Step Down

LOST MEMORIES

"Ahm, before that, there's someone that I want you to meet." Said Gulf, he looked at everyone before he continued. "He's outside, I'll call him. Wait for a moment." Gulf trudged going back to the main door. He slightly opened the door, just small enough for him to see the person behind it. 

After calling Mew whom he wanted them to meet, Gulf looked at his and Mew's family who's anticipating to see the person he called from the outside. Not knowing what kind of reaction would they receive after Mew showed up, Gulf felt nervous as the older. The main door slowly and swiftly swung opened followed by Mew who took steps and entered the house with his head hanged low. 

As soon as he got inside, he lifted his head and saw lots of faces that he hasn't seen for a year. He saw his mother, father, his younger sister, Gulf's parents and older sister as well as his friends who picked him up at the train station.

Once Mew got inside the house and faced them, all eyes were on him and everyone turned silent. The surprise has silenced everyone. They all widened their eyes and were speechless. Mew, who was known to be dead, was standing right in front of them. It's unbelievable. Gulf's mom let out an inaudible gasp at the sight of Mew then she glanced at her husband who had the same reaction as her.

Meanwhile, Mew's father slowly pulled himself up from his seat while his eyes were on his son. Seeing his brother alive, Jom's tears gathered in her eyes, she became weak, but thankfully, Grace was there to hold her.

Mew stared at everyone for a while as he looked at each of their reaction after seeing him before he locked his eyes with his mother. "Mom..."

Looking at her son standing in front of her, she suddenly recalled her memories when she was bearing Mew. She was scared to get pregnant at that time because of some difficulties. But Mew was given to her. Despite of having difficulties in pregnancy, she took a risk and happily welcomed Mew in their family.

She took good care of her children, and gave them everything as they grow old. Together with her husband, they were both strict to their children, especially to Mew because he's the oldest and the only son of the family. So when Mew reportedly died in an accident, her whole world fell apart. She was devastated. Everynight, she always visits her son's room, looking at Mew's figure collection and other stuff owned by him.

Every mother who experienced losing a child, would definitely understand how she felt. It wasn't easy. That's why she understood how Gulf felt since they were both experiencing the same pain. But the pain that she was carrying for a year started to ease when she saw her son in front of her and even called her. With her trembling arms and legs and with every ounce of her strength, she bravely stepped closer to her son. She extended her arms and reached for her son's face, placing both of her palms on Mew's cheeks. 

As soon as her palms were on Mew'cheeks, her legs became totally weak and she almost dropped herself on the floor. But Mew and Gulf's friends were quick to hold her and assist her. 

"Mom!"

"I-I'm fine." She reassured them before they slowly withdraw their hands from her. Then she looked at her son once again and placed her palms back on Mew's cheeks.

"Mom..." Mew muttered once again with his shaky voice. Feeling his mother's touch, Mew's tears started to form in his eyes.

"M-Mew? You're Mew, right? You're my son?" She asked, trying to confirm if the person standing in front of her was really her son. While Mew kept on nodding his head at his mother's question.

Confirming that's it's really her son, her tears came down like a waterfall. She immediately clasped Mew in her arms, holding him in her warm embrace as she cried so hard. "My son..." 

He hugged his mother back and cried so hard in her arms. Mew was crying like a kid who found his mother after being lost in a mall.

"How?" She asked as she pulled away and cupped her son's face. "How did this happen?"

"I survived from the accident, mom."

"But... but the car exploded."

"I was injured, but I was able to get out from the car before it happened."

"Why... why now? Where were you the whole year?"

With that question, Mew heaved a deep breath before he said. "I had an amnesia. I lost my memories."

Imagining Mew's hardships during and after the accident made his mother cry once again. She felt really bad for not being able to be there when her son needed someone to survive. And living his life without knowing who he really was, made his mother more emotional. They continued to live their life thinking that their son was dead when the truth was he's alive with no memories at all. She pulled her son in an embrace as she cried even more. Then, Mew's sister came running towards them and she immediately hugged her older brother.

After noticing his sister, Mew pulled his sister to give Jom a hug. Mew and his younger sister were very close to each other though there were times that they would be fighting. It's normal for siblings to fight anyway. Even though they're always fighting, Mew is possessive to his sister and very caring as well that's why Jom loves her brother so much. 

As for Mew's father, he was still frozen in his tracks, trying to digest everything that he's seeing. He couldn't bring himself to approach to his son and hug him just like what his wife and daughter did. Without everyone knowing, except his family, Mew's father blamed himself for what happened to his son. If he didn't ask Mew to go to Rayong and attend the meeting instead of him, Mew wouldn't be in an accident. Everyone wouldn't be experiencing pain because of him. He couldn't forgive himself for what he had done.

Mew's eyes landed on his father who was just standing from a far while staring at him. When his mother and sister let go from the hug, he called his father. "Dad..."

A sad smile was seen on his father's face when he called him. His father walked towards him and Mew did the same thing as well. When they met halfway, Mew's father stared at his son. He then place his hand on Mew's shoulder, he cried and said. "I'm sorry, my son. It was all my fault."

Mew shook his head. "No dad, it wasn't your fault. No one is at fault."

"But I am the one who asked you to go there instead of me."

"Dad, don't blame yourself. Please. I'm alive and that's the most important thing, right?"

When he thought that his own son would curse him for ruining his life, but what he thought was wrong. A smile suddenly spread across his face as he pulled Mew in his arms. Then Mew's mother and Jom joined the two, they hugged Mew so tight like it would be the last time for them to hold him.

Boat, Mild, and Run were teary as they witnessed Mew's reunion with his family after a year. Gulf also shed tears while staring at them. He was thankful that Mew came back to be with them.

After his family, Mew also received an embrace from Gulf's mother and father who were teary as they stood in front of him. Once they were done showering Mew with hugs, they had their dinner and Mew's mother was taking good care of her son as she placed so much food on Mew's plate. Gulf and his friends, who knew that Mew is always on a diet chuckled at the sight of him eating all the food that his mother put on his plate for him.


"So, that's how it was?" Mew's mother said. They were all gathered at the living room, listening to Mew's story while eating the dessert that Jom and Grace made.

Mew told everyone about how did the accident happen, how did he survive, and what happened after he woke up. When he mentioned that he had an amnesia, they all widened their eyes, except Gulf and his friends who already knew about it. He told them that it was the reason why he couldn't come back home. 

Boat, Mild, and Run didn't stay silent as Mew told them everything. They also shared how they meet Mew and their efforts to bring Mew's memories back. 

"Hmmm, that's all that happened." Mew answered before looking at Gulf and the others. "If it wasn't for them, maybe I'm still in Surat Thani."

"Ohh~ It's nothing Pi." Boat answered.

"Yes, it's really nothing. But... ohoo~" Mild shook his head at Mew. "I almost lost my temper because of you, P'Mew. I didn't know that it was that challenging to make you remember everything."

Because of Mild, complaining about how difficult it was for them to make the older remember his past, everyone bursted out into a fit of laughter.

"Sorry Nong Mild~ sorry." Mew cooed at the younger.

"Before I forget, tomorrow is supposed to be your... death anniversary." Mew's mother reminded him and everyone. "We already prepared everything for tomorrow's ceremony. But since you're here with us now, Gulf's mother and I decided to change the event as your welcome home party."

"Mom~ there's no need for that."

"But, Mew..." It was Gulf's mother. "...your mom wants to celebrate now that you're back. She wanted to give you the warmest welcome."

"Yes, P'Mew." Jom added. "Our relatives would be coming here as well. So, having the party is a good opportunity for us to tell everyone that you're finally back. Besides Pi, we don't want everyone to collapse after seeing you, right?"

Three versus one, and if Mew continued to disagree he's sure that others would speak up as well. So instead of arguing with them, he just nodded his head, agreeing to whatever plans they had.

 

 

 

 

It was already late at night when everyone started going back home. The first one who left was Run, he has to reschedule some dance classes for the next day since he would be taking a day off. Did not want to be left behind, Boat and Mild excused themselves as well and they went home together with Run. Gulf's family could just sleep at the guest room, but Gulf's mother insisted to go back home without Gulf. They were going to let their son stay to be with Mew.

At first, Gulf rejected the idea of him staying with Mew because he wanted the older to spend more time with his family. But even Mew's family, insisted for Gulf to stay. Both families knew how much Gulf suffered when Mew disappeared. After saying their goodbyes, Gulf sent his parents off while Mew helped his mother in preparing his room.


"Mom, are you really sure that I can stay here tonight?" 

"Of course, when did we restrict you about staying with him?"

"No, that's not what I mean..."

"Son..." His fathed jumped in. "Mew just recovered from his amnesia and prior to his return, you were the one who was with him. If there are some problems, you can handle him well and they also want you to stay here with him. We'll be coming here tomorrow morning, so there's no need to worry."

All he wanted was to give Mew some alone time with his family. But having no chance in winning against his parents, Gulf let out a deep breath then he nodded his head afterwards. "Fine, I'll stay here."

"Good."

"And before we leave, there's something that we want to say." His mother suddenly said. "We... we're sorry. You're dad and I, we want to apologize to you."

A sudden apology was uttered by his mother and Gulf was confused to why she said it. He couldn't remember anything that his parents had done something that would make them apologize to him. 

"Why? Why are you saying sorry?"

"All this time, you were right. That Mew is still alive. And we're sorry for not believing you. When your mother and I saw Mew a while ago, we feel bad for not believing you before."

Memories of him trying to convince his parents that Mew isn't dead and he saw him at the milk tea shop were replayed in his mind. He remembered how disappointed he was to them. They looked at him like he had gone crazy and he's hopeless. "Dad~ it's all in the past."

"But still, we want to apologize. Your sister believes you and tries to convince us about it, but we didn't listen."

"It's okay. I understand." To reassure his parents, he grabbed each of their hands and held it. "I... I was disappointed at that time. A little, just a little bit." He cutely pouted in front of his parents. "But, let's just forget about it. Okay?"

Both of them took a quick glance at each other, then nodded their heads at their son. With a smile, they thanked their son for not holding a bad feeling against them. It's not only them who expressed gratitude, because Gulf didn't forget to thank his parents for sending him in Surat Thani. If it wasn't because of their decision to send him at the province, Gulf would never see Mew.

Their conversation was cut when Grace complained to her parents for taking too long in talking to her younger brother, saying that it's like they wouldn't see Gulf the next day. Ending their conversation with laughter, Gulf waved them off and waited until his parents slowly disappeared from his sight.

 

 

 

"You should be taking a rest now, why are you still here?" Mew's mother asked her son. She was helping their housekeeper cleaning the kitchen when Mew came.

"I came down to get some fruits." He answered.

"Ohhh~ Okay, I'll get some strawberries for you. It's your favorite, right?"

It made Mew smile, his mother really knew him that even his favorite fruit, she remembered it. His mother glanced at him after getting a pack of strawberries from the fridge and she saw her son smiling at her.

"Why? I thought it's only Gulf who can make you smile like that?"

"Mom~" Whining, after his mother .

"Oh! Where's Gulf anyway?"

"He's taking a shower."

"I see." Standing at the kitchen island, she started removing the leaves of the strawberries after washing it. Then cut them into half. "Gulf..." She sighed, making Mew to look at her. "I didn't mentioned it a while ago because I don't want to recall the past in front of him. But... he was the one who suffered the most after your accident."

"I heard about it, but they didn't go into details. So I don't know much about it."

Once she's done preparing the strawberries for Mew, she placed it in front of her son and said. "We were all devastated, but Gulf was more devastated than us. His whole world literally collapsed. As we delivered the news to him, it was... it was really difficult for us. We don't know how to start it."

Mew's mother recalled everything from the start, telling her son how hurt Gulf was after he was gone. "Once he knew about it, he couldn't stop crying. He cried and cried while calling your name, until he fell asleep. When we tried to discuss to him your funeral, Gulf was opposed to it. He strongly disagreed and said that he would go to Rayong and find you. Your boyfriend is really stubborn, my son." Said his mom with a smile on her face before she continued. "But we didn't allow him, and we just let the police handle the investigation. The first day of the funeral took place on the same date with your wedding. Gulf appeared at the temple while holding the flower that you like. It was heartbreaking. No one knew that your supposed to be wedding day would turn into a funeral ceremony."

He remembered it. He saw it on Gulf's social media account. It was his picture with the forget me not flowers and he didn't know that Gulf personally brought it at the temple, not until his mother spill it.

"Few weeks after the funeral, we tried to get some news about Gulf. We heard how his world stopped spinning. He quit his job, locked himself in his room, didn't want to eat. Until we received a news saying that Gulf... attempted suicide in your apartment. Thankfully his mother came and stopped him."

Mew was taking another bite of the strawberries when his mother mentioned about Gulf's suicide. He was totally shocked that the strawberry dropped from his grip and his eyes widened. "What? H-he attempted  suicide?"

She nodded. "His mother brought him to a psychiatrist after that and the doctor said that Gulf was experiencing grief, almost the same with depression. When he refused to undergo some therapies, I came to visit him. My heart broke after seeing him. He looked so defeated. I talked to him, hoping that it could encourage him. We were all happy when Gulf finally decided to have the treatment. He was doing fine after that. He even did a merit on your birthday. But... one day his family called us, saying that Gulf was held at the police station."

"Police station? What did he do?"

"They said, Gulf broke the traffic rules. The reason was he saw you, so he crossed the streets without minding the traffic lights and he tried to follow you while calling you out."

As he listened to his mom, he did remember the time when he came to Bangkok with Bosser. They were leaving at that time when he heard someone shouting. "That day..." He whispered.

"But you know..." She shook her head with a sad look on her face. "No one believes Gulf."

"But, Mom, he really saw me that day. I came here in Bangkok with Bosser, he's the manager at the resort."

"That's it, my son. If you didn't show up today, we wouldn't know that Gulf was actually telling the truth at that time." She said. "The psychiatrist told us that he's having grief hallucination. His parents felt so hopeless for Gulf's recovery, so they sent him to Surat Thani. He needed to be away from the city to cope up everything that he has been through and that's how you two met there."

Mew's mother reached out for her son's hands and held both of it. "I'm saying this not to make you feel guilty, but I'm saying this because I want you to know how much he loves you and treasures you even when you were gone."

Mew kept his eyes locked with his mother as he listened to her. Hearing everything what his mother said made him realize how much Gulf kept holding unto their promise. He couldn't imagine how Gulf went through those difficult times. Now, he realized why people kept on telling him that Gulf had been through a lot. 

 

 


When Mew came out after taking a shower, he found Gulf sitting on the bed with his back leaning against the headboard while playing a game on his phone. Mew sat on the bed beside his boyfriend while still wiping his hair with a towel.

"What are you playing?" Mew initiated a talk with the younger.

"ROV." 

"Aren't you tired?"

"Not really."

"You should take a rest now."

"Later." Gulf said without looking at him before he exclaimed. "Aw! I lost."

The younger heaved a deep breath after losing the game that he was playing. He looked at his boyfriend who's wiping his hair innocently. "Pi~ It's your fault."

Mew tried not to laugh at the younger, he raised his brows and asked. "Why is it my fault?"

"You kept on talking to me. I can't concentrate."

He hanged the towel on his shoulder before grabbing Gulf's phone and put it on the nightstand. Then, he faced the younger as he stared straight in his eyes. "Why? Can't I talk to you? I haven't talked to you for almost a year." Mew said with his soft voice.

"What are you talking about?" Gulf cutely pouted. He then grabbed the towel that was on Mew's shoulder and started wiping Mew's hair. "We've been talking since we met in the province."

"You were talking to New that time."

"Ohhh~ Okay, let's talk, P'MEW~" Emphasizing the older's name as he said it. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Hmmm, can you tell me what happened after you find out that I was dead?" 

With the older's question, it made Gulf to temporarily stop his action and glance at Mew. He slightly furrowed his brows, he was curious on why Mew suddenly asked about it. "That..." He murmured and continued to rub the towel on Mew's hair. "I... I cried, that's all."

"That's all?"

Gulf responded the older with a hum. But the response wasn't enough for Mew. After knowing what happened, he wanted to know the reason why, on why Gulf almost took his life because of him. For him, it was something that they needed to discuss.

"Only that? Don't you want to tell me more about it?" 

It's not only that, of course. How can he be so cool when the love of his life died? He remembered how his life shattered after Mew's accident. But it was all in the past, Gulf thought. There's no use if they're going to talk about it anyway. "What do you want me to say?"

Before he gave an answer, Mew held Gulf's hands, grabbed the towel and tossed it on the couch at the side of his bed. He wanted Gulf to focus just on him as they talked. "Tell me why did you do it."

"Do? Do what?" 

"Suicide."

Gulf was taken a back. He was surprised and confused. Where did Mew even get those information? Thinking that it was a sensitive topic, nobody dared to recall it to Gulf, not until Mew started asking about it. He gulped nervously as he tried to find excuses to avoid the topic that was already opened by the older. "I'm... I'm sleepy. I want to rest now, Pi." 

He grabbed the blanket and was about to lie down on the bed when Mew stopped him by holding his wrist. Gulf turned to look at Mew and saw him shaking his head. He sighed and sat on the bed facing the older. "Fine. Ask. I'll answer them."

"Why did you do it?"

"I was in deep pain." Gulf was expecting that question and so he answered it right away. "When I found out that you were gone, I was completely lost. I don't know what to do with my life without you. I know it was wrong, but at that time... it was the only thing that I could think of to be with you."

And without any words, Mew suddenly pulled Gulf into a hug. He was in the verge of crying. Listening to the younger, it made him wonder what did he do in the past to deserve someone like Gulf. He was too good for him.

"I'm sorry." Mew muttered, hugging the younger tight. "I'm sorry for causing the pain in your heart."

"Why are you sorry?"

"You were in pain for so long and I wasn't there beside you."

"It's true. You were not there beside me..."  Gulf snuggled close to the older, feeling Mew's warmth. "But you're always in my heart. You never left this place."

As Gulf snuggled closer to him, Mew gently kissed the younger's temple and said. "Don't ever do that again."

"I won't, I promise."

They stayed in that position, cuddling on the bed, as Mew continued asking the younger while Gulf gladly answered it. Mew learned a lot of things about what happened the whole year that he was gone. He couldn't help but to feel bad at Gulf and swore to himself that he would take care and protect Gulf no matter what happens. 

Mew continued listening to Gulf's story until Gulf fell asleep in his arms. When Gulf suddenly turned silent, Mew peeked at him and saw that his adorable boyfriend had fallen asleep already. He chuckled and slowly laid Gulf on the bed. He turned off the lights and hugged his boyfriend as they sleep.

 

 

 

 

After Mew left Surat Thani, things were slightly changed in Kaownah's life. His parents were staying at home, taking care of him while working as well. But it wasn't only his parents who were there for him, because Turbo never left his side. If Turbo wasn't around, it was Kaownah's parents who would take care of him, pouring all their attention to their son to avoid doing the same mistake as before.

Kaownah remembered what Mew told him before the older left, that Turbo likes him. Since Mew left, Kaownah didn't have the courage to confirm it to Turbo. If he really likes him or not. While he was thinking about it, he heard knocks on the door. Then, Turbo came with his lunch placed on a food tray.

"Kaownah, I have here your lunch." Turbo softly said.

Turbo placed the food tray on the bed. He set Kaownah's bed table and placed the food tray on it for Kaownah to comfortably have his lunch. But after setting everything, Kaownah didn't even budge. He just stared at the food before dropping a question to Turbo.

"Aren't you tired, Turbo?"

"What do you mean?"

"Aren't you tired taking care of me?"

"What's with you all of a sudden?" Turbo let out an awkward laugh. He touched the food on the small table, scopping it using the spoon and fed Kaownah. "Take a bite of your food."

"I don't want. Unless you answer my question."

With a sigh, Turbo put the spoon back to the plate. "If I'm tired, then surely, I won't be here anymore."

"So you see, I'm still here trying to make you eat right now. I'm not tired at all and I will never be tired when it comes to you."

"So... this is what they said. If you like someone, you should take good care of them. Then, it means you like me."

Turbo wasn't surprise at it. He had done a lot of things for Kaownah to notice him, but Kaownah was too slow to realize everything. "I'm not going to deny it."

"Why me? I'm not worth it. Can't you see? I'm in a state of ruin. You can find someone better."

"That's why I'm trying to rebuild you. But I can't do it if you're not going to help yourself as well." Looking down, Turbo found his hand slowly reaching for Kaownah's. A smile on Turbo's face was seen when he held Kaownah's hand, something that he wanted to do long time ago. "I don't want anyone else. For me, it's only you."

Minutes had passed and Kaownah just glued his eyes on Turbo, his hand slowly clasped unto Turbo's then he said. "Then... can you wait for me? I will rebuild myself, so that I'll be good enough for you."

Now that he knows Turbo's real feelings towards him, he realized that, it wasn't an unrequited love at all because Turbo also likes him. 

"No." Turbo responded right away which made Kaownah to raise his brows in surprise. "I won't let you do that alone. Let's do it together. I'll be here with you no matter what. Not only me, but also your mom and dad. We're always here for you."

He was broken, but never he expected that Turbo was ready to fix him. Kaownah let a tear dropped from his eyes. The last time he felt so broken was when his grandmother left him. His grandmother was the one who raised him and take care of him when his parents were busy with their business. But when his grandmother died, he was all alone. His parents' presence was hard to obtain. All he wanted was to have someone to be there for him, but he felt like a neglected child. 

Everytime Kaownah has someone with him, he became possessive and he didn't want to lose that person just like what happened to his grandmother. But life is unfair to him, all the people that he wanted to keep was taken away from him. When he's busy crying over those who left him, he didn't know that there's 
someone who's willing to stay. And it was Turbo.

Kaownah then nodded his head, agreeing at Turbo's statement. "Okay, let's do it together... with mom and dad as well."

And with that, Turbo sat on the bed beside Kaownah and gave him a tight embrace. When Kaownah felt Turbo's arms wrapped around him, he felt so secure making him to burry his face on Turbo's chest. Some people may left him, but now, he's sure that Turbo and his family would definitely stay.

 

 

 

 

"P'Mew~" Gulf whined. He was still sleeping peacefully, but Mew kept on blowing air in his ear making him to stir from his sleep.

"Wake up now, Bii. You need to go to work early today, right?"

"I'm sleepy~ don't bother me." Gulf pushed his boyfriend away from him.

"Aw! You don't want to wake up huh? Fine!" Failed to wake up his boyfriend, Mew used another method in waking up Gulf. Tickle him. 

The older started touching Gulf's belly to tickle him and as soon as he felt Mew tickling him, he started to scream and laugh at the same time. He screamed for the older to stop and told him that he's going to wake up already. With a big smile on his face, Gulf sat up on his bed after Mew let go of him.

"You really like teasing me."

"I was just trying to wake you up." Mew defended. "Okay! Let's shower now, I'll help you scrub your back."

"Only shower, okay?" Gulf reminded the older before they both headed to the bathroom and took a morning shower with a little make out of course because there's no such thing as only shower for Mew.

For the past few days, Gulf always hadnightmares about Mew leaving him for Kaownah. And having that sweet memory of Mew waking him up with a tickle, made him smile in his sleep. Gulf slowly opened his eyes when he realized that the sun has risen up. And the first thing that he saw was Mew, he caught his boyfriend comfortably staring at him. The older woke up early and stared at Gulf's face, admiring its beauty as he waited for the younger to wake up.

"Am I still dreaming?" He asked himself while looking at the older in front of him.

Still a little groggy from his sleep, Gulf lifted his hand and placed his palm on Mew's cheek. "But you look so real."

"I'm real." Mew mumbled softly. Then, he scooted closer to the younger.

"P'Mew..."

"Good morning Bii." He said, caressing Gulf's hair and followed it with a morning kiss on Gulf's lips.

After the kiss, Gulf, who was just staring at Mew for a minute, burried his face on Mew's wide chest. "Thought it was a dream again."

His return was completely surreal, so Mew understood his partner's feeling about it. Gulf was still doubtful and he had a feeling that Mew might disappear from him once again. Mew wrapped his arm around Gulf, he pulled the younger even closer to him.

"This isn't a dream anymore." He reassured the younger. "I've told you already. From now on, I'll be here with you. I won't leave you anymore."

 

 

 

 

It was a busy day, not only for Mew and Gulf but for their families as well. Before anything else, they all went to the temple to make merit for Mew's return. Mild, Boat, and Run were also at the temple. Once they were done with the merit, they went straight back home where they set the event at the garden of Jongcheveevat's residence. 

Lots of people came and the place was filled with joy. Some of their relatives broke down in tears after seeing Mew and gave him a tight embrace as their way of welcoming him back. It wasn't tears of pain, but it's tears of joy rather. They were happy and thankful that Mew was able to survive from the accident and came back to them.

As the sun started to set, visitors also started fleeing going back to their homes. But Gulf's family stayed to help clean the area after the event ended and for both families to have dinner together. During their dinner, Mew's mother brought up a certain topic that made the two boys stared to their families.

"Now that Mew is here, we were all curious about your plans for your wedding..." Mew's mother suddenly opened up. 

"Have you thought about the new date for it?" Gulf's mother continued.

All eyes were on them after that question was thrown. They were all curious if the two still had plans on resuming their wedding. Well, for Mew and Gulf it wasn't their parents who only asked about it because during the event, visitors also asked them the same question. And both of them were sure that the topic was brought up all of a sudden because of their visitors.

"Our relatives were asking us about it." Mew's father added. "They wanted to see both of you tying the knot."

"Not only them, but also us." It was Gulf's father.

Mew smiled at them. "We..." He glanced at Gulf who was just staring at his food, trying to think of a response to give to their parents. "We are glad to hear that. Gulf and I haven't talked about our wedding yet, right Gulf?"

But Gulf was so engrossed with his own thoughts that he didn't even hear Mew calling out his name.

"Gulf?" He called the younger's name once again and when Gulf still wasn't responding him, Mew held the younger's hand as he called him. "Gulf? Are you okay?"

Startled out of his thoughts, Gulf looked at the older beside him. "Huh?"

"I said that we haven't talked about it yet, right?"

"About what?"

"About our wedding." 

"Ohhh~" He cooed once he completely regained his senses. He eagerly nodded his head and said. "Y-Yes, P'Mew is right. We'll talk about it once everything is okay. P'Mew..." He took a quick glance at the older. "He just came back, so... I think it will be better if we give him time to get back to his normal life."

"Hmm, I guess Gulf is right." Gulf's mother agreed to her son.

"I think so too." Mew's mother smiled as she agreed. "Things like this should be plan carefully."

When everyone's attention transcended to the food in front of them. Gulf's face drastically changed. Talking about the wedding, it made him feel scared and nervous. But his thoughts were interrupted when Mew held and squeezed his hand, making him to look at his boyfriend sitting beside him.

"Are you okay?"

He smiled, trying his best to put on a real smile that won't make Mew doubt him. "Yeah, just a little tired but I'm fine."

"Oh, okay." Mew said and resumed eating his food.

 

 

 

 

In front of a bubble tea shop, Mew and Gulf were standing outside while the older looked up to read the name of the shop. He checked inside the shop through the glass window before shifting his attention to his boyfriend beside him.

"What? Do you remember this place?" Gulf asked, blinking his eyes multiple times.

"I've been here?"

"Yes! Don't you remember?"

The older innocently shook his head.

"Aw! You remember your past, but forgot the recent ones." Gulf murmured. "You went here with P'Bosser."

When he heard Bosser's name, that's when he remembered it. He came to that milk tea shop with Bosser before going back to Surat Thani. "Ohhh~ I remember now." He chuckled awkwardly. "Sorry, Bii. I didn't really check the name of the shop at that time. Then... why are we here?"

"I'm visiting a friend."

"A friend?" Mew repeated before Gulf held his hand and gently dragged him inside the bubble tea shop. 

As soon as they got inside, one of the staff inside the shop beamed at Gulf, like she was delighted after seeing the younger. That staff was Eye. She was at the counter when she saw Gulf entered the shop with a man behind him. She smiled so wide, glad to see the younger after more than a month.

"Nong Gulf~"

Mew leaned closer to Gulf and whispered in his ear. "I didn't know you have a friend here." Then, some staff came out, called Gulf's name as well and said hi. "Friends rather."

"P'Eye~"

"Nong Gulf~" Eye called out his name once again. "It's good to see you back here in Bangkok!"

"Pi~ I'm glad to see you as well."

Eye was smiling at Gulf when he spotted a fine young man behind the younger. She greeted the man behind Gulf before her gaze narrowed into a squint as she look back at Gulf. Eye scooted closer to Gulf and she whispered. "Is he..."

Sensing the older's curiosity of Mew's presence, Gulf then introduced the two to each other. "P'Mew, this is P'Eye, she's the owner of this shop."

"Ohh~" When he thought that Eye was just one of staff, but it turned out that she's the owner of the shop.

"Hi, Nong Mew."

Mew gave her a wai. 

"Pi, this is Mew, my---"

"Your fiance, right?" Eye cutely giggled afterwards. "Oyyy Nong Gulf, you have such a good taste. Your fiance is really handsome."

Shyly and awkwardly, Gulf let out a small smile at the older who's complimenting his boyfriend. Eye invited them to have a seat and treated them with desserts and drinks. They sat at the table for four people which was situated at the corner of the shop near the counter. Mew ordered a bubble tea while Gulf had a fruit tea and as soon as their ordered was served in front of them, they took a sip of their refreshments right away.

"Pi... Eye, thank you for these." Mew, slightly lifted his drink as he said.

"You are always welcome Nong."

"Pi, how was the shop?"

"It's good, but some customers were asking about you after you left. They were sad after knowing that you left. Not only our customers, but also us. But..." She glanced at Mew. "seeing that you're with him now, we were happy for you."

"Thank you Pi, but..." Gulf leaned forward, closer to Eye who was sitting in front of him and he whispered. "It wasn't that easy, Pi."

"Really? I remember you said that Mew has an amnesia, right? How did you get him back?"

Seeing the two whispering just beside him, Mew snorted at them and shook his head. "There's someone who went back here without telling me anything, Pi." Mew in, innocently sipping his drink. "I even need to find out everything on my own just to regain those memories that was lost."

After what Mew said, Eye's mouth formed into an o. But Gulf didn't want to stay silent. Mew sounded like it was even his fault, so Gulf didn't hesitate to let out his opinion for him to defend himself.

"Aw! Pi, I've already done my part. Everyone knew that I did my best to make that person remember me, but he's so dull-witted."

She chuckled. "Oyy, calm down you two. Calm down."

Gulf playefully sent his boyfriend a glare before excusing himself to go to the toilet, leaving only Mew and Eye at the table. When it was only the two of them left, Mew grabbed that chance to ask Eye about something that made him curious ever since they entered the shop. Before losing his memories, he's sure that he knew all friends of Gulf, but Eye, she didn't remember Gulf having a friend who owns a bubble tea shop.

"Hmm Pi, how long have you known Gulf?"

"Not that long. I've known him for... for almost two months."

"How did you know him?"

"Ohh Nong Gulf..." She muttered, remembering the time when Gulf came at the shop everyday to wait for Mew. "He was a customer of this shop."

"Customer?" Furrowing his brows as he asked. "But he doesn't like sweets."

"Right, but he comes here just to wait for someone. He would come here as soon as my shop opens and go home when it's close. When he's here, he usually sits there." Pointing his finger to the table near the door. "Everytime someone entered, he would lift his head and looked at those people... hoping that one of them is the person that he's looking for.Then, I got a chance to ask him why he was searching for that person and he said... it's his fiance. He said that his fiance got into a car accident a year ago. They all thought that he was dead, but Gulf saw him came out from this shop that's why he waited here everyday."

Mew stayed silent and he suddenly remember what his mother had told him, but his mother didn't mention about Gulf waiting for him at a bubble tea shop everyday.

"At first, Gulf hesitated to tell me about it because he was afraid that no one would believe him. I was glad that he trusted me that time. Seeing him making efforts just to see his fiance made me believe him. Seems like luck was on his side when one of my employees quit all of a sudden. I needed someone to fill in that position, then Gulf came at the shop once again. I hired him as my employee and helped him find you, all of us here in the shop were ready to lend him a hand. That's why we kept on searching for you even while he was in Surat Thani, but it turned out that you were there as well. And now Gulf finally got you back."

"Really? I... I didn't know about that. He didn't tell me about it."

"He didn't want you to get worried about him. You just got back your memories, of course he doesn't want you to feel stress."

"Right." Smiling as he agreed at what she said.

"What are you guys talking about hmm?" Gulf asked right after he came back.

"Nahh, just random things. Oh! I want to ask. Since you're together now, do you have plans on proceeding your marriage?"

Dropping a question about their wedding, Gulf wasn't able to answer it and he just turned silent. Just like what happened at the dinner with their family, Gulf was also silent after their wedding was mentioned and Mew noticed it. Instead of waiting for Gulf to answer, he decided to speak up.

"Not yet, Pi. We'll talk about it once everything is okay."

 

 

 

 

Going back home, Mew was driving the car and as he was driving, he kept on glancing at the younger beside him. Everytime their wedding would be brought up, Gulf turned silent like he didn't want to talk about it. And it made him question why?

"Bii?"

"Hmm?" Gulf answered right away, turning his head to look at the older. "What is it Boo?"

"Is there something wrong?"

"Wrong?" Furrowing his brows as he mumbled. "What do you mean?"

He glinted at the younger. "At the shop, you turned silent after P'Eye asked about the wedding."

And they're talking about the wedding again. "O-ohh..." Gulf uttered awkwardly.

"Not only at the shop, but also during the dinner. What's wrong?"

"I was thinking that... maybe... we should just cancel it. Let's not get married."