Status: Unemployed and about to give up

This Man Is Not Real

"Good morning! I'm Park Jimin and I graduated from Haneul University. I majored in communication. I'm pretty flexible and can work under pressure. I am also a fast learner. I can see myself five years from now as someone who is improved and still improving and of course, I see myself still working for this company if given a chance."

"Okay, I've read your resume... we'll give you a call on Thursday for the results. Thank you!"

"I'm just going to call you for the results on Monday. Thanks for showing your interest."

"Awesome. We will let you know about the results so please keep your phone on."

"You sound great. I'll call you on Friday for the results?"

For the nth time, Jimin plopped down on his bed with a loud groan, frustrated with pretty much everything. That was only for this week. It's been a few months already since he graduated from university and he thought that everything's gonna be just fine after his graduation.

"Goddammit, why am I getting a call?!?! From... shopping network...?" he blinked twice before he realizes that it must be Minji, his sister, ordering stuff from online again.

"Park Minji!" Jimin sat on his bed with a loud huff and rushes to his sister's bedroom who is currently doing her 'vlog'. But Jimin could care less. He's frustrated and so he entered Minji's bedroom without even knocking. "Yah, what are you doing?! What did you buy again?" he asked so Minji put her camera down with a small pout.

"Oppa, that's going to be the last one. I promise. Plus, I believe in you. You're getting a job! Congratulations!" Minji said while clapping her hands. Jimin just sighed and squinted his eyes at her. "No one called me this week, Minji-yah. That'll be the last one, okay? For now. Ugh, I'm just going to sell my body! This is so outrageous!" 

Minji bursted out into a loud laughter and pinched Jimin's arm as hard as she can saying, "Oppa, don't sell your body just yet-- gosh. You give up so easily. Listen to me. You'll find a job soon. Plus, didn't mom tell us that until you get a job, she'll provide for us, she'll provide what we need? Except for our wants, though."

Even if Jimin wanted to get pissy at his younger sister, he just couldn't. One of the reasons why he keeps on going is because of Minji after all.

"Now, now... can we eat outside for dinner, oppa?!" 

Jimin couldn't say no and this routine went on for almost a year. Eleven months into unemployment, Jimin already gave up. Though he saved money for the two of them, of course, with the help of their parents who are both working abroad.

He found himself getting bored as days go by. He also stopped applying for jobs already for his motivation is very very low than the usual but he started to work on his favorite hobby which is to make realistic images of imaginary people using the new computer that his parents bought him. 

Friday morning, while he's home alone since Minji went to school, he woke up with a smile on his face. 

Not because he dreamt of something really good but he had an idea in his mind that kept him up all night. Without wasting his time, Jimin got up from his bed to turn on his computer. 

He's going to make a website for his works. Maybe he can sell them, too? To make money and plus, he enjoys what he is doing. 

Very excited, Jimin started to work on the design first and took him hours to finish only the draft design of his website. He didn't even take a bath and ate breakfast because he's just really really excited. The process went on for weeks and after he's done with the website itself, he plopped down on his bed with a big big smile on his face. Finally, he's going to sleep nice after a lot of rejections. 

"Oppa... that's  so awesome. You made that? You made those images?" Minji asked the next morning as she stared, amused on what she's seeing on the computer's screen. 

Jimin just curled his lips into a grin. He knows that his sister is very honest.

"Maybe you can make me an imaginary boyfriend, oppa?" Minji jokingly said and by that, she earned a light hit on her arm from her brother. "No boyfriends until your graduate from university!" 

Jimin and Minji bickered for a few more minutes until Jimin's phone rang. The call is from an unknown number but he still picked up the call.

"Hello, this is Park Jimin. Who is this?"


 

Author's Note:

The first chapter is up! GUESS WHO THE CALLER IS?! Took me two hours to do this. It's been awhile after all and I'm feeling energetic and motivated unlike Jimin here ahaha. I hope you're having a good day! Tell me what you think about it, please. TT_TT I have a lot of ideas in my head right now like... only if I can put them all quickly into words. I just feel really good now that I'm back in writing a story. It's a big step for me to be this motivated again. Lol. Anyway, this is what Jimin and Minji look like in this chapter. 

JIMIN, I'D GLADLY HIRE YOU FOR JUST BREATHING SKSKSKS. 

ALSO, RYUJIN LOOKS REALLY REALLY GOOD AND GIVES OFF THAT LAID BACK AND POSITIVE VIBES SO I USED HER AS MINJI HERE. :(