♠️Chapter 1♠️

The Making Of:

CHAPTER 1
♠️Haseul♠️

“Good luck on the show, Haseul!” My dad called out from the porch as he and mum watched me getting my luggage into the cab.

I turned to look at them and grinned.

“Haseul will be number one!” Mum shouted, louder, making my face heat up from embarrassment.

“Stop that!” I laughed, waving at them as I got into the back seat.

As soon as I closed the door, the driver started to drive out of the neighbourhood I had lived in for the past seventeen years.

Realizing I still had a long way to go, I decided to plug in my earphones and listened to some songs.

 

Today was going to be the start of my journey to becoming what I’ve always dreamed to be.

A singer in the Korean Pop Industry.

Maybe I should rephrase that…

Today was going to be the start of  possibily my journey to becoming what I’ve dream of, since…well… I wasn’t debuting that exact day.

I was actually going to be participating in a new survival show where fifty-five students (in their teenage years) were going to battle their way to be able to debut into a five member girl group.

The show was created under a brand new label called L.E Entertainment which is owned by a former Boy Band member, L.Joe from Teen Top. Other that that, the label had also collaborated with SBS to make this show happen.

A little more information about the show… the show had held auditions at schools in both Japan and also in Korea. Each auditions, L.Joe would be there judging and casting the participants and it was specifically stated that for every school, there would be only three participants chosen each.

But apparently, maybe for dramatic purpose, my school had an exception. They had cast four of us instead of the required three with me being the extra person.

At first when I received the letter of acceptance, I was so happy and got on the phone to call my brother who was away working, got both my parents together to share the news. I was so excited then.

 

Until, my school decided to shared the news with the whole school during a ‘special’ assembly.

Now, I’m not trying to be your typical shy and quiet person but I am considered an outcast at school. Especially when it comes to entertainment things.

The other three girls that were cast were the school’s beauties. The three ‘golden girls’ whose daily meals only consisted makeup and let’s be real, talent.

I would be lying if I said they didn’t have what it takes to be an idol because they really do. The looks, the skills, the attitude, they have it all. Which had also caused me to be very confused with the letter I got. That and also the looks of confusion I got from the whole school as I stood up there on the stage, feeling very out of the place.