The Chaser - 6

The Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi I'm back! Pls enjoy Chapter 6..........

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Woohyun hugged the cushion and was humming non-stop to himself in the living room. “Howonnie~~ Sungyeollie~~” The 2 guys were irritated with Woohyun’s constant calling out to them without reason, swinging around in circles with the cushion. “For god’s sake! Woohyun! Stop calling our names for nothing!” His friends thought that he had gone bonkers and wanted to beat the giggling lunatic. Woohyun took out his phone and typed eagerly and would squealed animatedly at each message notification. He was extremely happy to know that Sunggyu was the owner of the angel hands dressing his wounds in their first encounter in that warehouse that gifted him a scar on his head. Though Sunggyu did not say much about the saviour act on that day, Woohyun was satisfied with his comment that “You were bleeding and I do not want to leave you alone… and so helping you was my priority at that point in time.” He was exceptionally elated to realise he was also the saviour who took the blade for him on that night before he passed out. He remembered the concerned question and gentle voice by Sunggyu. Now it came on clearer to him and confirmed Sunggyu was the person he had been in search of, to return the grateful favour.

 

In an enclosed training room, Sunggyu’s sweat was dripping onto the ground like a stream of river flowing nonstop. The intensive training in Jeju Island was killing Myungsoo and him. They watched the video and saw how a few trainees that included their eldest brother overcame the hundred times more severe conditions as compared to now during the training period. Myungsoo and Sunggyu were inspired and respected their eldest brother, Soohyun even more. The trainer stretched their limit of stamina and strength. Every lesson off their energy and they could have died of exhaustion. By the time Sunggyu reached the dorm, he was glad that he still survive. Myungsoo was in no better state. He sprawled on the living room floor and refused to move. Though their stomach were rumbling nosily, yet they could not lift their limbs to get up. A few minutes later, a faint smell of food travelled into their noses. They sprang up from the floor and found 2 figures smiling with hands full of packed food. “Come on! Let’s have a feast to celebrate the end of the Spartan-like training!” Soohyun titled his head at his cheery cousin. “Spartan?” Dongwoo laughed, waving his hands to forget it. The young Kims were gawking at the delectable food spread on the table. Though they were drained, their wobbly hands still feed themselves well. “Have an early rest and we are going home tomorrow noon.” The eldest Kim made the announcement proudly. “Yes! Ouch!” The siblings massaged the aching shoulders and laughed heartily. He was very pleased. The sadist trainers were full of praises for his siblings. His younger brothers had completed the tough days without giving up and no forgetting that Soohyun had also requested the trainers to be more demanding on them. He planned this training that he had in mind after the incident that Sunggyu was hurt, to make his brothers tougher and more powerful. Soohyun had to make sure that they were strong enough to protect own self even if he could not be at their side.

 

Woohyun felt like dying. He buried himself under the blanket. His housemates had not seen him for hours since he had locked his room and kept the key to himself. “Yah! Nam Woohyun! Come out now! I am going to tear this door down now if you are ignoring us!” Howon lost his patience and stomping his foot on the door. “Hyung…..! Are you all right? Please come out!” Sungjong’s wet cheeks was replaced with layers and layers of tear streaks. “Woohyun! Are you alive? Don’t you die on us!” Sungyeol covered his cheeks in his palms with exaggerated wide eyes while the Lee brothers shot daggers on him. “What?” Sungyeol shrugged his shoulders. Howon crossed his arms. “Nam! I am going to say this for one last time! Open the door or I am going to report to Captain Lee Jungyeop about this!” A click sounded a few seconds later. The guys opened the door and found a body spread widely on the floor, whining away. Sungjong flew to Woohyun’s side and held his head up to his lap. Sungyeol drawn out the curtains and pushed out the windows for fresh air in. Howon strode to the bed and sat down nonchalantly to send a text. “Yah! Hyung! Don’t you care about Woohyun hyung?” Sungjong was not going to forgive his blood related brother of not showing any concern to his favourite hyung. The cool sturdy guy slid his phone into his pocket and stood up to leave the room. The guys were shocked at his behaviour. Right before he disappeared from the door, Howon glanced at Woohyun and smiled. “Get ready. Dongwoo is bringing the Kim siblings to our house, now.” With that, Woohyun bolted out from Sungjong’s lap and dashed into the bathroom.

 

Dongwoo was hopping around in the kitchen with an entertained Howon. “Dongwoo hyung. Are you always this hyper?” The hopping guy stopped and chuckled. Since the eldest Kim Soohyun was scheduled for another of his several overseas assignments, Dongwoo had agreed to take care of the younger Kims. He had rapidly became good friends with Howon. Once he got to learn about Woohyun’s childish play, Dongwoo responded straightaway to bring in the siblings, especially Sunggyu, to meet them. “Let’s go! I bet we are all hungry!” He gestured Howon to bring out the pizza and fried platters. In the hall, Sungyeol and Myungsoo were battling out their wits at the game and high pitched screaming filled the hall in no time. Sungjong was chatting with Sunggyu happily. Only one person was seated at a gloomy corner of the living room. Dark aura surrounding him. The sulky guy had a long pout and sorrow stare at the chatting pair opposite him. He pounced at the opportunity when Sungjong deliberately left his seat and dived into the seat beside Sunggyu. The startled guy looked away and felt his cheeks heating up. “Sunggyu. These few days I-I…where were you?”  Woohyun exploded, though still keeping his voice low. “Why did you ignore my texts?” Sunggyu kept his gaze low and chose to stay silent. Woohyun could not take it anymore and grabbed his wrist, leading him to the study room. Dongwoo noticed the scene b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter