Department lunch is different from a date

This Man Is Not Real

Jimin watched Taehyung train Soojin for almost half an hour and his eyes even though they're pretty small, are sparkling. He just could not believe that the one he drew actually exists. Though, Taehyung suggested that Jimin should somehow listen and observe but of course, Jimin's mind is half-absent and just floating and very much in awe.

"We're almost done, Jimin-ssi. I hope you're getting something from our training." Taehyung flashed him a boxy-grin while assisting Soojin navigate the software on her designated desktop. "I can just train you after lunch, right?" Taehyung added. 

"A-ah, yes!" Jimin snapped back to reality. He has been daydreaming for almost half an hour as well. Good thing, he took some notes and he can just review everything. Soojin just arched an eyebrow and looked at Jimin as if he killed someone.

What's her problem? I didn't even do something to her. 

After Taehyung trained Soojin, he stood up from the seat next to her and stretched his arms out with a loud groan. "I'm going back to my desk first to fix something and by 11:30, let's all go out for lunch, alright?! Just us three since Namjoon hyung is still screening applicants." Taehyung said, waving as he went back to his spot.

As much as Jimin wants to send Minji a text message already about everything, he just can't yet. It's his first day so he has to make the best first impression. 

Anyway, he's left with Soojin now and it's just freaking 10:30. One more hour to go and he just sighed. But since he's not a terrible person, Jimin attempted to make a small conversation with Jisoo who is trying to explore the navigations all by herself.

"So, I wonder why you hate me." Jimin scooted close to Soojin with his chair and propped his elbow against the table. 

"I don't." Soojin shrugged, still her eyes are fully focused on the computer screen. 

"You like me?" Jimin's lips curled into a teasing grin as if he's just talking to a younger sister and his question made Soojin face him with her eyebrow arched.

"Are you usually this cocky, Jimin-ssi?" 

"Oh my god, no. I'm just wondering why you're so mad at me even when we just met."

"I don't, okay? You got your answer. Please stop bothering me."

"If you say so? We're working in the same place, Soojin-ssi. We can't be like this forever."

"My gosh, Jimin-ssi. What do you want to talk about then? Also, you weren't paying attention earlier. You think I didn't see it?"

"Uhm, I was--"

"So annoying." Soojin muttered under her breath and shook her head while typing in a few details on her desktop. "Also, you're really not going to catch up? You're getting your out of here after three months of probation, Jimin-ssi."

That was all. Jimin and Soojin's conversation only lasted for a few minutes and they would exchange "yes" or "no" when Soojin tried to explain some parts he didn't really understand. 

Maybe she's just really built like that. 

One hour later, finally it's lunch time! Taehyung approached the two and brought them to a nearby Japanese restaurant. Jimin also took advantage of their lunch time to send Minji a text message.

SMS to >>  ugliest princess

YAH, REMEMBER THE ONE I ILLUSTRATED AND POSTED ON THE WEB????

SMS to >> Park Jimin, son of my parents

omg i can hear u from ur message and what about it??? 

SMS to >> ugliest princess 

HE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE MY DEPARTMENT HEAD

SMS to >> Park Jimin, son of my parents

?????? really???? send me a pic. i'm in the class right now :D this is so tragic i want to go home

SMS to >> ugliest princess

HAHAHAHAHA WAIT I'LL PRETEND TO GET A SPOON. DON'T CUT CLASSES. I'LL SMACK YOUR HEAD. >:(

SMS to >> ugliest princess

SMS to >> Park Jimin, son of my parents

you're giving me goosebumps. atleast u have a reason to go to work everyday. u won't be late anymore ugly. -_- hahahaha what are u eating?

SMS to >> ugliest princess

We're in a Japanese resto! It's his treat. :)

SMS to >> Park Jimin, son of my parents

ok ok enjoy lunch! i will eat too. ;)

 

After he exchanged a few text messages with his younger sister, Jimin sat properly next to Soojin as they are sitting across Taehyung. They didn't wait for too long until their food arrived. Jimin noticed that Jisoo's comfortable with Taehyung. They were exchanging some thoughts outside work but he didn't mind it since he was so busy listening to Taehyung. 

Jimin learned that they were in the same age as well as Soojin. He also learned that he's originally from Daegu but then he met Seokjin through Namjoon who was his best friend since high school. 

"Jimin-ssi, so Hoseok hyung is your friend? He is really a cool marketing head-- anyways, you're also somewhere from Jongno-gu, right?"

Jimin nodded and responded, "Mm, he's my friend since we were like kids, hah and I'm yes, Jongno-gu. In Naesu-dong to be exact." 

"Well, I'm not sure if you've seen me before but I'm actually renting a unit near Hoseok's hyung's apartment since I can't go home from time to time."

"Oh? Really? I'm not sure if I have seen you before..." Jimin laughed nervously before he slurped the noodles of his ramen. 

"I've seen you before with Hoseok hyung but I am so late for work. It's so so nice to meet you then, Jimin-ssi." Taehyung reached for Jimin's hand to shake and he continued eating before suggesting,

"Maybe I can join you later on your way home, Jimin-ssi? If you don't mind! We share the same shift anyway..."

As if Soojin wasn't there in the table, Jimin curled his lips into a wide grin causing his eyes to turn into crescents and he nodded in response. 

"Of course! Sure!"

 


Author's Note:

Hi everyone! It's finally up! Sorry it took me soooooooooo soooooooooo long. I'll update real quick for I am excited for the next chapters. Also, sorry if you ever get confused- I put their thoughts in italic. Why do y'all think Soojin is like that? Haha. Thoughts? Let's also pretend that it was Soojin in the picture AHAHA. Have a great day! I love this song so much by the way.