The Chaser - 3

The Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight blazed through the small window and hit the sleepy guy's face. He groaned and used his hand to avoid the bright rays shining through from the window. A tight slap on his arm made him shot up and he so wanted to give a black eye on the gummy tall guy who was laughing shamelessly. “Wake up! It has already past lunch time! Mr Sleeping Beauty.” With that, Sungyeol left the room swiniging his and the pissed guy kicked off the blanket annoyingly. Woohyun felt a strain on his back and ran his fingers over the bandages on his arm. His tongue the cut on his bottom lip. This was what he got from that night's fight. Fortunately, these were minor injuries as compared to the past. And he had recovered by the second day when the doctor discharged him to rest at home. The muscle relaxant pills gave him an excuse to sleep through the days. As he walked into the living room and trying to evoking his memory on the help rendered to him that night when the thought was cut by someone. “How is our Nam Chaser today?” Woohyun heard the sarcasm. “Howon. Do you need to give me a title?” Howon smirked and picked up his mug to sit on the recliner nearest to the TV when the lanky housemate began. “Woohyun... Have you considered joining the national sprint team?” “I'm too old for that.” “You can try.” “No. Sungyeol...” “Since you are good at ditching us with a far distance with your short legs and chase after everyone.” “I did not ditch...” “You ran.” “I was running after the enemies!” “Happy chasing...” Howon was enjoying the exchanges between his two team members of four days ago. After few minutes of bantering, Woohyun decided to shut up. He knew the fiery enthusiasm in him often caused his team into a frantic search mode for him. He knew fairly well that all his teammates especially Howon and Sungyeol, were worried sick every time he did his chasing-then-uncontactable acts. He looked at his friends who acted nonchalantly now. “Look. I am sorry. It will not happen again!” Silence ticked by before Howon stood up. “There won't be an again any sooner.” Woohyun gave a puzzled stare at Howon. “You are suspended from all operations for the time being.”

 

The messy hair guy had been sulking for hours and even skipped dinner. The youngest housemate came knocking on his room with a tray of food. “Hyung?” Sungjong turned the knob and it was not locked. He stuck his head in and saw his favourite hyung leaning on the headboard, sitting crossed legged on his bed with folded arms pressing to his chest and plump lips jutting out. The young boy placed the tray on the nearby table and skipped towards the bed. “Hyung! I brought your dinner.” Woohyun in his protruding lips and pressed a thin line on his face. “Hyung! Aren't you happy to see me?” Sungjong looked down on the bedsheets. “Sungjong ah... please bring the food for me?” The older brushed the boy's head and smiled warmly. Sungjong immediately sprung up from the bed and brought the tray to his hyung. Woohyun was in fact hungry. He gobbled up the food in seconds. Sungjong was amazed at the speed and before Woohyun asked for a second helping, he had went off and returned with a tray filled with more food. “Hyung... are your arms still hurting? Is your back still in pain?” The pretty kid moved the injured arm up and down and Woohyun chuckled at the sight. “I am feeling much better. Such minor scratches won't get me.” Sungjong removed the tray from his hyung after he was done with his second round of eating and sighed. “My dearest hyung. Please don't ever wander off alone from the team again. Promise?” He held up his pinky but Woohyun hesitated. “Jongie ah. I will be more careful and not act on my own free will in the mission again.” He ruffled the boy's hair and pushed down the pinky finger. Sungjong was about to protest when Sungyeol had appeared at the door. “Sungjong. I have things to discuss with Woohyun.” The said boy reluctantly peeled his off the bed and dragged his feet downstairs. The tall guy noted the intense glare from the pouty housemate team member. “Your suspension notice has nothing to do with me. Don't give me such an accusing look.” Woohyun snorted and crossed his arms again. Sungyeol mimic his buddy and folded his arms too. Woohyun was annoyed. “What do you want Sungyeol?” The tall guy's gleaming eyes did not go unnoticed by Woohyun. “So what exactly happened that night? Woohyun, fill in the gaps for me.”

 

Kim Soohyun was driving his youngest brother home after a review with the doctor. He took extra care not to exert force on his right frame while guiding him into the house. “Can you manage on your own?” Sunggyu nodded and proceeded to his room for more rest. Soohyun’s dark orbs followed his brother until he entered the room. He flipped his b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter