The Consequences

LOST MEMORIES

"Gulf..." New called the younger who's standing on the shore while following the waves of the ocean with his gaze.

When he heard a familiar voice behind him, Gulf put on a smile on his face. He turned to look at New from behind. "P'New~ what are you doing here?"

New walked closer and stood up beside him. "I saw you peacefully watching the sea, so I came to join."

Gulf gave a nod. "I envy the sea. It's so peaceful... and beautiful. Unlike my life, it's a mess and complicated."

New stared at Gulf. The younger's smile wiped out and his face was replaced with a sad look. "But you know that a mess can be fixed, right?"

"Not all."

"Maybe not all, but you can atleast try it."

"Then..." Gulf turned his head to look at the older standing beside him. "P'New, I have something to tell you."

He nodded. "What is it? I'm going to listen."

"Do you... still remember why I started to like the water?"

New squinted his eyes as he tried to remember it. They were in Khao Sok when Gulf told him about it. "I do. Your fiance who died from a car accident. He likes the water so much, right?"

"Right." He smiled when the older recalled it. "But my fiance didn't die."

"Aw!" New furrowed his brows. "But you said he died."

"We all thought that, but he survived. The only problem is that... he can't remember anything. He didn't know me anymore."

"Then... where is he now?"

Gulf stood up in front of New. He lifted his head and looked at the older straight in the eyes and said. "He's here. He's standing in front of me."

"He's here?" New mumbled. "He's standing..." He roamed his eyes around the area, looking for Gulf's fiance, but it was only the two of them at the shore. Then it hit him. The person that Gulf was talking about was him. "... in front of you." And his gaze fell upon Gulf. "I am the person standing in front of you."

"Right." Gulf said it softly. "You're my fiance... P'Mew."

New turned silent for a moment as he tried to sink in all the information. Then, he chuckled. "You're crazy. What kind of joke was that?"

"But I'm not joking. I'm telling the truth." Gulf insisted.

New shook his head at Gulf. "Gulf, I'm not your fiance. I'm not... Mew. And also, I have Kaownah. I like him. I can't just leave him and marry you."

"B-but..."

"I'm sorry, Gulf." New apologized before he slowly walked away from the younger. Gulf tried to grabbed New's arms, but New kept on pushing his hands away.

"Where are you going? P'Mew... come back! P'Mew!"

"Gulf?" First shook Gulf's body as he tried to wake him up in his sleep. Gulf was having a nightmare and he kept on shouting, making First to immediately ran at Gulf's room. "Gulf? Wake up! Gulf!"

Gulf woke up with a gasp. His eyes were full of tears while he was gasping for air. He looked around the room, searching for Mew. But everything was just a dream. First helped him to sit on the bed. "First?" He uttered weakly.

"Are you okay? You were having a nightmare."

"I..." Gulf tried to frame a sentence, but he couldn't and his tears kept on falling from his eyes. "I..."

"It's okay. Don't force yourself." First said it softly and lifted his hand up to wipe away Gulf's tears.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Gulf asked him.

"I came to check on you." First said. "Boat and Mild were at the kitchen, they told me that you're sleeping. I came up when I heard your voice while I was at the living room."

"Are you okay now?" First continued when Gulf just stayed silent.

Gulf stared at First before he slowly nodded his head. "My fever was gone already."

It wasn't the first time that he had a dream about Mew and Kaownah. In fact, when he stayed at First's house, he had the same dream. And when he woke up, he was crying and First was there to comfort him. Not only that, First also found out that Gulf had a fever that night.

When he tried to excuse himself from Gulf to get medicine, Gulf's hands tightly gripping his wrist, stopping him from leaving. Gulf commanded him to just stay, but he needed to leave and get medicine for Gulf.

After First reassured him that he would be back after getting a medicine. Gulf agreed as he withdrew his hands from gripping First's wrist. First smiled at him before he went out of the room to get that things that he need.

When First got back, he saw Gulf staring out of the window. He gave Gulf a medicine for fever before he helped him lie down on his bed. First also brought a basin with water and towel in it to help Gulf lower his temperature.

He started wiping Gulf's neck and the other parts of Gulf's body afterwards, to help Gulf eased his fever. First didn't say anything as he was doing it and when he glanced at Gulf, he saw him drifting back to his sleep.

First stayed beside Gulf until the morning comes. He was holding Gulf's hand and Gulf tightly held his hands as well. He wanted to go back to his room and get a relaxing sleep, but he chose to stay beside Gulf in case he would have a nightmare once again. Atleast he could calm Gulf and make him feel that he's not alone.

Those were the reasons why First stayed up all night. He really took good care of Gulf. Now that Gulf had a nightmare once again, First was glad that he was there when it happened. Comforting Gulf to make him feel safe was the least thing he could do. For First, as long as he's there beside Gulf, he wouldn't let anything bad happen to him.




 

With only few days left in Surat Thani, Gulf started enjoying and spending his days wisely. It's true that he had a lot of things to consider, but he wanted to set them aside and look for the brighter and peaceful side of his life. After all, his parents sent him to Surat Thani in order for him to recover, but it turned out that he was even stressed at the province.

To enjoy their few days at the province, Tong gave them a break and brought them to the mall. He gave the kids a tour around the Sahathai Garden Plaza, one of the shopping malls in the province. There were a lot of things to enjoy inside. Tong also invited First to come with them as his way of thanking the younger for taking good care of Gulf.

First arrived at the mall during lunch. They had their lunch at one of the restaurants inside the mall. Of course, it was Tong's treat for them. After their lunch, they started buying some souvenirs that they could bring back to the city.

The shopping mall wasn't the only place that they visited because when the night comes, Tong and First brought them to the night market. First said that their stay in Surat Thani wouldn't be complete if they didn't visit the market. They had their dinner first at Oyster farm before going to the night market. The province is also famous for their oyster, that's why Tong chose to eat at that place.

At the night market, there were a lot of things that they could enjoy. They let the boys tasted the exotic fruit in their province and the delicious salty duck eggs. Before heading back home, they bought some delicacies and local handicrafts like the famous silk products.

"Ohooo~ that was super fun." Mild commented after he slumped his exhausted body on the couch at the living room.

It wasn't only Mild who was tired, but all of them. As soon as they got home, they all slumped their bodies on the couch. They got tired after visiting a lot of shops at the mall and at the night market.

"I was tired roaming around the whole day." Boat said. "But it was all worth it."

"Right~ P'Tong, I didn't know that your province has a lot of shopping malls." Run stated.

Tong smiled, then he looked at Gulf who's busy checking the things they bought. "Is there something wrong, Gulf?"

"No, Pi. I was just checking." He answered with a small smile.

"Hmm, did you enjoy?"

Gulf cutely nodded his head multiple times. "I miss going to night market, so I was glad when you and First suggested it."

"Glad that you guys had fun." He stood up from his seat and said. "It's been a long day. You should take a rest now. Go to your rooms and take a shower."

"Yes, father~" Gulf tried to tease the older in which his friends burst out laughing and they also teased Tong by calling him father.

"You guys won't have your breakfast tomorrow."

"Aw! We're just kidding, P'Tong~" Gulf cooed. Tong just shook his head with a wide smile on his face before he went inside his room. He would surely miss them once they go back to the city.



 

At the bar, New was focusing on his practice that he didn't notice Gulf came in. Gulf just stared at New from a corner while he was busy practicing a song with his guitar. After what happened on that night, Gulf never wanted to see New even if the older attempted to talk to him many times.

While practicing, New felt that someone was staring at him. And so he lifted his head and started roaming his eyes around. Then, he saw Gulf staring at him from a corner.

"Gulf..." He mumbled almost in a whisper. He was surprised to see Gulf after how many days. He slowly placed his guitar down to approach the younger, but before he could even take steps, Gulf walked towards him.

"How's your practice?" Gulf asked New with a smile on his face, just like nothing happened.

Instead of reminding about what happened, New just went along with Gulf. "It's great. Run and I finished sorting out the songs that we will use tomorrow."

"Hmm, I see."

Silence. They turned silent and just stared at each other. Then...

"Gulf?"

"Hmm?" Gulf hummed, raising his brows at the older, obviously waiting for New to continue what he wanted to say.

"About what happened, I'm sorry." New finally addressed his apology to the younger. "It was actually a misunderstanding. Kaownah and I..."

"I understand. It's okay."

Even though Gulf said that he's okay, and even putting on a smile on his face, New wasn't convinced at all. He knew that he needed to explain more. "But, it's not what you think. We didn't kiss just like what you were thinking at that night. He's only my friend and my brother."

Before, Gulf was so certain that Kaownah and New did kiss. But after hearing New's side, and thinking what Tong said. It was just really the angle that made them look like they were kissing. And New, he didn't like Kaownah just like how much Kaownah likes him. "I know. Don't worry, I already forget about it."

"But..."

"Hmm, if you're really sorry... then how about you do something for me so that you don't have to worry about it anymore?"

"Sure!" New immediately exclaimed as he answered. "What do you want me to do?"

"Easy~ Let's go out tomorrow. Only the two of us... for the whole day."




 

Since the two were completely opposite, Gulf likes the ground and New likes the water, they decided to have both activities. They'll go visit the mountains in the morning while they'll go to the beach in the afternoon. The night before their trip, Gulf asked permission to borrow Tong's car, telling the older that he would be going out with New for the whole day. They were having their dinner at that time when Gulf asked permission.

As soon as Gulf mentioned his plan about going out with New, they all turned to look at him. When his friends gave him an awkward stare, Gulf just sent them a cheeky smile. He said that he talked to the older already and it was New's peace offering to him that's why they were going out together. No one bothered to drop follow up questions as they knew that they would just receive the same answer. That it's part of New's apology and there's nothing going on between them.

Since they need to leave early, Gulf kept on whining that he's still sleepy and he wanted to sleep in the car on the way to Khao Thep Pitak, which means New would be driving. But ever since New arrived at the province, he has never tried driving again. New once tried it, but when he held the steering wheel his head hurt and the memories of his car accident replayed on his mind. But those memories weren't clear. New opened up to Gulf about his trauma in driving because of the accident.

Sensing that New got tense just thinking about him driving, Gulf disregarded his plan sleeping on the road and said that he would just drive instead. But New, he bravely volunteered to drive the car. After he kept on insisting, Gulf finally gave up and let the older drive.

Gulping nervously, New slowly lifted his hands to hold the steering wheel. Those unclear memories flashed on his head once again, but he ignored them. As he was also trying to get rid of his trauma in driving. He couldn't live his life depending on other people to drive for him, especially Bosser. Bosser always drive the car for him even when going to the hospital for his monthly check up, or taking him home after his gig at the bar. He was thankful for the older for everything that he had done.

Gulf was worried at New, but he knew that nobody could help the older other than himself. He muttered encouraging words to the older to cheer him up and that made New to slowly calm himself down. New tried to turn on the engine and he started driving afterwards, but his hands were shaking. He abruptly stopped the car and breathed heavily.

Gulf reached for New's hand and held it. "Try it again."

With Gulf's encouragement, New smiled and gave him a nod. He started the engine once again, held the steering wheel and slowly drove away. When he felt calm and comfortable driving, he beamed in happiness. Then he stopped the car and looked at Gulf. "I did it!" He exclaimed happily.

Gulf then let out a soft chuckle. He thought that the older was still anxious, but he just stopped to happily declare that he finally did it. He gave the older an applause as he proudly looked at him. "Yeah, you really did it! Then... can you drive going to Khao Thep Pitak?"

"Yes, I can!"

"Good~ because I really want to sleep. Let's go now!" Gulf stated and he comfortably sat in the passenger seat. He closed his eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.

"Aw! Gulf~ Aren't you afraid that I will crash the car on a tree or something?"

"If we crash, then crash. If we die, then just die together." Gulf muttered without sparing a glance to the older.

New hit the younger's head with his hand for saying such thing, but he hit Gulf in a gentle way. "Fine! I'm driving now."

While New was driving, he glanced at Gulf who's sleeping peacefully at the passenger seat. He smiled and focused his attention back to the road. For New, he wasn't expecting that he would be given a chance to be with Gulf after what happened. He thought that it was the end of everything. He could see how much the younger was hurt and how Gulf refused to talk to him. But now, he wanted to focus on Gulf and cherish every second that they're together.

Once they reached the place, New and Gulf still needed to trek going to the mountain. Khao Thep Pitak is a famous mountain in the province because of it's heart-shaped and the place was personally chosen by New for Gulf to see. Trekking isn't really a problem to Gulf since he likes it anyway, but for New, it's a bit difficult. He didn't like walking for long distances, but as long as he's with Gulf then he could endure everything.

When they almost arrived to where they could see the mountain, they walked on a trail with lots of plants whose stem crept along the ground. New remembered that it was the reason why Gulf tripped in Khao Sok, so he turned to look at the younger.

"What?" Gulf asked when New turned to look at him, making him totally confuse.

"Let me carry you."

"Ha?!" He exclaimed after New wanted to carry him out of the blue. "Carry me? Why?"

"Look!" He pointed the vines around them. "This plant made you stumble in Khao Sok, right? You might get hurt again."

"Wow~ you remember. But it's okay, I'll be careful."

"No, just get on my back." New bent in front of him, for him to climb up. "Come on."

"It's okay, P'New. We're almost there anyway." Gulf continued to refuse New's offer.

"I insist. If you stumble again, how can you enjoy the rest of our trip?"

"Fine." He finally agreed after realizing that New was right. They had the whole day to enjoy, and if he got hurt, it would be a big problem.

After a few minutes of trekking the forest with New carrying Gulf on his back, they finally arrived at a beautiful suspension bridge with the backdrop of a heart-shaped mountain.

"Wow~" Gulf stared at the mountain in an awe.

"Beautiful, right? Let's take a picture." New said as he grabbed his phone from his pocket and positioned his camera in front of them.

New counted to three before capturing a photo of him still carrying Gulf from behind and the beautiful Khao Thep Pitak behind them. They took three photos before Gulf asked the older to put him down. Gulf looked around the area and took photos of the mountain and the suspension bridge as well. While Gulf was busy taking photos, New was reviewing the photo that he captured and when he looked at their photo, New slowly drew his brows into a pucker.

There were unclear images flashing on his mind as he looked at his photo with Gulf. Even though they were unclear, he could see himself carrying someone on his back, just like how he carried Gulf, but he couldn't see the face of the person. He shook his head to get rid of those images in his mind. He didn't want Gulf to see him and make him worried, it would only ruin their trip.

But New wasn't able to escape it. Because right after Gulf took photos, when he turned around, he saw New shaking his head with his eyes closed. "Are you okay?"

New nodded his head right away while taking a deep breath. "I'm fine. Do you want to take more photos?"

"Yes!" He answered and asked a tourist to help them take a photo together in the middle of the suspension bridge. "Hi, could you help us take a photo?" Gulf asked the tourist in English.

"Yeah, sure!" The female tourist answered and got New's camera when he handed it to her. She took a few steps back before he lifted the camera in front of her. "Okay. 1, 2, 3~ Great!"

She took 3 to 5 photos of New and Gulf. When she tried checking her shots before returning the phone to New, it made her lips twitched into a sweet smile. She walked closer to them and gave the phone back to New as she said. "The photos are perfect. You guys are such a cute and lovely couple."

"Thank you~" New thanked the female tourist with a wide smile on his face and as soon as the tourist left, he received a nudge from Gulf. "Why?"

"Thank you~" Gulf mimicked New. "Why you didn't tell her that we're not a couple?"

"Aw! Aren't we a couple yet?"

"P'New~" Gulf cooed. He got shy after New . "Let's go now!" He turned around, attempting to leave the older in the middle of the bridge.

"Wait!" He tried to stop the younger by holding Gulf's wrist. When Gulf's gaze fell on him, their eyes met and New slowly moved his hand from Gulf's wrist going to the younger's hand. "How about we become a couple today?"

"Crazy~"

"I'm serious."

They are really couple and even set to get married. That's what running on Gulf's mind as he stared at New when the older mentioned about them becoming a couple. He glanced at their hands and he slowly intertwined his hand with New's and said. "How about we become a couple today? Only today? Okay, deal! We'll be a couple for the whole day."

"Gulf~ That's not what I mean."

"Come on, let's go there!" Gulf dragged New going to the other side of the bridge, ignoring New who's whining behind him.

The two of them continued trekking to the other side of the bridge with their hands intertwined. They stopped when they found a variety of fruit orchards and a local restaurant where the two of them dined to try the local food.

It's already past lunch time when New and Gulf came down from the mountain. Their next stop is the beach. But before they would head to the beach, Gulf told New to stop at a seafood restaurant for their lunch. New likes seafood, especially raw food like sushi, so he chose that restaurant for the older.

Back when they used to dine at a seafood restaurant, Mew always asked Gulf to peel the crab for him since Gulf is really skillful at it. But now, knowing that New couldn't peel the crab for sure. Gulf took the initiative, he peeled the crab and handed it to New.

"Here, eat it." He said while he's waiting for New to get the crab from him.

Seeing a crab that was already peeled for him, he asked the younger. "Oh! You know that I can't peel?"

"No, I don't." He obviously lied. "I don't see you eating the crab, so I peeled some for you to eat."

"Hmm, thank you. I actually don't know how to peel it."

Once they were done with their lunch, they both proceeded to the beach. When they arrived, the two took lots of photos first. The weather was also nice and shady. It was just a perfect day to go and enjoy the beach. When they were done taking photos, New suddenly held Gulf's hand and dragged him to the water.

He tried to pull himself, but New was so strong. And the next thing that happened, Gulf just found himself being pushed by New into the water. New was laughing so hard while Gulf sent him a death glare and he began splashing the older with water. New was surprised at the sudden revenge, but he didn't want to let Gulf win as he splashed the water back to Gulf as well.

They spent more than an hour playing and enjoying with the water. Sometimes, they would run around and catch each other. New would also carry Gulf and throw him into the water or he would give Gulf a piggy back then dived.

The two were not just plainly playing with the water. Because there were times that their faces were just a few inches away and New kept on gazing at Gulf's lips. Gulf would splash water at New's face to distract his attention everytime he caught the older staring at his lips.

As soon as they got tired, they both laid their backs on the sand as they both breathe heavily while looking up the beautiful sky.

"Are you having fun?" Gulf asked without sparing a glance to the older beside him.

"Of course! I had so much fun." He exclaimed as he answered. "And also, I'm happy because I'm with you."

With the older's last statement, Gulf turned his head to the other side and he smiled secretly. He suddenly got shy because of New. He then nudge New's side with his shoulder after composing himself. "Ayy, you're such a sweet talker."

"But I'm serious." New got up and looked at Gulf who's still lying on the sand. "I'm happy because I'm with you."

Before Gulf could give an answer, he slowly pulled himself up first. "Same as me. I'm also really happy, because I had a chance to be with you again." Gulf was giving hints, but the older didn't even questioned his statement.

"I'm glad. I thought you'll get bored of me." He snorted.

"Why should I? I'll never get bored of you."

"Good~ because there are still a lot of things that we can do... together." New brought his hand up and fixed Gulf's hair. "So, you're not allowed to get bored or tired of me."

"T-together?" Gulf whispered loudly.

"Hmm, together."

"We're even just a couple for a day." Gulf stated with a chuckle.

"Then let's make it longer. Let's become a couple for a long time."

Gulf became silent afterwards. New was asking him to be his boyfriend, not for a day, not for a week, and definitely not for a month because the older wanted them to be together for a long time. And it made Gulf to reminisce the time when Mew asked him to be his boyfriend.

They were schoolmates in university. Gulf was studying sports Science while Mew was an engineering student. Their majors were different and their department buildings were far from each other as well. But Mew, he fell in love with Gulf when he went to a football match one time. At that time, Mew's department had a match with Gulf's department and he came to support his team but he wasn't aware that he would find the person that would make his heart beat fast from that football match.

Gulf looked so cool as he played football and that made Mew to fall in love with the younger. After the match, Mew tried his best to search for Gulf and to get to know him more. Thankfully, one of Mew's friend, Ja was also a friend of Gulf. Ja introduced the two to each other. From that day, they always exchanged messages. Gulf never imagined himself to be with a man, but when he met Mew, everything was changed. He started loving the care and attention that Mew gave to him. Until one day, Mew privately asked Gulf to be his boyfriend and Gulf gladly accepted the older.

While thinking about the past, Gulf put on a small smile on his face and said. "I really hope that I can be with you for a long time."

"Of course, we can. Trust me." New reassured.

Gulf didn't utter any words anymore and chose to stay silent. They were both staring at each other's eyes, until New suddenly moved his face closer to the younger. When Gulf noticed it, he knew what would happen next and he didn't bother to push the older away. Because he was also waiting for it.

When they were just a few inches away before their lips would touch, New came to a halt. He slowly lifted his hand and placed it on Gulf's cheek. Feeling New's warm hand against his cheek, Gulf slowly closed his eyes, devouring the older's touch.

When there's no contradiction from Gulf, New took it as a cue for him to lean closer and close the gap between their lips as he closed his eyes. And the next thing that Gulf felt was New's lips softly and gently landed against his. The place, the time, and the atmosphere were just perfect as the two of them kissed in front of the beach sunset.

There were hundreds of memories recalling on Gulf's mind because of their kiss. But it's not only Gulf who's recalling their memories together, because as soon as New's lips touched Gulf's, a familiar feeling suddenly came across him. New felt that kissing Gulf wasn't new to him at all. Not only that, because those unclear memories were flashing on New's mind once again until he mentally heard someone saying 'Boo~'.

Surprisingly, New broke the kiss and accidentally pushed Gulf from him. With a sad look on his face, Gulf confusedly looked at New who was tightly furrowing his brows, like he's thinking about a certain thing.

"What's wrong?" Gulf asked in his small voice.

"I think I..." He muttered while looking at the younger. Realizing what he just did, he immediately apologize. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push you. Are you okay?"

He nodded. "I'm fine. How about you? Is there something wrong?"

"I'm... I'm fine. Just a headache."

Stuttering as New answered, Gulf couldn't help but to think negatively. There's something on New's mind that the older didn't want to reveal it to him and he's sure that it was related to their kiss. He wanted to know on why the older suddenly pushed him away. Did the older finally realize that he wanted Kaownah and not him? Just like how it was in his dream? Those were Gulf's thought.

"Do you want me to get you a medicine?" Gulf offered.

"It's okay, there's no need."

"Okay. Then... I think we need to leave now. P'Tong sent me a message during lunch, he said that his parents will arrive today, so I need to go back. And..." He paused. "... and you, you have a play tonight at P'Tong's bar, right?"

"Right." New simply stated.

"Then... let's leave after we change our clothes."

"Okay."


 

As they both headed back home, Gulf was the one who drove the car after what happened to New at the beach. He was worried that New couldn't focus driving, so he offered to drive going back. On their way, New was silent in the car. He was thinking about the voice that he heard while he was kissing Gulf. The voice was really familiar to him, but he couldn't point out who's the owner of that mysterious voice. But there's only one thing he's sure about, that voice was the same as the voice of the man in his dreams. Thinking about it, New's eyes stared at the younger who's attention was focused on the road.

Even though he had his all attention on the road, Gulf could still feel New's gaze on him. "Why?"

"Why?" New repeated.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Ohh~ Nothing."

"Does your head still hurt?" He gave New a glance as he asked it.

"Not anymore."

Instead of giving a reply, Gulf just dropped that conversation that way although there were things that he wanted to ask the older. Before Gulf completely reached Tong's house, he stopped at the bar where Run was waiting for the older and dropped New there.

As soon as Gulf entered the house when he reached home, Tong's parents greeted him. They arrived an hour earlier than Gulf and they had met Gulf's friends already. Tong's parents dragged Gulf at the living room right away, catching up with the younger about his stay at the province and how Tong treated him.

At first, Gulf joked that Tong was so strict to him and scolded him sometimes, then later on he told them that Tong was really considerate to him and to his friends. They also gave Gulf some souvenirs that they bought for him and for his parents. But they didn't brought souvenirs only for Gulf and his family because Gulf's were also included in the list.

After catching up with Tong's parents, Tong, Gulf and his friends headed to the bar and met First there. Along with Run's last performance at the bar, Tong prepared a farewell party for the kids since they were scheduled to go back to Bangkok the next day. Tong's parents let them party until late at night, but Tong's parents, they chose to stay at home and take a rest because they had a jet lag after their trip.

Unlike the other nights, Run and New's list of songs to perform was quite longer. The two prepared quite a lot of songs, but it wasn't enough to the customers because they requested to listen one more song. And since that night was already their last night in the province, the light bulb on Run's head lit up when he suddenly thought of an idea.

With a silly smile on his face, he called Gulf's name, asked him to come up on stage, and sing. Gulf widened his eyes and shook his head vigorously. It wasn't easy to please Gulf when it comes to singing because he's not that confident to sing in front of many people. But because of their persistence in persuading Gulf to sing on stage, not only his friends, First, and Tong, but also the customers. And at the end, Gulf just gave up and agreed.

The crowd cheered for him, when he stood up, and came up on stage. Gulf then glared to his friend, Run, and said. "I'll kill you later when we arrive home."

Run just laughed at Gulf as he positioned his guitar in front of him. Instead of New playing the guitar, Run let New sat at their friends' table to rest and enjoy his performance with Gulf.

"What should I sing?" Gulf nervously whispered loudly to Run.

"There was a song that we played the other night, let's play that one." And with that, Run started strumming the strings of the guitar and Gulf nervously started singing the song.

🎵 There goes my heart beating
'Cause you're the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now

There goes my mind racing
And you're the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh 'cause I need you to see
That you're the reason🎵

While Gulf was singing, his gaze were only at New. The song was a great interpretation of Gulf's feelings after finding out Mew's death. He was playing this song in his room when Run heard it, the reason why they played and sang it together one time.

Everytime he heard the song, he could remember how broken and miserable he was when the love of his life left him. Just like what the song said, there were nights that Gulf was sleepless and he always feel hopeless. All he wanted was that for Mew to come back to him.

🎵There goes my hand shaking
And you're the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
I need you now

If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour of every day keeping you safe
Keeping you safe

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh 'cause I need you to see
That you're the reason🎵

That time, he remembered how he wanted to turn back the time and stop the older from leaving. Then the accident wouldn't happen and he wouldn't lose Mew. During Mew's funeral, he regretted not spending much time with Mew. Gulf was always busy with his job, and Mew as well. But even though how busy and tired Mew was, Mew would always spend time with him and even picked him up from his working place. But him, he would sometimes get annoyed at Mew because he wanted to sleep, but the older wouldn't let go of him.

Reminiscing those memories as he was singing, Gulf's eyes started to get teary. But he's trying his best not to break down and finish the whole song.

🎵I don't wanna fight no more
I don't wanna hide no more
I don't wanna to cry no more
Come back I need you to hold me
A little closer now, just a little closer now
Come a little closer, I need you to hold me tonight

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh 'cause I need you to see
That you're the reason 🎵

On his way to Surat Thani, Gulf remembered how much he wanted to get off from the car and go back to the city. He thought that his parents' idea of sending him to the province, was the worst decision that they ever made. But after meeting Mew, he realized that it was actually the best. Because he found the person whom he and everyone thought dead.

He thought that Mew's accident was the worst nightmare, but after finding out that Mew had forgotten him already was another worst nightmare that he needed to endure. With lots of plans in order to regain Mew's memory, not even a single plan succeeded, making him to completely give up everything. Speaking of giving up, he then recalled his conversation with Kaownah when Kaownah came to talk to him on that day.

"I'm sick. I have an illness. I'm begging you once again." Kaownah muttered with his pleading voice. "I need P'New with me, Gulf. Please."

"I don't believe you." Gulf insisted. "You're just saying this to make me stop from telling New the truth."

"Why would I say such a thing? Do you want me to just die in front of you for you to believe me? Is that how it works for you?"

"Kaownah..." Gulf muttered as he crouched down in front of Kaownah. "Please, just stop. You don't know what I went through after his accident. I just want him back to me." And this time, he let his tears dropped. Crying as he was pleading for Kaownah to just let New go.

"I may not know it for now, but once I lost P'New, I think I will finally know it. And since my life would be useless once I lost him, isn't it better to just die, right?" Saying the last part in a sarcastic tone.

It's useless. Gulf knew that talking to someone like Kaownah was useless. Kaownah was so determined to keep New to himself.

"Imagine yourself in my place, Gulf. If you're sick, and the only reason for you to live and to fight for your life... is to live longer just to be with the person that you don't want to lose. But what if someone wanted to take that person who's giving you life away from you, how will you able to go on? Your happiness... is another person's death? Are you---"

"Stop!" Gulf exclaimed. His tears fell like a river. He felt like he's the mistress when he wasn't in the first place. He then shook his head. "I gave up." He declared. "You win... I'm really tired now. I just don't want to argue with you anymore."

"That means..."

"Yes." Gulf weakly and forcibly nodded his head. "Please... take good care of him."

"I will, I promise." He happily answered.

"I'm leaving this weekend. But before I leave, can I ask you a favor?"

Hearing Gulf asking a favor from him made him furrowed his brows. "W-what is it?"

"Let me spend just a day with him. Only a day. After that, I'll be gone... forever."

Kaownah was so glad that he cried in so much happiness. He immediately nodded his head and pulled Gulf into an embrace as he kept on saying thank you to Gulf. Kaownah's happiness was Gulf's sadness. Gulf's tears continued to flow while Kaownah was hugging him. Kaownah's illness, real or not, Gulf didn't care about it anymore. He's tired fighting. It would be really hard for him, but after going back to city, he knew that he would be fine. In Surat Thani, Mew is alive, but in Bangkok, he's dead in there. If he would think Mew being dead, it's easier than keeping in mind that he's alive, Gulf thought.
 

An applaud was heard inside the bar as soon as Gulf ended his song, some people got teary eyed at Gulf's performance. He just sang a heartbreaking song with a heartbreaking look on his face. Even Gulf's friends, they could understand how Gulf felt just by singing that song because his face just showed it all.

After thanking the crowd and once Gulf turned his back, he let out those tears that he was holding throughout the song. Gulf excused himself, telling Run that he's going to the toilet. Run nodded his head with an encouraging smile on his face.

To lighten up the mood after a sad song, Tong lifted his bottle of beer to have a toast with the kids. "Cheers to your journey going back to Bangkok tomorrow!"

"Cheers!" They all said in unison, except for New who was shocked to hear their departure.

"You guys are leaving?" New asked in confusion, glancing to the four of them.

A little bit tipsy already, Mild answered. "Yes! We're going home tomorrow with Gulf of course. We will surely miss you P'Tong, First, and P'New."

"How come I didn't know about this?"

"Aw! I thought Run already told you since it was already your last performance with him." Tong stated then he looked at Run with his brows raised.

"Sorry Pi. I was busy practicing that I forgot to tell him about it."

"Come on! Let's forget about it!" Tipsy Boat jumped into their conversation. "Let's toast!"
 

Gulf who excused himself to go to the toilet, went to the shore in front of the bar afterwards. He was done wiping his tears, calming himself, and getting ready to go back inside the bar to drink and enjoy his last night at the province, when he heard New's voice behind him.

"Why you didn't tell me that you're leaving to Bangkok tomorrow?"

"P'New..." Gulf muttered in suprise after he turned to look at the older who's plastering a stern look on his face. "I-I thought you already know about it."

"No, Run forgot to tell me."

"Ohh~ I'm sorry."

"Is that the reason why you asked me to go out with you today?"

It wasn't the main reason, but it was also one of the reasons why, Gulf thought. Gulf pursed his lips as he slowly nodded his head. He couldn't say the main reason to New because Kaownah begged him to keep it between them.

"What about the thing that we talked at the beach?"

It was just a few minutes ago when Gulf succesfully calmed himself from crying after singing. But now, he's at it again. He's in the verge of crying once again, but he tried to be strong to keep what he promised to Kaownah. "That... it was nothing."

"N-nothing?"

"I'm not the right person for you, P'New. You have your life here. And I have my life in Bangkok. Kaownah... he's the one for you. He needs you. He will never leave you, just like what I'm going to do."

"But you're the person I want to be with."

"P'New~ I already told you. I'm not the right person for you." Gulf insisted. "Our deal..." He recalled the deal they made at Khao Thep Pitak. "I'm ending our deal now. You and I... We can't be together for a long time."

He walked past New, leaving the older behind and alone at the shore. But a hand tightly held his wrist for him to stop from leaving.

"I thought you trusted me when I said that we can be together for a long time." New murmured with his head hanged low. "But it turns out that you didn't."

Of course he trust New, Gulf thought. Even before, he always trust the older. He knew that the decision he had made wasn't the right thing to do. But looking at their situation, it wasn't even in favor of them to be together again. He has been fighting, without even winning. And the worst thing was that he's just fighting all alone.

Gulf took a deep breathe. "I'm sorry." He slowly withdrew his hand from the older's grip and left, trudging going back to the bar.

When New was gripping Gulf's wrist, his eyes were clouded with tears already. But when Gulf withdrew his hand from him and left him, his tears eventually rolled down on his face. What happened on that day replayed on New's mind, Gulf helped him overcoming his trauma in driving, they took photos in front of the heart-shaped mountain, Gulf peeled the crab for him, they played at the beach, and they kissed. All those things that happened was just a day of happiness and he couldn't help but to cry in sadness.




 

For a person who's going through a broken heart, skipping the meals and locking oneself inside the room were normal things to do and that's what happened to New. After Gulf ended everything between them the previous night, he didn't have the energy to do anything. He just wanted to stay in his room and stare at the ceiling.

It was the day that Gulf would be heading back to Bangkok. New heard his phone buzzing, but he never gave time to look at it. And when he did, he received messages from Run asking him if he would come to send them off. But the message was already a few hours ago. Thinking that they might left already, New tossed his phone on the bed. He got up when he remembered that he needed to borrow Kaownah's laptop again to search some chords. He preferred using laptop because the screen is bigger than a phone.

He went outside and went inside Kaownah's room without knocking. There was no one inside when he entered. He called the younger's name as he knocked at the bathroom, but no one answered. Since Kaownah wasn't in his room, New decided to go back to his and just borrow it once the younger arrived home. But when New was about to leave, a pair of clothes and a familiar bracelet on it made him to stop in his track.

His brows furrowed. He approached Kaownah's nightstand table and picked up the ziplock plastic where the clothes and bracelet were put inside. He stared at it, especially the bracelet, since it was really familiar to him. His brows furrowed even more, when he remembered why it was familiar.

"Your bracelet..."

"W-what about my bracelet?"

"It's beautiful."

"Well... y-yeah, it's really beautiful."

He remembered Gulf wearing it. He immediately ran back to his room and grabbed his phone on his bed before going back to Kaownah's room. He opened his gallery and clicked on his picture with Gulf, taken at the mountain. And he was right, Gulf was wearing the same bracelet with the one that he was holding.

"Why did he has Gulf's bracelet with him?" He curiously asked himself. He shook his head and placed the plastic back on the nightstand. And when New looked on the bed, he found Kaownah's laptop.

He then sat on the bed and open it to search for the chords that he was looking for. When he opened it, it showed Kaownah's profile from his social media account. New disregarded it and opened a new tab where he wrote some keywords on the url bar, but he stopped when he saw Gulf's name from the history that appeared under the bar.

First, it was Gulf's bracelet and now, he saw Gulf's name on Kaownah's search. He started to get suspicious about Kaownah and Gulf's connection. Out of curiosity, he clicked on Gulf's name instead. It led him to Gulf's profile where he suddenly held his breath in shock after seeing it.He was spechless. On Gulf's banner, he saw Gulf with a man who looked like him and they were wearing suits.

"I had a fiance and he's a man."

"I lost him... few days before our wedding."

"He died from a car accident."

His conversation with Gulf in Khao Sok crossed his mind. Gulf's fiance was involved in a car accident, he likes the water so much. And how did Gulf knew that he couldn't eat spicy, that he couldn't peel a crab, that he likes chocolate cake. New tried connecting the dots and it turned out that the fiance that Gulf was talking about, didn't die and it's... him.

"No..." He uttered in disbelief, making him to cover his face with his hands and started crying.

His head started to throb in pain and he wanted to close Kaownah's laptop, go back to his room and sleep to get rid of what he thought a bad dream. But in his heart and mind, they were telling him to scroll Gulf's profile to find out more.

And he did.

The next thing that he saw after seeing Gulf's banner, was their wedding invitation card that was set as pinned post. Reading the wedding invitation made him cry even more. He saw the day of their wedding and it was the day when he woke up from a coma where his memories about the younger had vanished. And his real name, Mew, almost the same as the one that he's using which was given by Kaownah. He remembered back then, when Kaownah gave him his name, it gave him a strange feeling and now, he finally knows why. And also, when he first met Gulf at the province, the younger called him his real name.

"P'Mew..."

"Oh! My name is not Mew. My name is New, not Mew, but they sound alike. How about you? What's your name?"

"Gulf. My name is Gulf."

"Don't you remember me?"

"I'm sorry, but... I don't remember you. Have we met before?"

Remembering that day, New wanted to punch himself for saying that to Gulf.

Following his intinct, New continued checking his fiance's account without minding the throbbing pain in his head. Followed by their wedding invitation was Gulf's last post and it was his photo at his own funeral. Beside his photo was the flower that he likes, the forget me not flower in which he remembered Gulf used it when he prepared the candlelight dinner.

Seeing his photo at his funeral, New shook his head as he said. "No~ I'm here. I'm not dead."

New felt so sad thinking about Gulf, his family and his friends who thought that he was already gone. Then, he resumed looking at their photos and videos together and his tears never stopped falling from his eyes. The more he's going to look at something about him and Gulf, the more his head hurt. And eventually, memories started flashing in his mind once again. But at that time, it was different because they were slowly becoming vivid. The blurry images that he always saw in his dreams were now clear that he could finally see the face of that mysterious man. The man who always appeared in his dream was none other than Gulf.

He placed both of his hands on his head when his memories kept flashing. And he couldn't stop crying. He got totally emotional after what he found out. When he tried to scroll down, a video automatically played.

"Mew~ Gulf~" A voice of a woman, calling their names in a cute way.

"Yes?" It was Mew who answered the woman.

"What do you call each other?"

"Call each other? We call each other by our names." Gulf answered and he laughed afterwards. Mew looked at him and laughed as well.

"No~ not that one. I mean, how do you call each other as a couple."

"Ohh~ I call him..." Mew placed an arm around his boyfriend's shoulder. "I call him Bii."

Gulf tried to stop himself from giggling as he nodded his head.

"How about you, Gulf? How do you call your boyfriend?"

Gulf let out a soft chuckle first while staring at Mew's eyes and said. "Boo~"

"Ohhh~ so cute~"

And the video ended. Boo, an endearment that Gulf used to call him. New suddenly stopped and realized that the voice he mentally heard the previous day while kissing Gulf was actually the voice of the person he was kissing. And that voice he heard shouting Boo while he was in Bangkok with Bosser was also Gulf. All this time, the person behind those mysterious voice and man has always been Gulf.

After the video played, a photo was shown after it. The photo made New to wipe his tears and lean closer to the screen, the photo on the screen was Gulf and him lifting their hands, showing their couple bracelet wore around their wrist. New glanced at the nightstand table and grabbed the plastic once again, and the questions in his mind were finally answered. The bracelet was owned by him, that's why it was so familiar. It's their ciuple bracelet.

Everything that New saw and read was too much for him to handle. He continued sobbing and he ran his hand through his hair and gripped it. He was angry to himself on why he couldn't remember everything when the answer to his questions was just right in front of him and it was Gulf himself.

New's sob was heard even outside Kaownah's room. So when Kaownah arrived home and was heading to his room, he immediately ran and followed the sob where it came from. And he was shock to see New in his room, on his bed, crying.

"P'New? Why are you crying? What happened?" Once he saw New sitting on his bed while sobbing, he immediately ran to the older's side.

The older who was seen sobbing, slowly calmed himself. He lifted his head to look at Kaownah with his eyes started to get swollen from crying. "Since when did you know?"

"Know? Know what?" Kaownah asked him back with his brows furrowed.

Slowly lifting his finger, New pointed it to the screen of Kaownah's laptop. "When did you know about this?"

Kaownah held his breath when he saw Gulf and New's photo on the screen. New found Gulf's profile and finally saw everything, he thought. He gulped nervously and he couldn't bring himself to utter any words.

"Why you didn't tell me about it, huh? I thought you're going to help me find who I really am. You promised me, don't you remember?"

A tear fell from Kaownah's eyes and all he could say to the older was... "I'm sorry."

"I don't want to hear an apology. I need an answer to my question, when did you know about this?!"

He flinched and tightly shut his eyes after New shouted. "I-I'm sorry."

Receiving only an apology from the younger made New to purse his lips in annoyance. "This?" He grabbed the clothes and bracelet in the plastic and lifted it, showing it to Kaownah. "These are mine, right? Why didn't you give it to me?"

"About this, I forgot. I swear. I really forgot, P'New." Kaownah cried as he tried to defend himself.

"After what I found out, do you still think that I will believe you?" New slowly shook his head. "No. I've lost my trust in you."

Kaownah began to sob uncontrollably after what New said. He worked so hard to get the older's trust, and now, it's gone. "P'New..."

"For almost a year of living here, everyday, I always wish to finally get my memories back and to be reunited with my family. Even though I love my life here, I still feel empty." New said. "I was lost. And you lent me a hand. I'm still holding unto it until now, thinking that you're the only one who could help me find my way back. But I was wrong. You hid everything from me."

"P'New... it's not like that." Kaownah denied New's accusations against him. "It wasn't my intention to hide everything from you. I was planning to tell you, but..."

"But what? You're selfish?"

Kaownah came to a halt. Yes, he's selfish, he thought. And that is because he likes New so much. "Does loving you mean being selfish?" Kaownah asked the older as he stared at him straight in the eyes. "That night, when Gulf prepared a candlelight dinner, believe it or not, it was the time where I wanted to tell you everything. But when I saw you and when you held me, I suddenly got scared. I got scared thinking that I might not see you and hold you after you know everything. Can you blame me, P'New? I just don't want to lose you."

"Hiding the truth, so that you can keep me? You're plainly taking advantage of my disease. It's not love, Kaownah. You don't know what love is. If you truly love someone, you'll let them have their happiness, even though you're not part of it."

The younger couldn't give New a response and he just let his tears run down on his cheek. "I need to leave." New knew that his conversation with Kaownah wasn't going anywhere, so he pulled himself up from the bed while holding the ziplock bag.

Kaownah confusedly looked at him and asked. "W-where are you going?"

"I need to stop him from leaving. I need to talk to him."

He knew who was New talking about. And that's how Kaownah immediately held New's wrist using both of his hands. He continued to cry. "No! No, don't leave me. Just stay with me!"

"Kaownah..." New muttered as he tried to let go of the younger's grip, but Kaownah held him really tight.

"Please. Don't leave me."

Kaownah continued to plead as he sobbed, but New was determined to leave and see Gulf before he could even leave the province. Using all of his strength, New managed to let go from the younger's grip. He pushed Kaownah's hands away from him, which made Kaownah to dropped himself on the floor. New immediately left right away even when Kaownah cried loudly and asked him to come back.
 

New was breathing heavily as he ran from Kaownah's house going to the cafe. When he arrived there, it was closed. He went to the bar, he only saw the staff and not Tong. He then ran going to the older's house, he pressed the doorbell nonstop until Tong came out with an annoying look on his face.

Tong thought that someone was playing with their door bell, so he prepared himself to vent out his anger. But he wasn't expecting to see New as soon as he opened their gate.

"P'Tong! Finally!" He exclaimed as soon as he saw the older after searching him everywhere.

"New?" Tong muttered in confusion and he glanced at the ziplock bag that New was holding then going back to the younger. "What are you doing here?"

"Pi, where is Gulf? I need to talk to him."

Tong's confused face turned into a sad look when New asked about Gulf. He put on a small smile on his face and said. "They've left already, New."