IV: feohtan

white rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They went home when it was already past midnight. The ride home with Pearl was a little bit awkward, well for Minjoo at least. She was so awkward around Yujin, and it didn't help that Yujin was just literally behind her on the ride, back hugging her because she needed to hold the strap while she was in front of her.


 

And as expected, the royal guards, guests, especially the Queen and King were panicking, searching for the princess around the palace premises and even outside. Yujin sighed, she knew she'll be punished for escaping the princess away from the palace but it's worth it, she got to spend time with her, confessed, and even shared a kiss with her. The guard blushed when she remembered what happened earlier.


 

“OVER THERE!” A palace guard shouted while pointing at their nearing figure at the gates. The people who’re crowding over the gate gasped when they saw Minjoo and Yujin, riding a white horse.


 

“MINJOO!” Chaewon shouted first as she was the only family member with Yongbok who are waiting at the gate.


 

Pearl slowly came into a halt when Yujin gripped and moved the strap. When the horse stopped, almost everyone ran to them with a relieved expression on their faces.


 

Yujin unmounted from the horse first before helping Minjoo to go down. The princess just kept mum, nearing herself to Yujin when the others started to bombard her with a lot of questions and swarmed over her, very uncomfortable.


 

Chaewon pushed off the crowd, hugging her cousin. “Minjoo! Where have you been, oh dear god!” She exclaimed and pulled away to cup Minjoo's cheek. The princess smiled. “I'm okay, I'm not hurt.” She answered timidly and the orange head snorted. “Of course! You're with Yujin, you'll go home without a scratch. I know you'll be with her because she was also missing that's why I’m not really that worried, but I’m just scared for you both later at your parents.” She said, side-eyeing the quiet guard. Minjoo gulped at the mention of her parents, they will definitely be upset.


 

“I'm sorry that I worried all of you, and even ruined the night. I apologize for running off with Yujin without a word, I just wanted to think peacefully because the recent events made me feel suffocated.” The princess said to the guests that are outside with a hint of guilt on her voice. She felt a tap on her shoulders and saw Yongbok trying to comfort her.


 

“We heard,” He started off and sighed. “But still, you made us get so nervous-wreck.” And earned a nudge from his twin sister.


 

Minjoo was about to respond when the crowd suddenly went into half, giving way for the King and Queen. Both of them are hurrying to their daughter. “Minjoo, dear!” Her mother shouted, tears forming on her eyes while the King just intently looked at her with a worried yet angry expression.


 

“Where did you go, young lady! We're so worried! We can't find you inside the palace!” He yelled. Haejoo just embraces her daughter.


 

Minjoo bit her lower lip and nervously looked at her Father. “I-I asked Yujin to escape me—” She's not even finished when the King already made his way towards the quiet guard and grabbed her collar. “YOU! Why did you take my daughter out of my palace?!” He shouted at her, eyes burning in anger but Yujin just hung her head low and did not fire back, expecting for the worse.


 

“FATHER! Stop it! It's not Yujin's fault! I'm the one who asked her to take me out of this place!” Minjoo went over to them, defending Yujin from the wrath of the King.


 

But Minhoon just threw dagger looks to the guard and didn’t pay attention to his daughter. “How dare you, you wolf!? You know I forbid Minjoo to take a step on the outside world because it's so dangerous and here you are! You should obey the King's words, dirty dog!” He hissed, and Haejoo tried to calm him down. Yujin didn't faze at the harsh words, only Minjoo can break her walls and heart, Minjoo is the only person who can make her feel bad and hurt.


 

“Stop shouting at her, Father! She has done nothing wrong I was the one who—”


 

“Why are you defending this wolf!? She committed a mistake!”


 

Minjoo gritted her teeth, she could feel tears prickling in her eyes.


 

The twins just watched in silence, they knew they can't do anything or the King might forbid them from visiting the palace and Minjoo, or worse, take their titles away and ruin their family.


 

“I'll take any punishment from you, your Majesty, I'll gladly take it,” Yujin spoke, her voice emotionless and blank. Minjoo's neck almost snapped when she turned to her at lightning speed.


 

The King's jaw clenched and slowly let go of her collar. “You better be. You did something horribly wrong.” He said while still glaring at the guard.


 

“Father! I beg you! Don't hurt her!”


 

“This irresponsible guard of yours deserves thirty whips and won't be fed any food or water for three days!” He shouted, making Minjoo tremble, the thought of Yujin suffering for the worse punishment hurt her.


 

She clutched her Father's sleeves. “Father, that is just so cruel for an innocent person like her! I told you many times that I’m the one who asked her to get me out of here, why won't you listen! Punish me instead!” She begged, pleading with teary eyes, hoping that she can soften the King’s burning anger.


 

The crowd gasped silently, the princess indeed has the kindest heart or there's a completely other reason for her action. She must really treasure her guard so much that she even pleaded the King to spare the young warrior and defended her, also offering herself to be punished alongside with the latter.


 

The King was silent, his clenched fists were shaking. Yujin just stared at Minjoo in awe, the princess defended and protected her, and even suggested herself to be the one who will be punished but she can't let that happen, never. She’ll rather die than let the princess suffer.


 

“Fine,” Minhoon said, defeated but his voice still authoritative and firm. They thought it was the end already. “Guards! Take this wolf away and punish her!” Minjoo was about to protest again when the King added. “Minor punishment only!”


 

It didn't make Minjoo relieved because Yujin is still going to suffer because of her.


 

The King turned to his daughter when the palace guards grabbed Yujin and dragged her out of the area, the latter didn’t resist and just calmly followed the royal guards and gave the worried princess an assuring look. Minjoo's eyes are fixated on Yujin only, gulping down when she sees the guard being dragged by the palace guards away from the crowd, away from her.


 

“And you, young lady,” Minhoon grunted. “Will receive a lot of scoldings from me. I will discipline you greatly.”




 

The minor punishment is being locked up in a cage down to the dungeon for three days and would be given food and water once a day only.


 

Yujin just leaned at the dirty old wall of the dingy cell, relaxing as the palace guards looked at her weirdly. “Wolf. Why do you look so calm? You should be in distress and worried because of this punishment.” A male guard on his thirty piped in, scoffing.


 

The warrior just chuckled, looking at her chained hands. “I’ve received more brutal and harsher punishment than this from the past. A lot worse, that normal people can't handle it.” She said, smirking and gave out a wink on the two flustered guards. “The only thing I'm worrying about is the princess.”


 

It was true. She suffered a lot more brutal punishment than this and she was just a kid. She received a lot of punishment that she's already used to it, well, she's already used to being starved for days, she's also used to being locked up in a dark place, and she's very used to pain like whips and knives, a punch can’t even faze her no more.


 

Her only problem is not seeing the princess for three days, the King definitely banned the latter from visiting her down to the dungeon and she's also worried because Minjoo might get hurt by her Father's harsh words. Minhoon is a strict and merciless guy, hopefully, his heart will soften at the sight of her sad and scared daughter and just let her be.



 

General Ahn visited her on the second day, also scolding her at the cell, not even showing a hint of pity towards his daughter that is locked up in a dirty and old cell and even had the guts to laugh at her but Yujin is very fine with it. Ahns never pity anyone, even if they are a family member.


 

After three days, Yujin is finally free from minor punishment. When she got to step outside, she was greeted by Minjoo, waiting for her.


 

The princess hugged her tightly, not even caring if she's so dirty and smelly. Yujin just chuckled. “Your Highness, I did not shower for three days, I'm smelly.” She said but Minjoo really doesn't give any single care.


 

“Oh god! Look at your face, you got skinnier! I'm really sorry—”


 

“No, shhh. Princess, it's okay, don't blame yourself. I'll just have a feast later!” Yujin cut her off and grabbed her hand. “How are you doing? The King didn't go harsh on you, right?”


 

“He scolded me a lot but I cared less for his words, I was too busy thinking of you there, locked up in the dungeon. I even had a fight with him two days ago because I insisted on visiting you at your cell. My days were so plain and full of worry.” Minjoo explained while tearing up and Yujin softly smiled at her. “I'm Ahn Yujin. I can survive everything, even if I have ten arrows pierced on my skin, I will survive because I know you'll be waiting. Sorry if you waited for me for three days and was so worried.” She whispered while wiping Minjoo's tears then hugged her again.






 

Months have passed and the marriage arrangement thing is still on. Hyunjin kept visiting her Highness Minjoo to court her even if the princess directly said to him that she is not interested in him even in the slightest bit.


 

The King already disciplined her about this but Minjoo still firmly disagrees but she's not yet that powerful to stop the King, all she can do is to hope that the Hwangs will back off or something bad will happen to the alliance of both families.



 

“It's your seventeenth birthday, Yujin. Oh, time surely flies fast, happy birthday!” She greeted her guard when Yujin entered her room early in the morning. She was in a good mood because it was Yujin's birthday.


 

The warrior grinned, skipping to her. “Thank you! Do you have anything for me, princess?” She asked as she wiggled her brows and smirked.


 

Oh. That's the problem.


 

Minjoo uncomfortably shifted on her bed and smiled nervously. She forgot to find Yujin a present because of Hyunjin. The Prince is bugging her almost every day that she can’t even move freely around her palace because he would suddenly pop out and annoy her. She just remembered when she woke up earlier that she doesn't have any gifts prepared.


 

“I-I'm sorry, I forgot to get you a present… Name something, and I'll gladly get it for you!” She answered while scratching her cheek, embarrassed because, for the first time, she forgot to give Yujin a gift minus on the first year they met because Minjoo didn't know and the guard only informed her weeks after. Since then, Minjoo never forgot to give her a present.


 

Yujin laughed. It's not actually a big deal, having to spend the day with her is enough for a gift but she's going to take this as an advantage.


 

“Okay! I badly wanted this from you, so that'll be your birthday present to me.” She said with a small smirk. Minjoo seems like she's still oblivious about her naughty plan and nodded innocently but with determination. “Spill, warrior.”


 

“A kiss from you will do. Lips,” Yujin replied innocently, even puckered her lips but if you will look closely, it’s a smirk and Minjoo almost choked on her own saliva.


 

Ever since that kiss happened on that fateful night, they didn't mention it ever again. Even if Yujin wanted to always talk about that topic, she doesn't want Minjoo to be uncomfortable but she's being open to Minjoo about her feelings, she would constantly remind her that she loves the princess every time she spotted a chance. The princess would blush and hiss at her, but it's okay, Yujin always loves her reaction. She would randomly compliment Minjoo then say ‘I love you or one of the countless reasons why I love you’.


 

The guard is actually just fooling around, teasing Minjoo, she knows Minjoo will never agree to such a request. Or she thought.


 

“Fine! J-Just make it, quick.” The princess exclaimed, her face is like a ripe tomato and Yujin's jaw dropped in shock. “Wait, are you serious, princess?” She asked as her heart flipped in happiness. Deep inside, she’s praying that hopefully, Minjoo is not kidding at all.


 

Minjoo gulped. “Do I look like I'm fooling around, warrior? Do it before my mind changes.” She hissed and bit her lower lip. She doesn't have a single clue why she agreed, probably because it's Yujin's birthday, yeah, probably because of it.


 

Yujin scratched her head, taking a step forward then leaning down to reach the princess' eye level then cupped her cheeks, also hesitant if she would do it.


 

“Just kiss me already so it'll be done quickly!” Minjoo impatiently groaned, making the guard laugh before shaking her head when she noticed the hint of eagerness around her tone. The princess blushed again because she realized how desperate she looked for a kiss.


 

“Hmmm, 'kay.” Yujin whispered before pressing her lips onto hers.


 

This time, Yujin did not hold back and tested the waters, moving her lips gently. She felt Minjoo flinched but she didn't mind it and kept kissing her.


 

Meanwhile, Minjoo is panicking because she doesn't know what to do exactly, all she can do is to tightly grip on her bedsheets while Yujin sweetly ravishes her lips. Her heart can't take it anymore, she felt like bursting any second now and let out a yelp when Yujin suddenly bit her lower lip gently.


 

Since when did she learn how to do these things? Instinct never fails.


 

She can’t understand herself why, why won't she push Yujin away like the last time? Why is she enjoying the kiss—


 

Yujin pulled away when she felt Minjoo was having a hard time breathing, she sensed that she was lacking for air, and she’s flustered.


 

And why is she disappointed when Yujin pulled away?


 

“Uhm, sorry, just got c-carried away.” She said and hastily took a step backward while her cheeks burned in embarrassment. She almost lost control, thank god, she got a hold of herself. Her wolf instinct is just hard to keep in, it just came out naturally, especially that she’s maturing day by day.


 

She kissed Minjoo two times and she's addicted already, so drunk. She can't get enough of Minjoo's lips.


 

Minjoo kept mum and just stared at Yujin with red-tinted cheeks. The latter also stared at her. The atmosphere and tension around the room are so heavy but it's not awkward like from the first time, it is rather warm, no it’s burning.


 

There's an unknown force pulling Yujin in as she stared at those honey orbs of her highness and she can’t help but to be pulled in, feeling so helpless.


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter