prologue: the first meeting

white rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Minjoo, my dear,”

 

 

Twelve year old Minjoo's ears perked up at the familiar voice of her mother from behind. She immediately closed the book that she was reading and faced the Queen with a gentle smile on her lips, her back straightened in an instant. “Yes, Mother?” She asked, curious why the woman personally seeks for her and even made an effort to go to her chamber, not just asking a servant to call out for her and ask her to go to the library instead.

 

 

The Queen smiled back at her daughter, taking a few steps. “I want you to meet someone, lovely,” She said, turning to the servant who's near the door and did a gesture— the servant nodded and opened the door for the awaiting visitors outside.

 

 

Minjoo was puzzled, but she just nodded quietly and watched her mother turn to her. “Remember General Ahn's daughter that I've been telling you whenever we're drinking tea?” She asked gently and the princess nodded slowly. Yes, she indeed remembers. The queen did mention the General's daughter a few times to her, complementing how good her fighting skills are and very intelligent, such a handsome beauty too. It's a big deal because she's a girl and still very young yet she's already following the footsteps of her father and also excels in those kinds of fields. It's rare to see such a maiden—or just, girl— that knows how to hold and use a sword.

 

 

“Of course, mother, I do.” She whispered, blinking in confusion. “And what's with it?” Added by the princess making the Queen smile.

 

 

Exactly after that, two persons entered her chamber. Minjoo averted her gaze on her mother and stared at the newcomers. She sees the familiar smile of the Legendary Warrior and Great General of the Beairterre, Ahn Seungjin, but Minjoo is unfamiliar with the young girl who's quietly following him behind.

 

 

“Good day, your Majesty! And Princess Minjoo, it's been a while since we've last seen each other, yes?” The General exclaimed, chuckling as his heavy footsteps got nearer, chains dangling on his silver, shining armour. He didn’t forget to bow to the both noble as a sign of respect, the kid behind him mirroring his gesture.

 

 

Minjoo grinned. It's no secret that the general and the princess have a good friendship and are close to one another. As a matter of fact, Minjoo even sees Seungjin as her second Father. Seungjin always protects her and he's a wise and funny man, that's why Minjoo likes him.

 

 

“Indeed, General. I heard from one of the servants of ours that you're training the new recruits. Good luck to them, hopefully, they won't witness your wolf side!” The princess said, smiling brightly and watched the General barks out a laugh as he walked closer to them. “Haha! Yes! Don't worry, I'm going easy with them. But I do destroy their armour whenever I go furious. They are quite handy.” He shook his head to express his stress and disappointment that he felt towards the care-free aspiring warriors.

 

 

“By the way, this is the reason why I was called by the Queen,” Seungjin shifted into a serious and fatherly demeanor. He turned back and gestured to the quiet girl to take a few steps forward which the girl complied. The general t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter