Friends

The Bucket List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"That's not... necessary." Yoona slowly let go of the younger girl's hand.

 

Seohyun however took it back. "Trust me. It's just a couple of hours." She flashes her a bright smile.

 

"No." Yoona retracted her hand back. "I can negotiate with her without pretending." She doesn't like the idea but her heart is beating weirdly. She tried to pass on her but she got her hand back.

 

"You will regret it." Seohyun warned, stubbornly refusing to let the older girl pass. "I tell you."

 

"Seohyun-"

 

"No more complains." Without waiting for her response, she drags her along with her as they enter the store. "Smile." She quickly told her when her friend immediately spotted them.

 

Yoona sighs in defeat and put on a smile.

 

"So, did you get my message last night, Sooyoung-ssi?" Ask Seohyun with all bright smiles to the taller girl.

 

Sooyoung looked at them from head to toe and noticed the holding hands but the doe-eyed is looking uncomfortable. Or rather, she's nervous. "Yeah, you're telling me the truth eh? Just when, Joohyun?"

 

"Two years last month." Without missing a beat, Seohyun told the other girl as she tilt her head to her left and sweetly smiled to Yoona.

 

"Y-Yes. T-Two years." Yoona stammers to support Seohyun's words.

 

"Your girlfriend seems shy eh, how can she get a cheaper car?" Sooyoung is amused how the deer responded.

 

"No! I need to get it!" Yoona just instantly exclaimed. "Please, give me a reasonable price for a brand-new car."

 

"Calm down." Sooyoung chuckled. "I was just kidding. Come, I'll show you we are apparently on sale." and casually leads them to see the cars closer.

 

Seohyun remained holding Yoona's hand but she's being gentle this time as they keep following Sooyoung and listen to whatever she says to every car they meet. The doe-eyed seems to get comfortable as time passes. But only one car that got Yoona's attention, a black family car that could be brought to mountains and beaches.

 

"That's one million dollars." Unfortunately, the price is high enough for her to take it.

 

"That blue." Yoona pointed to the next car.

 

"That's 500 thousand dollars." Sooyoung replied instantly. "But since you are my friend's girlfriend and it seems you're taking of her, I'll make this, 700 thousand dollars." she put her hand to the black car. "But you have to make sure you don't hurt her."

 

"Of course, she won't Sooyoung-ah." Seohyun chuckled as she pulled the doe-eyed close to her and leaned her head on her shoulder, flashing her brightest smile.

 

"Are they all brand new?" Yoona however was more interested on the car.

 

"Of course, and branded. Korea has cheaper prices than the rest of the world." Sooyoung confidently smiled.

 

Yoona nodded as she got convinced. "But will you really give me that in cheaper price?"

 

"I said what I said. If you don't like it then you can leave." Sooyoung bluntly replied.

 

"I'll get it." Yoona grabs the chance even if it means lying to the car dealer.

 

"Come with me then." Said Sooyoung, leading the doe-eyed to their office.

 

Seohyun was left outside, taking pictures of the cars here and there but she suddenly received a message.

 

Sooyoung: You better pay me 300k later, idiot.

 

"Aish, she can't really be fooled." She rolled her eyes and agreed with her friend right away and decided to take a seat while waiting for them to finished.

 

 

:::

 

 

Seohyun and Yoona was about to stepped into the scooter when Sooyoung suddenly called Seohyun to comeback. The young teacher has to excuse the doe-eyed and talk with her friend inside the store.

 

"What?"

 

"That's Im Yoona. The girl you friend-zoned back in high school, right?" Sooyoung wanted to confirm if it's the same Yoona. She learned about it from Seohyun years back when the latter shared her high school memories to their colleagues including her.

 

"Nope." Seohyun denied and flashes a bright smile.

 

"Don't lie to me. There's only one Yoona with doe-eyes in the world." Sooyoung said as a matter of fact. "What are you planning to do?"

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes as she glances to the doe-eyed outside the store. She sighs and faces her friend back. "I'm not doing anything."

 

"But why are you with her?" Ask Sooyoung curiously.

 

"I'm helping her out as a friend."

 

"After years? You are hanging out with her again? That's strange... Or you like her now?"

 

Seohyun chuckled amusingly. "You're being silly. I'm just doing what am I supposed to do."

 

"By pretending she's your girlfriend?" Sooyoung smirk, teasing the younger girl. "Yah, that's not a friend's job. Unless, you are planning on something."

 

"SERIOUSLY!" Seohyun got annoyed and almost slap the taller girl's arm. "Aish, fine." Nonetheless, she is force to spill it. "I'm making up with what I missed with her and also... " she sighs as she pauses and looked outside where Yoona is apparently waiting patiently for her. "I feel guilty. I know I hurt her. You know what I felt when our eyes met again? After all the years that passed? My heart hurt because it reminds me of that day when she confessed. I saw her, crying while the rain is continuously falling. That day also, I lost a friend. I was too careless for telling her that... but... I don't know but it hurt me also when I friend-zoned her."

 

"Friend zoned but it ended your friendship."

 

"Exactly. That's why I'm making it up for her. I don't want to lose her again." Seohyun sighs as a tiny smile of determination appeared in her face.

 

"You really like her more than just a friend, No?"

 

Seohyun glared at Sooyoung and the latter laugh.

 

"You're making it obvious. Hahahaha! But whatever you wanted to do with her again, please don't feel guilty anymore because I think you did what you just think is right... just do your best to take care of her now that she's back."

 

"Whatever. I owe you 300k, I'll just send it to you tomorrow." Without waiting for her response, Seohyun waved goodbye to Sooyoung as she left the store and meet with Yoona again.

 

"What did you guys talk?" Ask Yoona as she stepped behind Seohyun on the scooter.

 

"Just some silly stuffs." Seohyun mumbles before driving off carefully.

 

"By the way, can we go Myeongdong?" Yoona was reminded by her bucket list and she never hesitate.

 

"What are you doing there?"

 

"I want to eat the street food. I missed it."

 

Seohyun raises her eyebrows as it reminds her of their high school year days. Every Friday, after school, they would go to Myeongdong to use their savings for the week eat street foods with their friends. "Let's go then."

 

Yoona tightly hold the young teacher's waist again when she suddenly speeds up without warning.

 

 

:::

 

 

Tteokbokki, fish cakes, donuts, mandu, grilled cheese, hotdog and more street foods greeted Yoona and Seohyun which they couldn't resists and eat them. They have a lot of laugh when they would find each other's face bloated with food on their mouth. But out from all places they had gone, they end up in a barbecue restaurant, having their dinner after all their stroll around the park as well.

 

"So, you're still wearing it." Seohyun suddenly noticed the bracelet the doe-eyed is wearing while they're enjoying their meals.

 

"Hmm? What do you mean?" Ask Yoona between her munch with her meat.

 

"That star bracelet."

 

"Oh."

 

Seohyun chuckles. "You like it?"

 

"Of course. Unnie gave it." Yoona smiled brightly.

 

Seohyun cough after hearing it. She thought the deer knows who gifted the bracelet because she put her name on the box. It was during high school graduation when she just put it on her seat while Yoona is on the stage. 'Now this make sense.' She smiled and nodded her head in understanding. 'No wonder she never called me.' "Of course, it came from your sister."

 

"Wae?" Yoona confusedly responded.

 

"N-nothing." Seohyun fake a smile before putting a spoonful of rice into . 'But Tiffany Unnie must have missed to see the note.' She audibly sigh.

 

"Did my sister mentioned this to you? She gifted this during our graduation ceremony. She was too sweet, wasn't she?" Yoona flashes a cute smile as she pulled up her bracelet.

 

"Yes." Seohyun flashes the same smile towards the older one. "That's why It caught my attention. It's my first time to see it in person."

 

"You have a gift during graduation too?" Yoona got curious.

 

"Nope." Seohyun shook her head. "No one from our club thought of that. I mean, they got broke after paying for the ceremony. I wouldn't think of gifting anyone too if you don't have anything left. Oh, I was with Hyomin after ceremony and we just had a quick dinner together before I went home."

 

"I see... " Yoona nodded as she felt bad for not thinking of her that time. But she's too heartbroken to even think of her that time. She's regretful out of a sudden and couldn't say anything anymore.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter