The Chaser - 7

The Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hi guys, it has been a really long while since the last update....

here's an upload of 2 chapters back to back! hope you like and enjoy reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohyun sensed the guys were avoiding him. He knew that they were withholding themselves when they talk, especially in his presence. Though Woohyun wanted to find out what was going on but he refrained to probe his teammates. However he was terribly disturbed. He did not want to think that it had got to do with his Sunggyu. He overheard Sungyeol mentioned the name while he woke up in the middle of the night to quench his thirst and, while passing by the study room with the door accidentally left ajar. His buddies had returned late and been in the room discussing about a case. Woohyun leaned on the wall and perked up his ears. Sungyeol’s squeaky voice could be easily detected but Howon was speaking with such a low that Woohyun had some difficulty in deciphering what he was saying.

 

“It is so unbelievable!”

“Sungyeol! You are too loud…”

“I am not loud! Everyone is already sleeping!”

“But still…”

“Howonnie! This can be some kind of a drama.”

“Lee Sungyeol. Let’s get back to the case or I’ll…”

“The young Kims were kept in the dark all these years. Do you think they never suspect anything?”

“I can see that they are smart enough and it is not impossible that they…”

“If this persists, Myungsoo and Sunggyu will be…..”

“Yes Sungyeol. And can’t you keep your volume lower a little? If Woohyun hears this…”

“Aren’t we going to tell Woohyun?”

“……”

 

“Hey… you looked out of sorts today. Is everything all right?” Woohyun noticed Sunggyu’s concerned gaze and pushed his cheeks upwards to erase the gloomy day over what he heard last night. The young pair placed the plates of toasts and omelettes that Woohyun prepared on the dining table and Myungsoo had sprint over while sniffing in the inviting smell. “Wow! Omelettes! My favourite!” Dongwoo bounced to the kitchen and pinched a big piece of the yellow egg. “Hyung! There are others who wanted to eat the omelette too!” The second Kim shrieked with a fork on his right hand. “Oh?” Dongwoo grinned innocently at the handsome face and shoved the remaining bits into his mouth and danced off. Seeing Myungsoo’s red face with puffed cheeks, Woohyun chuckled and comforted the lad. “Soo ah, hyung will cook another omelette for you. Don’t be upset okay?” Myungsoo sprung up from his seat and clapped his hands. “Thank you Woohyun hyung! You are the best! Unlike our terrible cousin that we have known for years!” The ignorant Dongwoo had put on his earphones and swaying his hips on a music that he had blasted on. Sunggyu brought the empty plate and stood beside Woohyun who had cracked the eggs onto the pan. “Sorry to trouble you in cooking breakfast for us. Actually you do not have to come here every morning to do this. We are able to whip out some breakfast on our own too.” Woohyun turned to him and pout. “Don’t you want to see me?” Sunggyu was taken aback with his honesty and flicked his eyeballs all over the place wondering how to answer him. Woohyun smiled and resumed his egg flipping. “I will miss you if I don’t come here.” Woohyun spotted the younger lowering his face shyly and beamed victoriously. Soon the guys had gobbled up all food from the plates and were resting on the couch and channel zapping. While Woohyun came out from the kitchen after washing the dishes, he yelped and held his foot up. Sunggyu flew to him and spotted the scowling guy had stepped over a chain with pendant. “Oh that is mine! It dropped again?” Myungsoo moved his hand to feel his neck while approaching Sunggyu who was swinging the accessory. It was a silver chain with a rectangular, metallic black sleek pendant. The dimpled lad took the necklace urgently and retreated to his room to mend the broken chain. “It is a nice pendant. Where did Myungsoo buy it from?” Woohyun was still thinking of the shimmery item when his gaze caught another gorgeous pendant. “You also have a similar pendant!” Sunggyu raised her necklace to Woohyun’s view. It was a metallic grey square-shaped pendant with crystalized outline. “We have been wearing these since young. They are like our lucky charm. If we misplaced it, we will feel uncomfortable.” Woohyun was a little jealous that he had yet to own such an exquisite accessory. He silently reckoned he would soon go shopping for a similar item to match with Sunggyu.

 

It was another day wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter