♠️Chapter 3♠️

The Making Of:

♠️CHAPTER 3♠️

[Haseul]

“Yes?” A brunette looked up at me as soon as the door was slightly opened.

“Um… hi. I’ve just been arranged to stay here” I greeted her, showing her the key I had.

It took her a few seconds to register what I had said before she gasped.

“ROOMMATE” she swung the door open larger before she grabbed me by the arms and took me inside.

There were four beds arranged inside. Two of them were already occupied by the girl and also another girl who sat at her bed. She looked at the two of us with visible confusion.

“Songhye, we have a new roommate instead of Hana!” the girl who was now hugging me by the arm told her friend.

“I can see that… Minha, remember human’s basic need, personal space? Let go of her you ert” her friend, Songhye sighed.

Minha gasped at her words but let me go relentlessly.

“So, what’s your name? Where are you from? Sit down over here!” Minha continued her rain of questions.

A part of me was nervous as hell and another part of me was happy that there was somebody so friendly as Minha being my roommate.

“I’m Park Haseul from Gwanju… you’re both from Incheon right?” I asked as I sat down at the empty bed in front of theirs.

“Yeah. I'm Woo Songhye and this little kid here is Kim Minha. There was supposed to be three of us though… our friend Hana couldn’t come since her dad got sick. Where are your friends?” Songhye asked this time.

I started to shift in my position, shaking my head.

“I’m not supposed to be with them in the beginning…I think. I think I’m just an extra trainee for the show’s dramatic purpose” I said honestly, rubbing my arm awkwardly.

Minha who was laying on her tummy suddenly sat up.

“You’re the lucky trainee!?” she asked, surprised.

Confused, I stared at her. “Lucky…trainee?”

“There was a rumour about the CEO breaking the rules on casting three trainees per school. A lot of the trainees said whoever that person was probably had a secret skill or something…so what did you do?” Songhye asked, curiousity in her eyes.

I shrugged, not knowing it myself.

“Like I said I thought I was only extra editing script… my school mates are probably much more better than I am. I just hope it wasn’t an inside thing…” I said, quietly.

Songhye raised a brow at me.

“Well, I’m sure they chose you because of something else. I mean you look as pretty as any idols out there” Minha smiled, attempting to cheer me up.

“I wish” I laughed, standing up, deciding to unpack my things but stop as soon as I opened my luggage.

“Do either of you know if this roommate thingy will be permanent or…”

“Nope. There wasn’t anything said about it” Minha said.

“The lady at the front desk didn’t say anything about it either… just unpack what ever is necessary for you, just in case anything happens in the future” Songhye said standing behind me.

The whole evening, the three of us spent our time getting to know each other, asking questions.

Turns out that the three of us were the same age.

Songhye was born in April while Minha was November baby which made me the middle child of this household since I was born in October.

With the knowledge of our ages, any honorifics were thrown out the window since Songhye strongly denied any honorifics towards her, saying, and I quote “I am YOUNG” which me and Minha had just laughed out guts out at.

We shared about what group got us into Korean Pop from the beginning.

Funnily enough the three of us said Super Junior back in 2009.

“I mean, Sorry Sorry was the biggest thing back then! Whoever doesn’t know that song should be ashamed of themselves!” Songhye exclaimed to which the three of us agreed.

“Unless you’ve only lived long enough to join the Gangnam Style era than that’s understandable. Although Sorry Sorry was the best thing back then” I added to her.

We shared about what groups we were fans of. The three of us quickly admitted to liking Bangtan since we they were the big hit at the moment. Although both me and Songhye admitted to liking them but not having them as our number one group bias. Minha however happily admitted to being big fan of Jimin.

“Still you must have been attracted to somebody in the group. I mean, I know Songhye here likes Suga” Minha grinned, knowingly, earning a side nudge from Songhye

“I guess you can say I like Namjoon in the group. He’s got the ideal brain for an musical entertainer. So, which group do you like Songhye ” I grinned.

“Honestly speaking, I’m a big fan of the old groups like 2PM and UKISS themselves. If I had to choose the group for this generation I guess Got7. But my number one bias will be Kevin from UKISS”

“A multifandom they say” Minha added to which Songhye agreed to.

“Which group do you like Haseul?” Minha asked.

“Oh, Big Bang since 2010”

“Oh let me guess your bias….” she said and stared at me hard.

“Pretty sure the answer’s not written on her face, Minha” Songhye laughed at her friend’s tactics.

“Shush, I’m trying to read her mind” she said and continued to stare at me, making me laugh hard.

“Why don’t you two guess together. I’ll count to three and you two say your answer” I suggested to make it fun.

“Sure” Songhye shrugged and also did the same staring thing Minha was doing, making me tear up in laughter.

“Okay, one, two three” I counted in between laughs.

“Seungri”
“Taeyang”

“Bzzzz wrong!” I shook my head before picking up my phone to turn on my wallpaper.

“Ah, it’s GDragon… Of course!” Minha grinned.

“That explains the YG-esque clothing” Songhye said pointing at my outfit I had worn.

“Hey, just because I wear dark colors does not mean anything….although yes, I do love YG’s Swag style” I admitted in a small whisper.

“What was that?”

“Nothing!” I laughed, earning a look from Songhye who threw her red pillow at me.

“Ugh rude!” I shouted throwing my blue pillow and her red pillow at her.

And thus starts the ‘Great Red, Blue and Green Pillow Fight of 2017’

It was almost midnight when we decided to go to sleep.

I found out that Minha was a fast sleeper since as soon as she hit the pillow, she was out of it, which left me and Songhye to talk a little more.

I found out that the two of us had a lot more in common like how the two of us having a brother who was working the same type of career. The two of us even shared our concerns about the survival show.

“You know, I’m really worried if they make me dance anything out of my genre. I mean, I would still do it but I rather not do anything in the y or cute genre… I just don’t fit well in there” she sad.

“I know what you mean. I’m worried about that as well” I agreed.

“What are you talking about. You could fully well fit in the y genre” she exclaimed in a whisper.

“Yeah, right… I have no confidence in that really. I’m still surprised they took me as a trainee. If you saw how many of us in my school that audition, you’d be as confused as me” I sighed.

I heard her shifting in her bed and I turned to look at her.

“Hey, I know that we just met but I don’t care about what the others say about you. I’m sure Minha agrees with me but you have what it takes to become an idol. You just need a little push…. if you ever need help, don’t hesitate to ask from us, okay?” she said, seriously.

I could feel tears welling up from feeling so grateful and supported.

“Thank you Songhye. I hope the three of us get through this together. I really want us to win this… also thank you for being my friends” I whispered.

“We got this” Songhye said before the two of us fell asleep.

I wasn’t joking about being scared of being on this show with no support, other than my family of course. I didn’t have many people that would vote for me back home and I’m pretty sure that most of my school mates were going to vote for the other three girls from my school. So, I was sure that I would be a joke here.

Knowing I have support inside the show was good enough for me to gain my strength to get through this.

 

I just hope it would be enough.