Chapter 5 [A Night Out]

The Unknown Killer | j.jk + k.th

Chapter 5
A Night Out (Resolution)

--- Jungkook's POV ---

"So basically one of us has something to do with any of you or that annoying Ha Neul!", Baekhyun started shouting. He looks like he's about to throw tantrums though.

"Gosh, can you shut up?", Taehyung said while rumbing his temples. Honestly, Taehyung looks good doing it. But, he always does it when he's annoyed. That clearly means he's annoyed to Baekhyun right now.

"Damn you, BTS member." Baekhyun pouted and remained quiet. Bambam entered the room with Investigator Ji Eun who is holding some papers in her hand.

"So, as you can we all gathered you because Ha Neul, was killed." Yugyeom started. Namjoon had his eyes wide. Joong Gi got his mouth agaped oped and eyes large. While Baekhyun stumbled on his chair.

"What do you mean killed?", Joong Gi asked still surprised with what Yugyeom said.

"Unfortunately, that's why we gathered the three of you here because one of you is the suspect with what happened to Ha Neul.", Bambam said.

"Lucky for us, we found something that may be used by the killer to kill Ha Neul. We had it fingerprint scanned and found out whose finger it belong to. We examined the school files of the three of you, and scanned each fingerprint. One fingerprint from the three of you, matched on the fingerprint on the murder weapon.", Inspector Ji Eun said.

"Now will you tell is what you real motive of killing Ha Neul.....



 

 

 

 

Lee Joong gi?"

The three of them were frozen on their spot, especially Joong Gi. "You killed Ha Neul?!?!", Baekhyun stood up reaching out for Joong Gi's collar.

"I- I didn't!", Joong Gi denied. "I seriously did not it! I swear! Ues, I tried killing Ha Neul but I wasn't the one who killed him!"

"Yugyeom! Please believe me! Bambam please! Taehyung please! Jungkook please!", Joong Gi kneeled on his place facing each one of us.

I feel guilty with how he looks. He does not look like he's a killer, but he still tried to kill Ha Neul. I know. He isn't the killer. I looked at Taehyung and he gave me a small smile and wink.

"I swear Yugyeom! I didn't kill Ha Neul. He-"

"Shut up! How could you!? You killed Ha Neul! He thought of you as a friend! His best friend! How strong as a traitor are you?!", Baekhyun shpited almost punching Joong Gi but Namjoon caught his fist.

"That's enough, Baek. Hurting him won't bring Ha Neul back." Namjoon said. He's right. If Baekhyun will hurt Joong Gi for Ha Neul he'll just end up getting sanctioned. Well, you shouldn't really mess up with the friend of someone you hurt.

"How did he kill Ha Neul though?", Namjoon asked in curiosity. Baekhyun went to the chair beside Namjoon stomping away from Joong Gi while the said lad was still kneeling on the floor and looking down.

"He used a key to kill Ha Neul.", Bambam said while grinning at the sight of Joong Gi.

"He mentioned earlier that he came back of the dorm, but he didn't. His roommates haven't seen him. Daehwi even mentioned that he went to your room and didn't ffind you." Yugyeom said.

"Yes, I stabbed him with the key, and cut him. But, he was already dead when I saw him. Seriously. He told me to go to the laboratory. There, I saw him unconcious. My anger for him came. My envy took over. I took out my key, and stabbed him with it. It is to make sure if he really is dead. When I saw that he's already really dead, that's where I hid the key. I'm sorry." Joong Gi said weakly.

"Well, envy really does something bad to others." Namjoon commented.

"Why do you deny that you killed him?" Bambam came near.

"He didn't kill him."

"What? Jungkook?", Yugyeom exclaimed with a hint of surprise on his face.

"He was already dead before Joong Gi stabbed him", I glanced at Taehyung in which he thought as a signal of taking out the inhaler he found.

"Somebody put an insecticide in Ha Neul's inhaler. He was exposed to Carbamates and Organophosphates before even beong stabbed by Joong Gi. He must be addicted to the insecticide that that the person put, making him dead."

"I found Ha Neul's inhaler in the weighing scale hidden in the laboratory materials on the glass shelf. You may not have examined those yet since it has no signs of touching. Ha Neul is an asthmatic guy, therefore he needs this inhaler. Let me guess Joong Gi. You asked someone to kill Ha Neul didn't you?"

The said lad looked up at Taehyung with wide eyes. Joong Gi then slowly nodded.

"Taehyung's right Joong Gi. You mentioned earlier that you just made sure that Ha Neul is dead, which is true. A while ago when we interviewed each of you, you asked if the killer killed him even if we didn't mention Ha Neul's death. You knew didn't you?", I looked at the down Joong Gi.

"I do not know that killer. But I've talked to him through phone. He called me, asking me if I want to satisft myself. He's forcing me into killing Ha Neul. I do not know how he knew of my envy on Ha Neul. All he told me is that he can sense my envy. When he finally took control of me, I agreed." His cries were filled in room.

Whoever this killer is, he is great at manipulating people and targeting his witnesses. He's also a keen observant and intelligent one. Enough eith compliments, he's still a killer. But, why does he  do this?

"Do you have the caller's number saved?", Yugyeom asked.

"No. As soon as the call was finished, it was all gone. The number, the recorded call. Everything was gone. I even asked my tech friend to trace it. But no call history of the killer was found."

Okay, this killer is really an intelligent one. How could he hack so fast? Looking at Joong Gi, he looks like he was just pushed to his limits of envying Ha Neul. I know Ha Neul forgives him. Joong Gi was just used. But still, he can't forget the envy that went through him.

"You have to come with us in the police station. Give your statement honestly and it's the best if you won't fight back." Inspector Ji Eun entered with two more police.

Everyone was dismissed in the area. Yugyeom, Bambam, Taehyung, and I are making our ways to our dorm. "Too much happened. Does that mean you're back to zero with killer?", Taehyung asked Yugyeom who sighed heavily.

"Yeah, he's an intelligent one. All of his cases were either thrown or unused. They will try to locate the killer's phone."

"I bet the killer isn't just one." Taehyung said making the three of us look at him.

"Look detectives, if he's alone, how can he immediately kill those people easily. Unless..."

"He knows the victim personally." Now it makes sense why the victims are easily killed. They know whoever that killer is. They know who he or she is as someone who isn't dangerous.

"That's a big possibility. No, that's it is! You're right Taehyung." Bambam said smiling at Taehyung.

"Will you join us in our future investigations?" I asked Taehyung. He's a keen observer and a genius one.

"I don't know, Kookie. Ask your friends."

"Well you're welcome to join", Yugyeom smiled. I'm glad they accept Taehyung even if Taehyung is a known bad boy. Because being a bad boy is what defines him most.

"Thank you."

------------------------------------

My eyes still feels light. I can't sleep. Maybe it's because of the case a while ago, which still bothers me, or it's Hongjoong in the living room playing keyboard. Goddamn this dorm. It's big yet not soundproof.

I jolted up from my bed when a knock from my window was heard. I looked out and saw Taehyung on the window. This guy is really good at climbing windows isn't he?

"Let's go racing. I'm bored and I can't sleep." Taehyung smiled his box smile.

I missed racing. They might have forgotten the best racer in the illegal motorcycle racing, JK. I took my leather jacket and my helmet. I quietly went out of my room and went to Hongjoong's room. Good thing that idiot is busy singing Purple Rain on the keyboard, and Seonghwa is asleep.

I went out of the window and used the emergency ladder down. While Taehyung on the other side was swinging on the windows. Is he the son of King Kong?

The both of us went to the parking area where our motorcycle was parked. I ran to my motorcycle as soon as I saw it's shining silver plates. "My baby! I miss you"

Taehyung behind me came near. "I missed you too", he whispered with his deep voice. I wouldn't say I'm not flustered with his voice. It sounds so y.

"Shut up, Hyung" I playfully smacked his face. I wore my helmet started my motor. Taehyung stepped behind me.

"Hey! You have your own motorcycle!"

"I'm not in the mood in racing. I'd rather watch you race. You're the best racer with that shining silver baby of you."

I grunted and went for the secret back exit of the university. This exit really comes useful for students who goes cutting, like my jerk gang.

We made our way to the hidden street of illegal racings, with the breeze of wind hitting my face, and Taehyung on my back holding to my waist. It felt good.

"If it isn't our best racer JK", a came near me kissing my cheeks then handling me a rum and I exited my motorcycle.

"I have company today girls, I'm sorry", I said while taking the rum from her. The grunted and stepped away from Taehyung and I.

"She's annoying." Taehyung beside me pouted making me chuckle.

"Who's your company, JK?", a big man came to us, I believe he's Lance. I just forget their names. They're not important anyways.

"My name is Ta-"

"His name is Apollo. My friend", I cut Taehyung.

"Yes, Apollo. Nice meeting you big guy", Taehyung said smiling at Lance.

"You too. Enjoy the night with JK." Lance bid goodbye and made his way to the s.

"Why did you cut me off?", Taehyung pouted.

"Cut that pout. You shouldn't tell your name here. This place is where you can be yourself."

"Why Apollo?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I find you charming like Apollo, and you shine like a sun"

"Really? You find me charming?"

I don't know if Taehyung is really fliritng with me. But if he is flirting with me, well, he's doing great.

"Shut up"

"WELCOME TO THE BEST STREET RACING IN OUR COUNTRY"

Taehyung and I faced the guy with microphone speaking. Taehyung looks like he's judging the guy while drinking his vodka, which makes me laigh at him. The latter just glared at me.

"Any contestants up for joining?"

I raised my hand along with 2 others. They are really confident in battling with me aren't they?

"The drug guy with a charming girl, Dawn!", the announcer said. Dawn stood up with his girl.

"Isn't he Kim Hyo Jong?" Taehyung beside me whispered. I nodded at him. "That girl is Hyuna right?" I nodded once again.

"The guy with a good looks, Z!", as the announcer said that and good looking guy went up with a girl.

"Now! Our last contestant! The legend with a silver motorcycle and Sun God! JK!", the announcer shouted. Cheers were heard as I stood up.

I handed my hand to Taehyung. "Be my lucky guy, Apollo." He smiled then took my hand. We both made our way to the stage while holding our hands.

"Let the race begin!"

I readied my motorcycle. I keep on testing it's wheels while Taehyung looks around him. When my wheels are ready, I wore my helmet and sat on my motorcycle.

"Hop In, Apollo. I want you to bring me luck." I said facing Taehyung.

Taehyung rode behind me  putting on the given belt for the two of us then putting on his helmet.

"ARE YOU ALL READY!?"

"SET"

"GO"

I started my motor fast. Taehyung behind me keeps on praying. He was shouting different prayers behind me making me chuckle.

I was on the front by now, Hyo Jong was chasing my speed now. He was now beside me. I fasten my engine and ran my motorcycle faster than his.

Z wasn't losing himself either, his speed took over Hyo Jong as I can see from my side mirror.

Z was now beside me. I removed my left foot from the gas then kicked Z's motorcycle whicle smirking him.

"Damn you JK!", he cursed when he fell down with his motorcycle. I just chuckled them smirked as I fasten my motorcycle more.

"Is that fine?"  Taehyung shouted from behind. Probably fighting against the wind with his voice. "There's no rules, sweetheart", I said.

The finish line was closing and I reached it before Hyo Jong. Z followed while glaring dagger at me, in which I return with a smirk.

Everyone congratulated me, while Taehyung beside me was looking into blank space.

"Hey Apollo, we won!"

"Yeah we did! But I felt lost, my souls! Gosh!"

I chuckled at his reactions then put my arm on him.

"Let's go back."

I could feel his face heat up but I ignored it. I just smirked at him as we make our way to the university.