Honest Feelings

Crossing the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taeyeon

 

I found her at the fireplace “Hey Mushroom,” I started. “Can I sit with you?”

 

She looks at me with those sad eyes again and nods. “You haven’t called me that in a long time.”

 

“Oh yeah sorry..I think the last time I called you that you threatened me to throw my game console.”

 

 

Flashback

 

“Stop running from me Mushroom..”

 

 

“Why do you call me that Taeyeon?”

 

 

“Because you mistook the meaning of your name for mushroom instead of jewel.”

 

“I didn’t call you Tae-Tae even when you mispronounce your name at the age of 4.”

 

“Maybe you should mushroom.”

 

“Call me that one more time and see what happens.”

 

 

“Call you what mushroom?”

 

 

“Taeyeon!!!”

 

 

End of Flashback

 

 

“I miss it.” She mumbles.

 

“Me too.”

 

 

“Anyways..Thanks for standing up for me.” She said as she looks at me with those eyes that never fail to capture me.

 

 

“You have just been so sad since the whole Halloween thing..I  know he loves you but he is so harsh sometimes.” I respond referring to her dad.

 

 

“I couldn’t agree more. It’s just how he is.” She said.

 

 

“I just don’t get why he is so stubborn.”

 

 

She chuckles. “It runs in my family I guess.”

 

 

“I guess you are right. But, I just want him to listen for once Tiff.”

 

“It will be okay.” She said finally with a little smile. “Anyways can we change the subject?”

 

“Sure,” I respond.

 

“How are you and Jessica? You seemed to be having a lot of intense convos lately.” She asked.

 

“Yeah..Uhm..about that..I-I’ve been thinking about going to college actually.”

 

“What?” She said looking so surprised.

 

“I don’t think I was good enough but I guess some scouts have been interested. That’s what I told her at the Halloween party and things really haven’t been the same since.” I told her.

 

She looks a little hurt.

 

“How did you keep this from me?”

 

I rub the back of my neck thinking how to tell it to her that I didn’t want her to worry about me since she has a lot on her plate. “I didn’t think anything would come of it.” I said.

 

 

She looks a little disappointed. “Taeyeon this is huge.”

 

 

That’s exactly what Jessica told me as well. Jessica thought that I’m slowly running away from her when I told her my plan of taking college in a different place. But I didn’t want to jinx my plan as I’m not sure if there will be some school that will be interested in taking a basketball varsity. “That’s what she said as well.”

 

 

Tiffany rolls her eyes. “I wish you didn’t doubt yourself so much.” She finally said with a sigh. “I wish you saw how amazing you are. One day you’re going to make some school very happy.”

 

 

“Are you quoting me to me?” I smile at her compliment.

 

“You remember saying that?” She smirked.

 

 

I playfully knocked her head. “Of course I remember Tiff. And I meant every word.”

 

 

She smiled. “And so do I.”

 

 

“Do you think you could help me with my applications?” I asked.

 

 

“Are you kidding me? I thought you’d never ask.”

 

 

“Well then let’s get to work. I’ll meet you in your room in 5mins.” I told her.

 

 She nod. “I need to put my Christmas jammies first.”

 

 

“You never cease to amaze me.”

 

 

“What these old things? Tell me your gonna change too..” She plea.

 

 

I took a sigh and nod my head. “Anything to make you smile.”

 

 

I went to her room and we both settle on her bed wearing our printed Pj's.

 

 

“Alright show me what you got.” She said as I gave her my laptop and show her the schools that I’m interested to join in.

 

 

“These are really great schools Tae. I also didn’t know you got straight A’s.” She said.

 

 

“Yeah school is easy for me.” I boast.

 

 

Tiffany roll eyes. “No need to brag.”

 

“What’ you are a hundred times smarter than me,” I told her.

 

 

“Because I try hard.” She respond with a sigh. “Have you told your Mom?”

 

 

“Not yet, because my dream school is in California and I know she will flip.”

 

 

“You should really tell them.”

 

 

“I don’t need another woman in my life being mad at me.”

 

 

“So, you’re leaving me behind.” She ask with a hint of sadness in her voice.

 

 

“I will never leave you behind. You should apply here too.” I told her hoping she would.

 

 

“My Dad is freaking out about me wanting to go a few hours away..California?..He’d flip.”

 

 

“True. Well then you will have to visit a lot.” I told her hoping she will.

 

 

She smile and pat my head. “I guess I will.”

 

 

“What is going on here?” Her Dad ask when he enters the room.

 

 

“I’m helping Taeyeon with some school stuff,” Tiffany responds a little surprised. “That is all.”

 

 

He looks back and forth to Tiffany and me. “Very well. Don’t stay up too late.” He finally said and leave.

 

 

“What was that?” Tiffany asked confuse.

 

 

“I think that is his way of saying sorry?” I told her thinking that his Dad finally allow me again to go to Tiffany’s room without getting angry.

 

 

“Maybe.. Holy Tae. When did you have time to be president of the chess club?” She asked surprised.

 

 

And we both laugh at her reaction.

 

 

 

Outside’s Tiffany’s room..

 

“It’s good to hear her laugh isn’t it?” Charlotte said to her husband.

 

“Yeah..” Stephen respond still looking at the close door. “I just wanted to protect her…But, I also want her to be happy.”

 

 

“It’s not easy watching your baby grow up Stephen but she is a good kid,” Charlotte said as she hold her husband’s hand.

 

 

“I know she is.” He said as she squeeze her wife’s hand. “What do I do Charlotte?”

 

 

“I think she needs her Dad more than ever. You know what to do.” She said as she kisses his husband.

 

 

Tiffany

 

I didn’t know that Taeyeon and I fell asleep together on my bed. I was slowly getting up not wanting to wake her up when my Dad came in my room.

 

 

“Tiff, sweetheart.” He called.

 

 

“Hey Dad, sorry. Tae and I fell asleep while working.” I told him.

 

 

“Shh..I know. Let’s go for a walk.” He suggests.

 

 

“Sure let me just grab a coat.”

 

 

We walk outside and good thing I brought my coat as there is no way I could stand the cold outside.

 

 

“I’m sorry Tiff, I feel like I failed you as a father. I thought I was protecting you when I was only hurting you.” My Dad suddenly says.

 

 

I look at him and I could see that he regrets how he treat me these past few weeks and it made me cry. “It’s okay Dad, It’s my fault.”

 

 

“No baby, Taeyeon was right you haven’t been happy. It kills me to know how sad you’ve been. It kills me that home and school is no longer feels like safe spaces. It kills me you are crying right now.” He said as he hugs me and pat my back. “It’s all my fault, sorry Tiffany.”

 

 

“It’s okay Dad.”

 

 

“I just want to let you know things are going to change. Okay? I’m not going to be perfect, either will you but let’s try to figure this out together..okay?”

 

 

“That’s all I want Dad.”

 

 

“Can you forgive me?” He asks.

 

“Can you forgive me?” I answered.

 

 

“My love for you is unconditional Tiff. Always has been, always will be.” He said as he gave me that warm smile again. A smile that I miss seeing from him. “I love you baby.”

 

 

“I love you too Dad.”

 

 

 

We went back inside and found Taeyeon in the kitchen with my Mom.

 

 

“Lady’s, I need a moment with Taeyeon.” He said.

 

 

“Dad, be nice okay?” I warn him.

 

 

“Of course just for you, I will be nice.” He joke.

 

 

Taeyeon look contended to see and my Dad starting to joke again. “Let me just grab a jacket Samchon.” She said as she and my Dad went outside.

 

 

“Sweetheart, it is my turn to talk with you.” My Mom said.

 

 

“What’s up Mom?”

 

 

“Let’s go to your room.” She said.

 

 

“I need you to be honest. No judgment, just love Tiff. Is what Taeyeon said true?” She asked. I heard what Taeyeon told them during dinner about me having a panic attack at school and not being enjoying anymore.

 

“Maybe a little..I meant it started when I thought I wouldn’t get into college. And I feel like you and Dad hate me..I couldn’t take back what happened. I just felt like the world was against me.” I told her with all honesty.

 

 

“We would never hate you Tiff. We are always on your team. Yeah, I think we were disappointed about what happened but we couldn’t be more proud of the person you turned out to be. My love for you will never waiver. You are our baby, you are our pride and joy. I couldn’t have asked for a more amazing daughter. If you need help we could find you a counselor. I am always here to talk and hear you out.” My Mom said.

 

 

“I’ll think about it. I am just glad we are all talking again though Mom. It makes me really happy.” I told her and hug her with all I have.

 

 

“I love you, sweetheart.”

 

 

“Love you too mom.”

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon

 

 

“Hey Samchon, I’m sorry for last night.” I said. I know what I did is a little disrespectful but I thought I really have to stand up for Tiffany.

 

 

“No Taeyeon I should be apologizing. I’m sorry I have been so stubborn. I think you understood what my daughter needed more than I did. I messed up. Hearing your baby is struggling isn’t easy. Look Taeyeon, I love you like you are my own daughter. I mean you are a pain in the most days but I love you. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter