Buddy Program

Love Agency
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR's POV

"Hey, babe!" A girl stood up when her boyfriend called her, she smiled as she held the hand that was stretched for her.

"Hi, babe, what took you so long?" Jimin just smiled as he played with her fingers before kissing the back of her hand.

"You've been playing games?" The guy smiled sheepishly then it made Mina sighed, "Look, it's okay to play games but you really have to focus on your study too."

Jimin stopped smiling then he opened the passenger door for Mina before going to the driver seat, "Babe, please look at me."

The guy turned his head while his hand simultaneously the car engine, "I am not in the mood for this, Mina. You know that I will be just fine. I will finish my homework and-"

"Jimin, I got accepted today."

There was a deafening silence, it was not like Jimin was not happy for Mina, more like he was ashamed that he was still in college while Mina had begun her another chapter in life.

"Congratulations, babe!" Jimin smiled but Mina knew that the smile didn't reach his eyes. He used to be so supportive.

"Babe, you can do it." Jimin just smiled then started driving, "Yeah, babe. How did you get accepted anyway?" Mina smiled as she knew that her boyfriend actually cared, "It was actually a beginner's luck though. I came for the interview when the managing director was strategizing for the upcoming campaign, and I sorta helped? I don't know if I was helpful or not, but it was really quick, I got accepted and I will start tomorrow!"

Jimin smiled then patted his girlfriend's head, "You've done well, babe."

Mina smiled happily as she took Jimin's hand then intertwining their fingers, she was more than happy to have Jimin's support.

Jimin put his attention back to the road, he slowly retracted his hand so he could tap on his phone, for the google maps, "Where do you wanna eat, Babe?"

Mina pulled out her phone and started browsing and giving ideas. Jimin only nodded while he was thinking of other things.

He is two years older than Mina.

Yet he didn't know if he could finish his study in the next two years.

All of his closest friends had finished their studies. They had been accepted by prestigious companies or had started their own businesses, pursuing what they wanted in life. And now, his most feared thing happened. His girlfriend had not graduated, yet had been accepted. Even on her first interview. How smooth others' life could be, why couldn't his life be as smooth as that? He wanted to give up. He really did.

They did not hold hands till they were done eating. Mina was too happy to realize. Jimin was too miserable to try.

--

A boy called Son Jeong Hoon covered his ears as he heard loud screams from outside of his room as he was actually trying to sleep, then soon, someone barged in and Jeong Hoon knew it was his sister, Son Chaeyoung.

While rubbing his eyes, he squinted at the figure in front of the door, "Noona?"

"...Sorry..." Jeong Hoon stood up and said nothing, he hugged his sister, tight but not too tight, just warm and engulfing Chaeyoung's petite body in his hug. Patting her head, he knew usually Chaeyoung hated being babied by him. But now, Chaeyoung just stayed mum.

"What is it now?" Chaeyoung didn't answer right away, she now was crying hard, "Why...can't Dad accept...me, Jeong Hoon-ah?"

The younger brother sighed, he just sighed, again and again, not knowing what to answer. His sister was actually a very good daughter. She was known as the smart and diligent Son Chaeyoung back at school age, very different from himself, who rather went out with his friends than helping his Mom like what Chaeyoung did in her early age.

But it was all in the past, now, there was never a month without Chaeyoung being asked harshly, pestered, pressured and scolded for...liking girls.

Different with Jeong Hoon who has known this fact since they were young, even Jeong Hoon once was the one who asked for the girl's number 'cause Chaeyoung thought it would be weird for a girl to ask for girl's number. What a great memory they had shared together. But Chaeyoung always shut when it came to relationship especially towards their parents.

Now things were different. Chaeyoung was in the 'dating age', and normally, their parents asked whether Chaeyoung had someone or not. Chaeyoung, being a good girl, she gathered her courage and told their parents the truth.

There was a huge backlash, they almost disowned Chaeyoung if it was not for Jeong Hoon who came home on the right time after his softball practice, hugging his sister telling their parents that, "God makes no mistake. She is my sister, your daughter, whether you like it or not. She is not a mistake. She is perfect the way she is. She is Son Chaeyoung, nothing changes. If you want her to leave, I leave too."

Their parents kept shouting that it was not appropriate before their Dad slammed main bedroom's door shut. Clearly giving signal that no matter what, they are not in the same page.

Chaeyoung was always a tough girl, but that certain issue always makes her soft. She cannot help but feel guilty towards her parents, but at the same time, she couldn't lie that she always loved girls.

But now, Chaeyoung was okay already, she was sitting on the couch in Jeong Hoon's room, playing with her phone, "Hoon! Look at here, your crush is updating her instagram story!"

Jeong Hoon smiled at how easy Chaeyoung moved on from her misery, she was always like that, raging all out, letting th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter