V: confusio

white rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little bit trigger warning: mentions of violence, and blood!


 



 

She spotted Yujin at the farthest part, where no one could see them. The guard is sitting down on the wooden boxes while she hangs her head low. She slowly walked down and heard a chuckle.


 

“Thought you wouldn't come at all.” Yujin said and looked up, smiling very brightly making Minjoo bite her lower lip, walking closer to her. “I thought you might choose him over me.” She whispered and shifted on her seat, giving Minjoo a space to sit on.


 

“Nonsense. I will choose you over everything.” The princess said as she readied the medical bag she's holding, ignoring the teasing smile that Yujin is giving her. “Oooh~ Princess, don't be such a sweet talker, I'm falling deeper and deeper.” She said, her voice trailing when she reached the middle part until the end.


 

Minjoo gulped and tightened her hold on the bandages and herbs. “That's what I am doing. Just only fall for me, no one else.” She thought and almost slapped herself for being selfish. And, that thought was very scary!


 

She ignored it and focused on treating Yujin's cut, she gently caressed the fine one and started to apply the herbs on Yujin's cheek after she wiped the drying blood away. “You didn't really have to hurt yourself to teach Hyunjin a lesson.” She whispered and almost punched the guard when she laughed. “Oh Princess! So worried for me. It's okay, Hyewon-unnie probably told you already. Seriously, this cut is nothing but a scratch to me.” Yujin said seriously while holding Minjoo's hand, and staring down right into her eyes.


 

Minjoo sighed and just nodded. “Just…. Don't let yourself get hurt again.” She shyly said and Yujin nodded sheepishly. “As you wish, princess.” She chuckled.


 

Silence engulfed them as Minjop busied herself on putting some herbs and other stuff on Yujin's injuries while the guard pouted as she stared down at her, tracing the princess' godly features, like she always does whenever they are close like this. Her gaze then dropped down to those lips she's been craving to kiss. The lips that can make her go crazy and fuzzy.


 

She unconsciously leaned in and stole a peck, and the princess instantly flinched but she didn't scoot away.


 

“Y-Yujin…” She gasped out when the guard leaned in again, cupping the back of her head to pull her closer as she crashed their lips together.


 

Minjoo once again, let Yujin kiss her. She's melting on Yujin's hold.



 

The warrior nibbled on her lower lip, then it gently, earning a soft mewl from the princess which encouraged her to kiss her more to the point she slowly pushed Minjoo on the pile of hay, laying her down as she kissed the princess passionately and hovered on top of her. When she pulled away for air, she s her face down, giving Minjoo's throat soft feathery kisses and settling on the crook of the princess' neck, purring contently like a wolf who's satisfied resting on its home.


 

Minjoo is Yujin's home, her safe haven.


 

“Yujin, the laborers might see us here.” Minjoo nervously spews out, biting down her lower lip, terrified of being caught like this, being intimate with her guard. Yujin laughed gently, and Minjoo shivered when she felt Yujin's parted lips on her neck. “It's okay. I told Yena to shoo the workers away from here and now, she’s guarding the front of the stables.”


 

“And what did you guys bribe!?” The princess exclaimed. “You don't need to know, princess~” Yujin hummed before looking up, staring down lovingly with the princess. Her eyes glowing solemnly out of a sudden. “Why are you fine with this? Aren't you afraid?” She whispered her thought making Minjoo gulp, she didn't answer. She knew that she's referring to kissing with her.


 

“I would gladly stop if you ever said stop, but you didn't, you won't say anything about this and just kept letting me do this to you. Why?” Yujin said, her voice is shaking while her jaw slackens. She wanted to know why, so badly but Minjoo herself doesn't know the answer to her question. The princess just gulped and stared at her, her breathing was starting to get rigged and her poor heart kept beating so fast.


 

“I do not want to assume, princess, I do not want to hope so let's clear this thing out. Princess, do you love me too? Not as your guard or friend, but as Ahn Yujin.” She whispered shakily, desperation lacing around her tone— her eyes stayed still on her.


 

Minjoo's throat dried up. “I…” She muttered and clenched her fist. “I dont know…” She answered and averted her gaze.


 

She heard Yujin's sigh, and slowly, she felt the guard going away from her, sitting back on the hay as she stared outside. Minjoo bit her lower lip and silently sat there, fiddling on the bloody cloth. Yujin is definitely disappointed at her answer.


 

“It's okay. We should go now, thanks for treating my wounds~” The warrior smiled a little then stood up, lending her hand. Obviously, Yujin was just faking that sweet voice, Minjoo knew better. The younger is definitely grim but in order not to worry the princess and embarrass herself, she setted up a facade— but the princess commented silence to it.


 

That smile, it was so sad. Minjoo gritted her teeth, trying herself not to do or say something she might regret, or give Yujin false hope but in the end, she wanted that sad look from Yujin's face to be wiped out. She also wanted to be honest even if she's dead scared of what may happen in the future.


 

She held Yujin's hand and stood up, pulling her closer before the taller one could even drag her to the exit and crashed their lips together.



 

Yujin's eyes widened in shock, her pupils were shaking. It shocked her so greatly that Minjoo was the one who initiated the kiss. She doesn't know the exact reason why but the sadness on her heart vanished. Everything feels right, so wonderful, so perfect and lively.


 

The princess even wrapped her arms around her neck, pulling her closer as she kissed her so passionately that the warrior can feel her legs buckling, it's shaking badly because of the intense kisses Minjoo is giving her. Yujin started to kiss back and s her arms around her waist and back, making their bodies flushed together.


 

Kissing Minjoo is absolutely magical, it's like Yujin was being sent into the clouds and floating there. She feels so light-headed and drunk to her kisses, she could always do this to her everyday. She knows it's so wrong because firstly, she doesn't even know if she has feelings for her but whatever, Yujin will just enjoy it and shrug the thoughts away, and just focus on Minjoo's lips.


 

The princess pulled away, breathing heavily as she stared deeply at Yujin's hazelnut orbs. She slowly caressed her cheeks then smiled.


 

“Truthfully, I'm confused about my exact feelings, Yujin. That's why I'm quite unsure, and did not answer you. I don't really know why,” She said in a whisper, and Yujin stared at her, quietly listening. “I know it's very wrong, It's like I'm leading you on, taking advantage of your feelings for me. It's not my intention to hurt and let you assume because of my actions that probably led you to think.” She added. Yujin softly stared at her then gave her a smile. “Let me help you find the answer then,” She replied with a sincere smile.


 

The guard then leaned a bit, her eyes sparkling. “Tell me, princess. What do you feel whenever I'm around you? Describe it in one word and be honest.” She mumbled.


 

Minjoo's breath hitched. That would be a long list but Minjoo needed to think of it deeply. She needed a word that would summarize her feelings— wait, what exactly does she feel?



 

“Safe,” Yujin smiled at her answer.


 

“I feel safe whenever you're around, it's like, I couldn't feel any safer whenever i'm with some person that isn't you. And it's not only safe, allow me to give other words to properly express what I feel whenever you're around.”


 

“Magical,”


 

“Whenever you're around everything is so magical. Your touch is also magical, whenever you hold me, it feels like I'm in rainbows.”


 

“Safehaven,”


 

“You're my safe haven, Yujin, and the only one. You're the first person I will find whenever I'm in danger or distress, and could make me feel like there's no threats lurking around me.”


 

“Butterflies,”


 

“I always feel butterflies whenever you're around or doing something. Whenever you stare at me, I feel butterflies. Whenever you smile, I feel butterflies. Whenever you kiss me, I feel thousands of butterflies happily dancing on my stomach.”


 

“And not only that, there's still a long list, Yujin… My heart always races faster when I see you or you're being near to me. My heart flips in happiness when I see you happy. My heart is in despair when I didn't get to see you for a day. My heart feels like it's being pierced by a spear whenever you're hurt or exhausted. Just, everything. Your whole existence makes my heart burst in rainbows, making me feel foreign yet flowery things. And you know what? Whenever I see you with other people and being too friendly, it irks me! I don't know why! It's annoying whenever your gaze isn't on me. It makes me mad when your attention is with other people! Heck, even Wonyoung, I can't help but to be annoyed when you're being too playful with her while I stay in the corner and watch you guys being mushy!”


 

Minjoo took a deep breath and averted her gaze with a blush, she blabbered more than she should and now even the hidden feelings have been exposed!


 

“I don't know anymore… I'm confused, I feel like I'm trapped in a cage named Ahn Yujin, and I can't seem to get out.”



 

Upon hearing every outburst, Yujin can't help but to grin widely and chuckle in amusement. “Now, I have an idea,” She whispered, making Minjoo look at her with curious eyes. Minjoo is too innocent for this kind of thing.


 

“But, like I said, I won't assume. The feeling is mutual, princess, but I need to be sure. You should sort it out and when you're ready, face me. I understand if you can't, this thing is scary. This type of love is so forbidden, and no one can accept this blasphemy. You're a princess that is soon to be married and I'm just a maiden warrior and your protector, it's natural to be terrified of what this is, the society of this time will never approve of this such sin. But I'm willing to risk my all for this. I want them to know how much I love you and be proud, but I can't, and it's for the better, I can’t risk your safety and comfort..” Yujin softly said to her and made sure that she's staring deeply into Minjoo's eyes.


 

“After this, if the answer isn't really the one on my mind then, don't force yourself.” She whispered. “Don't force yourself to love me because you pity me, because you're hurting me and it feels like it's your obligation to love me back. I want you to love me because what you're feeling to me is indeed sincere, because you indeed fell in love with me.” She added with a weak smile.


 

The princess kept mum and stared at Yujin, she could feel the warrior holding her hand before dragging it onto her lips then gently kissed it. The action made her heart warm again.


 

“I love you, princess. Please, sort out your feelings as I already helped you answer that question. I will wait, and I will respect everything you would say.” Yujin said before snuggling her face on Minjoo's hand.


 

Minjoo slowly smiled, deep inside her, she knew.



 

The feelings are sincere.



 

But she's too afraid to say those words to Yujin.


 

She’s in denial but after what happened, she finally learned to accept. She's just too scared of the outcome.


 

Terrified. She's so terrified of everything that might happen to her and Yujin.






 

It's been three days since that happened and Hyunjin stayed and rested in the Beairterre's royal palace instead, so he can see the princess everyday, he said. Even with the huge bandage on his head, he still managed to annoy the princess everytime and was still persistent as ever. He also would glare at Yujin for no exact reason but the guard didn't mind him and gave her a bored look instead.



 

The sun had already set down and that painful and irritating dinner with Hyunjin finally ended, which means she can finally go to her chamber and rest without the prince bothering her.


 

Minjoo already dressed up into her nightgown and went to her study, then picked a book before starting to read it. The room is quiet because Yujin is not around. Seems like the warrior was sent into a quick errand by her Father outside the Kingdom's premises.


 

After an hour, drowsiness started to devour her and finally decided to sleep. She tucked herself into her bedsheet and stared at the white wide ceiling above her, and her mind started running.


 

What happened three days ago still won't leave her mind, and it's haunting her every night.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter