Chapter 9 [Under Illussion of Murder]

The Unknown Killer | j.jk + k.th

-----
_________

CHAPTER 9

Under Illusion of Murder

___________

I glanced a the wall clock of our class room. Our mathematics teachers is still busy ranting about numbers. I glanced to my right side and saw Yugyeom sleeping on his desk. Bambam beside me was busy writing numbers on his notes. While me? I'm busy staring at space.

My mind does not connect with the mathematics that the teachers in front is ranting about. I'm more focused thinking of the past cases. Joong Gi's phone call, Yeosang's killer, and Mingi's killer.

 My brain is still busy processing about how Mingi was killed that easily by the killer. Plus, who the killer is. The only people around Mingi that time was me, Taehyung, Bambam, and Yugyeom. How could they possibly kill anyone around observant people? Because I'm a hundred percent sure that no one came near our location. The only possible answer is, if the killer is one of us.

No one can kill someone in our group, if we are men of justice. It will be unreasonable for the four of us to kill Mingi when all we want is to give Yeosang justice for his death. However, the idea never leaves my head. No matter what, I shouldn't be under the illusion of the murderer.

Yugyeom, Bambam, and I made our way to the cafeteria with a comfortable silence. I almost jumped when arms were wrapped around my torso in surprise. I looked back and saw Taehyung smiling smugly at me.

"Kookie, Kookie, do you wanna go racing later night?"

Honestly, I haven't feeling okay ever since Mingi's death. Going racing may not be suitable for my mood for now. I need something more sentimental.

"Sorry. But, I can't."

"Awww, oki oki then~~"

I have declined many things and opportunities in my life. Like how I refuse the modelling offered by a rich company, SM Entertainment. Also how I rejected joining the most famous gang, Big Bang, in this school. There are so many thing that I have declined my whole life, just like declining Taehyung's invitation for racing. Unfortunately for me, I accepted.

"What are you sulking there, Kookie? I didn't even force you to come."

That's why I'm sulking! I don't know why I came here when he didn't even force me. In fact, I was even the one whole told him that we will go. Why did I do that again? I just scoffed at Taehyung and silently drank my whiskey.

"Why did you even suddenly want to go here?"

"Because I want you to see someone here." Taehyung seriously replied. I raised an eyebrow at him questioning what he said. Who will I even want to see when the one I want is already in front of me. I mean, is Ariana Grande even here? 

"Just wait, Kookie. Chill your , he may be coming by this time now."

I just want to say that I'm chill. I don't even know who that person is, or what's so special about him that destiny wanted me to come here with Taehyung. But wait, how did he know that that someone is coming here?

"I came here yesterday, to clean s on my mind. Then I found this person lurking around this messy street." He comes here? I shouldn't have told him about this place, or else he'll be here forever.

"Don't worry, I won't make it a habit coming here everyday. I just did it to ease my mind." He said as if he reads my mind. "You're easy to read." He continued. I scoffed at him then proceeded drinking my whiskey.

After a short while, Taehyung patted my shoulder. I looked a him questioning his deeds but he pointed somewhere with his lips. I sighed then looked through its direction. He was pointing at a man with a brown undercut which is facing the right side. I recognize the man as Seo Young Ho. He is actually Jimin's classmate who messes up with Jimin most of the time. But, what's with Taehyung and him?

"I know him as Johnny, he's Jiminie's idiotic classmate." Taehyung eplied as he drinks his tequila.

"What's so special about him?"

"Do you know about the school rant group in Facebook?"

I have a Facebook account but I rarely use it. I use it for memes and messing around. Mostly, I'm not active with it since I'm busy creating music. I've known of that rant group since I'm part of it but I haven't read any rants from there.

"Yeah, I do."

"Johnny, he's pretty suspicious as the killer."

That caught my attention more than the conversation before. But, suspicious?

"He's been posting stuffs in there about the killer. He's calling him out as if he wants to meet the killer face to face."

I gripped my whiskey glass then stood up. 

"I've had enough, let's go back."

Taehyung looked up at me with a questionable look. "Already?"

"I'm not in the mood, come."

-----------

It's been afternoon yet Bambam still haven't come from the class. It worries me but at the same time does not. I mean, what if he just want to rest. 

"Have you seen Bambam anywhere?" Yugyeom from beside me asked. Unlike me, Yugyeom looks worried. I guess it's because their whole life, him and Bambam have been together.

"No, aren't you his dorm mate?" Yes right, why does Yugyeom not know about Bambam's location when they live together.

"He wasn't there since the time I woke up. Usually, I'm the one waking him up." Yugyeom bit his lips. He looks like he's shivering.

"You're big but you're such a nerve-wrecked guy."

"Just because I'm big does mean I can't be a coward!" He lightly slapped my arm making me chuckle at him.

Just then someone went running. It was an unfamiliar student who looks like he just saw a dead body. Wait. Is there a new case?

"Some one from the glee club...."

Yugyeom and I glanced at each other. New day, new case? Seems like it.

"Leaad the way."

When stood up from our seats and ran our way to the glee club room following the guy in front of us. The door was opened and we were met by two other students and a corpse lying on the floor with a bullet on his heart.

"Where's your other companion? Huh?!?" An angry guy with pink hair shouted at me and Yugyeom.

"Jungkook, he's talking about Bambam or Taehyung?" Yugyeom asked me. I shrugged my shoulders then faced the guy. "What do you mean?"

"Bambam! The Thai guy! He killed jinjin!" The pink head guy angrily exclaimed.

Yugyeom and I faced each other in horror. What is this guy saying about Bambam killing his club mate? Bambam disappeared since a while ago, could it be? No! That's impossible.

"Stop it, Min Hyuk. Let them investigate." The other guy with black hair said. I remember knowing him a Cha Eun Woo from the Drama Club. "I'm Dong Min. This is Moon Bin." He pointed at the guy who called us.

"I'm Jungkook, and he's Yugyeom. What happened here?"

"When Moon Bin and I entered this room, we saw Min Hyuk crying on the floor. We looked through the direction he's facing and found Jinjin's body laying on the floor with a bullet on his heart." Dong Min or as I know as Eun Woo said. 

"What does he mean by Bambam killing Jinjin?" Yugyeom nervously asked as he point at Min Hyuk.

"You really don't know?!? Jinjin was supposed to send an email to Bambam!" Min Hyuk angrily said while he point at the laptop on the table.

I went near the laptop and read the email that Jinjin was supposed to send to Bambam. It says...

BAMBAM

 rttero tae evufecm hesdrdi

Damn ciphers....

------------

Inspector Ji Eun went to the glee club room where all of us were gathered to investigate. 

"Bambam wasn't replying to his brother's texts either..." Ji Run sadly muttered.

I patted back back and assured her that hopefully, Bambam will be fine. It's just... hopefully...

I tried texting Bambam but he wasn't replying. Yugyeom and Taehyung did but neither got a reply back.

I am sitting at the corner of the glee club room along with Taehyung. We're both having troubles deciphering the code given to by the killer.

"Something doesn't feel right." Taehyung said.

"What do you mean?"

"Clearly, this killer isn't the famous killer we all know. He's a different one."

"How exactly?"

"Remember the Yeosang case? The one we pointed out as the killer, which is Mingi, was killed in an instant. That was similar to one case did by the killer and the pointed killer died."

"Might be a coincidence."

"But, whenever someone is killed, there is always a call or talk with the killer. It means the killer is only anseering requests."

"So, this isn't a doing of the killer?"

"Most likely. Since, the witnesses and friends of Jinjin did not mention any signs of fights among them."

I can't help but think that Taehyung's right. This might be someone's doing and that someone ins't the infamous killer that the who Jin Young University students know.

Let's just hope he is the killer, so there won't be another killer lurking around here.