Chapter 6 [Evening Struggle]

The Unknown Killer | j.jk + k.th

Chapter 6
Evening Struggle

---- Jungkook's POV ----

I was silently walking through my way to the classroom. I do not know why I feel so annoyed right now. Maybe it was because I slept late then woke up early or because of Seonghwa not cooking breakfast for us. It's his schedule today! Goddamn that guy!

"That's quite a face, Kookie!", unlike me this guy has his box smile. He's too happy for my liking!

"Shut up, Tae", I tried shoving him away from me but he wrapped his arms around my torso.

"You gummy bear, rabbit, big baby! You think after flirting with me last night, I'll let you off!?", Taehyung grinned smugly.

"I'm not in the mood, leave. I need to get to my class", I replied lazily. Taehyung just pouted and silently walked me to class. His left arm was still on my shoulders, but I paid no care. I'm too lazy to fight back.

When we reached my class, Taehyung messed my hair, which I returned with a glare. He then left me. I sat on my chair with Yugyeom greeting me.

"Hey, did you know that  guy from Ateez?"

I listened to the conversation of the two girls beside me. They are probably gossiping about hot boys again. Goddamn these girls. They've been swooning over me from the past days.

"Yeosang from Ateez? The missing guy?"

Now my attention was fully on theirs. Missing case now, huh? Interesting. It's been two weeks since the Ha Neul case happened, nothing more serious occured.

"They said the killer killed him, but no one was able to confirm that since he's still not found. It's been five days!"

Concluding and guessing that he's dead won't do anything. If these deadasses just stop gossiping and try to find him maybe they can see what's really going on. Pathetic es.

My thoughts were cut off by a sweating Seonghwa with a guy that looks like a puppy. They look like they ran from somewhere to get here.

"Yugyeom, Jungkook, Bambam! We need your help!", Seonghwa said in between panting and breathing.

"Follow us", puppy guy said. The three of us mentioned ran over following the two of them. Seonghwa almost stumbled but I was helping him. Whatever it is, it sounds so urgent.

We reached an underground tunnel which smells ugly. There we met Hongjoong and four others who has red eyes.

"What happened?", started Yugyeom.

"Yeo- yeo- yeosang... He's dead." The big guy with red hair said with tears on his eyes. The guy with small eyes pointed to the door located on the tunnel door.

I made my way there and opened the door. There I saw a guy with blonde hair. He was laying down the floor, with a broken beer glass on his right hand.

I went near the guy and neared my face on him. "Smells like almond. No doubt. This is cyanide poisoning." I looked over the way where Yugyeom and the others were standing.

"Bambam call Inspector Ji Eun. All seven of you stay here. I need to call Detective Kwon Kim." Yugyeom ordered leaving us all around the room.

"Who found the body first?", I asked looking at each of them. They all look weak. Well, who wouldn't, their friend was killed.

"It was me and San", the guy with purple hair, that looks like Jimin, said while pointing at the guy with small eyes.

"We usually hang out here. All of us. We were supposed to meet up here. When Wooyoung and I came here, the door was locked. Since we can't open it, we kicked and broke the door. That's where we found Yeosang unconcious."

That explains why door was full of kicks and the knob was on the floor. I looked back and asked them, "Then how did the others knew about it?"

"I called them, when Hongjoong came, he ordered the others to call and find you and the others." San said. Now, that explains the sweaty Seonghwa and puppy guy.

Yugyeom came back with a straight faced guy. "This is Detective Kim Kwon, he'll be helping us in this case. For the mean time, Hongjoong, all of you may stay at one dorm. Make sure, no one goes out. Got it?"

The said latter nodded and left along with others. They all look hesistant but we ignored them.

"What did you get?" Detective Kim Kwon asked me.

"The first one to discover the corpse was San and Wooyoung. Yeosang died of cyanide poisoning." The detective just listed all that I said.

"Time to work on!", Yugyeom said excitedly and entered the room, us following him behind.

"From the looks of it someone put the cyanide in the beer that Yeosang drank." Yugyeom said.

"Sorry we're late! The investigators are to take his body now!" I heard Inspector Ji Eun exclaim excitedly. These people are too excited as if somebody wasn't dead.

The chalk fairy police representative, chalked outline the corpse of Yeosang before ordering the other men to carry the corpse.

"There weren't any sign of struggles from the victims. Only clear cyanide poisoning." Drtective Kim Kwon explained.

"Inspector Ji Eun. Please take the bottle into fingerprinting analysis. Can you?"

"Sure thing Jungkook!"

I took a one last look on the crime scene before all of us fled away from the area.

-------------------------------

"You're serious once again, Jungkook. What happened?" Taehyung asked as he put down the pizza and cola in front of me.

"Another case."

"Ah. Is that the Yeosang case?"

I nodded at him. No doubt, he knew that because news have wings.

"He's been missing for the past five days. Then suddenly his friends founds found him dead? That's amazing."

Really Taehyung? This guy is pretty excited about cases. I glared at him as he chuckled in front of me.

"Wanna sneak into the crime scene?" He smirked.

Hell yeah we should!

-------

The tunnel was creepier at night. The smell became worse and the dark alley gives me chills. I know I shouldn't believe on ghosts but what if-

what if Yeosang's spirit is lurking around here?

No, no. I shouldn't think of that. I'm a brave detective. I'm brave. I can do this. I can do this. I can. 

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!"

-------------

Taehyung screamed and hang to my body. Great, both of us are scared. I forgot that I am with a wolf that's scared of cats.

"Tae- calm-"

"There's somebody crying. I mean, the sounds!"

I calmed him down by wrapping my arms around his trembling body. I shushed him and focused on whatever I am hearing. By now, all I hear is my breathing along side with Taehyung's. Suddenly,

Yeo-

Sang...

Come back...

I heard the voice with sobs coming from the owner. I continued to walk with Taehyung. I remembered the path that Seonghwa and the others told me, and went there. From there we saw,

















 

Hongjoong crying alone with a blade on his hand pointed through his wrist.