Confrontation

LOST MEMORIES

"This is none of your business. So stop intruding yourself in our lives."

"From now on, I won't be forcing myself into your life anymore."

Those words kept on replaying on Kaownah's mind as he felt guilty for hurting his best friend. But he didn't mean to say it, he was just drowned by his emotions after what Turbo told him.

"Promise me that you will tell P'New about this."

Whenever Turbo and him made a promise, they always keep it and they've never tried breaking it. Even though keeping their current promise would hurt him, he knew that it was the right thing to do. If he choose to keep what he had known, it's like he's taking advantage of New's amnesia in order not to lose the older.

He looked at the watch on his nightstand and realized that New's gig at Tong's bar would end soon. Kaownah grabbed his jacket and headed to the bar. He decided to tell New that he already know his real identity and that he's Gulf's fiance.

When he pass by the cafe, he noticed a candle light setting inside and when he looked around, no one was there. Out of curiosity, Kaownah went inside. He looked at the table where there was a vase with flowers in it. The flowers were familiar to him, but he didn't know the name. Then, his mind suddenly remember Gulf's post on his social media account. Gulf posted the flower with a caption 'I will never forget you. I promise.'

With the flowers' photo on Gulf's post and the flowers placed on the table, he assumed that the candle light dinner was prepared by Gulf to New. He lifted his hand and caressed the petals of the flower. Whatever the meaning of the flower, he knew that Gulf thought a lot about it. He could only put roses as they were common and easy to find, but he chose to have something different. He smiled. He felt envy of Gulf for having New and for pulling off that kind of surprise. While he was caressing the flowers, he didn't notice that someone has entered the cafe.

"Gulf?" It was New's voice.

Kaownah immediately withdrew his hands from the flowers and he gulped nervously. He bit his lips before he slowly turned around to face the older.

"Kaownah?" New muttered his name in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

Kaownah didn't know what to say to the older and he just roamed his eyes around the dim cafe, looking for a perfect excuse. "I..."

"Did you... prepare this one?" New took a glance to the table with a candlelight theme before asking Kaownah.

"Ahm... y-yes." He wanted to slap himself for saying yes. He didn't want to ruin that dinner date of Gulf and New and it wasn't his intention to claim it as well.

"Ohh~ why? Why did you prepare this one?"

"B-because..."

"Why are you stuttering?" New grabbed both of Kaownah's hands, he held it to calm him down. "Calm down and continue your statement."

Because of New's touch, it made Kaownah smile and he felt comfortable. He held New's hand back, as tight as he can. He didn't want to let go of New's hands just like how he didn't want to let go of the older. Kaownah suddenly changed his mind and he forgot the reason on why he went there in the first place. "P'New..."

"Hmmm?"

"I... I like you."

New wasn't surprised with Kaownah's confession. He had known it long time ago. Also, the younger's action everytime they're together were loud enough for him not to doubt it.

Looking at New's eyes, there wasn't any signs that New got surprise or shock to what he just said. So he took it as a chance for him to slowy leaned forward to New, attempting to kiss the older. Kaownah took a glance to New, but the older didn't even budge and so leaned closer. When there lips where just a few inches away , New suddenly turned his head to another direction, avoiding Kaownah's attempt to kiss him.

Kaownah stopped himself and he asked. "Why?"

Before New could answer Kaownah's question, he spotted First hugging Gulf as they both walked away from the cafe. He turned around to go out of the cafe and follow them, but Kaownah held his arm tight.

"Where are you going?" Kaownah asked, his hands were gripping New's arm to stop him from leaving. "P'New?"

"I will---"

"Don't leave me here, P'New." Kaownah begged the older while showing a face that could make New sympathize him. And he immediately launched himself to New, hugging the older tight while putting his head on New's chest. "Don't leave me, P'New. I like you."

"Kaownah..." After being silent, New finally speaks. "I like you also."

Kaownah's widened at New's statement. He pulled away from the hug and looked at New in full surprise. "R-really?"

"Hmmm." New nodded his head. "I like you as my friend and a good brother, but not more than that."

The big smile that was on Kaownah's face suddenly disappeared. He let out a shaky breath as his eyes started to get teary. "O-only that? A friend and a brother?"

"You're like a brother to me and a good friend as well. But... I don't like you the way you like me. I do like someone. And that is Gulf."

"Gulf?" He uttered in disbelief. "Why him? I-I was with you for almost a year and Gulf, you just met him a few weeks ago."

"I know. Even though I met him for weeks only, I have this feeling that..." New paused, he wanted to explain it clearly to Kaownah for him to understand, but even him, he was having a hard framing his feelings into statement. "That it's like I have known him for a long time already."

"So, I can't like you, just like how you like me." New continued, then he smiled afterwards to encourage the younger. "Kaownah, I want to say thank you for liking me that way and I'm truly sorry for not being to return your feelings."

Kaownah forcefully nodded his head and put on a fake smile on his face as he was trying his best not to let his tears fall in front of the older. "I-it's okay. I understand."

"Good. Then... I'm going to leave first. I need to find Gulf, he might misunderstood everything he saw."

Without waiting for Kaownah's approval, New immediately ran going out of the cafe to find Gulf. He trudged to the direction where he saw First and Gulf was heading.

"I wonder if Gulf already told P'New everything." Boat said while they were heading to the cafe to take a sneak peek of what was happening inside.

"I'm sure he already did." Run confidently said.

While they were walking, Tong saw New running out from the cafe. He furrowed his brows and pointed at New. "Isn't that New? Where is he going?"

"Aw! Why is he running away?" Mild mumbled.

And as soon as they turned their heads to look at inside the cafe, they were all surprised to see Kaownah instead of Gulf. They all glanced at each other with a confuse look painted all over their faces.

"Where is Gulf?" Tong asked and he roamed his eyes around the cafe to search for Gulf, but he wasn't there inside.

"Mild, why is Kaownah here? Where is Gulf?" Boat asked as well.

"Mild, you were the last person who was with Gulf, right? Where did he go?" Run added.

"I don't know, Boat, Run. Don't ask me." He scratched the back of his head when his friends where asking Gulf from him. "I am sure that he's heading to the cafe when we separated."

"Let's just follow New and ask him." Tong suggested to the three. "Maybe he could tell us what happened."




 

"Are you okay?" First finally asked after a long silence.

First gently dragged Gulf away from the cafe and brought him at the shore, a little bit farther from the cafe, to calm him down after what he saw. When First didn't receive a response from Gulf, he sighed.

"Okay, I'll keep my mouth shut. You can cry. Just let it out."

And just like what First said, he didn't bother to talk to Gulf anymore. He just shut his mouth and gave Gulf a moment to let out all the feelings that he's hiding inside.

"I'm not crying." Gulf softly said with his low voice.

First turned to look at him and said. "Liar."

"I knew it, when I covered your eyes." He continued.

"Why did you do that?"

"Well... we have eyes to see things, but not all the things are meant to be seen." First turned serious as he said it. "Just like what you were watching back there."

"But some things are meant to be seen to be believed."

"To be believed? Okay, I'll buy that one. Tell me, what do you believe from what you've just seen?"

"That they are..."

"Together?" First snorted and shook his head afterwards. "Not all the things that you see are true."

"It was just yesterday when both of you were like having a competition when you gave me sweets. And now, you're trying to defend him?"

"I'm not defending him." First insisted right away. "I just don't want you to lose your faith on your fiance."

His eyes were glued at the sea, but Gulf immediately turned his attention to First with his widened in shock. "Y-you..."

"I know. Your fiance didn't die just like what you told me in Khao Sok. He's alive and he's P'New, right? I heard your conversation with Mild and Boat before I entered the cafe to help you make a cake... for P'New." First stated. He was also surprised after he accidentally heard their conversation at the cafe. But he chose to act like he didn't know anything. "I like you. But I don't want to compete with New after knowing who he really is. I understand that you two are getting married and I respect that."

He suddenly remembered what Boat said, that he's asking help from the person who likes him to make a cake for New. And he felt guilty for it. First is really kind and considerate. "I'm sorry."

"For?"

"For... everything? I lied to you. And I even asked help from you."

"No need to apologize. You have your reasons. And about the cake, I volunteered on my own. But... I want to know why you keep it when you could have just told him right away?"

"He lost his memories, First. I need to consider it. He has no memories from the past, they're completely gone." Gulf started to explain his side. "I know that I could just really tell him, but I don't want to scare him that he might end up pushing me away from him."

"So when do you want to tell him?"

"It's supposed to be tonight, but Kaownah came and..." Remembering what happened at the cafe, he didn't want to recall it. "I don't want to talk about it."

First comforted Gulf as he placed his hand on Gulf's back and caressed it. "Okay, no need to say it again. It's getting late na. Let's go, I'll send you home." He stood up as he held Gulf's wrist for them to leave.

But Gulf immediately shook his head at First who offered to send him home. "Just leave me here. I don't want to go back home. I'll just stay here."

"Until morning? Are you crazy?" First sat beside him once again when Gulf was being stubborn and refused to go back home. "I'll stay here with you. I won't leave you."

"But really..." First continued, he didn't stop pursuing Gulf to go home until he would agree. "You need to go home and take a rest. If you don't want, then how about staying at my house for tonight? My parents went on a business trip for two days so they're not at home."

At first, Gulf hesitated to stay at First's house for the night, but he didn't want to stay at the shore for the whole night as well. And so, he agreed to stay at First's house. First really took good care of him as he was staying there and Gulf was thankful at First.

Meanwhile, Tong, New and Gulf's friends were searching for Gulf high and low. They were so worried at Gulf and they didn't stop searching for him until they received a message from First. He didn't tell them where was Gulf as it was Gulf's wished, he just informed them that Gulf was fine and he would just come back the next day.

Mild was angry at New for hurting Gulf, but he couldn't bring himself to confront the older because at that time, their minds were busy thinking Gulf's whereabouts.







 

The next day, New went to the cafe to check if Gulf came back already, but he just received a sad look on Tong's face. Even though there wasn't a word from the older, he could still tell that Gulf was nowhere to be found.

New decided to stay at the cafe and wait for Gulf to come. He needed to talk to the younger to explain what happened the previous night. He knew that Gulf misunderstood everything, so he wanted to clear it. Mild and the others arrived at the cafe and they spotted New inside.

"Aw! P'New, what are you doing here?" Run asked the older right away as soon as they spotted him.

"I came to wait for Gulf." He simply answered. "I need to talk to him."

"Ohhh~ He might be here soon." Boat said, reassuring the older.

"Really? You want to talk to him?" Mild sarcastically asked the older as he jumped into their conversation. Boat, Run, and Tong suddenly turned their heads to look at Mild. "You already hurt him last night. What's the point of talking to him?"

"Mild..." New called him. He wasn't surprise that Mild was angry at him. He was worried about his friend, and the reason why Gulf went missing was because of him anyway. "I didn't mean to hurt him that's why I want to apologize."

"Apologize?" Mild raised his brows. Boat and Run held his arms to stop Mild, but that didn't stop him and he continued venting his anger to New. "What can your apology do? You've been hurting him a lot since he arrived here. Don't you know that?"

New suddenly furrowed his brows in confusion because of what Mild said, and seeing New's reaction was enough for Mild to conclude that the older wasn't aware of it. "You don't know, right? You're unaware of that. Well, I'm not surprised. P'New, let me ask you. Don't you really know who is Gulf?"

"Mild!" Boat squeezed his arm to get his attention and to stop him from spilling everything.

"Mild, this is not a good idea." Run commented.

"Let Gulf handle this one, Mild." Tong suggested to the younger as he walked closer to them.

But Mild didn't listen to them. He was so full of their drama that he wanted to end everything at that moment. He was so determined to tell New the truth because he didn't want to see his friend suffer anymore.

On the other hand, New tightly furrowed his brows as he looked down and thought about the question that Mild asked him. Who is Gulf? Right, who is he? Why is he so familiar to him? Those were the questions that stuck on New's mind. The more he's trying his best to think about it, the more his head started to get hurt.

When Tong saw New lifted his hand to place it on his head, he immediately walked to New and held him. "New? Are you okay?" He asked in which he received a weak nod from the younger. Tong glanced at Mild and he said. "Mild, calm down now."

"No, Pi." He strongly disagreed though he could hear Boat and Run murmuring at his side to stop him and calm him down. "We've been trying to held ourselves in order not to spill it to him. But I've had enough, I want this to end today."

"Calm down, Mild." Boat and Run whispered to him.

New gathered his strength to respond to Mild while his head was still recovering from the sudden ache. "Mild... what are you talking about?"

"What am I talking about? Okay, do you know Gulf prepared that dinner for you last night? He even baked your favorite chocolate cake for you? Because last night, he was about to tell you something. He was about to tell you who he really was. And I'm talking about you being Gulf's fia---"

"P'Mild." When Mild was just so close in spilling the secret, that's when Gulf suddenly appeared at the cafe. And when he heard what his friend was about to say, he stepped in immediately to stop it. "That's enough."

They all turned their heads at the entrance of the cafe, and there, they saw Gulf arrived at the place with First.

"Gulf?" Boat and Run muttered in unison.

"Gulf, are you alright?" Boat continued, asking his friend as he walked towards him.

"We are so worried about you." Run added, expressing their feelings after Gulf went missing.

Tong didn't miss a chance to drop a question at the younger as well while he's still holding New for support. "How are you feeling now? You're really a stubborn kid. Don't run away like that again. I almost called your mom last night to tell her that you're missing."

"I'm sorry, P'Tong. I won't do that again." Gulf bowed at the older as he apologized. He then turned his head to his friends and put on a small smile on his face. "I'm sorry for making you guys worried especially P'Mild. Pi, please calm down now."

"Gulf..." New called him.

When New called him, it's not only Gulf who turned to look at New, but all of them did. "Yes, P'New?" Gulf answered with a smile. He's trying his best to act like nothing happened the previous night.

But New, his face looked so sad. "Can we talk?"

Instead of giving New a response, Gulf just stared at him as he stayed silent. His friends, Tong, and First were waiting for his answer. The memories of New and Kaownah from the previous night suddenly replayed on his mind and he unconsciously took a step back.

Sensing Gulf's silence and action, First decided to stepped in and gave New a response in which Gulf wasn't able to do so. "Gulf is not feeling well. So, it's not a good time to talk to him. You can do it next time, if he's feeling better already."

"But---"

"He needs to take a rest P'New." Run insisted as well.

"Let me send you home and take a rest." Tong stated before he looked at New who was standing beside him. "New, let Gulf take a rest for now and you as well. You don't have a play tonight at the bar, so you can have a rest."

Even if New didn't want to, he forcibly nodded his head at the older. Gulf might not want to talk to him for the meantime, so it would be better to give the younger some space, he thought.

Together with Tong and Mild, Gulf left the cafe without even sparing a glance to New. While Boat and Run was asked to lock the cafe since they won't be opening it for the day. Also, Tong suggested First to go home and get some rest since he was the one who took good care of Gulf for the whole night.






 

"First!"

While walking on the way home, First suddenly stopped as he heard someone calling his name. And when he turned around, it was the least person that he wanted to see or even talk. It was New. First wondered on why the older called him. He stared at New as he waited for the older to speak.

"Can I talk to you?"

"What is this all about?" First sternly answered.

"It's about last night." With a pleading look on his face, New continued. "I wanted to explain and apologize to Gulf, but I know he won't listen to me. So, I'm hoping that you could relay my message to him."

"There's no need for you to explain to Gulf, P'New. Gulf saw everything that he needed to see. So why are you bothering yourself to explain?"

New pursed his lips when he received a that kind of answer from First. "But, what he saw was just a clear misunderstanding. He misunderstood everything that happened."

"And you think he will believe that?" First shook his head with a smirk. "No, he won't. Gulf believed more on what he saw." He was about to turn around and leave when New still gave him a response.

"You're doing this because you like him, right? This is your opportunity to approach him."

With his brows furrowed, First stated. "I like him..." He paused for a while before he continued and said. "Yes, I do. But I'm not doing this because of that. I'm doing this because I want to protect him."

"Dragging you down so that I can get Gulf? I'm not that kind of person, P'New. I know I can do better than that. You know, we're completely different. I don't like hurting other people. But you, you hurt him. Me, I'm sure that I will never hurt him."

New turned silent after what First said. He hated to admit, but First was actually right. If it was some kind of competition, he's lost already. He hurt the younger, and everytime he's hurt. First is always there, ready to heal him.

"If you don't have anything to say, then I'm leaving." And those were the last words from First before he continued taking steps going home, while New was left behind, silent as he hanged his head low, like he was sort of reflecting all of his sins.









 

A glass of water and a medicine was placed by Tong on Gulf's nightstand. Boat and Run were fixing Gulf's bed while Mild was helping him settled on the bed. With his friends help and care, Gulf couldn't help but to smile at them.

"Really, I can just do this by myself. You don't have to help me. I'm just sick, a little sick."

"If so, then let me hit your head for making us all worried." Mild mocked his friend.

"I'm sorry." Gulf apologized to his friends. He looked at Tong and apologized at the older as well. "I'm sorry, P'Tong. Last night, I just wanted to be alone."

"Alone? Alone with First?" Boat still have the gut to tease his sick friend.

"I told him to leave me alone, but he wouldn't. He said, he would stay with me until I feel better."

And out of curiosity, Run dropped a question to Gulf about his stay at First's house after he told them that he stayed there the whole night. "But... how did you end up at First's house?"

"That, he invited me to stay at his house after I refused to go back home." He sighed. "I was afraid to see P'New last night."

"Hmm, he almost slept at the cafe because of you. He helped us searched for you and when we couldn't find you, he said that he would stay at the cafe to wait." Tong stated.

"We need to force him to go back until he agreed." Boat added.

"What really happened last night?" Mild impatiently asked, eager to know what really happened that it even made Gulf disappeared for the whole night. "Why Kaownah was there?"

It made Gulf speechless, his gaze fell at a corner as he tried to recall the scenes that he saw the previous night. "I was also surprised after seeing Kaownah there. He even claimed that he was the one who prepared the dinner for P'New. He also confessed his feelings to him and..."

"And?" Run mumbled as he lifted an eyebrow.

"And... they kissed."

"~" Mild, Boat, and Run cursed in unison.

"Are you sure that they kissed?" Tong asked the younger once again. He wasn't convinced and it's hard for him to believe that New and Kaownah kissed. "Maybe, it was just an angle from where you were standing."

"I'm sure about it, Pi. I saw Kaownah leaning closer to P'New to kiss him. And P'New didn't even move, he was waiting for Kaownah to kiss him."

"Damn, P'New." Mild cursed once again then he glanced at his friends, including Tong. "If you guys didn't stop me a while ago, I should have punched him already."

"And also, I was about to tell him the truth!" Mild continued, expressing his anger against the older. "If you..." He pointed his finger at Gulf. "didn't arrive and stop me, he must have known by now that he's your fiance."

"But I'm glad that I came at the right time and stopped you from spilling the tea."

Because of Gulf's statement, they all stared at him with sad eyes. "Gulf~" Tong called him. "Why don't you want him to know about it?"

"Are you still afraid that he's going to push you after he finds out about it?" Boat also dropped a question before Run followed him.

"Someone is trying to take your place. Aren't you afraid of that?"

He snorted sarcastically. "That someone wasn't trying anymore, P'Run. Because he already took my place."

"At first, I was worried that he's going to push me away, but now, I'm not thinking about that anymore." He admitted. "It's not like I don't want him to know. You already know how determined I was to tell him about it last night. But, witnessing their kiss... my heart told me that it's enough and I need to stop."

"Stop? You mean..."

"Yes, P'Tong." He nodded his head. "I think, I did what I can do to get him back. But, I'm already tired."

"Are you crazy?" Mild exclaimed right away.

"P'Mild, I don't want to do it anymore. I'm tired. I tried to go to him many times and I think it's time for him to come to me this time."

Tong and the others exchanged gazes after hearing Gulf's opinion. Gulf gave up once, but they managed to change his mind. But this time, Gulf has made a decision already and as what they've seen, their friend wasn't just playing around when he said it. He's serious.








 

When New arrived home, Kaownah was at the living room with his parents discussing about his graduation. Kaownah's parents called him to join their conversation and to share his opinion about the graduation party. But New wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

He kindly refused to their invitation, telling them that he has something to do in his room. They just smiled and let him go upstairs, but for Kaownah, he sensed that New was ignoring him.

After New left him at the cafe the previous night to find Gulf, the two of them never talked. And he could sense that New was trying to distance himself from him. Kaownah excused himself from his parents, and he followed New upstairs.

Just like what he would always do, Kaownah knocked on New's door. The older didn't answer, so Kaownah held the door knob and twisted it to open, but for the first time, New's door was locked. He looked down as he gave off a sigh. He was about to leave when he heard the door suddenly unlocked.

A small smile spread across his face, he excitedly twisted the door knob and opened it before he entered New's room, where he saw the older cleaning his room. Kaownah slowly walked towards New's bed and sat on it.

"P'New." He called. "I want to talk to you."

New just listened. He didn't give a response and just continued picking up some things on the floor and arranging his stuff.

"I noticed that you're avoiding me today. If this is about what happened last night, I'm sorry." He continued when he didn't receive any response from the older. "And I heard from Tong that Gulf went missing, have you found him already?"

He came to a halt when Gulf's name was mentioned. Then, he furiously turned to look at Kaownah, he was so ready to mock the younger and to let out his anger, but when he saw Kaownah, he couldn't bring himself to scold him. He was a good friend and a brother to him. Most importantly, he saved his life.

New has a lot of questions on his mind, but not all of them Kaownah could answer. Especially what Mild said at the cafe. Those statements left a hole in his heart. It was like a puzzle that he needed to find the missing piece for him to feel complete.

He calmed himself down and said. "Ohh, he came back this morning already. No need to be worried."

"I see. Glad that he's okay."

And the room was filled with silence afterwards. New continued what he was doing in silence while Kaownah was just looking at him, following New's actions with his gaze. Until New decided to break the silence and dropped a question to Kaownah. "Why did you tell me that you were the one who prepared it?"

Clueless of the older's question, Kaownah cocked his brows as he said. "Prepared? Prepared what?"

"The dinner. It wasn't prepared by you. Gulf prepared it. He was the one who exerted efforts in making it."

New found out the truth and Kaownah felt ashamed for doing such thing, claiming something that wasn't his in the first place. "I'm sorry." It was the only thing that he could say. How can he formulate a lie when he was being caught already?

"You're apologizing to the wrong person." New simply answered, still not looking at the younger. "You should apologize to him. Gulf... he was hurt and he misunderstood the thing that happened last night."

"How about me? Do you think I'm not hurt? After my confession, you left me just to find him." Kaownah blurted out all of a sudden. He was also hurt, but he felt like no one was acknowledging his feelings. "I still don't understand why you like him that much. What's with him that I don't have?"

With his brows tightly furrowed, New looked at Kaownah. "Where is this coming from?"

"We already talked about this last night." He pursed his lips in annoyance. "And also, don't compare yourself. You guys are different."

"What's the difference? That you like him and you don't like me? That's the difference, am I right?"

"Kaownah..."

"Fine, I'll go talk to him for you. Besides, I am the reason why he disappeared."

And right after he was done venting his frustration, Kaownah immediately went out of New's room. New, who was left in his room, sat on his bed as he ruffled his hair with both of his hands.



 

Gulf was staying at the living room when he received a call from his mother and Mew's mom. He was left in the house alone because Tong had his review for the whole day. Run was at the bar, practicing for his last performance before going back to Bangkok while Boat and Mild went out to buy something for their dinner.

They called to tell him about their plans and preparations for Mew's death anniversary. They also wanted to ask if Gulf wanted to add something for them to prepare it since he would be back two days before the ceremony. Talking about death anniversary, Gulf thought about Mew's existence in Surat Thani.

While talking to his and Mew's mom, he was in the verge of crying and he hesitated whether to tell them about Mew who was living his new life in Surat Thani or not. He was afraid that they wouldn't believe him. He did it once and that was the reason why he was sent to Surat Thani.

Gulf decided not to say and just tell them when he got back to Bangkok. He have his friends to prove it, that he's telling the truth. And it's up to them already if they were going to believe him or insist that it's just the effect of grief hallucination once again.

After his call with his and Mew's mother, he stared at his phone and he suddenly thought about Eye, the owner of the milk tea shop who helped him in finding Mew. He dialled her phone number and waited for her to pick up the call.

"Hello Nong Gulf~" Eye cooed as soon as she answered Gulf's call.

He chuckled. "P'Eye..."

"How are you there? You've been there for almost a month already. Are you coming back in the city?"

"I'm going back this weekend. And... I think I'll visit your shop next week."

"Ohh Nong~ we can't wait to see you. I've been keeping an eye to our customers to find your fiance, but he didn't come back here anymore."

Eventhough Eye couldn't see it, Gulf widened his eyes in shock after learning that Eye kept her promise to help him find his fiance. "P'Eye... you really tried searching him for me?"

"Of course! I made a promise before you left, but sadly, I couldn't find him."

"It's okay, P'Eye. I really appreciate your effort in helping me."

Sensing the sadness of Gulf just from hearing his voice, Eye sent comforting words to lift up the mood of the younger. "Hmm, but don't worry, okay? You'll find him soon. So sad that he didn't come back at my shop anymore."

"P'Eye, actually..." Eye was a stranger to him at first. But she was the only person who believed him when he said to everyone that he saw Mew at a milk tea shop. So instead of telling his and Mew's parents, he decided to tell Eye. "I have something to tell you, Pi."

"Yes sure, I'm going to listen."

"Pi, I know the reason why he's not going there anymore. I saw him. He's living here in Surat Thani."

"Wait wait wait, what? He's there? Your fiance?"

Gulf hummed as a response.

"He's living there? So that's why I never see him here. Have you met him? Did you guys talk? Is he coming back with you here in the city?" Eye asked, throwing questions to the younger non-stop.

"I met him on my first day here. But sadly, he couldn't recognize me." He paused for a moment. "I found out that he has an amnesia. I don't know if I can bring him back there."

"Amnesia?? Aww~ Nong, that's tough. But, did you tell him that you're his fiance?"

"Not yet, Pi."

"Why?!" She exclaimed on the other line, making Gulf to flinch. "You need to tell him."

"I was afraid. Afraid that he would push me away. I was about to tell him two days ago, that day, I found the courage and was brave enough to tell him everything, but... it was too late already. He already has someone else."

"Nong, do you want me to fly going there? Let me bang his head for him to remember you!" Eye said, making Gulf to let out a small laugh. "Oyyy, I'm pissed off. How can he do that to you? Listen, Nong... seriously, you need to tell him. Even though he has someone else already and he can't remember you, I believe that his heart can. And I know that you're the only one living in his heart. Promise me, that you will tell him."

He turned silent as he was thinking of Eye's statement. And when Eye didn't hear anything from the younger, she repeated it once again. She wanted Gulf to make a promise to her and keep it just like how she kept hers to him. "Nong Gulf, promise me."

He smiled and nodded his head as he said. "I promise Pi. I will tell him."

"Good!" She happily exclaimed before she turned serious once again. "Honestly, this is for you to decide. I'm just here guiding you. But whatever your decision is, there's only one thing you can it. It's either you can have him back or let him be with that person and regret it for the rest of your life."

It saddened him. He remembered telling his friend that he would stop already. And if he's going to do that, he would go back with full of regrets. With Eye's enlightening words, Gulf had the courage to fight for his lover once again.

"I'll remember that P'Eye, thank you. And... I'm sorry if I take too much of your time, you might be busy there at the shop."

"Ohh it's nothing. I'm not really that busy. If you want to talk to someone, Pi is just here. You can call me anytime."

"Thank you so much, P'Eye."

"Oyy Nong, you're flooding me with so much gratitude." She laughed. "Susu na, Nong. I'll see you next week, okay?"

"Okay, Pi." And with that, Gulf ended the call with a smile spread across his face. He took a deep and relaxing breath before he stood up from the couch.

When he turned around to head upstairs and take a nap, he stopped and almost dropped his phone when he saw someone standing at the doorstep. His heart beat rapidly as he stared at the person across him.

With shaky breath, Gulf mumbled the person's name. "Kaownah... what are you doing here? How long have you been standing there?"

The look on Kaownah's face wasn't telling Gulf that he was surprise after hearing his phone conversation with someone who's name was Eye. "When... you tell the person on the phone about your first encounter with P'New here."

Plastering a surprise look on his face, Gulf stiffened at what Kaownah said. "You... you know..." He didn't know that Kaownah was actually listening to his conversation with a Eye. He was about to say something when Kaownah suddenly spoke.

"You don't have to be surprise. I've known about this fact a few days ago. I heard your conversation with First when we were in Khao Sok."

He pursed his lips as he slowly walked towards Kaownah. "Do you really like eavesdropping, aren't you?"

"No, they were all accidents. I didn't really plan to listen in the first place."

"Now? It's also an accident? What are you doing here anyway?"

"I kept on knocking, but no one answered, so I got inside and that's how I heard it." Kaownah simply stated. "And... I'm here to talk to you."

Pulling his brows closer together, he pointed his finger to himself as he said. "Me? What do you want to talk about?"

"A lot."

"A lot?" Gulf said with a mocking tone in his voice. He heaved a sigh as he nodded his head afterwards. "Then, let me start it with this question. Why didn't you tell P'New if you already knew about it?"

"How about you?" Kaownah bravely asked him back. "Why didn't you say anything the first time you met him?"

Gulf didn't say anything and he rather sent Kaownah a stern look. They were both staring at each other as the tension between them slowly rising up.

There was a great silence in the living room, before Kaownah decided to break it. "But... I'm glad about it. Because I want him to stay with me."

A strong feeling of displeasure came across him after he heard what Kaownah said. But he tried to calm himself as he said. "But I will tell him the truth and bring him back to Bangkok with me."

Kaownah was shocked to hear about Gulf's plan in going back to the city with New. He slowly shook his head in disbelief.

"Gulf... let him stay with me." Kaownah's statement didn't sound like he was pleading to Gulf or something. But it was more like a command. "What's the use of telling him when he can't even remember you? Isn't it better to let him stay here than forcing him to go back?"

"Are you crazy? Do you hear yourself?"

"Yes, I know!" He exclaimed. "I really think that... I've gone crazy already. I like him. I like P'New. I don't want to lose him, Gulf."

When he saw Kaownah at the doorstep, he saw a brave man who came to confront him. But that brave look disappeared and it was replaced with a look of fear. Gulf really knew that feeling. The feeling of losing someone. He knew it so well because he was also in the same spot as Kaownah after Mew's accident. But it's not only Kaownah who's afraid of losing someone, Gulf was also afraid of losing Mew. He lost him once and he couldn't afford to lose him once again.

"You just like him." Gulf calmly stated. "But I love him, Kaownah. I have loved him since six years ago."

"You don't know what I've been through when I find out that he got into an accident. Because I love him so much... My love for him urged me to almost end my own life when I lost him."

Tears started to form in Kaownah's eyes and he started comparing him and Gulf on his mind. He knew that he's just nothing compared to Gulf. He was with New for years, while him, it's only a year. Gulf did a lot of things for New, but for him, the biggest thing that he did was that he saved New's life. Will that beat Gulf? He mentally asked himself.

"But now that I found him..." Gulf continued. "I will never let him go anymore."

As soon as Gulf let out that statement, Kaownah tears started to run down on his cheeks. He gulped nervously. He didn't know what to do, but he needed to make New stay with him. He suddenly held Gulf's hands, making Gulf startled at his action.

"I'm begging you, Gulf. I need P'New. Please, just give him to me."

Gulf scowled as he forcefully pulled his hands from Kaownah's grip. "Give him to you? What is he? A toy? A toy that you can easily give or throw when you don't need it anymore?"

"Then what should I do for you to let him be with me?"

"You don't have to do anything, Kaownah. Because I'm definitely going to take him back. He's mine."

Kaownah was sobbing already as he kept on pleading to Gulf. But he didn't want to give up that easily. He suddenly did something that made Gulf to widen his eyes in surprise. Kaownah dropped his knees on the floor, kneeling down in front of Gulf. "Please. I will take care of P'New. And I will love him as well. Please, Gulf. I need him with me."

For Gulf, he wasn't expecting for Kaownah to go this far. Kneeling and begging for the person that he likes. He held Kaownah's shoulder, helping him to stand up, but Kaownah wouldn't budge. He vigorously shook his head as he said. "No, I will not stand up. I will stay kneeling in here until you agree."

"Stop acting like a kid, Kaownah." Gulf stated. "You know that this won't work, so just stand up."

"No, I won't." He weakly said. Then, he looked at Gulf straight in the eyes. He sniffed and said. "P'New... he's one of the reasons why I still want to live. He gave me a reason to fight for my life."

As Kaownah started talking about strange things, Gulf just furrowed his brows as he tried to understand everything. "W-what... what are you talking about?"

"I'm sick. I have an illness." Kaownah said which made Gulf to slowly part his lips in shock at his revelation. "I lost hope already and I wish to just die right away. But then I found P'New. I witnessed how he fought for his life. He was lifeless when I found him. He was comatose for days. We even thought that he coudn't make it. But he was so strong and he didn't give up, until we received a call that he finally woke up. Because of him, I suddenly wanted to live longer and be with him."

"That's why I need him. He's giving me life, Gulf." Kaownah continued. "If you're going to take him, it's like you're taking my only hope to defeat my illness and live longer."

Speechless. Gulf couldn't utter any words as he listened to Kaownah. He was totally speechless. Thinking about it, a tear suddenly fell from his eyes. Just before Kaownah's revelation, he was so determined to get his fiance back. But now, his mind suddenly went blank.

"I'm begging you once again." Kaownah muttered with his pleading voice. "I need P'New with me, Gulf. Please."