ibyh | 21

i'll be your home | l. mark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark frowned as he felt her uncomfortably walk down the street with him. It was as if she didn't want to hold his hand; it was barely holding onto his, eager to let go at any moment. He felt his heart sink a little from how weird she was acting. Insecurity immediately kicked in from the sight of her discomfort. "Do you not want to go out...or be seen with me?" He asked nervously, already feeling his heart sink to down to the pit of his stomach by now. Maybe she is embarrassed to be out with me...maybe she isn't proud of me? Maybe-

 

The girl noticed how he kept staring down at their hands that were barely holding on to each other. Immediately, she felt the guilt hit her after being so stupid. "No, that's not it..." He just looked so sad; her actions hurt him, didn't they? "I do want to go out and I do want to be seen with you. Hell, I want people to know that I have the best boyfriend in the entire world, but I'm just paranoid you might somehow get in trouble. I'm not used to it, you know? And I definitely don't want you getting in trouble again because of me."

 

With her response, Mark felt more relieved, allowing a smile to creep back onto his face once again. His heart felt itself fill with warmth as soon as she readjusted her hand so that their fingers were laced together properly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything," he heard her say.

 

The two decided to go grab a meal since Soojung had mentioned she skipped her lunch so she could nap during that period. And lord, it made the boy incredibly giddy to finally go out freely with his girlfriend. He truly loved showing her off and being able to do that right now had him over the moon. They opted to eat some fried chicken, seeing how Soojung was craving for some. Anything for her, of course. Sure, they wouldn't be able to go out often into the public, but they didn't need to be going to fancy restaurants for their dates. Whatever the beautiful girl wishes for, he offers, and vice versa. 

 

From time to time, Soojung's phone, which was left on beside her while she ate, would light up due to incoming phone calls, but she would simply ignore them. Over and over, she would just let it ring. Messages would fill her screen, but it didn't seem to bother her as she proceeded to turn off the lock screen each time. Mark would notice how often she was getting phone calls, asking her if she needed to pause and respond, but she always shrugged and said, 'no.' 

 

Of course, after a meal, there comes dessert. While she chose a cup of chocolate flavored frozen yogurt, Mark bought an ice cream cone for dessert. "Wow! This is sweet!" Mark happily commented while giggling over the fact that his ice cream nearly fell off the cone. "Soo, want to try some of mine?" A slight frown began to form when he caught the girl busily glued on her phone. Her head snapped up and she quickly flashed a smile at him and nodded, quickly making his own reappear. She quickly set her phone down onto the table before trying a bit of his ice cream. Although Mark noticed her phone screen turn on from another incoming call and messages that followed, he decided to push those thoughts to the back of his mind. 

 

+++

 

They had eventually returned back to her home, both feeling incredibly tired. "Soo, let's go on another date soon-" He sighed heavily in disappointment the moment he caught her going on her phone again. She seemed so focused that she didn't even notice the male staring at her with a hurt expression. "Soo, what is wrong with you today?"

 

Her head raised at his question, "Nothing's wrong."

 

Her response only irritated him even further. He never gets angry, but damn, she was really testing his patience today. "You've been so distracted all day and you've been glued to that phone of yours! Who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter