Z E R O

Zero-Four
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
♡ Bonus Chapter ♡

It was Saturday evening and I had just put on a blouse and fitting pants. Having finished my make-up already, I only needed to brush my hair and then I would be ready. I had been looking forward to this evening for quite some time and now that it had arrived, I couldn’t wait to leave the house since Baekhyun and I had something special planned.

Heading to the living room, I spotted Baekhyun sitting on the sofa, watching over Yeona as she played with her dolls. I lingered in the doorway and observed them with a smile on my lips, holding in a giggle when she proudly showed him her favorite doll. She had entered our lives four years ago and since then, the little sunshine had brightened up our days. Quite literally, since she not only had inherited her father’s gorgeous blue eyes but also his ability to manipulate light. Her hair was black like mine and she loved adding colorful hair clips to it.

Getting her ability under control had been difficult at first. When she had been a baby, she’d made the lights flicker whenever she started crying or got hungry. As she got older, Baekhyun had taught her how to control it and she’d gotten the hang of it over the years even though she was still young—I was proud of her.

“What are you two doing?” I asked since they both were too engrossed in their conversation to notice me.

Baekhyun looked up and grinned, watching me from top to bottom. “Ah, you’re finally ready. We can leave,” he said and got up, taking Yeona’s small hand in his to lead her to the hallway.

“Mommy, where are we going?” she asked and glanced at me with big blue eyes, making me smile. I took her jacket from the hanger and helped her put it on.

“You are going to visit your uncles today because your dad and I want to go somewhere together,” I explained, a wide smile breaking out on her lips.

“Ohhh, really?” she said giddily. “I wanna build a snowman with Xiu-Xiu again.”

I snorted, exchanging a glance with Baekhyun who looked slightly annoyed. He knew what kind of shenanigans our friends were up to when they babysat her and he’d told them many times to leave their abilities out of it, but they never listened. Of course not.

Last time, Yeona had made them watch Frozen with her, and afterward, she had thrown a tantrum because she wanted to be like Elsa. Since Xiumin was as close to Elsa as it could get, he’d volunteered to make it snow for her and she had loved it. For days, she hadn’t stopped talking about it—it had been adorable.

“Maybe he will do that,” I grinned.

“Let’s go, you two slowpokes,” Baekhyun chimed in, impatiently standing at the front door of our house. He still wore his white hair with braids as he used to when I had first gotten to know him five years ago. The horizontal scar on his face had faded over time, but it was still visible on his milky skin, serving as a constant reminder of what we had been through together. He wore elegant clothing just like me, consisting of a black dress shirt and equally black pants.

We walked to the door and left the house. I kept Yeona’s tiny hand in mine as we descended the stairs in front of the porch. She wasn’t so small anymore, but she sometimes stumbled over the stairs and I didn’t want to take any risks. Baekhyun walked ahead and unlocked our car, helping Yeona in her seat in the back and securing her seatbelt

“Daddy, wait!” she said when he was about to duck out of the car.

“What is it, sunshine?” he smiled.

“I want a kiss,” she said and giggled when he breathed a soft peck on the tip of her nose.

“Happy?”

“That tickles,” she giggled. “Thank you.”

“Sure,” he grinned and closed the door to walk around the car to the driver's side. I was already waiting for him, sending him an affectionate smile.

“You’re good at this,” I commented.

“What?” he asked as he drove towards the next intersection.

“Being a parent.”

“Well, I know what makes my two ladies happy,” he smirked mischievously and glanced at from the corner of his eye. He would never stop being a tease, his playful remarks having become normal to me at this point, nonetheless he sometimes still managed to fluster me with them.

“I have to agree. You’re the best husband I could wish for,” I said honestly and my smile brightened when I saw his ears turn red. He didn’t like to admit it, but he liked it when I said things like this to him. “I wonder what the others have planned today,” I added quietly, glancing at the passing scenery.

“I’m pretty sure I don’t want to find out,” he answered sarcastically.

“Aww, come on! They’re taking good care of Yeona even if they sometimes have weird ideas. Building a snowman in summer is certainly not normal, but you saw how happy she was.”

“I guess you’re right,” he admitted reluctantly.

We arrived at their home a while later since they lived nearby. Baekhyun parked the car outside and I helped Yeona with her seatbelt, lifting her out of the car. She wrapped her arms around my neck and laughed excitedly, waving at Baekhyun who snorted at the sight.

“I’m as tall as mommy, look!” she gushed in her usual bubbly voice.

“I can see that, sunshine,” he answered, wrapping an arm around my waist while we walked up to the front door. I let Yeona ring the doorbell, hearing her hum a quiet tone as we waited for someone to open.

It was Kai who ripped open the door, wearing a wide grin on his lips. His green hair was unruly, not that it surprised me, and his eerie eyes focused on Yeona. “Hello princess!” he said and held his finger out to her so she could take it. This was the weird handshake they had come up with when Yeona’s hands had been smaller and now they had made it a habit.

“Hello!” she chirped. “Where is uncle Xiu-Xiu?”

Kai faked an extremely hurt pout and dramatically put his hand on his heart. “Why must you hurt me like this, princess? Am I not worthy?”

“Mommy, what’s he saying?” she asked confusedly and glanced at me with a pouty expression.

“He just likes you a lot,” I whispered in her ear, making her smile.

“You’re the same clown as always,” Baekhyun nagged at Kai, crossing his arms and glaring at him with icy eyes.

“Are you still mad about that time I stole your strawberry shortcake? Come on, it’s been a week!”

I ignored their bickering and walked into the living room with Yeona where the others were waiting for us, including Xiumin who she spotted first. “Uncle Xiu-Xiu!” she squealed and held out her arms to him, prompting him to chuckle. I set her down on the ground and she immediately ran up to him, jumping in his arms.

“Hello Yeona,” he said, patting her back and receiving some jealous glares from the other people in the room.

“Why is she so crazy about him and his dumb ice?” Chen complained and Sehun nodded, looking equally sulky.

“I know right? My ability is the best,” he said and I could already see a discussion coming, so I decided to interfere.

“Okay guys, what do you have planned for this evening?” I asked, drawing their attention to me.

“We thought about making pizza together and maybe watch a movie later,” Suho said.

“Sounds great. I hope you’ll have a fun evening together,” I smiled, turning around when Kai and Baekhyun finally arrived in the living room too. They had stopped bickering—a relief.

“Are you ready to leave?” Baekhyun murmured into my ear when he stood behind me. His arms wound around my stomach as he hugged me and gave me a peck on my temple. He was as clingy as always, not that I minded.

“Someone is impatient again,” I giggled. “Yes, I am. Yeona is in good hands, as you can see.”

“Have fun you two!” Lay said and smiled at us along with D.O. and Chanyeol. The others were so busy pampering Yeona that they didn’t look at us anymore.

“See you later,” Baekhyun replied and took my hand to lead me back to the car.

 

 

We ended up in the restaurant where we had spent countless dates before. It had become a habit to come here since the food tasted amazing and the waiters were nice too. At this point, they were familiar with us and sometimes brought free dessert after dinner. They’d managed to get Baekhyun to warm up to them even though he was reluctant to trust people he didn’t know well.

As usual when we came here, we had a reservation at one of the tables on the balcony. It was a warm summer evening and the fading orange light of the sun bathed the area in an ethereal glow. From up here, we had a beautiful view of the nearby green area where we sometimes went with Yeona. A big playground was located in the middle of it and she loved spending time there. Just seeing it made me smile and put me in a great mood.

We sat down at the table and ordered our favorite dishes this place h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter