Coming Back

LOST MEMORIES

An hour before midnight, Gulf and his friends finally arrived in Bangkok after a long drive. Boat and Mild have already agreed that they would sleep at Run's house, so they just need to drop Gulf at his home before going straight to Run's house. Gulf informed his mother that they would arrive late, so there's no need for them to wait for him. But when he finally arrived home, his family were still awake, waiting for their son's arrival.

 

As soon as Gulf entered their house he hugged his mother tight and all of a sudden, he cried on her shoulders. Boat, Mild, and Run who stopped by for a while, witnessed how their friend broke down in tears in his mother's arms. And there's no need for them to ask since they knew the reason why their friend cried.

 

His mother hugged him tight as well, while his sister caressed his back. She was happy to see her son after a month, but she was confused to why her son suddenly cried. She pulled away a little, peeked at her son crying then she asked. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

 

"Nothing, mom." He sniffed. "I just miss you all."

 

His parents laughed as well as his sister. Gulf pulled away from his mother and gave his father and sister a tight hug as well. Gulf's parents only had a short talk with Mild, Boat, and Run since it was already late at night. They thanked their son's friends for dropping Gulf at home and for accompanying him at the province for a month. They also expressed their worries about the three who left their jobs just to be with Gulf. The three told them that it's their vacation leave and reassured that there's nothing to worry about. Once they were done catching up with Gulf's parents, the three left and headed to Run's house to finally have a rest after their long trip on the road.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ready to leave the province and go back to the city, Mew woke up early and prepared himself to leave. He stuffed his backpack that was given by Tong with his clothes, the picture frame, and Gulf's bracelet, while he wore his. But before he could leave, he had made a decision to go back to Kaownah's house to get some of his things, settle everything between him and the younger, and to say goodbye to the people who gave him a second life.

 

Mew politely expressed his gratitude at Tong's parents who also woke up early to prepare breakfast for him and Tong. He also received an advice from the elders on how to approach Gulf and fixed everything. They told him to try to understand Gulf because the younger went through a lot after his accident. They also mentioned that he was the reason why Gulf was sent by his parents in Surat Thani, but they didn't go to so much details. Mew felt totally guilty and he wished that he could teleport from the province going to the city so that he could see Gulf right away.

 

By the time First arrived at Tong's house, Mew said his goodbye to the elders and they wished him to get to Bangkok safely. They also teased Mew by telling him that they would be there on his wedding day with Gulf. It made Mew to smile shyly and he eagerly nodded his head as he told them that he's going to send them their wedding invitation. Then, he hopped in the passenger seat and left going to Kaownah's house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Instead of leaving the house to work, Kaownah's parents decided to stay at home and look after their son with Turbo. Both of them were at the living room with Bosser whom they called to come over to discuss about the resort. They're letting Bosser to manage the resort while they're taking care of their son at home.

 

While discussing, one of their housekeepers approached them and informed them that Mew came back. They were surprised and saw Mew entering the house with First and Tong behind him.

 

"New..." With a surprise look on her face, Kaownah's mother muttered his name and approached him. "I thought you were already in Bangkok."

 

"Mom..." Mew looked at her then he glanced at Kaownah's father and Bosser. "Mom, I'm sorry."

 

"Why? Why are you saying sorry?"

 

"I'm sorry because I'm going to leave you and dad, and also Kaownah."

 

"No, don't say that." She held Mew's hands. "Don't apologize. We know that this day will come. Your dad and I, we've prepared ourselves already. But Kaownah... he's not ready for this."

 

"Is he alright? Where is he?"

 

"He's in his room." Kaownah's father answered. "Do you want to talk to him?"

 

It took a while before Mew answered the question. "He might not want to see me. And also, I'm going back to Bangkok today. I just came to get some things. But... maybe I can try."

 

Before facing Kaownah, Mew went to his room and packed some of his things. He quickly cleaned his room and arranged everything. When he tried to check the drawers beside his desk, he saw the paper where he wrote all the information that he gathered from his conversation with Gulf. He grabbed his pen and scratched one information where he put a question mark beside it. After scratching it, he wrote 'Gulf's fiance is alive' and shoved the paper into his backpack.

 

Mew put on a small smile on his face when he looked around his room. He felt sad and happy at the same time. He's sad because he's leaving his home for a year. Most of the time, he's just in his room singing, playing the guitar, playing games on his phone, exercising, and sleeping. Despite of it, he's also happy because he could finally go back home. He zipped his backpack, hanged it on his shoulder, and grabbed Kaownah's guitar before he went out from his room.

 

While Mew was waiting outside, Kaownah's mother got inside her son's room. Kaownah was with Turbo, he was trying to pursue Kaownah to eat, but Kaownah wouldn't give in. Everytime Turbo would feed him, he avoided it by turning his head to the opposite direction or simply ignore it. His parents also tried to feed him, but he wouldn't budge and just looked out of the window. Ever since he woke up, he had never said anything even a word to anyone in the house.

 

When his mother came in, she approached Turbo and whispered in his ears, telling him that someone wanted to talk to Kaownah for a moment. Turbo followed Kaownah's mother going out of the room and he was shock to see Mew waiting outside.

 

"P'New? I thought you've left already." Turbo stated, he was shocked to see the older still in province.

 

"I'm leaving today, Turbo." Mew replied.

 

"Have you talked to P'Gulf already?" 

 

"Not yet, he had left when I arrived at Tong's house. I wasn't able to catch him yesterday."

 

Suddenly, Turbo's face turned gloomy. "P'New, I'm sorry. I know the truth, but I haven't said anything because Kaownah..."

 

"It's okay." Mew lightly tapped Turbo's shoulder. "I know. No need to apologize."

 

Turbo responded the older with a nod. "Then... I guess you want to talk to him, right? He's inside. I tried persuading him to eat, but he wouldn't listen."

 

"Really? I'll try to persuade him." That was Mew's last statement before he knocked on Kaownah's door and entered the room.

 

The younger was staring out of the window when Mew got in. Kaownah's eyes were swelling and he was obviously spacing out that he didn't even bother to check if who's entering his room. Mew slowly took steps closer to the younger, he placed Kaownah's guitar on the side and sat on a chair. 

 

"Kaownah..." Mew called.

 

Hearing Mew's soft voice, Kaownah stiffened and got tensed. He slowly turned his head at Mew's direction and when he sighted Mew in his room, his eyes widened. "P-P'New..."

 

Mew glanced at the food tray on the nightstand, he grabbed a bowl of rice soup and attempted to feed the younger. But Kaownah, being stubborn, just stared at it and asked. "Why are you still here? Didn't you go to see Gulf yesterday?"

 

"He already left when I arrived."

 

"Then... you're not leaving anymore?" Said Kaownah with a little hope in his voice. "You're staying here?"

 

It made Mew to purse his lips and slowly shook his head. "No. I just came here to get some of my things. I'm going to Bangkok today."

 

He felt ashamed for expecting too much when obviously, Mew would choose Gulf over him. Kaownah then looked out of the window once again. "You should go now."

 

"No, I want to settle everything before leaving." Mew said, but Kaownah didn't say anything. Sensing that Kaownah wouldn't really eat even if he fed him, Mew placed the bowl back on the tray. "Do you want me to leave while holding a grudge against you?"

 

The younger still didn't give a respond and started crying instead.

 

"Well, it should be like that, right? I shouldn't be here, talking to you and trying to fix everything. This is just a waste of time. Why am I even trying to resolve everything with you when you're the person who denied me from knowing my real identity?" He continued. "But I don't own that kind of mindset. Even though I want to resent you. I can't. Because you are a brother to me. And as I leave here, I want to keep those memories that we made. I don't want our friendship to end. That's the reason why I am here."

 

As Kaownah listened to the older's side, he kept on crying. His tears never stopped falling from his eyes. Deep inside, he's happy knowing that Mew didn't hate him just like what he thought. And the fact that Mew still wanted to retain their friendship made him much happier, even if being friends wasn't really what he wanted. Despite of it, his gaze still remained outside. He didn't want to look at the older because he's afraid that he might not want to let Mew leave.

 

Receiving nothing from the younger, Mew sighed. He wasn't annoyed because Kaownah just ignored him, he knew that the younger needed time to think about it and heal himself. He looked at the guitar that he placed on the side. Mew grabbed it and laid it on the bed beside Kaownah. "Thank you for letting me have your guitar. I'm returning it now."

 

"Your mom and dad, they're really worried about you. They don't want your anxiety to reoccur. It hurts them to see you being like this, so please think about them. Not only them, but also Turbo. Turbo, that kid... you may not know, but he likes you for a long time already." Mew grabbed the food tray from the nightstand and put it on a space on Kaownah's bed. "Don't make everything so hard for him, so you should eat."

 

"I guess that's all I wanted to say. I... I don't have much time, so I need to go now." Once Mew was done with his talk with Kaownah, he stood up from his seat. And for the last time, he stared at Kaownah as he said. "Take good care of yourself." He then turned around and left Kaownah's room.

 

After Mew left, he glanced at the door then to the food tray in front him, placed by Mew. He grabbed the guitar that Mew put beside him, he stared at it and cried. He remembered how Mew showed his interest at the guitar when he saw it at his mini studio. He set aside the guitar and slowly reached for the spoon and started eating the rice soup that his parents prepared for him. He sniffed everytime he took a bite of his food.

 

When Mew came out from Kaownah's room, he went downstairs where everyone was waiting for him including Tong and First who's answering lots of questions from Kaownah's parents and Bosser. They were asking the two about Mew because they wanted to know what the two knew about the younger. As soon as they saw Mew approaching them, Kaownah's mother stood up right away and ran to him. "New, how was it?"

 

"He didn't talk to me and refused to eat as well. He just keep on crying."

 

Her face saddened when she heard what Mew said and she turned to look at her husband with that facial expression. Kaownah's father wrapped an arm around his wife and caressed her arm to comfort his wife who's so worried about their son.

 

"This is my fault. I'm really sorry about this." Mew was apologetic about what happened.

 

"New, this is not your fault. Don't blame yourself." He said right away after hearing Mew's apology.

 

"Everything will be alright, P'New. He just needs some time." Turbo added, trying to make the older feel better.

 

"Mew..." It was Tong. "I hate to say this, but we need to leave now. The train going to Bangkok will leave in less than an hour."

 

"Okay, Pi."

 

"Then, First and I will wait for you in the car." Tong said before he and First excused themselves and went to where they parked their car.

 

Together with Bosser and Turbo, Kaownah's parents walked Mew going to the main door and said their goodbyes to Mew.

 

"Nong New..."

 

"P'Bosser~" Mew walked to the older and hugged him. "Thank you for bringing me with you going to Bangkok at that time, Pi. And for always driving me going to the hospital."

 

Bosser laughed at what Mew said. He lightly tapped Mew's back and said. "You're always welcome. When you have time, visit us here again." 

 

"I will, Pi." Mew answered after he pulled away from the hug. He smiled at Bosser before he shifted his attention to Turbo. 

 

They did a quick hug. Mew thanked Turbo for being one of his close friends at the province. Then Mew asked him a favor to take care of Kaownah in which Turbo quickly agreed, saying that he would always be there for Kaownah. Mew smiled and advised the younger to tell Kaownah about what he really felt for him. Turbo nudged Mew's side, cueing him to keep quiet when Kaownah's parents suspiciously glanced at him.

 

After teasing Turbo, Mew then looked at the two people who became his parents in the province. He remembered the time, when they took care of him. They gave Mew everything. They dressed him, gave him a shelter to live in, and treated him like their own son. 

 

"Mom, Dad, thank you so much for everything." He said while trying his best not to cry. He held each of their hands as he continued. "A thank you isn't enough, you've given me so much. Yet, everything ended this way."

 

Kaownah's parents glanced at each other. They were so touched at Mew when he started thanking them. "Oyyy~ Don't say that. We're not asking for anything in return. Hearing you thanking us for what we've done is already enough for us." She said.

 

"And now that you're going back to your family, I hope that you won't forget us." He added.

 

"Dad~ of course, I will never forget you. I will never forget everyone."

 

They opened their arms at Mew and with a smile, Mew scooted closer to them and hugged them both. They caressed Mew's back as they reminded him to care of himself and to come over if he has time. When they pulled away from the hug, Mew waved goodbye to them and was ready to hop in the car when Kaownah suddenly came down and called his name.

 

"P'New!" 

 

Everyone turned around as soon as they heard Kaownah's voice from behind. And they saw him, slowly taking steps on the stairs going down. Being so weak, Turbo ran to Kaownah's side and assisted him, guiding him going to Mew.

 

When Kaownah passed by his parents, his mother wanted to hold him and just let Mew go, but her husband held her. She looked at her husband and she saw him nodding his head, a sign that tells her to let their son say what he wanted to say.

 

"Pi..." He muttered when he's already facing the older. "Please tell Gulf... that I'm sorry. And to you also, I'm sorry Pi."

 

For some people, apologizing is a difficult thing to do. He was proud of Kaownah for bravely admitting his mistakes and apologized to the people whom he hurt. For the last time, before he's going to leave, Mew hugged his brother. He nodded his head and said. "I will tell him." He let go from the hug and looked at Kaownah in the eyes. "I forgot to say this a while ago. Kaownah, thank you for saving me on that day."

 

That was the last thing that Mew said before he waved goodbye at everyone, hopped inside the passenger seat and left the house. Kaownah was sniffing while staring at Mew leaving. Then, his parents pulled him into an embrace to comfort him. He cried even more when he felt his parents' arms around him and they shushed their son to stop him crying.

 

 

 

 

It didn't take that long and Mew finally arrived at Phunphin District where the train station was located. Together with Tong and First, they went to the ticket booth and bought a special express ticket going to Bangkok. After receiving his ticket, he checked the time of his arrival and learned that he only had a few minutes left before the train would leave.

 

"So, this is it. You're going back home." Tong declared while Mew was checking his ticket.

 

Mew nodded.

 

"How do you feel?" First curiously asked him.

 

"Honestly, I'm excited and scared at the same time. I don't know how to face my family as well as Gulf."

 

"I'm sure they'll be glad to see you, don't worry." Tong reassured the younger. "And Gulf, I know he'll be really happy. He's been waiting for a long time already."

 

"Thank you Pi." He smiled. "I think I should board the train now, it will leave in a few minutes."

 

"I see. I will call Run to fetch you at the train station when you arrive in Bangkok." Tong lightly tapped Mew's shoulder as his way of sending off the younger and giving him some encouragement as well. "Susu na."

 

"Have a safe trip!" First in which he received a nod from the older.

 

Mew took a quick glance at Tong and First before he slowly turned his back at them and headed to his station where he boarded the fastest service train going to the city. When he sat on his seat, hundreds of thoughts filled Mew's mind. After disappearing for a year, he's finally coming back and he didn't know how people would react after seeing him. Another thing was that Gulf, he's hoping that Gulf would give him another chance for them to start all over again.

 

Tong and First stayed at the station until Mew's train left. When Mew's train started to depart, they were there, standing and watching the train as it leaves. Tong wasn't worried at Mew, he knew that the older could fix everything and get Gulf back to him.

 

 

 

 

A loud ring from Gulf's alarm has woken him up from his sleep. Gulf tapped his bed, searching for his phone. And when he found it, he immediately turned the sound off. He checked the time and it was almost 2PM already. Gulf got up from his bed and just like what he would always do, he turned to look at his nighstand. But something was missing. Then, he remember that he left the picture frame in Surat Thani and even asked Tong to throw it away.

 

Instead of being sad, Gulf cheered himself by looking at the picture of his family that was also on his nightstand. He got off from his bed and went downstairs to have his meal. Smiling widely, Gulf greeted his parents when he saw them downstairs. He had his meal while talking to his parents about what he had done in Surat Thani. 

 

His parents were glad to see their son's cheerful behaviour after arriving from the province. They thought that their son had successfully cope up everything. They were afraid to bring up the topic about Mew, but they have to inform their son about their plan for the next day.

 

"Gulf... you know about the ceremony tomorrow right?" His mother opened up. "We will go to the temple tomorrow to pray for Mew. And tonight, the Jongcheveevat invited us to come over at their house for dinner and to finalize the ceremony as well now that you're already back from the province."

 

How could Gulf forget that? Of course he remembered. That's the reason why he came back when he could have extended his stay in the province. He then nodded his head with the same reaction plastered on his face despite of the sudden brought up of the topic about Mew. "Yes, I remember."

 

"And also, Mew's parents wanted to see you. They said that they miss you, so they're excited to see you tonight. Inform your friends as well to join us."

 

"Okay, I will. I can't wait to see them also. But... there's something that I want to get from the apartment. I would like to go there today and I'll go straight to their house afterwards."

 

When the apartment was mentioned, Gulf's parents exchanged gazes before they gave their son an answer. And then his father said. "I can go there with you."

 

"It's okay, dad. I can drive going there by myself. You can just go with mom."

 

"Hmmm, okay." His dad replied. It's not that they don't trust their son, they just wanted to make sure that he's safe. And the apartment, it was the place that they almost lost him, so it's just normal for them to get scared everytime their son would go there.

 

 

 

 

At Run's dance studio, Run was having a dance class when his phone kept on ringing. He wasn't able to pick up Tong's call since he was having a class. After the class, Run checked his phone to see Tong called him thrice. He dialed the older right away and after the third ring, Tong answered his call.

 

Tong asked him a favor to go to the train station and pick up someone. The older didn't mention who to pick up at the station, and just informed the younger that the person he's going to fetch already knew him. Even if he was still curious on who to fetch, Run just agreed at Tong's favor. It's Tong anyway, they owe him a lot.

 

Of course, Run wouldn't go to the station alone. He called Mild and Boat to ask if one of them was available to accompany him to the train station and it turned out that the two was done with their shifts already. Mild and Boat set up a place where they could meet and Run could pick them up.

 

Run drove to where they could pick up the two. And once he got Mild and Boat with him, they went straight to the train station since they were almost late already in picking up someone from the station.

 

Upon arriving at the train station, the three roamed around to find the person that they're going to fetch. And when Mild spotted a very familiar person sitting at the waiting area, he was frozen on his spot.

 

"Mild? What are you doing?" Boat confusedly asked as he spotted Mild just stood up and was spacing out.

 

"Have you the found the person that we're looking for?" Run asked his friend.

 

Without sparing a glance to his friends, Mild slowly nodded his head. He lifted his hand and his index finger pointing at someone at the waiting area. Boat and Run looked at Mild like he has gone crazy and followed to where his finger was pointing. From there, the two could understand why Mild became speechless when they also saw the person Mild was pointing at. 

 

"P'New?" The three of them whispered loudly in unison. "P'New?!" They repeated once again and this time, it was loud enough for the older to hear. Then they ran going to the older. 

 

When Mew heard his name being called, he looked at Mild, Boat, and Run's direction and saw the three running towards him. He stood up with a wide smile on his face, happy to see the three once again.

 

"I thought Run would be the only who's going to fetch me." Mew muttered, surprised to see the three coming to fetch him.

 

"P'New? What are you doing here?"

 

"Aw! Mild, don't you want me to go back home?"

 

"Home?" Boat repeated. "Your house is in Surat Thani, right?"

 

"No~" Mew chuckled. "I'm originally from Bangkok before the accident happened. Am I right?"

 

They all widened there eyes, they were all speechless again. They didn't know if their hunch is correct or not. None of them could bring themselves to ask the older if he got his memories back or not. And to answer their unspoken questions, Mew cleared it for them.

 

"My real name is Mew. If I remember it correctly, I have a boyfriend which is your friend, Gulf, and I'm set to marry him before I had an accident. Right?" Mew raised an eyebrow at the two with a smirk on his face. "I got my memories back."

 

"P'Mew~" They gasped and cooed in unison and launched themselves to the older.

 

"Finally, you remember it now!" Mild exclaimed.

 

Mew brought his hand up and flicked his friends' forehead with his finger. "And you guys didn't even say anything to me."

 

"We're sorry, Pi~" Boat said, rubbing his forehead where the older hit.

 

"We're not allowed to say anything because of Gulf." Run added.

 

"I know. Tong told me about it." Mew pursed his lips. "And... now that you've mentioned Gulf, I wanted to see him."

 

"No need to say it, Pi. We totally know that the first person you want to meet once you get back your memories is Gulf." Mild said, trying to tease the older. "Come on, we'll send you to his house. But, before that, let's have another hug. We really miss you, P'Mew!"

 

Mew rolled his eyes and shook his head at them. But he smiled afterwards and nodded, agreeing at their request for another hug. And right after he agreed, the three happily launched themselves at him once again. 

 

Run, Boat, and Mild kept on asking questions to Mew as they were on their way to Gulf's house. They asked him how did he get back his memories and escaped from Kaownah. He shared about what he saw on Kaownah's laptop and they were shocked to learn that Kaownah was actually stalking Gulf's account.

 

Mew also shared to them that he went at Tong's house to see them but they had left already. Mild confessed about his suggestion to Gulf to go back and tell him the truth, but Gulf was really determined to keep his promise with Kaownah and left the province without telling him the truth. 

 

Mild then decided to call Gulf and asked him if he's home. They set the phone to a loudspeak for Mew to hear at as well. When Gulf answered the call, Mew's heart was beating so fast after hearing Gulf's voice. Mild asked Gulf's location and said that he was at the apartment. Gulf also told them that he'll come over at Mew's house for a dinner and Mew's mom asked them to come as well. After Mild told Gulf that they'll be coming over at Mew's house for the said dinner, Gulf ended the call right away.

 

"So, Gulf is at the apartment?" Run asked Mild.

 

But before Mild could answer, Mew jumped into their conversation and asked in confusion. "Apartment? What apartment?"

 

"Aw! Don't you remember, P'Mew? You and Gulf are living together in an apartment." Boat explained.

 

The apartment that they've mentioned wasn't on Mew's mind. He stared at them and slowly, memories about the place was retrieved. "Ohh~ I forgot. I haven't fully remember everything."

 

"Hmm, it's okay Pi. Just take it slowly. You'll remember everything soon." Boat tried comforting and cheering him up in which the older nodded on agreement.

 

"Then, Run, can you drop me at the apartment where Gulf is?"

 

"Okay, I'll drop you there." 

 

 

Few minutes after Run made a reroute going to the apartment, they eventually arrived at the place and Mew stared at the building in front of them. The three have confirmed that Gulf was still inside their apartment after they spotted the younger's car parked at the parking area. Mew got off from the car and before he could go inside, Run asked him if he knew what floor their room was located.

 

Tightly furrowing his brows, Mew tried his best to remember it and thankfully, he did. He then nodded his head and told them that he did remember it. Mew let them leave first before he leisurely walked inside the building as he roamed his eyes around. When he got inside, he took the lift and pressed the number of the floor where their apartment can be found.

 

As the lift took him up, he suddenly felt an instant rush of emotions. He was nervous, scared, excited, and happy. The lift suddenly stopped at his floor and the doors swiftly opened. And when he lifted his head that's when he saw the door of their apartment. He went out of the lift and treaded towards their apartment.

 

Staring at the door made him to gulp nervously. Behind that door, he could find the person he's longing to see. Mew stood up in front of their apartment for a few minutes before he had the courage to lift his hand and reached the doorlock scanner. He placed his index finger and waited as it was being scanned. Then, the door finally unlocked. 

 

He pushed the door open, and slowly took steps going inside. A wave of emotions came across him and lots of memories suddenly played on his mind. He remembered when he and Gulf came at their apartment for the first time. He was covering Gulf's eyes as they entered the room and when he removed his hands, Gulf was so happy to see their apartment. The place where he's standing has a lot of good memories of them together. He smiled and looked around the place. It was still the same, nothing's change. 

 

Meanwhile, Gulf was in their bedroom. He was arranging his and Mew's stuff. He actually lied from his mom. Gulf said that he would come to the apartment to get something, but the truth was he just came to visit and think about the older at their place. Because after Mew's death anniversary, he would be focusing on himself and rebuilding his life once again.

 

Gulf was sitting on their bed while holding a bundle of their wedding invitation when he heard the main door unlocking. He furrowed his brows, his mother was already at Mew's house and there's no way that Mew's mother would come to their apartment. He stood up from the bed and went out of the room while still holding the invitations to check if whoever entered the apartment.

 

And when he came out, he saw someone standing in the living room while looking around the apartment. As soon as he saw that person, he almost freed the invitations from his grip. The person that was inside the apartment was none other than Mew. But he remembered, that Mew was in Surat Thani. And it's impossible for the older to appear in that place because he couldn't remember anything.

 

"Why am I seeing things again?" Gulf pursed his lips as he asked himself a question, thinking that the figure wasn't real and purely from his imagination only. 

 

While Mew was roaming his eyes around, Gulf suddenly came out from their bedroom while holding a bundle of cards on his hand. And after almost ten hours of traveling from Surat Thani to Bangkok, Mew got to see Gulf and it was all worth it. His lips curled into a small smile after seeing the younger, but he raised his eyebrows when Gulf asked himself about why he's seeing things.

 

Gulf shook his head to get rid of Mew's image in front of him. But he stiffened when he heard Mew speaks. 

 

"You're not seeing things." Mew said. "I'm real."

 

To know that it wasn't just only an imagination, Gulf slowly took steps going to the older. Once he's already close enough to Mew, he stared at the older straight in the eyes. His heart and mind was telling him that the person standing in front of him was actually real. 

 

But being a stubborn kid, Gulf didn't believe what his heart and mind was telling him. He raised his hand up, pointed his index finger, and carefully poked Mew chest as he held his breath. Upon realizing that he was real, Gulf's tears started to form in his eyes and he lifted his head to look at the older once again and softly whispered. "Boo?"

 

Mew heard it a few times before without knowing who's calling him and who's voice was it. After regaining his memories, he had known that it was Gulf who called him with that name. And hearing the younger calling him with that, made him so happy that it warmed his heart. He slowly nodded his head and said. "Yes. It's me, Bii."

 

"How? How did you remember everything?"

 

"I... I saw something. And the contents of it were all about us, it helped me retrieve my memories."

 

If Mild, Boat, and Run literally threw themselves at the older as soon as they saw him and knew that his memories were back, then it was different from Gulf. Because instead of hugging the older, Gulf shook his head as he took a step back from the older.

 

"B-but... what are you doing here?" Gulf asked while taking a step back. "You should be with Kaownah. I made a promise. I promised to him that I will not take you from him."

 

"Gulf..." Mew took a step forward and tried to reach for Gulf's hand to hold it, but Gulf continued to stay away from him.

 

"No, you should be with him." Gulf cried as he insisted it.

 

"Listen to me, Gulf." Tears welled from Mew's eyes. He didn't expect for Gulf to act that way, to push him away. Now, he knows why Gulf was afraid of telling him everything back when they were in the province. "It's over now. Forget about your promise with Kaownah. He has made a mistake and he's sorry for it. I'm here now and no one will take me away from you."

 

"He's sick. He needs you."

 

"He's not. Gulf, I'm here to be with you. Please don't push me away." The older said while tears continued to fall from his eyes. He then extended his arms, offering his hand for Gulf to hold like he was asking for the younger's acceptance. "We promise to stay together for a long time, right? I came back to fulfill it. Don't you want to fulfill that promise with me?"

 

Tears never stopped falling from the younger's eyes as he listened to Mew. Of course he wanted to fulfill the promise that they made, but things weren't on their side and it's better to just let go of that promise while holding it with so much pain in his heart. But now that Mew finally came back, he's thinking about holding unto it again. He glanced at Mew's hand in front of him then to the older. 

 

"Can you trust me again, Gulf? I will never leave you this time, I promise."

 

Gulf remained staring at Mew. He then sniffed and with shaking hands, he slowly reached for Mew's hand. Once his hand was on Mew's, Gulf burst out crying. Mew held Gulf's hand tight and pulled Gulf into a hug of comfort. 

 

"Boo..." Gulf sobbed. "I'm sorry."

 

"It's okay." Mew shushed him. He sniffed, he was also crying, but at that moment, he wanted to be strong for Gulf to hold on because his boyfriend needed his comfort. Gulf had suffered for a long time since he was gone and all he could do was to be there for the younger.

 

"I'm sorry for pushing you away." Gulf continued and this time, he slowly wrapped his arms around Mew, hugging his boyfriend so tight. "I didn't mean it."

 

"I know, I know." He softly whispered into the younger's ears. "It's okay." He caressed Gulf's back to calm him down.

 

 

After Mew successfully calmed Gulf down, they both sat on a couch at the living room. Gulf was resting his head on Mew's chest while the older was wrapping his arm around Gulf. They were both silent, no one dared to speak, until Mew decided to break the silent atmosphere.

 

He carefully grabbed the bundle of cards that Gulf was holding ever since he came out from their bedroom and he found out that it was actually their wedding invitations. They were supposed to give it to their guests after Mew came back from Rayong, but unfortunately, he wasn't able to come back.

 

"Why are you holding these?" He softly asked his boyfriend.

 

Gulf's gaze fell on the cards. "That... I was just looking into it."

 

Mew hummed. "Oh! I have something to return to you."

 

"Return? What return?"

 

Mew then reached for his backpack that he placed on the coffee table. He opened it and pulled Gulf's bracelet out from the bag. When their couple bracelet appeared in front of him, Gulf sat up straight. He got shock and he wanted to know how did Mew get it. Then, Mew grabbed his hand and wore the bracelet around his wrist.

 

"You..."

 

"How could you ask P'Tong to throw this away, hmm?" He playfully glared at his boyfriend. Seeing some tears left, Mew wiped Gulf's tears away using his hand.

 

"You met P'Tong? H-how?"

 

"It's a long story, but I will tell you everything later. Right now, we need to go to my house. You're going to have dinner with my family, right?"

 

But Gulf just stared at Mew with so much longing that he didn't even bother himself to ask if how the older knew about the said dinner. "You... are you really coming back home?"

 

With Gulf's question, Mew could understand the younger's doubt. He showed Gulf a smile, caressed the younger's hair and nodded his head thereafter. "Yes. And this time, I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay with you." He then pulled his sleeve up, and showed to the younger that he found his bracelet and was wearing while heading back to Bangkok.

 

"You found yours? I thought you've lost it."

 

"Kaownah keep it."

 

"He did?"

 

"Yes, he did." 

 

Gulf lightly the bracelet on Mew's wrist before he placed his hand beside Mew's hand. With teary eyes, Gulf looked at their wrists with their couple bracelet around it and he looked at Mew in so much happiness.

 

"Thank you for coming back, P'Mew. Thank you for coming back to me." Gulf let his tears dropped as he said it.

 

"And I'm sorry if it took a long time for me to come back." Mew responded, holding Gulf's hand this time. "You've been waiting for so long."

 

Gulf cutely shook his head as he sniffed. "It's okay. It's worth it anyway, because you're finally here."

 

It wasn't okay for Mew. But he was so proud of Gulf for being strong. If it happened the other way around, he wouldn't know what he's going to do. If Gulf suddenly disappeared just like what happened to him. He became teary as he thought about it. Mew leaned closer to Gulf and dropped a soft peck on Gulf's forehead before pulling him into a tight hug.

 

 

 

Soon after they had settled everything between them, Gulf and Mew left their apartment. There's no more heavy feeling in Gulf's heart when they left the place because after a year of pain, he's finally over it.

 

Gulf was the one who drove the car going to the older's house. On their way, Gulf could feel that the older was nervous. The older was thinking about meeting his parents after a year. It's understandable anyway, Mew's family thought that their son was dead already, but now that he's going to show himself, he's a little bit scared of their reaction.

 

To calm the older, Gulf reached Mew's hand and hold it without even sparing a glance at Mew. The older's gaze fell on Gulf's hand that was on him. He let out a deep breath and smiled as he held the younger's hand with both of his hands.

 

After a few minutes of driving, they finally arrived at Mew's house. While he's still inside the car, Mew looked around their house through the window. And just like their apartment, there's nothing much changes happened at their house. For him, it was still the same.

 

Both of them got off the car, Gulf had taken a few steps already but Mew remained on his spot. He couldn't bring himself to get inside their house. Sensing that the older didn't follow his tracks, Gulf turned around to see his boyfriend still standing beside his car. He let out a sigh before he went back to his nervous boyfriend.

 

"Don't you want to get inside?" Gulf asked him.

 

Looking so stressed, Mew answered. "I want, but..." He glanced at their house before he continued. "I'm nervous."

 

"It's okay, don't be nervous. They'll be happy to see you... alive. Hmm maybe they'll be shock... a little." Reassuring the older. 

 

"Oyy Bii, you're making me more nervous."

 

Gulf snorted after his boyfriend rolled his eyes at him. "Okay. Let's do it this way. I'll get inside first, then I'll just call you to get in."

 

"Okay, I think that's better."

 

And with that, Gulf left the older standing outside then he got inside the house. When he got in there, his and Mew's parents were talking at Mild, Boat, and Run. But when he entered, they all shifted their attention to him.

 

"Aw! Gulf, you're here!" Mew's mother exclaimed. She stood up from her seat and walked towards Gulf to give him a hug and beamed at the younger when she pulled away. "How are you na?"

 

"I'm doing great, mom."

 

"Ohhh~ I'm happy to hear that."

 

"Gulf, what took you so long at the apartment?" His mother asked. "They were waiting for you."

 

"I'm sorry, mom."

 

"It's okay, Gulf. We're glad to see you again after a month." Said Mew's father. "Since Gulf is already here, why don't we have our dinner now?"

 

"Right~ We prepared a lot of food. Your sister, Grace, helped Jom to bake a dessert. Come, let's eat now." Mew's mother attempted to gently dragged Gulf heading to the dining area when Gulf suddenly said something.

 

"Ahm, before that, there's someone that I want you to meet. Wait for a moment." Gulf trudge going back to the main door. He slightly opened the door, just small enough for him to see the person behind it. 

 

After calling that person whom he wanted them to meet, the main door slowly and swiftly swung opened followed by Mew who entered the house with his head hanged low. 

 

As soon as he got inside, he lifted his head and saw lots of faces that he hasn't seen for a year. He saw his mother, father, his younger sister, Gulf's parents and older sister as well as his friends who picked him up at the train station.