The Chaser - 1

The Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys, I'm back...

Will be uploading 2 chapters in a row...hope you will enjoy this story plot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He felt a warm palm on his cheeks before moving to the side of his forehead. He did not attempt to fend for himself. He assumed that the kind hand was to check his injury instead of punching him. He could not open his eyes properly due to the red liquid dripping down his right eye, blurring his vision. He was in ultimate pain. His limbs were burning with serious abrasions and his head spinning like a roulette. He winced to the evil bruises on his body.

He felt the palm trickling to his back and assisted to help him lean against the wall. A few seconds later, a cold damp cloth smelt of strong spirits was running over his temple and then a sharp burn from the deep cut. He grabbed one of that helping hand. The hand that was grabbed, stayed motionless even when he dug his nails into the skin while the other angelic hand still pressing and working on the wound. He felt a rough patch on the on the wrist that he was holding tightly to but soon losing his consciousness and his grip loosen. Before he passed out, he thought he saw an angel with glaring halo distorting his peeping vision.

“Hey kid! You are one damn lucky lad! Don't you ever die??” A sturdy guy smirked and sat down beside a pretty boy who smacked on his shoulder with no reserves. “He is my precious hyung, LEE HOWON! Stop cursing him!” “Yah! LEE SUNGJONG!” Howon massaged his slapped shoulder and gave an irksome look to the boy who was on the verge of tearing up. “Woohyun hyung... please don't be such a hero and give chase at all times, will you?” Sungjong started wailing and stuffed his face onto the bedsheets. “You can let a SOMEONE do the job instead!” Howon was annoyed with that suggestion coming out from the crybaby. Woohyun gently on the back of the sobbing boy and looked up to Howon with a faint smile. Howon nodded with understanding. This buddy of his would never leave him. Both of them were the best buddies since childhood, the best soccer players in school and now, current elites in their team. They would never give up on each other. Just like this time round, when Howon found his unconscious buddy in a bad shape... his eyes were glistened with tears. He flung his best friend over his shoulder and ran with all his might to the vehicle and stepped down the acceleration with no hesitation to the place to treat his damaged body. “Hush Sungjong ah... Hyung is fine.” Woohyun soothed Sungjong who had gathered himself up and calmed down with soft sniffs. Howon shook his head at the fragile figure. “How in the world are we even brothers?!” Howon mumbled under his breath. Woohyun heard that not-so-soft mumble and grinned at the Lee brothers who had opposite personalities.

Sungjong glared at the new intruder in the hospital room. “Oh hi Hyuna!” Woohyun with a perfect smile waved to his visitor. “Oppaaaa....” Hyuna was acting all meek and attending to the injured patient a little way too close. Physically. Sungjong was irritated to see Hyuna throwing herself on Woohyun's bed once she arrived and leaning on Woohyun's right side, pressing her s against his arm when she cooed the injured guy and wanting to feed him. Sungjong rolled his eyes. “Woohyun hyung's arms are perfectly fine to feed himself!” He wriggled in and plant himself as a human barrier between them. Woohyun messed up the pretty boy's hair and Sungjong seemed to have heard a sigh of relief slipped through his favourite hyung’s lips. For the past few minutes, Hyuna with a bright red colour lips fought with Sungjong over Woohyun's attention. Seeing the boy won't budge from his sitting area, the thick makeup woman sat on the chair beside the bed with a sulky plop repeatedly and made an excuse to end her visit and left the hospital. With Hyuna gone for the day, the 3 guys had much more fun chatting with each other thereafter.

“Whoa! What the hell had happened to your silly face?” A lanky guy poked on the healing cheek with his index finger and Woohyun swat his hand away. He turned to look at the mirror fixed on the walls of the guys' toilet to check out any visible marks despite the slabs of concealer that Sungjong helped to smear on the light blue-grey bruise on his face. It was not visible but still it could not escape the gummy guy's sharp eyes. “Lee Sungyeol! Where were you when I was putting up such an invincible battle a fortnight ago?” Sungyeol raised his brows. “It was term break for us to enjoy! Don't you remember? Jeju?” Woohyun knew the brewing drama when the tall guy squeaked. “Oh my gracious lord! Woohyunnie! Did you lose your memory? Is your head spoilt?” Sungyeol pulled the shorter guy's head under his chin and tried to rotate the head back-front, left-right with an exaggerated concern. “Let go you drama queen!” Sungyeol ignored and pulled Woohyun along to exit the toilet. “You should have tag along with me for the trip to Jeju. At least you won't get yourself cooped up in the hospital ward during those wonderful break from school.” Woohyun had to admit that Sungyeol could have been so right from the start of the school term break. He wanted to engage Woohyun to his team's task in Jeju but the ever famous stubborn Nam Woohyun insisted to stay put in Seoul with Howon for an operation that gifted him with a scar on right side of his head. Luckily his dark hair could cover it, however a 3cm healed stitched line linked from the cut covered by his dark hair was etched near his hairline.

“Yah! You two! Over here!” Howon gestured Sungyeol and Woohyun over to one of the table in the cafeteria that he had reserved for their lunch gathering. “Nam Woohyun, here's your lunch. Don't even attempt to give any to Sungyeol! EAT ALL BY YOURSELF!” Seeing Howon throwing daggers at Sungyeol who had his long fingers hovering at one of the plates with fries, Woohyun's lips curved upwards and started stuffing food into his mouth. From salad to burgers to fries and smoothie, he got the idea that his childhood buddy was still guilty over the incident as he had convinced Woohyun to work with him. And now Howon was showering his way of concern by buying food, more food and lots of food to make sure Woohy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter