixed. Both of them moving harmoniously when the door to the toilet opened, "Did you fix the problem with your roomate?" she asked as she hung the towel.

 

Irene turned and gave her the mug with a smile, "Probably. I'm officially homeless for now. So untill I find a new room I'll crash here if you don't mind"
Wendy stared at her with wide eyes. As she said that she just realised that in front of the door was 2 big luggage beside it. Wendy didn't notice her coming in with it.

 

Irene took a seat on the mattress patting next to her. Wendy took a seat shyly and stole a glance at her. Irene was quietly sipping from her own mug when Wendy spoke in a quiet voice, ".. I mean you can stay here.."


"Hm?"


Wendy gulped, "You don't have to look for a house.."


"My, my, Wendy. Are you asking me to move in with you? When we just started dating a few minutes ago?"


That got Wendy to blush furiously and hid behind her mug. Irene smiled seeing at the adorable reaction when Wendy said, "Is that what we are? Are we really dating? Are-- are we girlfriends?"


Irene smiled widely, "We can be anything you want. Girlfriends, lovers, partner in crime. Anything that you like"


And that got Wendy to sheepishly look at Irene behind the mug, ".. Even wives?"


Irene chuckled, "Maybe not that yet. I mean we just started. Who knows? You might even hate the way I pick on my food or sneeze"

 


"I'd never hate you"

 


Irene giggled and placed her mug beside her. She hugged her legs to her chest and leaned her head on her knees looking adoringly to Wendy, "Well arent you a flatterer"


"Of course, I did chase you for 2 years and promised to make you my wife one day" she said copying her position, both looking at each other with eyes full of love.


Irene hummed and looked up, tapping on her chin, 
"I don't know.. I'd have to ask my other 2 girlfriends-"
And that earned a small slap to her shoulder making the girl breaking out in a fit of giggles.
Irene turned behind and went to lay on the mattress, "Come to bed. Your wife is ordering you to."

 

 

 

 

 

Irene stirred in her sleep as she heard her phone alarm rang. She moved to shut it and opened her eyes slowly. She was greeted with a sleeping Wendy. She had her arm tightly crossed on Irene's waist. Sleeping soundly using on the girl's head.

 

Irene smiled contemply and shook the girl slowly, "Wendy. Don't you have an afternoon class today?" she said slowly. After weeks spending her days there she had memorised the girl's schedule.

 


Wendy grumbled and pulled the girl closer. Dragging Irene back to rest on the crook of her shoulder.
"Canceled. I checked" she mumbled voice full of sleep.

 


Irene giggled and pulled away from her. Even if all her body is desperate for her warmth and just wishes to lay with her, "Ok then, but I have to get to work"

 


That got Wendy to open her eyes in shock, "What? You still have to go?"

 


"Of course, silly. I still have to pay half the rent"

 


Wendy looked at her with desperation in her eyes. Irene smiled at her knowing what's exactly she was thinking, "I know I don't have to" she said hand going to pinch the girl's nose, "but I'm not a freeloader"

 

 


"I'll be home before you know it" she said wearing her right shoe while Wendy stand at the door with a pout not wanting her to leave. 

 


"Stop it you big baby" she went to carrass her cheek resting her forehead on hers. 

 


Then it hit her.

 

Wendy just realised how close they were standing. Like super close that she could feel the her body heat emitting from her. Like she could count her eyelashes.

 


And that perfume..

 


Wendy struggled to speak. Just standing there like an idiot. Irene's lips part, like she wanted to do something. Wendy finds herself staring at it again. Wendy ache to kiss her, she knows it must've been written all over her face.

 


When Wendy moves, angling her face to the side- both of the girl's heart was already pounding wild, even when all she does is press those lips to her cheek.

 


"Don't be home late"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Wendy was busy unlocking the door to her house. Her hands had plastic bags filled with groceries and snacks she knew Irene liked. She turned the door open to find Yerim was helping herself to the fridge with her munching on her breakfast bar.

 


"Did you break into my room"

 

"Sorry I didn't think"


"You didn't think what?"


"Nothing, I just didn't think"

 


She said sipping on her leftover gongcha she left to enjoy later on. When Wendy went to put the groceries on the kitchen table out came Seulgi from the toilet

 


"Oh! Wen, you're here!"


She glared at her, "Hi seul. Happy to see you in my home unannounced"


"I know! I'm happy to be here too! " she said with a grin taking a seat beside Yerim, "Joy's on the way. She just left to grab fried chickens"


"No need to rejoice, children for I, have arrive" Joy said as she raised two bags of Fried chicken


"Wow you're all just coming in as you please, aren't you"


Joy chuckled putting down the chicken for the other to enjoy, "Can you really blame me though? They were curious when I told them Irene asked me for the spare key to this house"

 


"Are you guys really dating?" asked Yerim with full. Munching on a drumstick.

 


Wendy rolled her eyes to her friends went she felt Joy pulling on her arm dragging her to sit next to her.

 


"Is it me then?? I got you two to date didn't I? I knew my helping cupid arrow did something! Shout out to my parents who made the perfect kid ever!"


"Congratulations to your brother"


Wendy ignored the two bickering reaching out to the middle of the table. Grabbing herself a drumstick.


"Well I think my key to this house deserves all the credit" Joy said shushing the other two


"Excuse me? I was the one threatening Wendy to ask her out"

 

 

 

 

 


Hours had went by and the gang had so much fun catching up that they didn't even realise that another person had joined them.


"Well if it isn't the goddess herself!" yelled Yerim taking notice of a dumb founded Irene standing at the door. All the other heads turned looking at her.
Wendy with a blush hastily got up and went to her. She took her tote bag from her and took her jacket off. Irene just let her as she look between three different interested eyes.

 


"So tell me," Joy said "Are you two really dating?"

 

Seulgi gasped, "Oh my god, Joy, you can't just ask people if they're dating"


Wendy groaned in her hand and stammered, "Oh my god guys, can-- can you just-- just leave her alone" she mumbled dumbly.


"Oh my god, look at her blushing!" Yerim said shaking Seulgi.


"Are you really dating this idiot Irene?" Joy asked and scoffed at her friend's reaction.


Wendy rolled her eyes and groaned in her hand while Irene stood there and looked at her girlfriend. She slowly put her hand on Wendy's jaw carassing her cheek, "Well, she's my idiot"

 

Howling erupted from the room with Yerim aggressively shook Seulgi. All mouths left agape. "Disgusting." Joy said, "Show me more"


Irene left with a proud smirk going straight to the bathroom to wash up. Leaving a frozen stunned blushing Wendy behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

==========================================

Irene had often tried preparing dinner for Wendy sometimes. Even though the visual would sometimes fail but Wendy never cared.

Today was the same as Irene was busy cracking open an egg to add to their ramen. Wendy smiled happily from the dining table looking at Irene's back with her apron. She was busy studying for her finals when her stomach grumbled making Irene giggled before standing up to the kitchen. When Irene was done she poured the food on a bowl and proceed to give it to her.


"What are you doing now?"


"Hm? Oh, This? I'm doing some revision for account. I need to prepare a financial statements and create a cash budget so the I can understand if the company is doing well or not, and if it needs some improvement -" she said then stopped herself, "I'm sorry, I'm rambling aren't I?" she laughed bitterly looking down.

 


"Why do you keep doing that?" Irene asked angrily her eyebrows furrowed. Wendy looked up not entirely sure what she meant, "Why do you keep talking and then stop and apologise? Why? You're not doing anything wrong?"

 

"No-- it's just.. I-- I talk a lot and sometimes it..." she said slowly, "stirs people away.."

 


Irene sighed and grabbed her hand, "Well, I like it when you talk. You don't have to say sorry when I enjoy everything you say"


"No.. I just-- a lot of people left me. So I thought-- that there was something wrong with me"

 


Oh no, Wendy

 


Irene sighed for the nth time gripping the hand tightly. Wendy had spent days looking back what she did wrong when she was a kid for her own mother to leave her behind.

She stopped and think why none of the couples ever wanted to give her a chance.

Why none of her friends there said that they would find a foster home togather.

Untill she even blamed herself. 

 


"Well stop that. I don't want to hear any more of that nonsense" she said cupping her face, "Even if you have hundreds thing to say, I'll hear thousands of them. You're a bright person with a lot of laughter. You're kind and full of innocence and always puts other person before you. But not anymore," she said tucking a loose hair behind her ear, "This time I'll give you a lot of love. Even if you chirps continously, I'll hear all of it" she said ending it with a short kiss on the forehead. 

 

Wendy smiled sadly and scoffed, "This is ridiculous. I was supposed to woo you, not the other way around"


Irene smiled and moved to sit in front of her ramen, "Who says we both can't woo each other?"

 


The girl smiled full of love. Looking at her palms, her cheeks warm when Irene had held them.


"Irene, should we move out?"


Irene hummed questionly slurping on her ramen
"The house is great and all.. But it's a bit cramped. And not to mention whenever Joy, Yerim and Seulgi would come over its like forcing a bunch of elephants in a small room"

 


Irene nodded and dabbed her chin with a tissue, "That true. But why so sudden?"


"Nothing. I was just wondering"


"I would love to. But after we've saved enough money" she said going back to her food

 

"Yeah?"


Irene hummed her answer


"Then.. Speaking out of context-- what.. What would be your ideal house?"


"Any house would be ideal if you were in it"


Wendy rolled her eyes and nudged the girl. But the blush on her cheek shows that she didn't really hate it, "Come on be serious"


Irene giggled, dropping her chopstick in the bowl humming while she thought of an answer, "I'd like a house that has a big window? Ones that go from the floor to the ceiling, you know the ones that all the rich houses has? So we can look at our sky as much as we want" she said remembering their past text conversations.

 


Wendy stared digesting the information making Irene scoof, "Come on, eat your noodles before they turn soggy"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

==========================================
'Are you free tonight?'

A text from Joy came to Irene's phone. She had just finished her shift and was ready to rest. She grabbed her phone and typed a reply, 


'It's 5pm, I've already showered and gotten into bed, if you wanted to make plans you should've asked three months in advance'

 

 

 

 


"This date is boring"


"This isn't a date. I told you I'm going to the grocery store"


"Then why did you invite me?"


"I LITTERALLY told you not to come, and you answered with 'I do whatever I want' before following me here"

 


Irene said as she pushed the cart with an unamused Joy trailing behind. Irene had decided to go to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients when an intruded guest came by.

 

 


As they both walked alongside each other in pure silence as Irene read from her to buy list and Joy picking up a random spice canister she said, "We both look good tonight"


"You know, if you had said 'you look amazing tonight', I would've complimented you right back"


Joy stood there in silence looking up from the spice bottle, "Yeah no, I couldn't take that risk"

 

 


"Why are you really here, Joy?" Irene asked carefully with a frown in her face as she waits for the cashier to scan all the items.


"Oh thank god, I was really hating this date"


Irene rolled her eyes controlling herself from not snapping at the word date again.


"The other day we went to pick this out for you but Wendy is to much of a wuss to give it to you. Said that you would get angry" she said searching for something in her bag. She took out a small paper bag and gave it to Irene.


"Come on, we're done here" she said grabbing the grocery bag, "you can open it in a cafe. I'm starving"

 

 


When they got to the cafe and Joy was already stuffing her face with a morning club sandwich, Irene grabbed the paper bag to see what was inside. As she took a closer look it was a Damiani paper bag and inside of it was a beautiful diamond necklace. Irene stared in awe before a frown came on her face, looking at Joy, 
"How did she afford this?"

 


"Chii widnt twell wu?" she asked in with a full mouth
Irene looked at her with a disgusted expression.


Joy took a gulp before continuing, "She didn't tell you?"


When she saw Irene's frown she took it as a yes "Ah, no wonder she was so afraid." she picked up a tissue and wiped ,


"Wendy started a small financial bussines online. She would do other people or company's financial asset since a lot of people hate doing it themselves. She said it was like small bussines helping other small business. But it's been paying well since the rumour of how accurate and fast she can complete it has been spreading, resulting in a huge number of clients coming her way"


Irene sat there her hand holding the necklace box and shakily asked, ".. Is that why she has been so busy these past weeks?"


Joy shrugged her answer and went back to her sandwich.


When Irene opened the door to their house she was greeted with Wendy standing talking with someone on the phone. She smiled at Irene happy to see her home.

 


Irene marched right over.

 


Wendy looked at her with eyes wide her phone still in her hand, talking to someone. Irene took Wendy's face in her hands. She brushed away the hair that got stuck to her cheek. She didn't care about the suprised face her girlfriend gave her, didn't care about the voice in the other line on her girlfriend's phone.


This time she didn't ask, this time she demanded. 


"Explain yourself."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Well hello there, another chapter has been plated please do feast on it. I tried to fluff it up as a lot of you has been mentioning for it. And I took one of you dude's suggestions. I hope I portrayed it like you wanted? And I hope you guys noticed the mean girl reference oh my god I am enjoying this way more than I hoped. Oh also side note, I took some inspiration from that one time Irene read the letter she wrote for Wendy! Props to those who noticed! Thank you so much for taking your time to read this fic! Hope to see you guys again!