The Chaser - 2

The Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Kim Sunggyu! Are you done?!!” A tall handsome dude called out to his youngest sibling while adjusting the big round glasses that he was wearing. “What's the hurry?” The said sibling was seen rushing down the stairs from the room. Both of them moved to the kitchen table and shoved the toasted bread with jam into their mouths and thereafter completed their breakfast with fruit juices. Just when the two figures were about to leave the kitchen, they were caught with a voice. “Gyu! Don't forget your spectacles.” Their eldest brother Kim Soohyun reminded. Sunggyu gasped and swiftly got to the dining table where she left her neglected glasses and placed it on his face. “Bye ya!” “Bye! And it’s hyung for you, Kim Sunggyu!” The youngest of the three shrugged his shoulders and quickly ran out of the house.

“Kim Myungsoo! Stop pulling my collar!” The youngest Kim was irritated with his second brother's tugging. “Mind your manners Sunggyu! I am your elder brother. Stop calling me with full name.” The cool brother left his side with a straight face and tucked his hands into the pockets of his jeans. Growing up being the youngest in the Kim family had earnt Sunggyu much teasing and bickering with his brothers. He was always the most doted baby in the household, from his grandparents and parents to now his brothers. They would never refuse his requests and Sunggyu was sensible enough to ask for what seemed logical to be... such as joining his brothers' team. He had to assure them with 100% effort that he would be fine and independent before his brothers acceded to the request. The Kim brothers were impressed with their baby brother's wit and assistance in their assignments and eventually looped him into the bigger scale operations only recent two years. “Soo! Gyu!” A string of hyper chuckles followed when both siblings acknowledged the newcomer who joined them halfway through the street. “Are both of you seriously going to be in these nerdy glasses whenever you go school?” The wide smiled guy can't help and threw into fits of giggles again. “What is so funny? …Dongwoo hyung?” Myungsoo gave a puzzled look and Sunggyu could not understand what their cousin's laughing gig was about. “Myung...soo ah... your eyes looked like....like...blown up marbles!” Another series of echoing laughter rang their ears. Sunggyu stared at his brother's eyes and within a few seconds, he burst out with laughter too. “Hyung! Did you use magnifying glass as the lens for your spects? Your pupil is as big as a pebble!” By this time, the cousins, Dongwoo and Sunggyu were holding their hurting bellies and tears forming in their eyes. Myungsoo stood straight with a pissed face and one hand on his hips. “Enough! I am so going to ignore you guys now!”

Sociology would be so interesting only if Sunggyu had not already completed his studies a year ago in an overseas university. The Kim siblings had completed their studies abroad and for the sake of learning the local culture context, the younger Kims would need to repeat the same faculty after coming back. As expected, a high score in their pre-entrance exam and bridging course had won them places in the university. The Dean was satisfied and amazed at their top scores and couldn't be more pleased to have such top scorers to set the high ranking in the universities' comparison chart. The younger Kims were envious that their eldest brother did not have to attend school unlike them dragging their feet every morning and had to hide their faces behind the dull spectacles. Sunggyu loved Sociology where he could channel his focus on the scenery and people strolling by the field or pavements outside that large window in the classroom. Not many students would like to take the left corner seats as the movements outside the window was too distracting. So he always got the same seat in every lesson where he could enjoy the view out there. He would also pretend to lock his gaze to the front for a few minutes out of courtesy to the lonely mumbling lecturer of the class before turning away to capture the activities beyond the window again. Three lessons of Sociology in a week and it was Sunggyu’s second week on the lesson which fell on the Friday's last period of the day, he sensed an intense gaze on his back. He did not want to look back and tried to ignore that strange feeling when he was caught by the strong sun rays that seeped through the window, nearly blinding the eyes. Sunggyu had to remove his glasses for a second or so to rub her teary eyes caused by the strong rays. He felt the stare from behind again when he shifted his concentration back to the window. When class ended, Sunggyu stole a quick peep from the side of his eyes and noted a guy swinging his backpack over his shoulder and exiting the classroom a little too quickly. He had the impression that it was the guy who had bumped onto him on their first lesson.

Woohyun was disturbed by that sudden glaring image that carved on his mind. He had not minded the nerdy classmate after noticing him on the first lesson. Was it because he was the first classmate he bumped into or was it because he was always looking out and not focusing on the lecturer or was it because the way he dragged his feet like he never wanted to come to school? No. Woohyun could not find an answer for it. Before the lesson, Woohyun came in happily and because it was a Friday and yes, he was going to accept Hyuna's invitation to a dinner date and decided to take a step further with her by giving a confirmed girlfriend title. He was fiddling with his pen at the back row of the class and a constant curve hanging on his face. He scanned the room again like he always did to check out what the other kids were doing. And there, he landed on the window watching classmate again. As he noticed the classmate swerved his head slowly to the front, he followed the gaze towards the front too in a casual manner. When Woohyun turned to look at the back view of his nerdy classmate again, he was stunned. An exposed sunlight was reflecting on his classmate. It reminded him of the picture perfect angel. “Hyuna should have been looking so good like this.” He was grinning widely when his smile curves froze on his face. His nerdy classmate had tilted his head a little to the front and he saw his side profile under that heated ray. Woohyun felt a tug in his heart followed by a rollercoas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter