Secret

The Bucket List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Yah! Seohyun!"

 

Snapping out of her own reality after a gentle shake from Yoona, Seohyun realized she was daydreaming or more like, she imagined she kissed Yoona and she responded and then the deer kissed her again.

 

"Are you sick? You look so red." Yoona got worried. She was just telling her about her feelings but she suddenly zoned out and her entire face turned red slowly.

 

"Y-Yes. I need to use the toilet." Without waiting for her response, Seohyun rushed upstairs and used Yoona's bedroom to use the toilet room. She literally screams on top of her lungs and scolded herself so many times while slapping her face at the same time. "Aish." She ends up washing her face from the faucet and let out a heavy exhale, staring at her reflection to the mirror. "Why do I have to think like that? I'm so... pathetic. Aigoo." Grabbing a face towel from the side, she wipes her wet face then suddenly she recalled what she daydreamed causing her blush again as she touches her lips. 'I'm crazy. I'm ing crazy.' Shaking her head for the last time, she gets herself together and exited the bathroom. She just casually headed to the door when she suddenly stopped and turned her head to seemed like a diary on top of the night stand. She remembers, Yoona has that back in high school. She never shared it to her even though she caught her writing on it in their classroom.

 

Suddenly becomes curious, she slowly approached it and picked up the diary. But before she can even think of opening it, she heard a loud thud outside. She hastily rushed outside and saw Yoona on the floor. "Yoona!" she crouched down and check on her, she looked so pale and she looked like having epilepsy as her body shakes involuntarily. ". . ." She hastily took her phone from the coffee table and scrolls down her contacts to call Mrs. Im but she thought of helping Yoona first which made her change her mind and call 99. "I have a friend that n-needs help right now. She's a think having epilepsy. Just hurry up!" she hangs up and took Yoona's hands. "Hang in there, Yoona, help is coming. Otoke... why is this happening to you?"

 

 

:::

 

 

10:00pm, Yoona noted on her alarm clock when she woke up with a heavy headache. She keeps looking around the place until it hits her, she's in the hospital and there's no one else. She closed her eyes slowly to recall what happened before she finds herself in a hospital room and an IV is connected to her hand.

 

"I passed out." She said with her dry throat. Holding her head, she started massaging it and slowly opened her eyes when she heard the door opens and footsteps went in. It was quite blurry but she knows it's Seohyun, standing close to her bed. But before she knows it, the latter started crying while hugging something on her chest. She wanted to ask her what's happening but she felt so heavy on her head and her dry throat is preventing her to speak out.

 

Seconds later, her visions started to clear. She realized she has her diary that caused her to worry.

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Seohyun sobs as she looked at her with tears on her eyes dropping non-stop. "Why, Im Yoona?!"

 

Yoona couldn't utter a word. She just closes her eyes are let her tears drops as she scoded herself for not hiding her diary well. But she opens them again as she wipes away her tears. "Yah, stop crying. I'm fine." She scolded the younger girl. Sitting up, she pulled her close so she can sit down on the edge of her bed and she held her face. "Please, don't cry. Don't cry Seohyun-ah. This is why I hide this; I don't want anyone to cry for me." she whined which suddenly cause Seohyun to stop crying. She sighs heavily and fixes her hair and cup her face so she can look into her eyes.

 

"Wae?" Seohyun pouted.

 

"I want everyone to see this life as something to always be grateful. I don't want them to feel sad. Especially you who had lose everything. I'm pretty sure you understand what I am trying to say."

 

"But your family needs to know."

 

Yoona shakes her head a little. "They don't have to. But when they learned all of these, I want them to smile rather than cry for me."

 

"Yah." Seohyun literally slapped her arm. "How could you think like that. You're giving up immediately?"

 

"Only 1% can survive this, Seohyun. But I didn't say I will give up that easily. It's just that, I couldn't tell the future that's why I'm doing my best to spend my last days meaningfully with my family. I want to see them happy before it's over."

 

"Yoona, you don't deserve this."

 

Yoona shakes her head. "No one is. But maybe my mission is over."

 

Seohyun couldn't help and hug the doe-eyed so tight. And before she knows it, she cried again in her shoulders, afraid of letting her go.

 

Yoona smiled bitterly while rubbing the younger girl's back. She is however felt a little light on her chest as someone knows her bucket list and the reason of it. She's grateful to share it with someone she knows can understand her. But she's still worried, since Seohyun is too close with her family, she might share it with them accidentally.

 

 

:::

 

 

"Seohyun, please promise me... you won't share this to anyone especially mom." Yoona said after pulling over in front of her residence. "Promise me to keep it well and be careful with everything."

 

"I promise. But let me help you with your bucket list as well and promise me you will take your medicine on time."

 

Yoona chuckles. "I'm a nurse. I would never skip it."

 

"Then what happened earlier?" Seohyun did not miss a beat and ask firmly.

 

"Well." Yoona couldn't explain as she just looked down and rubs the back of her neck. She forgot to take it when she woke up so early to prepare breakfast for Seohyun.

 

"Aigoo, I don't know with you." Stepping out of the scooter, Seohyun didn't missed to unlock the doe-eyed's helmet. "Yah, you owe me the bill earlier." she reminded.

 

"I know." Yoona cutely smiled, taking the helmet from Seohyun's head as well. "Promise." Then she holds out her pinky finger.

 

"Aish." Without any more words, Seohyun seal the promise with hooking her finger with the doe-eyed. She suddenly grabs her by her neck with her arm and whisper, "I'm going to tell them if one day you don't take your med." she let go of her immediately and Yoona laugh nervously with her glares. She rolled her eyes and decided to just lead her inside the house.

 

"Ahh, look at them they just suddenly forgot about us." Tiffany immediately commented loud enough when the two girls entered.

 

"What?" Yoona looked at Seohyun in confused.

 

"Yah, so where's the pizza?" Mrs. Im ask as she came out from the kitchen.

 

"In fifteen minutes." Seohyun glanced her phone and flashes a bright smile to the doe-eyed.

 

"Wait." Yoona grabs the younger girl's arm and dragged her to the kitchen. "What is going on?" She needed an explanation. "Doesn't they know we were in the hospital?"

 

"Nope." Seohyun shakes her head. "I told them we went out to watch a movie."

 

"Wha-what?" Yoona was totally taken by surprised. "I-I thought you really told them I passed out?"

 

Seohyun smiled amusingly. "I was just joking you earlier. I wouldn't really make them worry especially that I realized your intention of doing the bucket list. I got your back, okay?" she winked earning a chuckle from the doe-eyed.

 

"You got me and my family fooled." Yoona still couldn't believe it. "But thanks, I really owe you today."

 

"Don't mention it." said Seohyun as she genuinely smiled. She patted her shoulder as Yoona got shy but she can see her gratefulness through her eyes. It's still absurd for her to find out that an innocent friend of hers was diagnosed with a tumor on her brain, just too harsh to imagine especially when she's a nurse and serving the sick people.

 

"Yah, the pizza is here." Tiffany peek at them which brought their attention towards her. "You're paying for it, right hyun?" She reminded before leaving them.

 

Seohyun hastily headed to the living room while Yoona stayed in the kitchen for a while to breath in and out, as she processes what happened during the day and the fact that Seohyun learned her secret through her bucket list. She took time for herself before she decided to open the fridge and find an ice cream inside. "Did Omma bought this?"

 

"Yep, after learning Seohyun is treating us pizza." Mrs. Im's voice was heard behind. She smiled to see her mother. "Get the cups." And she was asked to help her.

 

"Right away." Yoona casually helped her mother with the cups and spoons then joined her as they joined the others to the living room. Everyone gathers around the four boxes of pizza and took a feast on it together while they chat all night long.

 

 

:::

 

 

Unlike the last time they shared a bedroom, Seohyun is somehow awake when Yoona went out of the bathroom. She was busy scribbling on her notebook.

 

"You're not yet sleeping?" Yoona asks as she climbed to the bed while Seohyun's using the extra bed again.

 

"I'm listing the stuffs I should buy tomorrow. Your Unnie and I are going to the mall after you told them about the beach." Seohyun shared flashing a bright smile. "Do you want me to buy anything for you?"

 

"Nah, I'm fine." Yoona declined as she comfortably lied down staring at the ceiling in silence before she turned to face the younger one on her left. "Seohyun."

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun tilted her head and smiled a little.

 

"Thank you for today." Yoona softly says. "I think It would have been a worse scenario if you joined them testing the car. I never imagined anyone also except for you to help me with that situation. You know, some would have been scared. I'm grateful and glad I can share this with you now. I feel like there's a tiny burden was lifted in my chest."

 

"Aigoo, I told you, don't mention it."

 

"I just want to tell you again."

 

Seohyun amusingly smiled. "Then thank you also."

 

"Wae?" Yoona is confused.

 

"Thank you because you are trusting me right now."

 

The doe-eyed smiled back then shifted her gazes to the ceiling. She let out a sigh before she spoke again. "I never stopped trusting you. Since you made me borrow your pen."

 

Seohyun is agape and speechless. The latter just smiled towards her before she shifted her body to the side.

 

Taking her pen, she wrote: make her happy always, on her one bucket list on her notebook and a small yet giddy smile forms in her lips as she looked at Yoona's back.

 

"Seohyun." Yoona softly called without facing the younger girl.

 

"Hmm?" Seohyun just raises her eyebrows.

 

"I'm curious." Yoona pause. "What do you think will be my family's reaction when they get to learn about this?" She sighs afterwards as she cuddles with her extra pillow.

 

"I'm pretty sure they will surprise and ask you why you hide it like my reaction earlier in the hospital. But they will scold you also and... would be really sad. But they would understand later on and they will ask you to take your meds always."

 

"You're telling me they'll do what you are doing to me." Yoona giggles.

 

"Exactly since they are your family and they care for you." Seohyun explained. "I care for you, you know."

 

"Yeah, I'm overwhelmed. Feels like in high school again."

 

"Well, we're... Friends."

 

Yoona sighs. "Yeah."

 

"But hey-"

 

"Good night, Joohyun."

 

Seohyun was taken aback. She is speechless and agape once again as she just watches the doe-eyed turned off her lights.

 

"I'll go to sleep first."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter