She will try to make you a better person

Signs you have a chance: Miyeon Edition

“I don’t have money anymore, ugh!” Shuhua complained. The girl in front of her is just eating the foods that Shuhua gives to her.

“Keeping my mouth shut is hard though! Plus you only treat me this time, stop complaining!” Shuhua pouts so big so the girl laughs.

“Well, it’s effective though, Miyeon unnie is clearly paying attention,” Shuhua said, then the girl nods.

“Yeah, I encourage her and tell her to observe you, so you better do it right,”

“Yeah, yeah, thank you Jisoo unnie,” Shuhua said.

“Just be careful around her, Miyeon’s past is no joke. It’s full of pain, hurt her, I kill you,”

 

“She can make you a better person,” Jisoo said. Miyeon just stares at the ceiling and thinks if something changes after meeting Shuhua. “What do you think of it? From what I see, Shuhua somehow changed you,” Jisoo added.

“Tell me, did I?” Miyeon asks.

“Yeah, when you transfer at Cube, you are totally an emo and bad girl. Your closet is only back and you didn’t talk much to anyone. After meeting her… Your closet now is full of color, and you’re much talkative and interactive with people around you,” Jisoo said then Miyeon just nods.

“...”

“You rarely smiled before but now, just talking about her, your smile reaches your eyes. It’s such a good thing to see,” Jisoo said, then Miyeon just smiled and nods while looking at Jisoo.

“Yeah, you’re right,” Miyeon said.

“Now, it’s time to observe yourself,”

Miyeon opens her eyes so suddenly, it’s dark around, the sky is full of stars yet her mind remains busy. Miyeon looks at her clock, it’s only 2:43am, Miyeon sighs as she gets up and goes to the kitchen to drink water. Her parents still asleep, Miyeon sighs as she realizes that her parents' efforts of making her feel better might go to waste if she doesn't get a hold of herself.

Love, breakup, friendship, honesty, lies, betrayal, dreams and the hard work goes to waste. It’s okay Miyeon, everyone experiences that. Maybe because you don’t know the real world, you don’t know the knowledge of life, maybe because you’re too kind, you’re too innocent for this world. That’s why you got hurt.

“How can I survive this cruel world?” Miyeon whispers to herself.

 

Miyeon waited in front of university this time. Miyeon saw Shuhua walking so she waved her hand to grab her attention. Miyeon always has a nightmare every night, reminding her of her agonizing past and seeing Shuhua make her forget it at day. Miyeon never says it to Shuhua in order not to pressure Shuhua to return her feelings.

“Did you wait for so long?” Shuhua asks. Miyeon shakes her head, and just smiles at Shuhua.

“I just got here too,” Miyeon said. Shuhua holds Miyeon’s hands and they walk at university.

“Tell me if something is bothering you, I will lend you my ears,” Shuhua said then Miyeon just blush and look away. Miyeon looked back at Shuhua to find Shuhua looking at her with a lovely smile.

Shuhua holds Miyeon’s hand tightly. After her meeting with Jisoo, Shuhua feels so sorry for Miyeon. Miyeon, who is never open about her past, struggles alone. According to Jisoo, Miyeon prefers it that way so Shuhua never tries to pester Miyeon about it. Shuhua knows a few things about her past but they never go into details about it.

“Do you want to chill with me tonight?” Shuhua asked. Miyeon’s eyes widened at Shuhua’s sudden invitation.

“Sure, I love to! But why suddenly?” Miyeon asks.

“Nothing, just want to spend more time with you, is it bad?” Shuhua said. Miyeon just nods and smiles at Shuhua.

“Sure,” Miyeon said but she’s feeling nervous about spending the night with Shuhua.

 

Miyeon has her arms around Shuhua’s shoulder at the couch in Shuhua’s condominium. They’re watching random movies they found on netflix. Shuhua looks at Miyeon, there are times that Miyeon’s eyes are empty, like her mind is not with her but Shuhua always likes Miyeon’s eyes, they’re not as expressive as Shuhua’s eyes. Shuhua just like Miyeon in general, Shuhua likes her more especially when Miyeon looks back at her.

“You’re cute,” Miyeon said as she pat Shuhua’s head. Shuhua got caught staring at Miyeon so she suddenly thought she had a whiplash.

It’s already 10 oclock and it’s Shuhua’s sleeping time. Miyeon and Shuhua lay down at the bed, Shuhua’s back is facing Miyeon so Miyeon puts her arms under Shuhua’s head and holds her in her waist.

“Aren’t you a bit clingy?” Shuhua asks but she’s blushing as hell, good thing she’s not facing her.

“I want to hold you,” Miyeon said while whispering in Shuhua’s ears. It gives Shuhua goosebumps.

Miyeon reflects while cuddling with Shuhua. Miyeon never was comfortable at her bed, her mind is never resting, memories fluid her mind. Miyeon hated it every single way and times, no matter how many times she made it positive, and that’s all in the past. Miyeon still despises it. Shuhua heard Miyeon’s silent sigh.

“What is it?” Shuhua asks as she faces Miyeon. Shuhua gently caresses Miyeon’s cheeks. “What is it that bothers you?” Shuhua asks. Miyeon just closes her eyes, avoiding the question however Miyeon is still grateful to Shuhua for showing concern.

“It’s nothing, I will sleep well tonight,” Miyeon said and slowly opened her eyes to see Shuhua with a concerned face.

“If you are ready enough to tell me all your stories that you keep, just tell me and I will listen to you,” Shuhua said, then Miyeon smiled at Shuhua and pulled her closer.


I can sleep peacefully now because I’m with you. As long as I can see you, I can survive this world.

---------------------------------

I hope you guys enjoy it, thank you for reading~