Trip

LOST MEMORIES

The plan of cheating New's score was a great success, but for Tong, even if they didn't change his score, he would still be the guitarist. That's because the crowd was so engrossed with his performance that they focused on him from the beginning until the end.

And the fact that only New, out of all the auditionees, managed to do that made Tong believe that he's really suitable for the position. But he didn't know if it was because of New's looks or his lovely voice that got the attention of the crowd. In fact, Tong was quite impressed of Gulf's fiance, he thought that New was indeed a good looking man with a good body figure. He was proud of Gulf for setting good standards when choosing his partner.

When New and Kaownah arrived home after the audition, Kaownah's parents were waiting for them at the living room. The two didn't inform them that they would be coming back home a little late, so they were expecting a yell from Kaownah's parents for coming back home late at night. But instead of a yell, Kaownah's parents asked them right away about the audition, making them surprised.

Kaownah happily announced to his parents that New got the job and he would be working at the bar. Kaownah's parents were happy as well, they told the kids that they knew about it because Bosser talked to them earlier that day. And they also told New that he could work at the bar if that's what he really wanted. They thought that New should try doing something instead of keeping him at home or at the resort. Because of this, New thanked them and he also called Bosser right away to thanked the older.


 

Since Kaownah and Turbo had a schedule for there ongoing intership, New went to the cafe alone for him to start practicing with Run. When he arrived, he proceeded to the bar with Run to have their practice there.

Run and Mew were closed friends, so Run didn't have any problems when dealing with the older. But since he's facing a different kind of Mew at that time, he didn't know how to react with him and the fact that it was just the two of them inside the bar wasn't really helping him at all. New sensed that Run wasn't comfortable being with him because of Run's actions. He saw Run wanted to move the music sheet stand closer to him, but he was hesitant to do it, so New pushed it closer to Run instead.

"Are you okay?" New asked Run after sensing that Run was feeling uncomfortable. "Are you scared of me?"

Run remembered the time when Gulf introduced his boyfriend, Mew, to them for the first time. They were all scared because Mew have that intimidating look on his face. But when they got to know him, he was really kind and caring that's why their friend fell in love with him.

"I'm fine." He lied. "I was just worried. I might not do well in our practice. And you, you were really good last night."

"Actually, I very nervous last night." He laughed.

"Nervous or not, you still put on a great show." Run continued to compliment the older.

"Come on, it's okay." New gently tapped Run's shoulder to encourage him. "Let's help each other during practice, so that we can put on a great show together on our first stage."

Run slowly put on a smile on his face after the older's encouragement. He then sat on a bar stool and placed his tablet on the stand for New to see the chords and lyrics as well.

They started their practice by choosing songs on what to play. Just like New, Run had tried playing guitar before. So, if there were chords that New didn't know or it might be difficult for him, Run was always there to help him learn or correct it.

Tong and First exhibited their talent in cooking as they made cookies together. Tong planned on selling their homemade cookies instead of ordering it from their pastry supplier that's why he tried making it with First and let their customers tried it to get some feedbacks.

While Gulf was handling a cup of frappe to their customer at the counter, Tong suddenly stood up beside him while holding a plate with cookies on it. He raised an eyebrow as he looked at Tong when the older handed it to him. "I don't like eating sweets, Pi."

"I know, your mom said. This is not for you."

"Aw! Then who are these cookies for?"

"Bring this to Run and New, and two bottles of water as well. They might be hungry and thirsty by now. They've been practicing for two hours already."

"Ahhh~" Gulf stared at the cookies and he suddenly remember the time when he went to Mew's house. They made cookies with Mew's sister, and Mew even fed him with cookies. Even if he didn't like it, he still ate it for Mew.

"Why?" Tong asked while looking at Gulf who's just staring at the cookies. "Are you disgusted of my cookies that's why you're staring at it like that?"

"No, Pi~" He cooed before grabbing the plate from the older. "I'll bring these to them na."

Run and New were busy with their practice when Gulf suddenly arrived with a plate of cookies and two bottles of water. As they saw him, they halted their practiced and Run immediately walked over to his friend and helped him bring the water.

"Tong asked me to bring these to you guys." Gulf said and placed the plate on Run's chair. "He said you guys might die from hunger."

Run laughed. "That's harsh."

"Just kidding."

While they were both busy teasing each other, New was just staring at the cookies and he confusedly mumbled. "Cookies?"

New's voice might be low when he mumbled it, but Run and Gulf clearly heard it, making both of them to look at the older.

"Yes, cookies. Why?" Gulf asked when he heard confusion within New's voice. There might be something about the cookies, he thought.

Then New looked up to them and smiled as he said. "Nothing. I like sweets. Thank you for bringing this."

Gulf really prepared himself as he waited for New to say something like 'I remember something just by looking at the cookies or I remember making this one with someone' but no, New just told them that he likes sweets before taking one piece of cookie.

"Ahh~ I see." Gulf pursed his lips as he sighed, having the same reaction with Run too. Just like Gulf, Run was also hoping that New remembered something.

"Let me leave the two of you here. I'm going to the toilet first." Run said.

"Okay." New answered while he's happily munching the cookie.

Gulf didn't want Run to leave him alone with New. He was about to say something to stop his friend from leaving, but Run left right away, leaving only him and New at the bar. He shifted his attention to New who just finished drinking the water he brought. He slightly panicked when New looked at him back. He avoided the older's gaze as he turned around, facing his back to New and he roamed his eyes, like he was examining the interior of the place.

New wasn't dumb enough not to notice the younger avoiding his gaze. And when he thought about Gulf avoiding it, made him smile. "The cookies taste really good." He commented, trying to open a topic to break the silent atmosphere.

When New finally broke the silence, Gulf breathe in relief while facing his back to New. He put on a smile before facing New. "Really? Tong would be glad to hear that."

But instead of giving a verbal response to Gulf, New just gave him a sweet smile which melted Gulf's heart. With that smile, Gulf suddenly missed the older. And he felt the urge to touch or hug New, but he knew that it was impossible.

"You saw my performance last night, right? What do you think about it?" New suddenly asked, his eyes were focused on his guitar as he strum it.

New's performance, of course it was such a great performance because he sang their song, Gulf thought. But instead of saying it out loud, he just kept it to himself. New might be confused if he said that. "It was... a good and relaxing performance."

"Really?"

"Hmmm. Your song choice was... perfect." He hummed in response and he asked. "Why did you choose that song?"

"The song?" New tried to recall on how he chose that song. As he was thinking, he cutely pout his lips while staring into a corner. "Actually, I was just looking into a list of love songs and I happened to see that. It caught my attention and I decided to listen into it, then practiced and played it."

"Ahh~" Gulf slowly and constantly nodded his head. He thought that New might remember something from the song, but still it's nothing.

"Do you like that song?" New asked.

"Kinda. Someone... used to play and sing that song it to me."

"Used to?" New cocked his eyebrows as he repeated it. "Then that means... that person didn't sing that song to you anymore? May I ask why?"

"Because..." While New was waiting for his answer, Gulf was also having a hard time answering the question. "Because we... we are far from each other now."

"Ohhh~" New sadly cooed, then he suddenly thought about something, which made his lips to stretch into a smile. "Do you know how to play that song? Let's play it."

Gulf widened his eyes at New's statement and he shook his head multiple times while saying. "No, I can't. I don't even know how to play the guitar."

"You don't know?"

"Well... I know... a little bit, but not as good as you are."

"No, don't say that. I'm not really that good too. Come here." He humbly said with a smile before he stood up from his seat and tapped it, cueing for Gulf to sit on it. "I'll teach you how to play it."

"Teach me? No, it's okay. I'm not good at it. I will just give you a headache."

"Come on~ Sit here."

And Gulf gave up at the end, he took steps closer to New and sat on the chair. New gave his guitar to Gulf and Gulf positioned it over his chest. New stood up behind Gulf and he got startled when he felt New's chest against him. It was like the older was back hugging him.

New held Gulf's left hand and taught him how to do the chords, then he held the other hand and guided his fingers in strumming the guitar.

"You should hold this tight." New said as he was so focused in teaching Gulf.

But Gulf, he wasn't really listening to what the older said. He was so busy composing himself not to explode from the older's hug. Not only that, because New's face was really close to him that he could hear the older's breathing, and his breathe was fanning Gulf's cheek.

"Okay? Let's do it again." New strummed the strings of guitar with Gulf's finger as he guided him. He also pressed Gulf's other hand to hold the strings tight, but something has caught his attention. "Your bracelet..." He mumbled.

Gulf was wearing a muse she cake bracelet. It was their couple bracelet that Mew bought and they always wear it. He remember Mew wearing it when he went to Rayong, but glancing at New's wrist, he wasn't wearing it at all. The bracelet has black beads, four white marble beads, and two golden beads. Their bracelets were really precious to them since it also represented love.

When New mumbled about the bracelet, Gulf turned his head to the older and that made their faces to get nearer that there were just a few inches left before their lips would touch against each other. "W-what about my bracelet?"

New looked straight in his eyes. He once stared at those eyes, and he could see sadness and pain. And the moment that he had another chance to stare at it, both sadness and pain weren't that strongly visible from Gulf's eyes anymore, it became unclear. What he saw from the younger's eyes was... longing. Gulf's eyes were telling New that Gulf was longing for something or maybe someone. He smiled and finally muttered. "It's beautiful."

"Well... y-yeah, it's really beautiful." Gulf agreed when he finally got back to his senses after his staring competition with New. He turned his attention back to the guitar and continued learning how to play their song.

He realized that it's not really easy to triggered someone's memory. It's like he's reminding New about the things that really never happened before. First it was him, but New couldn't remember him. Next, the cookies, but New just ended up telling him that he likes sweets. Then, the song as well, but according to New, he just saw it while searching for love songs. And then, the bracelet, it's their couple bracelet, but again New just complimented it. If the situation continued, it would be difficult for him to do their plan in less than a month.

While they were busy learning the guitar in a very sweet way, Run was just hiding at the corner watching them. He didn't go to the toilet, it was just his excuse to give New and Gulf some time together. And after his plan succeeded, he was happily looking at them from a far. From his view, he could see New laughing as he was teaching Gulf with the guitar because the younger always got it wrong.

As he didn't want to interrupt New and Gulf, he decided to go back to the cafe where he saw Mild and Boat at the counter.

"Aww! Why are you here?" Mild asked Run right away as soon he got inside the cafe.

"Aren't you practicing at the bar?" Boat added.

Run leaned on the counter before answering his friends' questions. "I am. I just went out to give Gulf and New some time together." Then he wiggled his brows.

"Oh? You left them alone?" Boat asked.

Run gave him a nod as a response.

"Gulf will cry again." Mild jokingly assumed. "He's becoming a cry baby nowadays. Especially if he sees P'New."

"No no no, I don't think so. They were actually having fun in there. It would make me a bad person if I interrupted them that's why I came here."

"Really?" Mild and Boat said in unison.

"It looks like there's a progress with our plan." Mild continued.

Run proudly nodded his head with a wide smile on his face. He lifted his hand that was curled into a fist. Boat and Mild did the same and the three of them shared a fist bump.



 

In a Thai food restaurant, Kaownah and Turbo had a flavorful dinner after their internship. While Turbo was enjoying his food, Kaownah just kept on playing with his food while spacing out.

"I really love this restaurant. Their dishes are super good." Turbo said while savoring his moment of eating delicious Thai food. But when he didn't receive any response from the person across him, he looked up and saw that Kaownah was actually spacing out.

Turbo couldn't believe how Kaownah managed to ignore all the dishes in front of them. He shook his head before picking up a piece of meat and shove it inside Kaownah's mouth, making him to flinch at the sudden action.

"What are you doing?"

"Are you hungry or not?" Turbo asked when he successfully got Kaownah's attention. "Instead of eating, you were spacing out. What are you thinking?"

Kaownah munched the food in his mouth as he glared at Turbo. "Nothing."

"What was it about?"

"It's nothing."

Turbo heaved a sigh, he lifted his hand and slowly held Kaownah's hand and caressed it. "Come on, tell me."

He didn't flinch or even withdraw his hand from Turbo's touch, but instead he just stared at it and smile. Turbo's touches weren't new to him anymore, those were already normal for them. Since they were friends when they were children, Turbo was always there for him whenever he needed someone.

There was even a time that he suddenly felt different for Turbo, but in order not to break their friendship, he chose to keep that feeling for himself as he was also unsure about it. He also thought that it may be because they were friends for a long time that he slowly felt something for him. But when New came into his life, he slowly forgot about it and focus too much on New.

"It's really nothing. But if ever I have problem or something, I promise, I will tell you right away."

"Hmm, Okay, glad to hear that from you. Now, eat your food."

Kaownah pursed his lips and decided to dig in. He started to enjoy his food but his mind were still thinking about New and Gulf, about what happened the previous night. He saw how New stared at Gulf when he was performing on stage and that questioned him. There's something about Gulf and he wanted to know what was it.



 

After days of practice, Run and New were ready to serenade everyone in the bar. They prepared both Thai and English songs, and Run added Korean songs as well. But a few minutes before they could go on the stage, Run and New were nervous.

There were quite a lot of people inside the bar since they were anticipating for it. Usually, there's a rock band who performed in front of the customers in every bar. But since Tong wanted their bar to be different, he wanted a live acoustic which was calm and relaxing compare to a rock band which is electronically modified.

To cheer them up, Boat and Mild were encouraging Run. Gulf wanted to encourage his friend too, but Boat and Mild shooed him away, telling him to cheer up New instead of Run. He rolled his eyes at his friends and searched for New anyway, in which he found the older tuning his guitar at the side of the stage. Since Kaownah hasn't yet to arrive, it's a good opportunity for him to approach the older.

"Is... everything set already?" Gulf shyly asked as he stood in front of New.

When New lifted his head, he put on a smile on his face after seeing Gulf came up to him. "Yes, everything is okay now. But..." New glanced at the people inside the bar and he could feel his heart beating irregularly. "I'm nervous."

"It's okay, you can do it."

"Hmmm, thanks. Is this how you cheer up someone?"

"Kinda." Gulf lifted his right hand, showing a peace sign to New. It was the sign that he used to send to Mew everytime he's going to cheer him up. "I usually send this to cheer someone."

"A peace sign?" New raised his brows as he looked at Gulf's hand.

He gave the older a nod as he put his hand down. "I don't really know how to encourage someone, so I just send something like that."

"It's okay. It's cute anyway."

"Really?" He snorted.

New nodded his head at Gulf as he made a cute face. Gulf just chuckled at the older, and then, Tong and Run suddenly came with a silly smile on their faces.

"Gulf, are you done cheering him up?" Run asked in a teasing tone of his voice and he received a multiple nod from his friend.

"I see. New won't be nervous on the stage anymore and it's because of you." Tong playfully added.

Gulf glared at Tong, but Tong just laughed it off as well as New together with Run.

"Okay, you two can go up on stage now. Do your best and just enjoy your performance."

They took the stage and set up everything before they both sat on their bar stools. Tong and Gulf went to a table in front of the stage where Boat and Mild were staying, so that they could see a clear view of the two.

Run was holding a song book that contained papers of their printed songs and chords, while he was placing the song book on the music sheet stand, New found Gulf in front of the stage. Their eyes met and Gulf mouthed 'susu' to encourage the older. New nodded his head before he lifted his hand and showed to Gulf the peace sign before they finally started playing their songs.

Tong, Boat, and Mild slowly turned their head to Gulf who's trying to contain his smile after what New did. They stared at him with a suspicious look and when Gulf noticed them giving him that kind of look, he cleared his throat and plastered an arrogant look on his face.





 

It seemed like Tong was having fun cooking at the cafe that he decided to make dinner for the kids and to celebrate New and Run's successful stage. Of course, First helped the older to cook food. He also invited New and First to have their dinner with them as well.

In almost a year of staying in the province, New's life revolved only at home or at the beach resort and only interacted with Kaownah, Kaownah's parents, Turbo, and the people at the resort. Having a new circle of friends was new to him that's why he wanted to interact with them as much as he can which made him agree about having dinner with them.

While Tong and First were almost done cooking, the others were preparing the dishes that they were going to use and setting up the table as well. And as soon as the food were all served on the table, their eyes were sparkling as they looked at their delightful dinner presented in front of them.

Boat, Mild, and Run sat next to each other, across them were New, Gulf, and First. While Tong sat at the edge of the table, he served the last dish that he made which is Gulf's favorite food, the stir fried basil.

"Here~" Tong cooed as he placed the stir fried basil in front of Gulf. "Gulf's favorite dish."

"Aww~ Pi, thank you." Gulf happily said.

"Stir fried basil?" New mumbled, but it was still loud enough for Tong to clearly hear what he said.

"Yes, do you like that dish as well?"

With Tong's question, Gulf looked at New and waited for his answer. New doesn't like eating pork and Gulf knew that, so he wanted to know if it's still the same. If even after losing his memory, he would still don't like eating pork just like how he's still fond with sweet stuff.

"No, I don't like eating pork, P'Tong." New answered which made Gulf to put on a small smile on his face. As what he had predicted, Mew's disfavor of pork still remained. But Gulf immediately dropped his smile when New looked at him afterwards. He would really feel tense everytime New laid his eyes on him.

"So, you actually like that food?" New softly asked him, but Gulf's friends sitting across them heard it. Boat and Mild gazed at him with full of anticipation. For Run and Gulf, they knew that a food couldn't trigger New's memory, so they weren't expecting anything from New. Unlike Boat and Mild who were strongly hoping that he could remember something even just a little.

"Yes, that's his favorite." Mild in. "You even cook that ---"

Mild wasn't able to frame his statement when Boat and Run immediately covered his mouth to stop him from talking too much while Gulf widened his eyes in shock.

"I cook...?"

"It's nothing P'New. Just ignore him. He likes talking about nonsense things." Gulf immediately jumped in to cover up his friend.

The situation between them became awkward that even Tong felt it, so he spoke and lifted the mood. "Okay, let's continue talking later. But for now, let's start eating these mouthwatering dishes that First and I prepared."

First smiled and he proudly nodded his head at Tong's statement before they all began eating. In the midst of their dinner, they were all busy savoring the moment when Tong suddenly called out Gulf.

"Gulf, I remember that you don't like the sea, right?" Tong said, remembering the time when Gulf told him that he preferred mountains than sea. "So, I was thinking about going to the mountains this weekend. My mom called to say that I have to take you around Surat Thani."

"Really Pi? Honestly, I'm sick looking at the sea everyday." Gulf complaint.

"That's why I'm taking you to the mountains since I'm free this weekend."

"But only the two of you? So sad, how about us P'Tong?" Mild sulked as he pouted.

"No, all of us will go including New." Tong stated and New looked at him with a suprise look on his face.

"Me?" New muttered as he pointed himself.

"Yes you! Why? Don't you want to join us?"

He glanced at Gulf and to his friends, he could see them nodding their heads, pursuading him to go with them. He smiled and finally nodded his head. "I'll go."

"How about me?" First said.

"I said ALL, right?"

First beamed at the elder. "This is going to be fun."

"So Pi, have you thought about which mountain to go?" Run asked the elder.

"Aw! Yes Pi, we have a lot of mountains here in the province." First added.

"I was thinking about Khao Sok National Park."

"Oh! I heard about that, it's famous and it's really beautiful." Boat suddenly exclaimed.

"And also, we have a vacation house in Khao Sok. We can use it instead of booking an accommodation." First suggested in which they all agreed for them to save money renting an accommodation.

"Okay, so it's a date. We are going to Surat Thani this weekend and stay at First's family vacation house."




 

"Aw! Good morning." Kaownah greeted New who's busy packing his clothes early in the morning. "You're awake already?"

Kaownah went inside New's room to invite the older to go on a trip as well. They always go on a trip whenever Kaownah is free, but when he got inside, he saw New packing some of his clothes. He furrowed his brows and confusedly looked at New who's packing.

"What's this? Are you leaving?" Kaownah asked in panic. "Did your memory come back already?"

With those silly and paranoid questions, New looked at Kaownah with 'what the hell is wrong with you' look before telling him on why he was packing his clothes. "I'm going to leave... for a trip."

Kaownah heaved a breath of relief, he calmed himself while his hand was caressing his chest. Seeing Kaownah's overreaction, New shook his head and continued packing his clothes. "Not a good timing. Where are you going for your trip and who's with you?"

"Why? We're going to Khao Sok. P'Tong invited me to go with them."

"Aw! What a coincidence!" Kaownah exclaimed. "I came here to invite you going out. I'm free today, so I was thinking of going to Khao Sok as well."

He paused and looked at Kaownah. He cocked his brows as he asked. "In Khao Sok also?"

"Yes, Turbo is on his way here. We're going today also. Since we're going to the same place, then... how about Turbo and I will just join you and P'Tong's group?" Kaownah suggested.

Tong going on a trip, he knew that Gulf would also be there. He was paranoid about New's gazes to Gulf on that night and he's not yet done thinking about it. So going with them would make him less worried since he could keep an eye on New and Gulf.

"No. P'Tong just invited me. It's rude if I'm going to invite other people. After all, this is not my plan."

"Aww~ P'Tong is kind. I talked to him at the bar and he's so considerate. I'm sure he won't mind it. Also, if there are more people, then it will be more fun. Right? Please~ P'New, let me go with you~" Kaownah cutely pleaded the older as he held New's arm and placed his head on New's shoulder.

New pursed his lips and shook his head at Kaownah's stubborness. He knew that if Kaownah wanted something, he wouldn't stop until he got it.

"Fine! I'll call P'Tong to tell him that you want to come with us."

"Aww~ P'New you're the best! I'm going to my room first to pack my things." Kaownah gave New a hug before he left the older's room.



 

They were all gathered outside the cafe, helping Tong in loading the van with all the things that they needed to bring since they would be staying at the vacation house for three days. While they were busy loading the van with their bags and other stuff, New suddenly arrived at the cafe together with Kaownah and Turbo. A frown was formed on Mild, Boat, Run and First's faces, while Gulf wasn't even surprised seeing Kaownah with New.

"Are they coming with us?" Boat asked with his low voice.

"Don't ask me, Boat. I don't even know why Kaownah came with New." Mild annoyingly answered. On the night of the audition, they remember how Kaownah kept on talking about his closeness with New, that they were all tired listening to it.

When Tong spotted New with Kaownah and Turbo walking towards them, he smiled and waved at them. They gave Tong a wai as they reached the cafe, not only Tong but also the others as well. Even though Boat, Mild, and Run were not pleased to see Kaownah, they were forced to put on a fake smile and greeted him as well.

"I hope you don't mind me and Turbo going with you guys." Kaownah said to them. "We also plan to go to Khao Sok today, but since you guys are going as well I asked P'New to tag us along."

"Ohhh~ It's okay, it's not really a problem." Mild said, acting like he's totally okay with the idea of Kaownah going with them. "I think it's good. You can even invite more people to come if you want."

Gulf secretly nudged his friend for always talking too much and for ending his statement sarcastically.

"What he meant was that if they were more people coming then it would be more fun." Run said, trying to cover up Mild's statement.

"Ahh~ Yes, that's what I also said to P'New." Kaownah smiled as he agreed at Run then he placed his arm around New's shoulder.

Seeing Kaownah's arm around New's shoulder, Gulf gave a stern look at it as he wished to find a machete right away and cut Kaownah's arm to remove it. But before he could do it, Tong told them to get in the van for them to leave already.

Kaownah excused themselves from them as he dragged New and Turbo going inside the van, holding New's wrist. Gulf's friends glanced at Gulf and they saw how scary their friend's face was. They couldn't blame Gulf as well because Kaownah was really touchy to New just right in front of Gulf.

Mild placed his hand on Gulf's back and said. "Calm down man. Calm down."

"Why are you still here? Get inside now." Tong said while holding the car key. He was about to hop in when he spotted the four of them outside.

"Pi, why is it they're joining us?" Mild asked almost in a whisper.

"Why? Are you not okay with it?"

"Of course!" The three said in unison making Tong startled at them.

"It's not like that, Pi." Run insisted, trying to explain everything to the older.

"Yes. It's actually okay, but... we plan to make New and Gulf closer to each other. But if Kaownah is here, he will always stick to New." Boat in.

Instead of worrying just like them, Tong's lips slowly stretched into a smile instead as he remember something. The smile on Tong's face made them all curious on what is running on the older's mind.

"What are you smiling at, Pi?" Gulf curiously asked.

"Nothing, I just remember something." He answered. "Come on, hop in the van now."

They glanced at each other after Tong left them and they put on a confuse look on their faces with the older's mysterious smile. Gulf just shrugged while Mild and Boat shook their heads before hopping into the van.

Gulf let his friends got in first before him, and the three of them sat at the back seat. When it was Gulf's turn, the back seat was already full. In front of them were Turbo, Kaownah, and New who sat at the middle, then First who was sitting alone behind the driver's seat.

"You can sit here." New and First surprisingly said in unison which made all of them turned silent.

Gulf slowly pressed his lips as he kept on glancing to First then to New. He looked at the space next to New which was totally and obviously not enough for him. But New still invited him to sit next to him. Is he going to let Gulf sit on his lap? or use the folding seat beside him? Gulf thought.

When he glanced at First, of course it was very spacious because First was just alone and the seat could occupy 3 people in total.

"I... I will just sit next to First." Gulf stuttered as he said it to New. "There's no space next to you anymore, but still, thank you."

New wanted to protest and say that they could just use the folding seat, but Gulf already got inside the van and sat beside First. New mentally curses First for staring at him after he got Gulf to sit next to him. For New, it wasn't just only a stare, it was a very annoying stare, like he's telling New that he won Gulf over him.


 

There's a saying 'Don't judge the book by its cover' and it's truly fit to First. He may be working at the cafe and looked like just a simple man, but his family's vacation house in Khao Sok left them in an awe as it was extremely stunning. It's a two story house surrounded by nature and the beautiful Cheow Larn Lake could also be seen in front of it. Not only that because they also have a garden and a pool with a mini jacuzzi on the side.

The house has a total of 3 rooms and since they were 9 of them, Tong divided them into 3 groups. Of course, he could never break Boat, Mild, and Run so he put them in one room. Turbo, Kaownah, and New were in the same room as well while Gulf would be with him and First.

It was already afternoon when they arrived at Khao Sok, so they just roamed around the area, looking at the beautiful scenery. Since Khao Sok is one of the most popular destinations in Southern Thailand, they could see a lot of foreigners enjoying their lake tour.

They went back to the house afterwards to prepare for their dinner. Instead of only Tong and First, all of them helped in preparing their meals. They helped them wash and cut the ingredients and set the tables at the garden since their going to have an outdoor dinner.

A lot of appetizing meals were served on the table and they all couldn't wait to taste them all. While the others were busy setting out portions of food on their plates, Gulf grabbed a bowl and set out a soup for himself. All of them had a bowl of soup beside them already except to New who was sitting across him. He grabbed another bowl and poured a hot Tom Yum in it since he remember that it's one of Mew's favorite food.

"P'New, here's a---"

"P'New, have a taste of this spicy Thai coconut chicken soup." Kaownah cut Gulf's statement when he saw that Gulf was about to hand New a bowl of soup. So, he quickly got New a soup and placed it in front of the older.

New was aware of what was happening, so he glanced at Gulf who was still holding a bowl of Tum Yum for him and was staring at Kaownah and him as well. He could see that Gulf was a little disappointed at what happened so he put on a smile to encourage Gulf as he asked. "Is that for me also, Gulf? What is that?"

Before Gulf could answer New's question, he gulped as he looked at Kaownah and he stuttered while saying. "I-it's Tom Yum soup."

"Oh~ I like that one, could you hand it to me?"

Gulf unconciously nodded his head at New, then he handed the bowl that he was holding to the older. New mouthed a thank you to Gulf, making Kaownah to slowly got annoyed at them.

"You should also try this soup, P'New. P'Tong didn't make the Tom Yum really spicy, but this, it taste really good because it's spicier." Kaownah was trying his best to make New eat the soup that he gave.

"But... P'New can't eat spicy food." Gulf declared. P'Tong didn't make the soup spicy it's because Gulf asked him to.

The rest were enjoying their food when they heard Gulf and Kaownah having a conversation that is slowly heading to an argument. They sounded like they were having a debate and it made them to look in their direction.

"You... you don't like spicy food?"

With a hesitant nod, New ratified what Gulf said. "It's true. I don't like it."

Kaownah was left frozen. He didn't know that New was not fond of spicy food. It made him questioned himself. He usually gave New spicy food, but the older never complained about it. "But I usually gave you spicy food and you still ate them."

"I ate them because they aren't that spicy. But the other food, I spat them out, maybe you didn't see." He simply explained. "I forgot to tell you about this."

He felt ashamed for not knowing that one fact about New. But he wondered why Gulf knew about it. He was with New for almost a year and he didn't know it compare to Gulf who they met just a week ago. Because of what Gulf said, Kaownah turned to look at him with a suspicious look on his face. "How did you know about that?"

And this was how Gulf wanted to slap himself for spilling that fact. How could he tell Kaownah that he knew everything about New more than him? He glanced at his friends to ask help, but they were all shaking their heads as well.

"Because... P'Tong prepared dinner for us the other night and I noticed that he didn't eat Kua Kling which is spicy." He calmly explained, but his mind was going wild already on what to say. "So... I thought maybe he doesn't like spicy thing and... yes, it's right. P'New just confirmed it."

"Gulf is really good at observing people. Because he doesn't speak a lot, so he mostly like to observe." Tong finally jumped in to help Gulf escaped from the conversation and to lift the mood. "Okay, enough with the talk. Resume eating your dinner."

"Yes! Let's eat! We made the dishes totally delicious so you should taste them all." First added, helping Tong to lighten up the mood.

Gulf wasn't really bothered so he continued eating his food. Kaownah did the same as well, he enjoyed his food, and he also enjoyed throwing glances at Gulf with his mind full of suspicion towards Gulf.

 

Provinces are known for its cold breeze especially at night. So when Gulf wasn't able to sleep, he snuck out of the room, careful not to wake up Tong and First, and headed outside where he sat at the edge of the pool and dipped his feet in the water.

He let out a deep breath, ignoring the cold breeze that hit him as he looked up and saw hundreds of stars sparkling in the night sky. He then recalled the time when Mew told him that they were going to do stargazing in Maldives.

It was already late at night, but Mew and Gulf were still awake. They were at their apartment balcony looking at the city view while Mew was back hugging Gulf and resting his chin on Gulf's shoulder.

"It's not going to rain and it's not cloudy as well. But why can't I see any stars, P'Mew?"

"Really? There's no stars?" Mew looked up to see a clear night sky. "People say that it's because of light pollution that's why we can't see them."

Gulf listened carefully to his boyfriend and he hummed as a response before saying. "But I want to see the stars."

"Just wait until we go to Maldives, Bii."

"Why?"

"Aw! Don't you know that Maldives is not only a perfect place for honeymoon, but it's also a perfect place for stargazing?"

Gulf widened his eyes at what Mew told him and he looked at his boyfriend. "Really?"

Before giving his boyfriend a respond, Mew stole a quick peck on Gulf's lips and he said. "Yes, really! So, when we go there, we will do stargazing until the sun shines."

"Crazyyy~" Gulf laughed. "I can't do that, I need to sleep. You know how much I love sleeping."

"Aww~ Don't you want to do stargazing with me?"

"I want, but not until the morning comes. That's crazy~"

Mew smiled as he pulled his boyfriend even closer to him, hugging the younger so tight until he heard Gulf complaining that he couldn't breathe anymore.

Gulf was smiling as he was thinking about it, then he suddenly jolted in surprise when he felt someone placed a blanket on his shoulders and when he turned around, it was New.