P. A. R. T. Y (Party Time)

Crossing the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany

 

“Thanks for the lunch, Dad.”

 

 

“Anytime love. You know I love my lunches with you.”

 

 

“You’re the best cook.”

 

 

“It’s a sandwich princess.” He raised his eyebrow.

 

 

“The best sandwich.” I grin.

 

 

“What do you want?” He asked smirking.

 

 

“Just spending time with my Dad. Eating the best sandwich ever.” I replied trying to hide the grin in my face.

 

 

“Get on with it. You learn this from your mother.” He accused.

 

I laugh. “So there is this Halloween dance thingy--”

 

 

I didn't even finish my statement when he cuts me off. “No way.”

 

 

“Are you serious? It’s a school dance.” I try to argue.

 

 

“Hey who died?” Taeyeon interrupt and took a bite of the sandwich when she approaches my side.

 

 

“Hey’ that’s mine,” I said as I took the sandwich back from her.

 

 

“Just one bite Tiff, I’m starving.” She responds and took the sandwich away from my hand again.

 

 

“Taeyeon.” My Dad called her.

 

 

“What’s up Uncle?” She responds with half full.

 

 

“Will there be drinking at the Halloween party?” He asked.

 

 

Taeyeon took a while before she answered. “I mean it’s a dance…does the bear poo in the woods?” She asks.

 

 

My Dad looks at me and shrugs his shoulder.“Closed case Princess. Not allowed.”

 

 

“Shoot..sorry Tiff. I didn’t think..” Taeyeon said as soon as she realized what she did.

 

 

I gave Taeyeon a sharp stare. “How can you do this Dad? You can’t leave me locked in the house forever.” I try to argue.

 

 

 

“Until you go to college my house my rules.” He said in finality.

 

 

“This is so unfair. You were looking for reasons for me not to go to the dance.” I protest.

 

 

“I don’t need to look for reasons young lady." He responds.

 

 

“Samchon, I will make sure she doesn’t drink.” Taeyeon suggests trying to convince my Dad.

 

 

“Dad you know I won’t drink. I can be home early.” I added.

 

 

“You are not going Tiffany and that is final,” He said firmly. "And leave out of this Taeyeon.”

 

“But Samchon—

 

“I said enough. That's my final decision." He said with conviction.

 

 

I could see the disappointment and sympathy in Taeyeon's eyes. “Fine. Sorry Tiff,” she said before she goes.

 

 

I clench my fist and feel very disappointed towards my father for not trusting me enough.

 

“I love you, sweetheart. It’s just not safe?” He said finally in a soft voice.

 

 

“Not safe? The world is not safe I get it? I hate you Dad.” I shout at him and run to my room.

 

The next day, I avoided everyone at the house. Taeyeon must have felt that I didn't want to talk to anyone so she also gives me some space. I went to the class like everything is fine.

 

“Hey, do you want to study today?” Yuri asks cautiously. “I have practice until four but can study after.”

 

 

“Yeah, that sounds good. Uhm..do you think we can study at yours or something?” I suggest.

 

 

“No problem.” She said satisfied.

 

 

Taeyeon

 

“Tae, Tiff is weird today,” Yuri commented.

 

 

“Oh.. yeah, she and her Dad got into a huge fight. She was pissed, he said she couldn’t come to the dance. To be fair, it was kind of my fault.” I respond still feeling guilty about what happened.

 

 

“What did you do?” She asked.

 

 

Sigh. “He asked me if there would be drinking. I was truthful. So,--”

 

 

“Your dumb.” She commented.

 

 

“I know. But, then she told him she hated him and I’m kind of proud of her for sticking up to him.” I said with a smirk on my face remembering how cool Tiffany was that moment.

 

 

“Yeah, but now she can’t go to the dance,” Yuri commented.

 

 

 

I feel annoyed. “It’s not like he was going to let her go anyways.” I defend.

 

 

Yuri though for a while. “I guess now she is on a mission to avoid her house."

 

"What do you mean?" I ask.

 

I could notice the smile in Yuri's face. "Well, she is going to study at mine after school.”

 

 

"Ohh..I see," I respond. “You two nerds have fun,” I said.

 

 

Yuri intentionally throws the ball at me. "Jerk."

 

Yes, I'm that jerk who got this feeling of jealousy over her friends. God, what is wrong with me.

 

 

YULTI AT HOME

 

Tiffany

 

“This is so hard,” Yuri commented.

 

 

“Yuri you are one of the smartest people I know,” I replied.

 

 

She fixes her hair and stands up. “Let’s just play some games or something.” She suggests.

 

 

I sigh. “If you wanted to play video games we could have come to mine,” I respond.

 

 

She shivers. “I don’t think I can ever come to yours again.” She joked.

 

I laugh at her comment. My Dad probably scares the hell out of her. I was about to go back on reading when Yuri's Mom came in.

 

 

“Hey love bug.” She greeted.

 

 

“Mommmm..” Yuri greets her with a hug.

 

 

Her Mom chuckles. “Hi, I’m Yuri’s Mum.”

 

 

“Hi, nice to meet you Mrs Kwon. I’m Yuri’s friend Tiffany.” I greeted her.

 

 

“Please call me Ana or Imo.” She smiles and gave me a quick hug.

 

 

“Tiffany leaves with Taeyeon. She is helping me study AP Bio.” Yuri explained.

 

 

“That’s so sweet of you,” Ana said with a smile on her face. I could see where Yuri gets her shining smile.

 

 

“Would you like to stay for dinner?” Ana asks.

 

 

“It’s okay, I don’t want to intrude to family time,” I replied shyly.

 

 

“Please, stay. It’s nice to meet one of Yuri’s friends.” She responds.

 

 

“Please stay.” Yuri pled.

 

 

“Okay, I would love too then,” I replied.

 

 

She claps her hands and smiled at us. “I’ll let you guys get back to studying.”

 

 

 

“She seems nice,” I commented to Yuri.

 

 

“My Mum is the best,” Yuri replied grinning.

 

 

Yuri and I went back sitting on the sofa.

 

“I heard your Dad said you couldn't go to the  party.” She asks cautiously.

 

“Did Taeyeon told you what happen?” I ask.

 

 

“Yeah, kind of.”

 

 

Sigh. “It’s okay. I’ll take Seohyun out and she’ll really like it.” I commented.

 

 

 

“You deserved to have fun too.”

 

 

I know. And I wish I could. “I know my Dad is just a little overprotective,” I told her.

 

 

 

“A little?”

 

 

 

Sigh. “Well, that's how it is," I shrug.

 

 

She smiled at me. “But I’ll make sure studying will be extra fun to make up for it.”

 

She teased. I laugh. She's so funny.

 

 

 

Taeyeon

 

I texted Jessie to come over. I feel guilty that I've been having this weird feeling inside of me. I need to focus on Jessica. I was about to call her when I heard the doorbell.

 

 

“Hey cutie," Jessica greeted. “Sorry, I am late, I have to help my mum with something.” 

 

 

"Hey Jess," I greeted her with a kiss on her cheek. “Is everything okay?” I ask.

 

 

“Oh yeah, she’s been applying for some jobs so I told her I would help look over everything.” She said with a small smile.

 

 

“That’s a good thing then.”

 

 

“Totally.” She said excitedly.

 

 

“Well I think we have the house for ourselves,” I said grinning.

 

 

“Oh really?” She responds with a smirk on her face. “Where is everyone?” She asks as she started to push me at the sofa and sit on my lap.

 

 

“They are all at Samchon's office helping him out with an event tonight. Since Tiff is studying with Yuri, they also took Seohyun.” I said as we settle at sofa in the living room.

 

 

“Oh. She’s studying with Yuri?” She said with a playful smile on her face.

 

 

I feel a little uncomfortable with the way she asks her question. "Why do you say it like that?” I ask.

 

 

“I don’t know they just seem to be hanging out a lot these days.” She said smiling.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter