University Series 04

University Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JESSE'S POV

"Alright, gather around boys. Because this is gonna get bumpy."

 

I rolled my eyes at Taeyeon who tried hard making his voice deeper for a more comic effect. In fact he looks just like the people in Lord of the Rings.

 

I was just standing on the side with my arms crossed observing their performance. We are currently on the field. Our daily practice starts today, and the first years has their own drills to run. I assigned Taeyeon to brief them on that. 

 

I don't even know if it was the right choice. This guy was full of jokes, but I do admit he is good at his game.

 

"Lower boys! Lower! Chaeyoung that's not good enough!" He is literally shouting at them while the first years were doing push-ups.

 

We've been together since highschool, and joined the same basketball team. I guess that's why people started pairing us. He knows my ways, I know his. We are totally in sync. That's why we are perfect to each other. 

 

Okay hold damn horses, I am not gay. I meant it as partners.

 

The two of us are the trump card of our team. If we start collaborating each other's game, we are unstoppable. Funny how he never wins on our one-on-ones though. I acknowledge Taeyeon as my level. I think he can beat me even if its by sheer luck but I always end up crushing the guy.

 

"Hey capt!" taeyeon called out for me.

 

"I have warmed the seat for you." he grinned proudly. Oh geez.

 

I let out a sigh rubbing my eyebrows at one of his tactics. He was sitting on Junhoe's back while the poor guy was doing his push ups. The first year was drenched with his big sweats clearly doing a terrible job at his drill.

 

"Taeng get off Junhoe, you're killing the boy."

 

"Oh, sorry bud. Didn't notice you there." he joked before making them stop and told them to form a line. 

 

He patted Junhoe's back complimenting him for withstanding his weight and apologizing for his jokes. Junhoe was smiling awkwardly and bowed in respect to the short guy.

 

Junhoe is a big guy, and standing next to Taeyeon made everything worse on our case. Taeyeon look like

 

"Taeng you look like the hobbit!" and somebody said it. Siwon.

 

The whole team was gathering around and taeyeon was on the spotlight. 

 

"Taengoo, how bout try saying my precious~ " Taecyeon smack the guy's shoulder while acting out the Lord of the Rings.

 

"That look good on you Taec. You're killing it." I teased. Giving him a wink in approval.

 

"Heard that Taec? Jesse approves of you being gollum." Onew clapped while wiping his invisible tears. A total drama. We laughed.

"Damn! No wonder I find you familiar to someone in the movies. Mystery solved." hyoyeon gasped.

 

"You guys are big bullies." Taecyeon sulked. Pouting his lips at us.

"Eww! Disgusting. Go home!" 

 

We all burst in laughter as we heard Yuri booing the guy. Taecyeon launch himself at the kkab and started their wrestle on the ground.

 

The first years were totally bewildered by whats happening right now. But it was normal to us seniors. Those violent acts were just one of our jokes.

 

"Alright, now that you've warmed up. We'll have a 20 round run in this field." I heard faint gasps coming from the first years.

 

"First years, you don't have to push yourself hard. But if you wanna be a regular right away. You should know how to amaze me." they nodded their head rapidly. 

 

"But I'm not expecting anything from you." I smirked.

 

Some of them seemed discourage. But Jeongyeon's eyes were on lit. Damn right. Those words were not meant to crush your spirits. I want you boys to shove it to my face how wrong I am about you.

 

Humiliate me ers.

 

"I'll be running ahead first. In 30 seconds you will run after me. Whoever will get to run side by side with me in a whole round, gets a spot." 

 

Now I'm liking the look on their faces. They are all fired up. Meanwhile my team was eyeing each other chuckling to themselves knowing they have failed miserably in attempting this challenge.

 

"Yuri, time me." he gave me a thumbs up.

 

I placed myself, cracked my neck side to side, and started stretching my legs.

 

"Why only 30seconds? Isn't that too short?" I heard one of the freshmen say. 

 

I chuckled underneath my breath.

 

"Oh you bet. It's short alright." Sooyoung replied in a sassy tone while my team was chuckling at the first years' innocence.

 

"Just watch this monster."

 

Geez they talk like I'm not here.

 

"Go!"

 

End POV

 

"Holy ." Dahyun heaved.

 

The first year's mouths were hanging as they saw how their Captain run. It was flawless as if the guy was as light as a feather. He didn't show any difficulty nor a tight expression.

 

Was he taking a jog? It didn't look like the guy was running hard but he was achieving a long distance in a very small amount of time.

 

"Took him months to achieve that beautiful form." Taeyeon stated.

 

"Alright let's get ready. His time is almost up." Yuri informed.

 

 

 

JEONGYEON'S POV

I look over to our Captain who was already far from us. Damn. He really is a monster and I still have a lot to work onto.

 

But this monster's the one I'm gonna surpass. There's no time to whine. I want to play in games. 

 

"Go!" and we ran.

 

Me, Dahyun and Chaeyoung were side by side. Taking it slowly first but were the ones in lead. Our seniors are taking the last places to make way to us first years.

 

The three of us eyed each other, nodding our heads. We decided to kick it up a notch yet steadying out pace since we know if we sprint through we'll eventually ran out of breath.

 

And there's still 19 rounds more. .

 

"Damn why aren't we shortening the gap?!" Dahyun cursed.

 

"Were still half of the distance he put." and Chaeyoung pointed out. 

 

"We should just catch up to him in the 19th round. We will then use our full force." they nodded to me in agreement.

 

It was the only way to complete this drill and to be able to take on his challenge. We know we have enough stamina to run 20 laps, but the problem is. Will we be able to catch up to him?

 

I'm sure he'll get tired in the 19th run right?

 

 

 

 

 

Nope. Not right.

 

"Is he even human?!" Dahyun exclaimed throwing his hands in the hair as he panted.

 

We were already drenched with our sweats. We just had the 19th run and our distance remained the same. He was so steady. 

 

Chanwoo's group already dropped out as their bodies gave in. Now they were lying on the ground. 

 

"It's now or never guys." I warned off.

 

"We're gonna die!!" Dahyun cried out earning Chaeyoung's laughter.

 

We then fasten our run. Slowly shortening our distance. Jesse Hyung seemed to notice us as he looked back a little giving out a little smile.

 

Nope. It was an evil smile.

 

"Oh come on capt!" Dahyun whined as we saw Captain distancing away from us again.

 

"Ah ."

 

The three of us gave ourselves determined looks before sprinting. Its do or die. This is how much we want to be in the games. 

 

Damn it he takes very long steps. He's clearly on a different league on us.

 

"HEOL!"

"JINJA?!"

"WHAT?!"

 

We h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter