After the Storm

Crossing the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany

 

 

The next morning. I don’t want us to feel awkward. I plan to just forget what happened. I went to Taeyeon’s room to tell her that we should just forget what she did and I’m not upset anymore. But I find her room empty.

 

 

Did she just leave without me again?

 

“Sweetheart what’s wrong?” My Mom asks when she saw me going down with heavy steps.

 

 

“I guess you are giving me a ride to school today Mom,” I told her.

 

 

“Oh sweetheart, I can’t I have a client in 30minutes. I’m sure your Dad won’t mind,” She was about to call my Dad when Yuri came in. “Oh’ Hi Yuri. What do we owe the pleasure?” My Mom greets her.

 

 

“”Hi Auntie,.Uhm..I don’t know, Tae said she wanted to get some conditioning in since the season starts soon. So, I am here to pick up Tiff.” She said.

 

 

“Problem solve sweetheart.” My Mom said as she taps Yuri’s shoulder. “That is sweet of you. Thank you Yuri.”

 

 

“No problem.” She responds smiling.

 

 

“Bye honey, have a good day.”

 

 

“Thanks, Mom, I will.” Hopefully.

 

 

 

I’m a little confused about what is happening but decided to just go with the flow. “Thanks for doing this Yuri. I had no clue.”

 

 

“Don’t worry.” She said as she took a glance at me and smile.

 

 

“I’m sorry, I should just learn to drive,” I told her.

 

 

“It’s no problem at all. It’s on my—

 

“You don’t need to lie to me Yul. I know where you live. And it’s not on your way.” I interrupt her.

 

 

“Well fine then. I don’t mind having some company. And if you ever want to learn to drive I am happy to teach you.”

 

 

“Thanks for the offer and for the ride Yul.” I said really glad to have a friend like Yuri.

 

 

“Anytime Tiff. Let’s walk to the first period together.” She said once we get in the school.

 

 

“Do we have to go?”

 

 

“I am not responsible for your ditching.” She teased.

 

 

I chuckle.

 

We were about to go to our class when we notice Taeyeon and Jessica on the corner.

 

“Well this is awkward,” Yuri says when we saw Taeyeon and Jessica talking in the hallway.

 

 

At least now they’re talking again. I thought.

 

You have no idea. “Let’s go before we are late,” I respond.

 

 

After class, I saw Taeyeon walking in the field. “Tae! I’ve been trying to text you. Hey, are you going to give me a ride today?”

 

 

“I’m sorry Tiff I can’t. I’m going to the gym.” She replied in a hurry.

 

 

“How am I supposed to..”

 

 

“I already called your Mom.” She responds a little nervously.

 

 

“Tae you can’t-

 

“I’m sorry I have to go. We will talk later.” She said as if she’s avoiding my gaze.

 

 

And later never came. I guess she spent the night at Jessica’s place. I know I shouldn’t care. I know it was a mistake. But this was her fault not mine and she is the one who is avoiding me.

 

And this continues all week. She would miss classes. Not come home. She and Jessica were off to god know where. So, it was just me and Yuri.

 

 

“Thanks for the ride home Yuri ah.”

 

 

“Really, it’s no problem.”

 

 

“You’re welcome to stay and hang out if you want. I’m sure Taeyeon isn’t here..So maybe you don’t want—

 

 

“I’d love to. Just not in your room.” She joked.

 

 

“Deal.” We laugh.

 

We talk and laugh at the kitchen. “Oh my god, Yul look at this. I got an invitation from one of my prospective universities. They’re inviting me for a sneak peek at their university. I get to stay there for a night in their dorm and attend classes.”

 

 

“You’re going to Soshi University next year, right? I get in as well.” She announces.

 

 

“Please..Your grades are better than mine. And your coordination is way better.” I told her excitedly.

 

 

“I don’t think that was a prerequisite.” She said with a playful smirk.

 

 

“Did you get this email?”

 

 

“I did.” She said and slowly coming closer to get a better view.

 

“Are you going to go?”

 

 

“I can’t. I have a family thing that weekend. Are you?” She asked.

 

 

“Well..I mean I want to.”

 

 

“Your Dad?” She cautiously asks.

 

 

“Yeah..”

 

 

“I thought you guys were cool.”

 

 

“We are. I just don’t know how he feels about me going that far away.”

 

“Well, it’s going to happen next year. Just ask him it can’t hurt.”

 

“You’re right. I’ll ask him next week.”

 

“Man I am so bummed it would have been so fun to go together.” She said sadly.

 

“I know. But I guess we will have four years there together.” I cheer her up.

 

“Yeah, you will be sick of me after years for sure.”

 

“Sick of you? Never.”

 

 

After Yuri left I began to formulate a plan to ask my Mom first and when she agrees, ask her help to talk to my Dad.

 

 

“Hey, Mom. How was your day?”

 

“It was good sweetheart. What about you?”

 

“It was good. I kind of have a super big favor. It’s something I really want to do and I know Dad will say no. But it’s really important to me.”

 

“Just tell me Tiff.”

 

“Soshi University is having a thing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter