University Series 03

University Series
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JESSE'S POV

"So what do you think of yesterday's recruits Jesse?" Taeyeon asked earning my attention as he started a conversation.

 

I looked over him. He was straightening his bag on his shoulders while pushing his hair back with his free hand. I almost scoffed at his way in making his so called fans oogle at him.

 

I've known Taeyeon for years now. I know the scheme behind those little act of his. This rascal.

 

We were on our way to our first class of the day. Taeyeon and I are both taking Engineering, somehow in almost every subject we were classmates. In basketball, we are a power duo.

 

It's like we are glued to each other that people even started a fandom on the two of us calling it "Taengsic"? I don't even know where did that come from. But just like that people are shipping us. Saying maybe we'll end up together since we were both single.

 

Seriously, we almost died in laughter because of that rumor. The team even started teasing us. Those fools.

 

And speaking of the team, "A little disappointed because none of them scored a single point on you guys." I answered him honestly.

 

"Yah! We don't get beaten easily okay?" he looked at me with disbelief. What a dork.

 

I just shrugged my shoulders, teasing the guy. He gave me a glare that just made me laugh at him. But I know how strong my team is now and I'm proud of it. I guess it was expected that they were defeated merciless but I wanted a really good catch.

 

"However, you did give me a unique one." I smirked at him. His eyebrows furrowed as he took time to process who I was talking about.

 

"Ah, you mean Jeongyeon?" I simply nodded my head.

 

"Did you really have to test him out yourself?" he questioned grabbing a drink as we stopped by on the vending machine at the entrance of our Engineering's department.

 

He passed one for me and I muttered thanks. Opening the lid of the can and smiled. Iced coffee is definitely the best.

 

"Neh. He would've crushed all of you."

 

I disclosed like it wasn't a big deal and took a sip out of my drink while Taeyeon choked on his.

 

"W-what?" I gave him a pity smile, signalling him to just continue walking.

 

"You're kidding, right?"

 

He chuckled wiping the stain of his drink on his mouth. He seem to notice how serious my face was that he asked once more.

 

"How can you tell?"

 

"I've seen his built Taeng. It was precised, it's like he perfected all his workout. He had the stance, and the stamina."

 

Taeyeon click his tongue, letting what I said sink in.

 

"Remember how I scored my last point?" I took a sip once again before continuing. Taeyeon just bob his head.

 

"You did a feint and dribbled around him. It was tricky. You did it so fast man! that was--" before he could compliment me, I was already giving him a look. He stopped and had a baffled face.

 

"He had his eyes all fixed on the ball. Despite me being behind him already. If he had more speed, he could've stole it from me. His eyes were telling it all." Taking the last gulp of my coffee. I scrunched up the can and shooting it to the trash bin like it was a ball. Ofcourse, it went in.

 

"So that's why your last shot wasn't a clean one."

 

Taeyeon muttered rubbing his chin. Now his quick to catch on.

 

"Right. I was flabbergasted. He was looking intently at the ball only. The very least I could expect."

 

To be honest I thought he wouldn't lay a finger on me. After the 4-point duel he only showed defeat. He had no chance on winning.

 

That, for sure was on my mind, yet that last point moment indicated an opening to his chance. I don't know if it was a spur in the moment or he just had it in him. Either way, he took me off guard.

 

"I can't believe he learned to cope up with me in just a short time. That guy could be dangerous if he were an enemy." I chuckled and Taeyeon still had his mouth agape at the sudden realization.

 

I smirked to myself. I ought to bring out the best in you Jeongyeon. Then we will duel once again.

 

"Come on, let's get to class." I patted Taeyeon's arm, waking him up from his nightmare.

 

He nodded his head and I rested my free arm on his shoulder.

 

I wouldn't wanna be late from our first day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The bell rang indicating our last subject for the day has ended. It was a quick lecture. Some of our prof just gave a list of chapters we need to read because will be having a test by the next meet up. Typical college routine.

 

I wouldn't call myself a genius like others label me. I just work hard, I guess.

 

I wasted no time and grab the documents on my bag and started checking them once again.

 

"Hey bud. Those the application forms?"

 

No needed to look up, I heard taeyeon asked as I felt a presence in front of me. I just simply nodded my head for that question.

 

"Our adviser wants to have it today. I don't know why they are in a rush. All of the clubs are scheduled deadline this afternoon." I informed still gluing my eyes on the sheets of paper.

 

"Maybe they wanted to adjust the funds for that. I mean you know the outdoor activities club are terminated. And they even had the most funds only to find out they were just making fun out of it."

 

I looked up raising an eyebrow to Taeyeon who was complaining. A tint of jealousy is painted on his face knowing the guy would want our funds to might as well, raise.

 

"That's what they do??" I pointed out with sarcasm.

 

"Right. I mean, they were using it the wrong way." he emphasized.

 

Now I agree to that. It was said that the club was actually buying drugs. Serves them right. They were toxic s.

 

"So, you accepted all of them?"

 

"Yeah. They all seem to have the resolve in joining." I shrugged as I watched the freshmen's club applications.

 

"They would've back out yesterday if they were such a ." I continued, grabbing my bag and getting ready to leave. Taeyeon just laughed at my statement.

I gave him a questioning look denoting what on earth was he laughing at.

 

"I just can't believe you said . You haven't even seen them." he burst laughing and I could only rub my forehead in frustration to this guy's erted mind.

 

"Jesus Taeng."

 

"Wh-at?" he started holding onto his stomach as much as how he was holding his laughter.

 

"You seriously need to get laid!" I rolled my eyes at him as I blew my hair.

 

"Whatever. I need to go now."

 

I just shook my head totally hopeless for my friend who just waved goodbye at me while still enjoying his laughter.

 

Why was it so funny?

 

END POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Mr. Lee."

 

Jesse greeted bowing his head 90 degrees the moment he saw their adviser named Lee Soo Man, on his desk.

 

"Ah, there's my favourite player."

 

The old man chuckled patting Jesse's shoulder. The guy was clearly awkward by the man's gesture. It was clearly painted on his face.

 

He acts like they were close when he was just one of those club advisers that just slack off. He never comes to their practice to monitor them and just show up when there's an official game or activities that are need for mandatory report for the dean.

 

"Here's the applications sir." Jesse handed the documents and Mr. Lee started checking them.

 

"Alright, thank you ms. Hwang. May I ask you, can you put these to the gym's storage room?"

 

Jesse looked on his back as he heard Mr. Park talking to a girl while pointing the 3 boxes of pompoms on his side.

 

How is she gonna carry that? Geez Mr. Park you're letting a girl carry that?

 

Jesse shook his head at the thought. He felt dismayed. Mr. Park was his ideal adviser. He was productive, serious and very--

 

"oh, Jesse!"

 

Oh no..

 

He turned his body to the voice's direction only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter