♠️Chapter 5♠️

The Making Of:

♠️Chapter 5♠️
[Haseul]

The three of us climbed into the van and was quickly greeted by the smell of mixed teenaged girls' perfume.

“I think I’m going to be sick” Songhye whispered to me, earning a laugh.

The three of us sat somewhere at the back since the front was filled. Most of the girls inside did the courtesy to greet us as we go in while some were busy fixing up their faded makeup.

“Alright that should be all of you. Let’s head over to SBS broadcasting studio!” Sozen said as he sat at the front passenger seat while another person sat at the driver seat.

The drive there was almost quiet but Sozen kept on talking to us, probably to help us ease up from being nervous which actually really helped. There was probably nine of us in the van so seeing him being able to chat with all of us really made me understand why they made him the host for this show.

He cracked a few jokes and talked to us like an old friend.

“What about you at the back? The one with the blue sweater?”

“Sorry?” I asked, realizing that I was the one he was talking to.

“What do you want to do for your introduction? All nine of you are going to be given two minutes each to make an introduction video to the voters and you’re free to do whatever you want” he explained.

“Uh… I haven’t really thought of it. I guess I’ll just go with the flow?” I answered,unsure.

Sure enough I got a few scoffs from some of the girls who sat in front of me.

“Hey, don’t worry about it. There are times where very special people give their best at the last minute. Although I recommend to be prepared all the time” he said, probably just to reassure me.

“I guess..” I said quietly, not liking the mixed attention I got. I felt Minha squeezing my hand and I nodded at her to reassure her I was fine.

It took us a while before we finally got to the broadcast studio.

Sozen took us for a tour to the actual recording studio where we were going to have our first filming later.

The whole studio was designed beautifully. The name of the show “The Making of” was scattered all around us.

The judges table were close to the stage and from what I could see there were four seats.

“Before I lead you girls to the White Room, do you have any questions that I might be able to answer?” Sozen asked.

“When’s the first elimination round?” one of the girl asked, startling me.

The show hasn’t even started yet and they’re already wondering when people are getting sent home. These girls are brutal.

“As early as the third episode so maybe next week” Sozen answered without hesitating. Once his answer had settled in, the girls around us started to gasp and whine about how early that would be.

“This is a survival show. If you aren’t fit to be here than you’re eliminated. In my opinion, that’s the right way. I don’t see why the judges should baby you if you aren’t fit to be here” Sozen stated like it was cold fact.

“Yeah, just like the ‘extra cast’” one of the girl laughed.

I could feel my face burning when I heard her since I fully know that that was me.

“Hey you don’t know the reason why that happened. Who knows, that person might cut you as soon as she get on stage. I wouldn’t doubt the CEO’s decision, if I were you” Sozen looked down at her, his smile tight on his face.

“He’s a good person” Minha whispered in my ear, making me nod in agreement.

“Don’t fall in love so quickly, Minha” Songhye joked earning a gasp from her followed by a soft punch from her.

“Alright everyone, if you could just follow me to the White room!” Sozen exclaimed as he led the way.

We walked toward a closed of area on the lower floor, passing by some staffs, which we greeted of course.

“The White Room is where you girls will be doing your Behind The Scene games and what-not. If you’ve watched other survival shows, you’ll be getting extra points if you do well in these games and sometimes some sort of perks for your own performances” Sozen explained the room as we approached a white door.

The room was large enough for almost all of us to go in. The whole room was white in color with a few exceptions for the cameras and a box full of props.

“So as you can see this is where you will create your greeting video. That box over there is what you can use to help you in your video.” he paused, looking at somebody in the room behind the cameras. “I think we can start the recording now… whoever came into the van first please go and get ready. Your time will start very soon” Sozen called out without a blink on any eye.