With You

The Bucket List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The moment Yoona came out of the room wearing a jogging pants and sleeveless, Seohyun got up and meet with her half-way. "Are you ready?"

 

"You. It's just a jogging, this isn't a marathon." Yoona chuckled softly.

 

"Well, just making sure. Wait." Seohyun suddenly block the doe-eyed from going further.

 

"Wae?"

 

She wave her hand in front of her face but the latter blink and blink and got her wrist.

 

"Are you trying to see if I can see already?"

 

Seohyun nodded. "Good thing and the meds helped you." She giggles before grabbing her arm and hook with her as they went downstairs.

 

Picking up their cap, Yoona put it on Seohyun and she did for herself.

 

"WHat about the face mask? The Doctor said you have to protect yourself from any dusts." Seohyun picked up the face mask and wore it on her wife. "There."

 

"Aigoo, I don't think this is necessary."

 

"He just wants to make sure you won't get anything before the surgery so it won't complicate things."

 

"Fine." Yoona giggles pinching her wife's nose casually. She couldn't believe she's the nurse but it's Seohyun who is nursing her.

 

Walking out of the house, they let go of each other as they started jogging, heading to the park of the neighborhood. There are neighbors too who are doing the same, greeting them when they pass on them, especially Yoona since they know her for three years.

 

"I wouldn't be surprise if one of them has a crush on you." Seohyun playfully told the doe-eyed earning a smile without stopping on their tracks. "By the way, your shift is mostly at night till dawn, right? How do you spend your day?"

 

"If I was too stressed, I usually go out and do this like the others. But if I'm not, I just lazy around the house, watching my favorite series. I sometimes just sleep all day." said Yoona couldn't help and feel shy.

 

"That's fine. I would do the same."

 

"How about you?"

 

"You already know, I hang out with your family." chuckled Seohyun. "Then during weekends, I play in the orphanage."

 

Yoona nodded. "I'm proud of you." But couldn't help and told her wife.

 

"Wae?" Seohyun looked at her briefly.

 

"You always do something not others would do."

 

"But I'm prouder with you."

 

"Wae?" Yoona's turn to get curious.

 

"You are like a modern hero for saving lives."

 

"I'm a nurse, I normally don't do that but the doctors do."

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "Without nurses, there's no one to look after patients you know. That's like saving lives too. And I know you also do that CPR to patients too not only doctors."

 

"Well." Yoona shrugs her shoulders as she just smiles couldn't argue with it.

 

Seohyun stopped on her jog to catch her breath. "The park... is still far?" she asks in between her breathing.

 

"We're almost there." Yoona informed in between breath too. "Come on." she ushers her and leads the jog again.

 

Bracing herself, Seohyun followed her wife and easily caught up with her. "You really know the place well?"

 

"I won't last 3 years here if I don't." Yoona said as a matter of fact. She then runs leaving the younger one behind.

 

"Yah!" Quick, Seohyun fasten her pace, trying to outrun her own wife. The latter looked back at her and stuck her tongue. "Aish." She got pissed and speed up more but only to make Yoona to go faster than earlier.

 

Just fifteen minutes later, they arrived at the park but Yoona was the first one. "You are slow. As usual." Yoona teases, recalling how weak Seohyun is in their Physical Education back in high school.

 

Seohyun is breathing heavily while her sweats are running down from her head. She barely could feel her legs because she really put all her strength. She ends up sitting on the ground and give herself time to relax.

 

"Aigoo." Taking her seat on the green grass as well, Yoona took her face towel and began wiping her sweats away. "How are you going to go back now?" she chuckled softly in amusement.

 

"You piggy back me." Seohyun suggested earning a big no from her wife. "Aish, bad wife."

 

"Good wife for giving you the exercise you needed." Yoona defended herself, she took her cap off of her head and wipes her sweats away too. "Look, that's what I am talking about." She pointed on something before them.

 

Seohyun followed her gazes and her lips formed into O when she realized there are hot air balloons in the sky. "Isn't too early?"

 

"It's hot air balloon festival soon, they're testing them." Yoona says with a bright smile. "Let's ride one of them soon." She knows she won't be there when the festival starts but she's positive she will ride one of them with her wife.

 

"I'll write that down to the bucket list then." Seohyun replied taking note on it as she winks to her wife.

 

Yoona charmingly smiled to her wife as a response.

 

"Wait should we begin the exercises now?"

 

"Sure." Without hesitations, Yoona get up and started stretching her arms, legs and neck which the younger one has also copied.

 

 

:::

 

 

"So, water bills, electric bill and medical bills will. Then monthly groceries. Can your last paycheck pay all of these except the groceries?" Seohyun while she's sitting next to Yoona in the living room.

 

"To be honest, I don't have enough savings anymore after I spent it to buy my family a car. But that's what I like anyway. I have a credit card; I can use it to pay for the bills."

 

"You even paid the debt of your father's hospital bill. I have savings too which can help us. But I have to start looking for a job. That wasn't enough for the next six months. And the surgery costs so much." Seohyun sighs. "We have to work on the money that will be loss later. Also, to pay the credit card that will be used."

 

"This is one of the reasons I am not taking the surgery. It will affect everything." Yoona replied knowing it well. "Aish, it's hard to live."

 

"Yah! Don't say like that. I have expected this already. That's why I already started applying online for now." Seohyun grinned briefly.

 

"Whoa, did you applied a lot of schools, here?"

 

Nodding to confirm it, Seohyun then opened the laptop. "But so far no one hasn't replied. Maybe because the school semester is almost over. But I know I'll get one of them soon."

 

"They pay high to teachers too." Yoona couldn't get more excited to see her wife working as well.

 

"I know. Even though I prefer teaching in Korea, I have to say, they have better treatment for workers."

 

"Expenses will be easy then once you started working."

 

Seohyun couldn't agree more. "So, you have to make sure you fully recover otherwise, all of these efforts will be wasted." She reminded so she won't lose any hope.

 

"I know." Yoona grinned. She hugs her wife and kiss her cheek. "I can't wait to go back to my work as well and I have someone to visit me every shift and I will be dropping and fetching you from work."

 

"Yeah? You can imagine it already?" Seohyun giggles.

 

"Of course." Yoona couldn't stop smiling and couldn't resist but squeezes her wife when she hugs her again. "You're the best thing that happened to me, Seohyun. That's why I always look forward to our tomorrow. For 3 years living in here without anyone by my side, I have never been this happier. My friend could tell how loner I am even though I don't mind it. So, don't be surprise if I am always this excited for you." She ends it with a lingering kiss on her cheek.

 

Seohyun's smile is contagious. She wanted to tell her something but she decided to hug her again. She felt guilty a little because of what happened from the past but she shrugs that off and is determined to give Yoona more reason to smile.

 

Yoona fell into silence as she waits for her wife to be the one to break it. She loves hugging her anyway so it's always fine if they are quiet, just being in each other's arms.

 

"What do you want to eat for snack?" Seohyun ask as she pulled back and smile to her wife.

 

"Doctor Cane advised to skip snacks, didn't he?" Yoona was reminded by the guidelines her doctor has mentioned.

 

"Ahh yeah." Seohyun stand corrected. She sheepishly smiles earning giggle from the deer.

 

"Let's go have some gardening instead." Yoona suggested.

 

"What?" Seohyun responded but the latter have already dragged her to the backyard.

 

"I have this unfinished garden because I left to Seoul." Yoona explained. "They're different kinds of roses." She picked one of the pots and showed it to the young teacher. "This is white rose."

 

"Aww it's cute." Seohyun's lips curved into a small smile. "Are those the tools?"

 

"Yup." Yoona nodded and before she knows it, Seohyun started shoveling. She quick followed to help her but she stopped for a while to set up a camera nearby to record them as they plant the roses together.

 

After planting them, they're both watering each one of the roses. But Yoona suddenly got playful and she pointed the hose to Seohyun, soaking her face that instant.

 

"Yah! Im Yoona!" Seohyun yelled at her and quickly she tried to soak her as well but the latter got up and moved away. She followed her and Yoona was fast from countering her with the water. "Ahhh stop it." Even though she began to enjoy it, she still complained and just take her revenge in response.

 

Yoona is laughing, smiling and laugh around s they suddenly got too immense and end up playing around not minding if they will catch a cold.

 

The garden was filled with all their noises. Thankfully their neighbor is not around.

 

 

:::

 

 

Buckling her own seat belt, Seohyun's attention immediately went to the doe-eyed who just the engine and carefully drives off. "I will be really mad at you if this isn't something good." She warned her. Her wife only asks her to change her clothes because they're going somewhere. As much as she wants to guess it, she doesn't know anything in Canada that she just wished Yoona is not playing around.

 

"It's just a honeymoon dinner date." Yoona decided to share it. "I know you want us to save up but just for tonight, okay? We deserve this night for us especially that we skipped honeymoon. Let's treat ourselves with this after a job well done on gardening."

 

"Well then, I don't mind. But we have to return right away."

 

"Of course." Yoona is amused. She took her wife's hand and give it a loving kiss which cause her to smile and hold her hand back.

 

Seohyun got quiet. Her eyes were back outside. She loves the night lights in Toronto. It's almost the same as Seoul. But she's definitely feeling more at home in their home country.

 

"Do you want me to roll the window over?" Yoona thought it's better her wife could see the city lights much closer without the glass window restricting.

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "It's fine."

 

"You'll get comfortable soon." Yoona noticed it ever since they arrived.

 

"Yeah, it's only been the second day."

 

"Things will get interesting soon."

 

"When it was your first day, what did you do besides, going to work?"

 

"I got hesitant going outside. But the neighborhood is welcoming. They send me food and even flowers."

 

"But no one gave to us when I'm new?" Seohyun pouted cutely.

 

"Maybe because I am here." Yoona guesses as she giggles. "By the way, do you want to watch sports events too?"

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "You know I am not a fan." She's a bit shy to admit.

 

"I mean people or couples here spent time watching in arenas as their way for dates."

 

"Oh, so you want to experience?"

 

Yoona nodded flashing a brief smile to her wife.

 

"I'll think about it." Seohyun grinned earning a sarcastic laugh from the doe-eyed. "Wait, change my mind. You have to do something tonight then and don't ever say no."

 

Confused, Yoona just look at her wife.

 

"Later when we get in the restaurant." Seohyun smirks, getting excited.

 

 

-

 

 

"So what?" The moment their steak arrived, Yoona immediately asks Seohyun while creasing her eyebrows towards her.

 

"Eat first. I'll ask you later." Instructed Seohyun. She took her fork and knife to cut the steaks on her own but before she can finish it, Yoona suddenly took her plate and replaced it with hers which was already cut to pieces.

 

"Eat up." Said Yoona smiling sweetly. She finishes cutting her wife's steaks not minding the speechless person across her.

 

Seohyun wanted to say something but she ends up complying silently while watching the doe-eyed. She can't help and wonder if they have dated since high school, will Yoona be still sweet? "Yoona."

 

"Hmm?" The deer took a bite first before she looked at her.

 

"What if we've been dating for years since high school? Could you imagine what's today?"

 

Yoona blink and blink as she processes the question. "It depends."

 

"What?"

 

"It depends with my health condition. If I am healthy, then we would be like going on dates a lot, do whatever we want to do. No limits."

 

Seohyun didn't expect it but she couldn't agree more. Because of Yoona's health condition right now, they have to be always be careful especially on foods. "But will you still be sweet?" However, she wanted to know her thoughts about it.

 

"Am I sweet to you right now?" Yoona wasn't even aware and she asks. Seohyun just nod. "Then... " She pause when suddenly she saw a couple arguing over the next table. She couldn't help and feel scared about it. "We won't be like them, right?"

 

Seohyun followed her gazes and smile in amusement. "Who knows." But she couldn't tell as well. They're just getting started either way.

 

"But I think we won't be like them." Yoona suddenly got confident. "It's because I'm not a person who will not listen to my partner."

 

"But you're stubborn." Seohyun reminded about how the doe-eyed just walked away after learning the surgery thing.

 

"Yah, that happened because I was... " Yoona wanted to defend herself but she couldn't continue knowing what she did was unnecessary. "Fine. I sometimes don't want to listen. But... That will not be happening anymore."

 

"In order to prevent fights, we have to consider listening to each other."

 

"Noted."

 

Seohyun chuckled. "Good."

 

"So, when are you going to ask me something?" Yoona is just excited to go on a date in an arena that she couldn't wait whatever was her wife is planning.

 

"I have another curiosity. You never really dated anyone besides m?" Seohyun wants to prolong the agony from an excited deer and asks another thing that's not related to what she's planning.

 

Yoona rolled her eyes. "Never." But she truthfully answered. "You can call Omma about it. She knows everything that happened to me here. And besides, my type is always been like you... Too bad there's only one Seohyun in this world." She didn't miss and wiggle her eyebrows.

 

Seohyun smiled giddily. Yoona sure knows how to answer.

 

"Now get to the point." However, the doe-eyed is just persistent.

 

"Later." Seohyun playfully stuck her tongue out before biting on her food.

 

Yoona groaned and pouted. "Bad wife." It's her turn to tell her.

 

"Yah, patience is a virtue."

 

"But we have only three days left before the surgery." She literally couldn't find any reason besides that. "Just don't play with me anymore and grant me to buy us a ticket. It's not expensive, I tell you if you are worried about spending money again."

 

Seohyun was taken aback by the sudden outburst of her wife. However, she understands where she is going. She can't really argue with a sick person. "Patience is a virtue indeed." She could only apply it to herself.

 

"What?" Yoona is confused.

 

"Fine. Go buy us a ticket. Aish, how important is watching a sports event? Playing Bowling would have been better." Seohyun mumbles while glaring to the doe-eyed. But she was ignored. The latter hastily booked them a ticket through her phone. "I can't believe her." But she ends up smiling in satisfaction, watching how happy the deer is that's causing her heart to melt.

 

"Thank you, baby." A big and childish smile formed in Yoona's face after booking them a ticket for tomorrow's football match. She happily eats her steak and feed her very understanding wife. "After this, let's go watch movies and oh, musicals. You still love theater, right? Because I always do."

 

"Don't change." Seohyun suddenly told her which stops her. "Please stay like this, I love it." She added upon seeing the confuse look from her.

 

Yoona nodded. "You too." And she whispers as a response.

 

Seohyun sighs and smiled warmly. She has nothing to say. 'I don't know what's going to be af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter