♠️Chapter 9♠️

The Making Of:

♠️Chapter 9♠️
[Haseul]

Sure enough her name was up there and she was alone among the three of us.

“Good luck Songhye!” Minha quickly exclaimed, earning looked from other girls.

“Songhye, do your best!” I did the same, not caring about the others. If I wanted to cheer for my friend, then I will.

I watched her as she walked away and disappeared from sight before reappearing in the screen.

Ailee started the song and sure enough the others started to sing along. I waited for the moment where Songhye had to sing alone and sure enough it came by the bridge of the song.

Honestly, I wasn’t sure why she was so worried. Apart from her rapping skills, I think that her vocals were just as good. I guess she’s much more confident with her rapping skill.  She should teach me how to sing later.

Once they were done, they were lead out of the studio to the next room for our dancing evaluation, with the group you sang with. This meant Songhye had to leave before us.

The next group weren’t both of us either. It was during the final group were me and Minha’s names finally appeared on screen.

I was thankful that I could be near somebody I knew instead of singing with complete strangers.

As I stood up, Minha grabbed me by the arm.

I turned to look at her.

“Let’s do our best, HaSeulie” she cheered, making me smile as well. The two of us quickly made our way, greeting the other judges as we pass by.

Nine of us got to the other studio and Ailee was there, writing something down on her sheets of paper. A frown was on her face and I never knew she was capable of showing such expression, making me much more nervous that I need to be.

“Alright, so you are the last group, correct?”

A few nods and yes were muttered from us.

“Well, then. I’m sure you’ve watched your friends from earlier. Show me what you have then” she said, signaling the staff to turn the music on.

Just like the rest, she started of with the original key but she quickly change it as soon as we got to the first hook.

Minha got one of the higher notes and she sang amazingly. I was sure about her vocal range by the way she talks through squeals and random sounds she makes for no reason.

I watched as Ailee keep on eyeing me but moved to the other girls, making me confused as I sing.

When she finally got to me, it was at the highest mark. Unfortunately it caught me off guard that my voice cracked at the end. I saw her raise an eyebrow before she moved to the next person and back to me. This time I could finished the song at the low note.

Once the music stops, I could feel my heart in my mouth. It was pounding hard and I had never felt as embarrassed my whole life. I mean the top used to be me at the school assembly. I’m sure there was no way anything could top this moment this very day.

“Alright, thank you girls, you can leave for now and I’ll see you tomorrow” Ailee said, hugging the board close to her, to avoid anyone from peeking.

All nine of us left and I walked behind Minha slow, kind of disappointed that I blew my chance to get into a higher rank.

“Haseulie… don’t feel sad…” Minha hugged me by my arm as the two of us walked together.

“You heard how my voice cracked… I’m so upset with how this turned out…” I admitted to her.

Minha hugged me closer to cheer me up.

The two of us walked arm in arm to the next room but stopped when we were approached by Sozen who was talking to one of the staffs.

“Hey Minha, Haseul, good job today” he smiled as he got to us.

“If you mean good job on blowing it than yeah…thanks…” I muttered.

“Oh, you didn’t do that bad. You were nervous. You still got that note though” he tried to reassure me.

“I cracked at the end. God this is so embarrassing. Not only the whole studio knows, the whole nation’s going to hear that crack soon” I fake cried.

“That means you have room to improve. It might not be soon but you will. Haseul, is it, earlier while I was getting ready, I realized that you resembled somebody in our company. He had the same problem you had too. You’re just having beginner’s cold feet. Once you get used to your surrounding, you’ll be fine” he added.

His words really cheered me up.

“Your right… thanks… that really meant a lot” I thanked him.

“No problem… I’ll see you two tomorrow, then?” he nodded at us before leaving the two of us to get into the next room.